Carface Workshop

926 replies to this topic
Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

Lozano71 asking me to make a police version of my diplomat, i haven't give him an answer yet because you haven't finished yet, I dont know what kind of police vehicle he specialized.

I really love America until 2001. If Lundy love details and authencity - i love atmosphere in common. I work on global mod, where all emergency vehicle's replaced by their analogs by eras.
I have 3 different packs, 1970's, 1980's, 1990's . They have common idea, but own dlc's and vehicles. Also i do popgroups for all eras, so no new car's in game.
For example..
"police" is AMC Matador, Chevrolet Caprice 1989, Chevrolet Caprice 1995
"police2" is Plymoth Belvedere 1965, Ford LTD 1984 (will be Chevrolet Impala 1985), Chevrolet Caprice 1990/1991
"police3" is Dodge Polara 1971, Ford LTD Crown Victoria 1987, Ford Crown Victoria 1996.
Same thing for sheriff's, hwaycar's north yankton state police and other vehicles. Also i work on agencies from RDE, like airport, port usaf and del perro police. And also i work and will work on Liberty and Vice City police.
Shortly, i do a big mod which turn game in 1970's, 1980's or 1990's. I'm inspired by movies like Fargo, gone in a 60 seconds, wanishing point, Alone in home ( :D), Rush Hour. 3D universe GTA games, Driver 1&2, World Scariest Police Chases.
I rarely write on forums because I'm shy. I do not think that I'm professional enough for this work. But I do it as I can, in my pleasure. But main thing for me is doing videos, machinimas. I will do it more when finish my pack.
Also, i started to work with peds. Here my first work. (thanks totoline66 for authentic coat texture). Lundy, look, there is your old hat and badge texture!
 20633589_s.jpg20633593_s.jpg20348323_s.jpg
I don't do converts or models from scratch, but sometimes do templates and fix bugs on different vehicles. For example this ford origially was really bugged. and haven't correct collisions.
20633879_s.jpg
Release of my pack planned not earlier than spring-summer, i need to work with 80's cars. So Lundy anyway do own releases faster than me. (and i hope there will be Dodge Diplomat and 1991 Chevrolet Caprice Police Package DEV version)
So, i hope i'll got your permission.

Strangely enough, I was working on a 1997 car pack for GTA V (but it was gonna use both vanilla and real car). I actually got pretty far, until Rockstar updated the game and broke everything. Also carface, have you thought about doing a 1995-1997 crown vic for you next vehicle, since Lundy has abandoned his.

Hmm, My next ford is going to be a 1972 full size, but again it depends on reference photos....

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

Hmm, My next ford is going to be a 1972 full size, but again it depends on reference photos....

A 1972 or a 1973 LTD or Galaxie 500 of that time?

I am asking because...

i010055.jpg

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:07 AM

more likely 1972 http://www.imcdb.org...m-500-1972.html

• Lozano71 likes this

Lozano71
  • Lozano71

Retrocop

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:35 AM Edited by Lozano71, 24 February 2018 - 08:36 AM.

1972 is nice...

But if you interested, you also can convert this https://gta.com.ua/f...s.phtml?id=1342. Author will glad to see it, as i know. There is also Coupe, Landau, and Brougham.

GreenAid
  • GreenAid

Awwwwww Yeaaaa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:28 AM

1972 is nice...

But if you interested, you also can convert this https://gta.com.ua/f...s.phtml?id=1342. Author will glad to see it, as i know. There is also Coupe, Landau, and Brougham.

It will be done eventually most likely but I doubt Carface would convert someone else's car.

• The Lundy likes this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

Usually, very good cars don't need very long to be converted in appropriate quality by someone. I am acutally surprised that nobody did this job yet.

To be honest I don't play GTA V anymore, its not the same as earlier games. Singleplayer neglected and I dont think that I need to talk about online here.

Hard descision if 1972 or 1973 Ford Custom 500 is the winner for me. The 72 one was driven by Calahan and also a main protagonist in "The Streets of San Francisco". SA convert would rule San Fierro for sure.

But the 1973 one was excellent in "Driver" and was the car from Ken Hutchinson in "Starsky & Hutch".. perfect Glensh*t?

