Quantcast

» «
Photo
- - - - -

[REL] Driver 2 Maps for 3DS Max (Open Driver 2)

98 replies to this topic
Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:16 AM

extracted the Midtown Madness chicago buildings & such... some are just parts of the buildings that are incomplete.

but there is also this

Rg6TGdv.png

yDhLY0f.png

• undertaker fan, ClaudX and Neddo like this

undertaker fan
  • undertaker fan

Hustler

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:33 AM

Damn this game reminds me of my childhood memories.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:15 AM Edited by nkjellman, 15 May 2015 - 03:28 AM.

Nice work.

Not a bad idea, but perhaps we could get Wrigley Field from an MLB game, and Solder Field from an NFL game.

Personally, I think the Driver 2 Wrigley Field is better than the Midtown Madness one. lol. (BTW, are you using the mod which ports Midtown Madness 1 to Midtown Madness 2?)

Edit: If we can't use a game that is later than 2005, I recommend this game. Might be able to use buildings from it.
864092-931463_76703_front.jpg

I like the idea of revamping Driver 2's Chicago to be what it may of looked like if it were on PS2. It would be nice if an HD era one could be done but that would be too much work. Perhaps we may get to visit the GTA universe version of Chicago in the future.

Besides, we don't have to get too terribly fancy with graphics. We could always add more props to the map.

Edit: By the way, we should see if we can make it so you can drive to the top of the car park in Marina City.
marina-city-towers.jpg
Edit: Some models on here.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:39 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 16 May 2015 - 06:41 PM.

well at the moment lets focus on actually getting the map into SA first ;)

and no, its a preconverted map to Midtown Madness 2. although I have the files for the first one aswelll stored on my hard drive...

I also took screenshots from The Crew of Chicago... Would be useful if someone wants to extend the map abit. these were taken from the PS4 version

Spoiler
  • ClaudX likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:53 AM Edited by nkjellman, 17 May 2015 - 12:58 AM.

If we are able to combine models from The Crew, Watch Dog's, Grid, NFS The Run, etc... it wouldn't be hard to make an HD version of the city. It's not like the streets really need remodeling. If an HD version was done, I'd definitely have a perfect city that you can drive to from North Yankton in a possible future GTA V map mod.

I don't have any experience regarding conversion of models to any of the III era games. I haven't really looked into it as the games are kinda dated.

But, it will be easier to do it on SA as you can practically use sketch up models. Chicago is a big city to be modeled by scratch. We would want a large team of modelers. I bet it is possible if we were to get people interested.

But if we did it on SA, I believe Project 2dfx will allow for some spectacular skyline views. Once we got it on SA, it may inspire people to come together and create an HD version.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

You wouldn't be able to use stuff from Watch Dogs or The Crew or anything like that, though. Best bet would be to remake them from scratch.
  • Jinx. likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:49 AM

You wouldn't be able to use stuff from Watch Dogs or The Crew or anything like that, though. Best bet would be to remake them from scratch.

That would be way too much work for a small team.

Besides, I feel that there is a chance that a Chicago based city would be in the next GTA, due to the many shootings that occur in parts of the city in recent years.

Speccy
  • Speccy

Tool

• Members
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:59 AM

This has caught my interest. It seems like quite a few of us here have modeling experience and I really like the idea of recreating Chicago or any other city. If we manage to round up a small team for the task, I would be glad to join. I have experience with 3-era modeling and I'd be able to pretty much create any existing building.

I would just like to throw this suggestion at you guys - a medium/high poly version of Chicago as a base in San Andreas, perhaps later to be converted to IV/V?

If someone could make a plan for the city, I'd relatively quickly provide some buildings while someone else could be working on the landscape/roads.

Potentially a great mod :)

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2015 - 05:31 AM

This has caught my interest. It seems like quite a few of us here have modeling experience and I really like the idea of recreating Chicago or any other city. If we manage to round up a small team for the task, I would be glad to join. I have experience with 3-era modeling and I'd be able to pretty much create any existing building.

I would just like to throw this suggestion at you guys - a medium/high poly version of Chicago as a base in San Andreas, perhaps later to be converted to IV/V?

If someone could make a plan for the city, I'd relatively quickly provide some buildings while someone else could be working on the landscape/roads.

