San Andreas Props

SA WIP
112 replies to this topic
WindowsExPee
  • WindowsExPee

Better than Pissta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:55 AM Edited by WindowsExPee, 27 May 2017 - 04:56 PM.

Banner.png

San Andreas Props is a mod for GTA San Andreas that adds Props, Roadsigns, and other small details. Empty alleys have been filled with trash, and things like litter on the sidewalks, road signs, and trash bins have been added.

The aim of this mod is to make San Andreas more immersive and "fuller." San Andreas is really lacking in the amount of objects and there is a lot of empty or useless space. It's a shame that Rockstar had to be pushed back by the technical limitations of the PS2/XBOX, but when the next gen GTAs was made, they were allowed to fill in all that empty space with props which made the HD era maps much more immersive and "lived-in."

Many of the objects used are either already in SA or are being converted over from GTA IV and V.

PROGRESS:
as of 5/27/2016
LOS SANTOS ≈ 50%       
SAN FIERRO ≈ 0%          
LAS VENTURAS ≈ 0%     
COUNTRY ≈ 0%            

SCREENSHOTS:

42.png

gallery33.jpg
gallery31.jpg
gallery30.jpg
gallery29.jpg
gallery28.jpg
gallery26.jpg
gallery24.jpg
gallery23.jpg

I would also like to give a huge thanks to DK22Pac for creating the tools to convert models from GTA V to SA!
  • _F_, Masny, HoleInTheSky and 40 others like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Concepts]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

Those blue shadows, though.

I do like the trash underneath the freeway. Is that hobo part of the mod, or just something you did to add effect?

• undertaker fan and minhtroller like this

SkyHunted
  • SkyHunted

Brainless

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:19 AM

aah , i loved it , SA looks better with more props

and btw, why is your shadow blue ?

Blackalien
  • Blackalien

Keepin' it Old Shool

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:29 AM

Looks nice man, I'll try it when it's ready :colgate:

-Quantum-
  • -Quantum-

sup

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Those burger shot cups makes sense only if they're in the area where burger shot is, otherwise it looks out of place IMO

• Blackbird88 and Tomasak like this

AeroFX
  • AeroFX

"All can be changed"

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

I Agree with you -Quantum- and by the way, is that screenshot taken by regular texture..?

WindowsExPee
  • WindowsExPee

Better than Pissta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:33 PM Edited by WindowsExPee, 11 April 2015 - 05:47 PM.

I Agree with you -Quantum- and by the way, is that screenshot taken by regular texture..?

Yes, no texture mods are used.

and btw, why is your shadow blue ?

That will be changed when I update the screenshots.

I changed the settings because I thought a slight blueish tint would look more realistic under sunlight.

Those burger shot cups makes sense only if they're in the area where burger shot is, otherwise it looks out of place IMO

I placed those without much thought, In certain areas I just spammed PROC_RUBBISH objects (PROC_RUBBISH is all the small decals on the ground that you can walk over, and they are intended for interiors.)

Those blue shadows, though.

I do like the trash underneath the freeway. Is that hobo part of the mod, or just something you did to add effect?

I am honestly not sure about how to place ped paths, the hobo was spawned there to add effect.

Do you guys like the trash in the LS river?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:37 PM

I'm totally digging the homeless camp looking thing. Keep up the good work :^:

• Blue and WindowsExPee like this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

You shouldn't put too much trash in the river place (whatever it's called, the drain thingy) because it's not like there's people living there, unlike in V, where there's a small hobo encampment at one point.

• Blackbird88 and WindowsExPee like this

Reyks
  • Reyks

Valar Morghulis

• Feroci
  • Brazil
  • Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:06 PM

This looks very promising, I started a similar project a few months back called San Andreas Remapped, but it was consuming a lot of my limited free time so I had to stop making it temporarily. I do plan on continuing it eventually, no idea when though :p. Feel free to take inspiration from that if you want to.

Just to let you know the trash objects (cups and stuff) look nice during the day, but at nightime they "glow" since they are interior objects.

• Gramps, Ezekiel and WindowsExPee like this

undertaker fan
  • undertaker fan

Hustler

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 11 April 2015 - 08:54 PM

Damn small details really make a game more enjoyable. Nice work ! :^:

miclin
  • miclin

old stager

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

You shouldn't put too much trash in the river place (whatever it's called, the drain thingy) because it's not like there's people living there, unlike in V, where there's a small hobo encampment at one point.

ever been in the USA? You have trash everywhere.

• minhtroller likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:21 PM

ever been in the USA? You have trash everywhere.