Too bad they have so few in common that a 1973 model would be as much to do as starting from scratch.

GreenAid
  • GreenAid

Awwwwww Yeaaaa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:43 PM

Usually, very good cars don't need very long to be converted in appropriate quality by someone. I am acutally surprised that nobody did this job yet.

To be honest I don't play GTA V anymore, its not the same as earlier games. Singleplayer neglected and I dont think that I need to talk about online here.

Hard descision if 1972 or 1973 Ford Custom 500 is the winner for me. The 72 one was driven by Calahan and also a main protagonist in "The Streets of San Francisco". SA convert would rule San Fierro for sure.

But the 1973 one was excellent in "Driver" and was the car from Ken Hutchinson in "Starsky & Hutch".. perfect Glensh*t?

Too bad they have so few in common that a 1973 model would be as much to do as starting from scratch.

The work goes into making materials as good as possible, and editing things to work with V game engine. Plus making LODs. So it's not really a walk in the park if you want to do a good job.

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

The work goes into making materials as good as possible, and editing things to work with V game engine. Plus making LODs. So it's not really a walk in the park if you want to do a good job.

I see, I used bad wording. With "they dont need long to be converted" I meant that it wont take too long until a converter decides that the car is worth the time the convert takes. Not that it's done quickly.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:16 PM Edited by Carface80, 01 March 2018 - 07:17 PM.

Generation gap. The only classic cars they care about are featured in Forza, NFS or fast and the furious. Most of the GTA5 gamers are mostly millenials, so most of them had never seen a single Dirty Harry movie, if so they will probably try to boycott it.

I see, I used bad wording. With "they dont need long to be converted" I meant that it wont take too long until a converter decides that the car is worth the time the convert takes. Not that it's done quickly.
  • Nik. and LtFlash like this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

I see your point. Its a shame. I'm nostalgic so I might not count but a video game is for me something that should let me dive in in something I cant in real life. And that are the good old cars from the glory days of gas guzzling that suck in small children in their intakes when accelerating. Todays cars are not bad and way better for daily use but they are not as fun to drive as these old ones.

• Carface80 and GreenAid like this

GreenAid
  • GreenAid

Awwwwww Yeaaaa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:09 PM

I see your point. Its a shame. I'm nostalgic so I might not count but a video game is for me something that should let me dive in in something I cant in real life. And that are the good old cars from the glory days of gas guzzling that suck in small children in their intakes when accelerating. Todays cars are not bad and way better for daily use but they are not as fun to drive as these old ones.

Most people share your feelings I guess, except towards the super cars that they'll never get to drive xD

• Carface80 likes this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 March 2018 - 08:44 AM Edited by CT1612, 02 March 2018 - 09:00 AM.

Most people share your feelings I guess, except towards the super cars that they'll never get to drive xD

I drove many cars in my life and currently I am driving a 2011 Renault and a 2009 Ford in daily use.

But I owned many old cars as well. Most fun car I had was an Audi GTE. It needed force to operate, was loud, had body roll without being really comfortable and you sat only few inches over the road while being in a glass house with tiny pillars. All that with a strong and responsive engine that wasn't too thristy. Best fact was that the interior actually smelled like a good old German city hall. That car never lost that certain interior smell, even after 35 years and many smoked cigarettes in it. And that gearbox, sporty leather knob, short ways and good precision. In the end the syncromesh was worn out, but I didnt care. Double clutch shifting is a thing of practice.

Or a Mercedes 250, a car like a tank. If it hadnt windows, I'd lock all my money in it because I trust it. Even driving was an unique expericence. It didint accelerate - it increased its speed. It didnt have body roll - it taught the passengers the law of physics. Even those old US cars are fun to drive as long as the road is straight. Its a feeling of life that will never come back. Cars are time capsules for me. To own them in real life is not possible. I would need a whole parking lot for all I want. Models of them are just standing in the cupboard, being good to the eye but carrying no emotion.

Driving them - as long as they are in good quality - in a game me brings them to life for me. Forza is good but feels somehow limited. When I drive them in an open world game i can decide if I cruise slowly to the sunset or do a police chase or even a race. As San Andreas has the best overall game experience for me (IV feels limited again although its otherwise brilliant and I never liked V) driving an old Oldsmobile Delta 88 or a Mercedes W123 means pure passion for me. I only play it for classic car driving and I put many effort in handling line editing, sound modding, and so on to have a realistic experience.