I am guessing that the plan will be something like this.

-Driver 2's map as a base.

-Add some additional streets.

-Add more landmarks in their real life equivalent locations.

-Fill in holes.

The thing I am not sure about is, if it were to be made, will it be the current Chicago, or Chicago in the 1970's.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:55 AM

-Fill in holes.

The thing I am not sure about is, if it were to be made, will it be the current Chicago, or Chicago in the 1970's.

well seeing as how the chicago in Driver 2 was based on 2000 Chicago. so a modern chicago would be good... that said, there could also be work on a 70s chicago aswell... I could probably do a street plan for the map and include a few extra streets and such. although I am not much of an artist.

Im all for it, I could easily put together a couple radio stations for this project aswell... infact I got a few tracklists planned out already

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:03 AM

-Fill in holes.

well seeing as how the chicago in Driver 2 was based on 2000 Chicago. so a modern chicago would be good... that said, there could also be work on a 70s chicago aswell... I could probably do a street plan for the map and include a few extra streets and such. although I am not much of an artist.

Im all for it, I could easily put together a couple radio stations for this project aswell... infact I got a few tracklists planned out already

I'd do a modern one. It would be more interesting.​ Also, Driver 2 was set in the 1970's, judging by the cars in the game.

I am down for it. I would definitely like to revamp Driver 2's map. Only problem is, I have no modeling experience. I am also more experienced with GTA IV modding. Regardless, I am definitely a help for planning it out as to how it will look. I have made maps before on III era GTA's, however it was with existing models. So if I had building models to use, I can place them in the Driver 2 map so it is more like the real Chicago.

Right now, I am trying to figure out how the GTA V mapping system works so I can bring the heist map updates to single player GTA V. lol

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:59 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 17 June 2015 - 11:05 PM.

so yea, anyone still interested in these?

better yet, any chance this can be stickied? since its technically a modders resource

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2015 - 01:30 AM Edited by nkjellman, 19 June 2015 - 03:51 AM.

I am interested in creating Chicago in GTA.

Once the texture bug is fixed, I will convert Chicago to GTA V.

Edit: For the heck of it, we aught to convert Midtown Madness 1's map to SA. It has full sky scrapers.

Edit 2: What we really need to do is figure out how to convert Cities: Skylines cities to GTA IV/V. That would be much better. We would be able to have real cities in GTA like Chicago, Washington DC, Las Vegas, New York, etc... NOTE: When I say real cities, I mean real streets. Many of those Cities: Skylines maps have buildings from Cities: Skylines as fillers, but if we focused on modeling landmarks in HD quality, we would end up with something a lot better.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:39 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 19 June 2015 - 11:39 PM.

I am interested in creating Chicago in GTA.

Once the texture bug is fixed, I will convert Chicago to GTA V.

Edit: For the heck of it, we aught to convert Midtown Madness 1's map to SA. It has full sky scrapers.

Edit 2: What we really need to do is figure out how to convert Cities: Skylines cities to GTA IV/V. That would be much better. We would be able to have real cities in GTA like Chicago, Washington DC, Las Vegas, New York, etc... NOTE: When I say real cities, I mean real streets. Many of those Cities: Skylines maps have buildings from Cities: Skylines as fillers, but if we focused on modeling landmarks in HD quality, we would end up with something a lot better.

I would rather it not be converted to GTA V... its more of a 3D era map

let the Watch_Dogs map be converted to GTA V

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 June 2015 - 12:37 AM

Even though you wouldn't be able to host it here because it's too recent of a game.
  • Jinx. likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:36 PM Edited by nkjellman, 20 June 2015 - 06:37 PM.

Even though you wouldn't be able to host it here because it's too recent of a game.
Plus, the Watch Dog's map is a sh*tty representation of Chicago. I say though that there are a few things that can be used from it if you wanted to make a good map.

It is a damn shame because the beta version of the Watch Dog's map represented Chicago better.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:43 PM

homnestly V mods annoy the hell out of me which is why i dont want this converted to V. plus the fact it was already converted to IV 2 seperate times with very little work done (one by gtarandom, the other by nkjellman)

anyway I will be uploading the raw maps of each city with the textures included so that hopefully someone does some texture work on them as they are pretty lq...