The Los Angeles river, from what I've seen, is kept clean, for the most part. The water itself may be disgusting, but there's not tons of trash lying around it. Since this mod seems to be partially based on V, you can look and see that there isn't tons of trash lying around there, either. Apart from the hobo camp, like I mentioned earlier,  it's pretty clean. There's trash here and there, yes, but my point still stands.

miclin
  • miclin

old stager

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

yeh, there isnt that much trash in the los angeles river, its just too big to have trash everywhere :D. But there is trash here and there. 

WindowsExPee
  • WindowsExPee

Better than Pissta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:51 AM

its just too big to have trash everywhere :D

Less work for me!  :colgate:

SweetCheese
  • SweetCheese

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:03 AM

good work man :^:
is that breakable ?

WindowsExPee
  • WindowsExPee

Better than Pissta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 02:51 AM

good work man :^:
is that breakable ?

I assume you are talking about the objects?

There are many breakable and static objects added.

Signs, Bins, Dumpsters, Plants, Trees, Mailboxes, Bus Stops, Phone Booths, Cardboard Boxes, Trash Bags, and Street Clutter.

• SweetCheese likes this

LaBombaRomba
  • LaBombaRomba

Straya. "Fear denies faith", ⌐■_■

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:03 AM

i like it....

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

Downtown LA itself is pretty bad... 

should put more trash near little mexico in San Andreas since that area under the highway is based on Skid Row which is pretty much a Homeless encampment itself

WindowsExPee
  • WindowsExPee

Better than Pissta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

compare_zpsatvzokp1.png

What do you guys think?

• Kalvin, Ss4gogeta0, Mega and 4 others like this

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• GTA Mods Staff
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:18 AM

Just to let you know the trash objects (cups and stuff) look nice during the day, but at nightime they "glow" since they are interior objects.

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw this. If you 'fix' the glow, then they'll look bugged in interiors :p

Only way around, is to duplicate the model to another ID, and use it exclusively for exteriors, and fix the glow.

Also, the blue shadows was something that a previously banned member was always requesting ..

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

heres an idea, how about a script that tracks the day of the month ingame, kinda like a calendar system. and depending on which day. certain events can happen..

for instance, the 1st and 15th of the month are when more drug deals happening(since thats when people get their unemployment check in real life) and so on and so forth... should be simple with a ped spawning script tied in...

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:37 AM

heres an idea, how about a script that tracks the day of the month ingame, kinda like a calendar system. and depending on which day. certain events can happen..

for instance, the 1st and 15th of the month are when more drug deals happening(since thats when people get their unemployment check in real life) and so on and so forth... should be simple with a ped spawning script tied in...

And that has to do with a mod that adds more props...how?
  • LINK/2012 likes this

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

I always thought people were props. I guess plans of world domination have screwed with my head a bit.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:47 AM

well hes adding a hobo encampment... figured It would be nice to have some form of interaction in such an area. I mean if your going to try to make SA more detailed, you might as well go all the way... 

and I vaguely remember there being a plugin that would change the weather based on the weather in LA in reality using the weather channel's server that is also used by GPS Navigational systems

ClaudX
  • ClaudX

Keep singing.

• Members
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

well hes adding a hobo encampment... figured It would be nice to have some form of interaction in such an area. I mean if your going to try to make SA more detailed, you might as well go all the way... 

and I vaguely remember there being a plugin that would change the weather based on the weather in LA in reality using the weather channel's server that is also used by GPS Navigational systems

The author should probably worry about finishing the original intention of the mod before adding new content that wasn't in the original plans.

• Blackbird88, universetwisters, Ss4gogeta0 and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:50 AM

There's a big difference between merely placing props and going out of your way to make a calendar system just to get a few more drug dealers to spawn on two days.
  • ClaudX likes this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2015 - 02:57 AM

There's a big difference between merely placing props and going out of your way to make a calendar system just to get a few more drug dealers to spawn on two days.

wasnt just thinking about only drug dealers you know... it was just an example... I was thinking more of events like parties on the beach during the summer and stuff like that

• WindowsExPee likes this

WindowsExPee
  • WindowsExPee

Better than Pissta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:54 AM

Thats the first thing I thought when I saw this. If you 'fix' the glow, then they'll look bugged in interiors :p

Only way around, is to duplicate the model to another ID, and use it exclusively for exteriors, and fix the glow.

So the glowing issue is caused by the fact that they are interior objects? Or is it an issue with the model itself (vertex colors?)

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:59 AM

Vertex colors.

• WindowsExPee likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users