Quantcast

» «
Photo

5gb patch required for physical copy ! Is it real ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
887 replies to this topic
varma.2287
  • varma.2287

Friendly guest

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:35 AM

I'm from india . This is my first post . Sorry for bother you.

We already getting game late by 4 to 8 days . Somewhere here in forums i read that After installing 7 discs , we need to download 5gb patch. I'm really worried about this because my net is very slow. It'll take me forever.

Can somebody confirm this is true or not ?
  • OG Viking and gajrajgchouhan like this

Phorkz
  • Phorkz

Prankster

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:40 AM

I couldn't imagine the patch being that big, i suspect 1gb or less will be the patch size

• Thalyn likes this

itrpatrick
  • itrpatrick

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:41 AM

Yes this is true, which is very unfortunate for those with poor internet access.

On the bright side, at least it's not 10GB!
Sorry man :(

• GUMZ1LLA and Kcun like this

varma.2287
  • varma.2287

Friendly guest

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

Can i download in another system and then transfer it to mine through usb ?
Is is possible?

RedIndianRobin
  • RedIndianRobin

SOMEBODY CUT MY THROAT!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:52 AM

Yes. The patch is 5GB. Indians are getting screwed by every second. First of all the game got delayed. AGAIN! Second of all, we have to download a 5GB mandatory patch. DickStar games at their best. 

• r3h4n786, sundar2129, Thalyn and 4 others like this

Douglas Quaid
  • Douglas Quaid

///M

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:00 AM

Yes. The patch is 5GB. Indians are getting screwed by every second. First of all the game got delayed. AGAIN! Second of all, we have to download a 5GB mandatory patch. DickStar games at their best. 

Yea they could have just made it like a 50 mb patch just to activate it lol, sorry bro how long will it take to dl 5 GB?

RedIndianRobin
  • RedIndianRobin

SOMEBODY CUT MY THROAT!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:01 AM

Yea they could have just made it like a 50 mb patch just to activate it lol, sorry bro how long will it take to dl 5 GB?

Not much. Just 1 and half days. 

SuperSaiyanHazza
  • SuperSaiyanHazza

Peon

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:12 AM

Indians and Croats are getting screwed by every second. First of all the game got delayed. AGAIN! Second of all, we have to download a 5GB mandatory patch. DickStar games at their best. 

Fixed :p
I will need to find a way to download it.How else the fu*k will i download 5gb with my speed.

Around half a day.Thats sucks too much,getting the game week after release,and then downloading 5gb.No one will play this game after I finish installing it.

• RedIndianRobin and ChrisPerry2 like this

SNIT01
  • SNIT01

MR

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:19 AM

I can confirm that a 5gb patch is required after installing from the (7) disks.

psyksjuk
  • psyksjuk

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:28 AM Edited by psyksjuk, 12 April 2015 - 06:32 AM.

I can confirm that a 5gb patch is required after installing from the (7) disks.

Yes i can confirm it.

Edit; I read that wrong, sorry ^^

MD_Shardul
  • MD_Shardul

True disciprine.. come from within.

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:36 AM Edited by MD_Shardul, 12 April 2015 - 10:11 AM.

Spoiler

:facedesk:

• lord sh...t-head, Octane, Daniol and 5 others like this

RedIndianRobin
  • RedIndianRobin

SOMEBODY CUT MY THROAT!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

:facedesk:

LOL! Nice find. 

GtaGamer2222
  • GtaGamer2222

Aroon

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

wow this is sad :( why the faq didn't they just add in the 8th disk ? =/ 

• robban likes this

LankanComrade
  • LankanComrade

Iam just a happy rational thinker :)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

Could be an additional anti-piracy measure ?
  • DS 17 and ChrisPerry2 like this

varma.2287
  • varma.2287

Friendly guest

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

Will i be able to download from another system and transfer it to mine through usb.?
Is there any possibility of it happening?
Like login to my social club account on my friends system and then transfer it to ?

