[REL] GTA 1 & 2 Maps for 3DS Max

45 replies to this topic
Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:38 AM

while this isnt necessarily a modification, Alot of people have been looking for these maps to use in Total Conversions and there is almost no documentation on how to convert these maps from cmp/mmp format to a 3ds max readable format..

but thanks to an old GTA 2 map editor that was tucked away in the corners of google. I was able to extract them into the .cae format... 

Spoiler

GTA 1 Maps - Liberty City (NYC), Vice City (Miami), San Andreas (San Francisco), Manchester (GTA 1961), London (GTA 1969)... (17.8MB Zipped & 394MB Unzipped)

GTA 2 Maps - Downtown, Residential, Industrial... (15.4MB Zipped & 305MB Unzipped) (OBJ Version)

As an added bonus... Here are the GTA1 and GTA London radio stations, they are converted from their original wav format to mp3

GTA 1

GTA London 1961/1969

Hello! Amazed with yours great work, but also want to ask, can you convert night version of this citites with prelight ? Will be awesome !

thanks, glad you like them, honestly ive never tried the night versions of the cities. possibly I may do so in the future once I get a new desktop PC
  • L!mon likes this

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members
  • Belarus

Posted 03 September 2015 - 10:54 AM

Thank you much! Hope you do them, at least night version of textures for this map. Want to port it to GTA3 Engine, but without night version it will look boring/

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

hell, no, tunnel, no

• Feroci
  • European-Union
  • Best Script or Plugin 2016 [SkyGfx] [Contribution]
    Best Conversion 2014 [ViIV for GTANY]
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 September 2015 - 02:55 PM

Thank you much! Hope you do them, at least night version of textures for this map. Want to port it to GTA3 Engine, but without night version it will look boring/

that's not textures, GTA2 Dusk lighting is just literally vertex lighting so could be handled with a prebaked NVC in SA without any game engine code at all
  • L!mon likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 10 September 2015 - 01:14 AM

that's not textures, GTA2 Dusk lighting is just literally vertex lighting so could be handled with a prebaked NVC in SA without any game engine code at all

NTA knows what hes talkin about. 

• L!mon likes this

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members
  • Belarus

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:39 AM

So... is there any way to extract vertex lighting from original game, or I can ony must do it myself from zero ?

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:02 AM

So... is there any way to extract vertex lighting from original game, or I can ony must do it myself from zero ?

guess you would have to do it yourself or ask someone to do it? 

honestly, im not too good with these things myself, so sadly I wont be much help for you :(

• L!mon likes this

L!mon
  • L!mon

Custom member title

• Members
  • Belarus

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

honestly, im not too good with these things myself, so sadly I wont be much help for you :(

No, I dont try to ask sombody to do this for me. If it is impossible to extract vetrtex lights from origignal game, then i do them myslef(atleast try to).

Extracting this maps from game - it was more than enough help to me ! 

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

No, I dont try to ask sombody to do this for me. If it is impossible to extract vetrtex lights from origignal game, then i do them myslef(atleast try to).

Extracting this maps from game - it was more than enough help to me ! 

hopefully what you are working on will be something short of amazing

Simon_Wales
  • Simon_Wales

Dry Cleaners Store

• BUSTED!
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:27 PM

your download links m8 are f*cked . care to explain why

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

He probably took them down since not a lot of people got to them or something like that, that'd be my guess

Blackbird88
  • Blackbird88

DualShock 3 Buttons EVERYWHERE

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:04 PM Edited by Blackbird88, 11 April 2017 - 06:42 AM.

It's because he used public dropbox links and those were shut down in March.

• Ash_735 and Wakka387 like this

Wakka387
  • Wakka387

Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:31 PM

It's because he used public dropbox links and those were shut down in March.

I will update it later

dizzl
  • dizzl

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 August 2017 - 08:35 AM

Hey there, I am planning on doing a GTA2 mod for GTA5 and some other stuff with the GTA1/GTA2 maps, and was wondering if you could re upload the files from this thread please?

You would be my hero!
  • Wakka387 likes this

Wakka387
  • Wakka387

Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:30 PM

Hey there, I am planning on doing a GTA2 mod for GTA5 and some other stuff with the GTA1/GTA2 maps, and was wondering if you could re upload the files from this thread please?

You would be my hero!

yea, they will be up either later today or tomorrow

Wakka387
  • Wakka387

Ss4gogeta0

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:38 AM Edited by Wakka387, 08 September 2017 - 04:39 AM.

Updated Links
  • guard3 and dizzl like this

dizzl
  • dizzl

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:15 AM

Updated Links

Thank you very much!!

• Wakka387 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic