• Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

Not here to troll or anything, its just that i'm cooking an egg and entered this thread to grab some salt.

tbh I think any posts containing "salt" or "tears" in this thread should result in a temp of the poster tbh

Indeed, this isn't a f*cking game we don't like or a change in a show we find less than appealing, this is the head of state of one of the most populous nations on the earth.  

• EVOLUT7ON, ten-a-penny and Scaglietti like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:48 PM Edited by Eutyphro, 09 November 2016 - 10:49 PM.

but it doesn't prove anything about the "mainstream media."

just because Hollywood tends to be liberal doesn't mean they're deciding elections... as CLEARLY evidenced by last night's election.

They clearly try to, but they fail. And I'm not talking about Hollywood. I'm talking about the mainstream media, which also includes Fox, which is not 'liberal'. The US mainstream media is really very right wing actually.

Didn't you think Ben Carson's rise in popularity was strange? Seeing this email, maybe it was completely manufactured.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

Diablo, I actually agree with a lot of what you said. However, there is no denying that the rotten MSM (yes I will continue to label them as such, despite your objections) were heavily in favour of one candidate over another, regardless of who the candidates were and what they represented. So you can sit there and preach about how much we're both f*cked over, setting aside our political differences (and you'd be right), all day long, but that shouldn't stop us from acknowledging preference when we see it.

I'm not sure how familiar you were with the EU referendum in the UK, but I saw parallel tendencies in how the MSM were polluting the debate with the usual accusations of racism and xenophobia etc towards those who opposed the establishment in the same way they were being thrown at Trump supporters. Name-calling - especially unjustified name-calling - is only going to backfire on those throwing out the pathetic name-calling. One could argue that Trump himself was guilty of this, but the difference being is he wasn't/isn't obliged to be impartial, which our publicly-taxed BBC certainly should be, and clearly isn't.
  • El Diablo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:56 PM

And truly, it begins;

https://www.scientif...epa-transition/

A climate denier is going to head the EPA transition team.  This is the first brick in the wall.

• Tchuck, Melchior, theNGclan and 9 others like this

Android
  • Android

Oreo

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:00 PM

What will all of the "Obummer" haters do now? I don't want to easily assume that we'll have peace and quiet from them. The Obamas were a classy, respectful, and an exemplary family. Just compare them to the Trumps. It looks like a f*cking knock off of the Kardashians. Whatever happens will happen. As much as people hate him, he's more tolerable when he's not trying to incite unnecessary drama or speaking in a pretentious manner. The humble Donald is the one I can live with. His support base on the other hand.. no thanks.

EYO3E7g.gif

Tick-tock.

Voodoo, just f*ck me up fam.

• AlienTwo, A Maned Wolf and DangerZ0neX like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:01 PM

I'm not sure how familiar you were with the EU referendum in the UK, but I saw parallel tendencies in how the MSM were polluting the debate with the usual accusations of racism and xenophobia etc towards those who opposed the establishment in the same way they were being thrown at Trump supporters. Name-calling - especially unjustified name-calling - is only going to backfire on those throwing out the pathetic name-calling. One could argue that Trump himself was guilty of this, but the difference being is he wasn't/isn't obliged to be impartial, 

It's because rational argument, information, and real journalism, are losing to identity politics, name calling, and sensationalism. The mainstream media is in the business of generating controversy by appealing to stereotypes (black vs white, men vs women etc..) and keeping people divided, irrational, and passive. The extent to which identity politics are being practiced by elitist media sources to divert attention from real issues is disgusting. What's even more disgusting is how progressives have adopted this approach, and have based their ideas on systematic mainstream disinformation and divisive identity politics. There's rarely been a worse informed activist movement than BLM probably.

which our publicly-taxed BBC certainly should be, and clearly isn't.

There's no such thing as impartial media. And I actually think the BBC isn't that bad. I think they practice a significantly higher amount of journalism than CNN.

• Mister Pink and John Smith like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

I think they practice a significantly higher amount of journalism than CNN.

Sure, but honestly, my dog practices a significantly higher amount of journalism than CNN when he sniffs the sh*t he's about to eat.

• Voodoo, Eutyphro, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:06 PM

Diablo, I actually agree with a lot of what you said. However, there is no denying that the rotten MSM (yes I will continue to label them as such, despite your objections) were heavily in favour of one candidate over another, regardless of who the candidates were and what they represented. So you can sit there and preach about how much we're both f*cked over, setting aside our political differences (and you'd be right), all day long, but that shouldn't stop us from acknowledging preference when we see it.

I'm not sure how familiar you were with the EU referendum in the UK, but I saw parallel tendencies in how the MSM were polluting the debate with the usual accusations of racism and xenophobia etc towards those who opposed the establishment in the same way they were being thrown at Trump supporters. Name-calling - especially unjustified name-calling - is only going to backfire on those throwing out the pathetic name-calling. One could argue that Trump himself was guilty of this, but the difference being is he wasn't/isn't obliged to be impartial, which our publicly-taxed BBC certainly should be, and clearly isn't.

Yeah I mean I kept turning on the news and seeing them calling Trump a liar and a criminal, calling him evil, etc.  Oh no way, that was Hilary.  Oh wait no, that was Trump, but after the tape dropped about him grabbing pussies.

It's not the mainstream media's fault it's the consumers.  It was all fun and games making Mr. Potato head and clown jokes and sh*t but the more we pointed and laughed the more Trump played it to his advantage because he was never restrained by the same political decorum other candidates were.  The entire Republican party deserted the guy and it didn't matter, so really there was nothing he could say that would actually have negative repercussions for him, but would just lead to tons of publicity.  The only thing that ever made a bump in the road was the tape about grabbing pussies.

• Mister Pink, Voodoo, kokot and 2 others like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 09 November 2016 - 11:09 PM

CO32Mzz.png

Congrats Sag and Alien!

New US politics discussion here - http://gtaforums.com...ics-discussion/

• Moonshield, El Diablo, Eutyphro and 13 others like this