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:33 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 21 July 2015 - 10:52 PM.

*update*

Here are all the map files with the original textures included... so if anyone wants to redo the textures for the buildings, be my guest...

https://db.tt/6XgpzJSr - 67.74 MB Compressed, 559 MB Uncompressed

example of the textures *most are 32x32*

ayEXYar.png

• goodidea82 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:50 AM

bump to say I updated download link on the original post a few days agp

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2016 - 04:36 AM

bump to gain interest

Barack0Bama3Termzzz
  • Barack0Bama3Termzzz

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:37 PM

I've been following this for a while and l made an account just to bump this. I love Driver 2 and would love to see the Chicago map implemented in pretty much every GTA tbh. I unfortunately lack the means and knowledge to help out but I'd still love to see this get somewhere.
  • Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Lesnikus
  • Lesnikus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 February 2016 - 05:34 PM Edited by Lesnikus, 22 February 2016 - 05:38 PM.

*Link updated 8/30/15. includes all textures*
https://db.tt/6XgpzJSr (Chicago, Havana, Rio De Janiero) - 67.74 MB Compressed, 559 MB Uncompressed

Hello! All maps have only night textures! You can upload day version of textures?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2016 - 01:22 AM

*Link updated 8/30/15. includes all textures*
https://db.tt/6XgpzJSr (Chicago, Havana, Rio De Janiero) - 67.74 MB Compressed, 559 MB Uncompressed

Hello! All maps have only night textures! You can upload day version of textures?

alot of the Day Textures are the Night Textures brightened up from what I can understand

Lesnikus
  • Lesnikus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:34 AM Edited by Lesnikus, 23 February 2016 - 04:17 PM.

Where did you get this Day Texture? You by yourself change the brightness in Photoshop?

ayEXYar.png

And this screenshots (from first post) have Day Textures

Rio De Janeiro
BVGzgAU.png

Chicago
FLbnRXT.png

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:16 PM

Where did you get this Day Texture? You by yourself change the brightness in Photoshop?

ayEXYar.png

And this screenshots (from first post) have Day Textures

Rio De Janeiro
BVGzgAU.png

Chicago
FLbnRXT.png

those are the default textures. look at the files that were in the zip yourself. Day & Night textures are the same. I didnt edit anything at all

Lesnikus
  • Lesnikus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:01 AM Edited by Lesnikus, 25 February 2016 - 11:23 AM.

No. I looked files in zip-archive. There's only night textures that are different from day textures. The city in 3D Editor looks completely different than what you have in the screenshots. You have day textures in screenshots from first post, in .zip archive only night textures. Maybe you just forgot to put the day textures in the archive?

Please, open spoiler for details:

Spoiler

Lesnikus
  • Lesnikus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:55 AM Edited by Lesnikus, 26 February 2016 - 08:55 AM.

those are the default textures. look at the files that were in the zip yourself. Day & Night textures are the same. I didnt edit anything at all

Please read my previous post and open the spoiler. I think you really just forgot to put the day textures in the archive.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:39 AM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 27 February 2016 - 02:40 AM.

Please read my previous post and open the spoiler. I think you really just forgot to put the day textures in the archive.

I dont know what to tell you, 

UKWCWVP.png

I packaged all the files and its the same as in the zip on here. I didnt forget anything or whatever. it all extracted to the textures folder which is what I uploaded in the original archive

https://dl.dropboxus...th Textures.rar

Lesnikus
  • Lesnikus

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:26 AM Edited by Lesnikus, 27 February 2016 - 09:37 AM.

I packaged all the files and its the same as in the zip on here. I didnt forget anything or whatever. it all extracted to the textures folder which is what I uploaded in the original archive

Many thanks! There really is Day Textures!!! That's what I said! Earlier you forgot to put in .zip the day textures. But now I got them. Thanks!

You can also upload Havana, Rio and Vegas with Day Textures?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:13 PM

Many thanks! There really is Day Textures!!! That's what I said! Earlier you forgot to put in .zip the day textures. But now I got them. Thanks!

You can also upload Havana, Rio and Vegas with Day Textures?

I didnt forget them. Those are from Disc 2 of driver. for some reason the thing doesnt let me extract both textures from one disc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users