Towards supercars...

I do have around 300 cars in my SA and it runs astonishingly stable. Maybe 10 to 15 are supercars. Classic ones like Daytona or Testarossa, Countach and Shelbys which I admired as a small kid. Most cars in my game are everyday models because I have actually no nostalgic memories with supercars - I've never been rich. :D

• Carface80, Nik. and GreenAid like this

Officer Holloway
  • Officer Holloway

San Francisco Police Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

large.20180305063854_1.jpg.d058a1411b73ajust found these pics on lspdfr. progress is looking good!

The Lundy
  • The Lundy

Shigure-chan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

just found these pics on lspdfr. progress is looking good!

Those guys don't seem to do to well of a job with their materials or visual detail. Everything except for the Jetsonic are just parts taken from my old mods which were really poor.

Here's my thread on progress with the police package.

https://www.modding-...e-diplomat-ahb/

• Carface80 and GreenAid like this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Back with the ugly duckling..

2U7vdcj.jpg

• -Anti-, GreenAid, Compeast and 7 others like this

The Lundy
  • The Lundy

Shigure-chan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by The Lundy, 4 weeks ago.

Here's the recent works!

jwuhzFi.jpg

Spoiler
  • Carface80, GreenAid, inbetweendays_ and 3 others like this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Carface80, 4 weeks ago.

Looking good Lundy! Are you using some kind of ENB?

Here's the recent works!

jwuhzFi.jpg

Spoiler

The Lundy
  • The Lundy

Shigure-chan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here's the recent works!

jwuhzFi.jpg

Spoiler

Nothing but vanilla.

• Carface80 likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Carface80, 4 weeks ago.

Here's the recent works!

jwuhzFi.jpg

Spoiler

Nothing but vanilla.

Looks almost real, I assume you maxed up the graphic settings (drooling)

ok made some progress on my rice cupcake.

1XjML14.jpg

• -Anti-, unbid, GreenAid and 6 others like this

YuRE$
  • YuRE$

YuRE$

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Here's the recent works!

Spoiler

Nothing but vanilla.

Nice progress, but what about diplomat to san andreas, you give permission to Stratensurf?

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

i think so

Here's the recent works!

Spoiler

Nothing but vanilla.

Nice progress, but what about diplomat to san andreas, you give permission to Stratensurf?

Officer Holloway
  • Officer Holloway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Officer Holloway, 4 weeks ago.

NICE WORK! just wondering why does it take so long to release? those pictures clearly show it has the lights on it why the delay? I'm not a sick 1337 h4x0r modder so excuse my ignorance. i guess its because you need to look at references and model stuff to have the most accurate representation speaking of which CHP cars have a speaker on the pushbar

0d926e6ab80a22ad7584d10127909cadc9814bcf

• Carface80 likes this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Look at the blue car on the right. It looks a lot like Carfaces Diplomat.

post-53074-0-85615400-1519486606.jpg

• CRAZY AL WARD likes this

The Lundy
  • The Lundy

Shigure-chan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

NICE WORK! just wondering why does it take so long to release? those pictures clearly show it has the lights on it why the delay? I'm not a sick 1337 h4x0r modder so excuse my ignorance. i guess its because you need to look at references and model stuff to have the most accurate representation speaking of which CHP cars have a speaker on the pushbar

Thank you!

No problem at all. There's no delay, only progress. You could definitely get a CHP car released in a day, I could put it out today. That wouldn't show much work, though. I'm doing my best to get the car spot-on to the real thing. There's much more to a police car than just its lights and brush guard. Taking time to find reference photos for the correct time period equipment and then modeling and texturing that equipment takes lots of time.

• Carface80, GreenAid and Officer Holloway like this

Officer Holloway
  • Officer Holloway

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm just so excited to see this start showing up in lspdfr videos and when i finally get a computer that can run this game without sh*tting bricks i'm gonna download it in a heartbeat! 

• Carface80 likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

engine bay

T74HaXq.jpg

• YuRE$, -Anti-, Bondergomme and 5 others like this

Carface80
  • Carface80