Thanks for clarification

RedIndianRobin
  • RedIndianRobin

SOMEBODY CUT MY THROAT!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:57 AM

Will i be able to download from another system and transfer it to mine through usb.?
Is there any possibility of it happening?
Like login to my social club account on my friends system and then transfer it to ?

Thanks for clarification

For that you have to know what files are added. And then copy it from the other PC and paste it. It'll work that way. 

ssalil
  • ssalil

Shubhra Salil

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:05 AM

source for this news, anyone?
  • IchliebeDeutscheland likes this

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:06 AM

Well why do you think? Because they had to start making the discs before they got finished developing, that's generally how day one patches work. You can't just magically wish a million discs into existence and have them teleported around the world before launch.

• Kuunkulta likes this

GtaGamer2222
  • GtaGamer2222

Aroon

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:09 AM

Well why do you think? Because they had to start making the discs before they got finished developing, that's generally how day one patches work. You can't just magically wish a million discs into existence and have them teleported around the world before launch.

what ? no they don't. They only start making discs after the game development is done.

• Myrskalle likes this

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hope they provide alternative link because my internet speed is slow after the I have exceeded my limits.WTF! Rockstar

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

what ? no they don't. They only start making discs after the game development is done.

Development is never done until they stop supporting the game. They simply ran out of time with whatever they put in the patch, it's a choice between delay it another week or put it in a day one patch, the patch generally is going to upset people less.

GtaGamer2222
  • GtaGamer2222

Aroon

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:14 AM

^ "They simply ran out of time with whatever they put in the patch," You work for R* ? 

I do get what you are saying, it kinda sucks for people with low internet speed =/

MD_Shardul
  • MD_Shardul

True disciprine.. come from within.

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

Hope they provide alternative link because my internet speed is slow after the I have exceeded my limits.WTF! Rockstar

Nah, there's no manual download. You can only download it through social club.

Myrskalle
  • Myrskalle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

Development is never done until they stop supporting the game. They simply ran out of time with whatever they put in the patch, it's a choice between delay it another week or put it in a day one patch, the patch generally is going to upset people less.

It's an anti-piracy thing. You only print the disks after you have a working, gold copy of the game. Sure, they'll start working on the release patch after that, but the game is still finished.

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:17 AM Edited by _MK_, 12 April 2015 - 07:20 AM.

Well maybe someone who has already downloaded the 5GB update can upload it somewhere,and everyone who suffers from slow speeds will start downloading it from today,that way when it releases you wont have to wait.

• OG Viking, lord sh...t-head and GtaGamer2222 like this

Rickzu
  • Rickzu

Hay guys!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:18 AM Edited by Rickzu, 12 April 2015 - 07:20 AM.

^ "They simply ran out of time with whatever they put in the patch," You work for R* ?

Heh, no. That's they way it's always been though. They had a set release date for 14th, the game needs to be in stores all over the world by that time, which means they had to get a version out for production in time. Patches are an easy way to get the game out while still having time to fix things.

It's an anti-piracy thing. You only print the disks after you have a working, gold copy of the game. Sure, they'll start working on the release patch after that, but the game is still finished.

I doubt it. There's already a timer in the activation server that prevents the game from being played early. If someone were to crack the game the patch wouldn't matter anyways.

RedIndianRobin
  • RedIndianRobin

SOMEBODY CUT MY THROAT!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:27 AM

Can someone do that? Upload the 5gb patch file someone. I can start downloading right now. Anyone?
  • varma.2287 likes this

Adelthorne
  • Adelthorne

Roadkill

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

Probably real, since hardcopy was made before Januari delay;)

varma.2287
  • varma.2287

Friendly guest

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

Can someone do that? Upload the 5gb patch file someone. I can start downloading right now. Anyone?

calvooo
  • calvooo

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX , Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes.

Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club account (13+) per serial code; only one PC log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferable.

Its some sort of protection. After installation you activate the game and download files required for play.

I think so. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users