• Carface80 likes this

verony2806
  • verony2806

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

hello carface,

I made a detective unit out of your unlocked 2016 tahoe. After reading the Readme file, i am asking you for permission to upload the vehicle model on lcpdfr ( locked ).

i will of course add anything you want in the credits

• Carface80 likes this

The Lundy
  • The Lundy

Shigure-chan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

hello carface,

I made a detective unit out of your unlocked 2016 tahoe. After reading the Readme file, i am asking you for permission to upload the vehicle model on lcpdfr ( locked ).

You don't need permission from Carface. Just credit him as it shows.

• Carface80 likes this

Officer Holloway
  • Officer Holloway

San Francisco Police Department

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:45 PM

Thanks! Ive been looking for a good reference photo for the hubcap. It got holes using the vanilla wheel textures, but I am not happy with it, the number of holes are wrong and missing some details. I am going to redo it with custom textures.

just one more thing. it needs holes in them dog dishes 
Mopar%20Hubcaps%20Police.jpg

glad to be of assistance! 

• Carface80 likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

Finally! Go ahead.

hello carface,

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

LOD mesh

IJsavYI.jpg

• YuRE$, -Anti-, Nik. and 11 others like this

Nik.
  • Nik.

Hochmeister

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

Thanks for the wireframe picture, well needed so I can get my motivation back up. 

• Carface80 likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

Thanks for the wireframe picture, well needed so I can get my motivation back up. 

Ive been low on motivation as well, gotta find a something to cheer me up.

GreenAid
  • GreenAid

Awwwwww Yeaaaa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:52 AM Edited by GreenAid, 04 January 2018 - 12:53 AM.

https://puu.sh/yTJDR/781327d7e4.jpg

Little bug :p dirt broke on the wheels...

Happens to me too every time I reimport your wheel haha (gotta assign UV 1 to UV 2, I can do it myself but just so everyone else might have it too)

• Carface80 likes this

@ob
  • @ob

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:07 AM

Mr Carface! i am glad to have found you. I am currently using your model of the Newlook in GTA V, converted by a couple crazy russians (or some such) and i found an original model with all the AC units, ad boxes, and such, and have gotten it in game. I am planning to ither model my own, or possibly bring yours to the maximum GTA V can handle.. not sure which yet.
For now, though, i got some skins made with every single rivet.
Here's our conversion in progress:

https://image.ibb.co/mO452G/Image1.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/hsE52G/Image2.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/mA2gbb/Image3.jpg

The one someone else converted with my skin:

Also, i found your classic set up for GTA IV, but it was locked.. and was hoping we could stuff it into V for you aswell. once the newlook is all set up by us, the classic will drop right in with minimal modifications. 
I am currently playing on FiveM with a few friends using the RTS and newlook to kind of rp bus drive.. so it would be awesome if i could bring them a Classic. I don't even need to release it if you don't want, i just want it for my own server.

Thanks verry much!

• Carface80, GreenAid and Hullian111 like this

GreenAid
  • GreenAid

Awwwwww Yeaaaa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:02 AM Edited by GreenAid, 04 January 2018 - 10:03 AM.

Mr Carface! i am glad to have found you. I am currently using your model of the Newlook in GTA V, converted by a couple crazy russians (or some such) and i found an original model with all the AC units, ad boxes, and such, and have gotten it in game. I am planning to ither model my own, or possibly bring yours to the maximum GTA V can handle.. not sure which yet.

Also, i found your classic set up for GTA IV, but it was locked.. and was hoping we could stuff it into V for you aswell. once the newlook is all set up by us, the classic will drop right in with minimal modifications. 
I am currently playing on FiveM with a few friends using the RTS and newlook to kind of rp bus drive.. so it would be awesome if i could bring them a Classic. I don't even need to release it if you don't want, i just want it for my own server.

Thanks verry much!

Nice, I just feel as if the tyre texture he used was better than the vanilla one :)

• Carface80 likes this

@ob
  • @ob

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

The ones we used are almost identical to actual bus/truck tires, though im more focused on the rivets and main model admittedly

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:55 AM Edited by Carface80, 08 January 2018 - 06:56 AM.

Wow, thanks for converting, I love the new textures, those rivets.

The one someone else converted with my skin:

Thanks verry much!

• @ob likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:47 AM

the progress is fairly slow, having motivation issues ....but modeling is nearly done.

Ckpo9CA.gif

• YuRE$, Nik., Carrythxd and 11 others like this

GreenAid
  • GreenAid

Awwwwww Yeaaaa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

If you're too lazy modeling all LODs can I suggest looking into the Zmod optimize tool, it can reduce the poly count for you, might require some fiddling to get it right but it should save you a lot of time. + it doesn't matter if LOD3-4 look decent since you won't really be seeing them much ingame, and/or from very afar.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:20 PM Edited by Carface80, 14 January 2018 - 03:22 PM.

If you're too lazy modeling all LODs can I suggest looking into the Zmod optimize tool, it can reduce the poly count for you, might require some fiddling to get it right but it should save you a lot of time. + it doesn't matter if LOD3-4 look decent since you won't really be seeing them much ingame, and/or from very afar.

Tried that, I didnt like it, it removes geometries on places I dont want, it works better on ped characters though.
  • The Lundy likes this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    Most Helpful in Modding 2017
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:27 PM

https://beamng.com/t...e-series.44514/

Those beauties are in BeamNG and work great - any plans to bring Ford Fairlane too? :D
  • Carface80, The Lundy and CRAZY AL WARD like this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:23 PM Edited by Carface80, 14 January 2018 - 09:23 PM.

https://beamng.com/t...e-series.44514/

Those beauties are in BeamNG and work great - any plans to bring Ford Fairlane too? :D

He did a splendid job with the Caprice. I don't think he is converting any more cars, he's a very busy at work.
  • CRAZY AL WARD likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:14 AM

LOD_1 almost done

uieolj9.jpg

• YuRE$, -Anti-, Nik. and 10 others like this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

Looks nice.

Would be the perfect base for a VCPD cruiser. Looking over to GTA Underground it might also serve in addition to VCPD as the police car in Carcer City.

The already existing Dodge Diplomat was overall not too bad and acceptable for me, but this car here is nothing less than another world when it comes to quality.

• Carface80 likes this

DerangedCrackhead
  • DerangedCrackhead

punk de molde

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:46 PM

I agree. I got eventually I little sick of modding IV due in part to the terrible performance of the game, leaving some projects that I had been working with for so long half done, but this model, with the usual quality that Carface delivers, leaves so much possibilities open that it would definitely make me want to retake modding where I left off... just for the many years that we've been hoping that someone made one.

• Carface80 and LtFlash like this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:14 PM Edited by CT1612, 17 January 2018 - 04:20 PM.

I asked myself what's still missing as we have hundreds of car mods.. A Dodge Diplomat in very HQ is now wiped off. :D

A 1992 Grand Am fourdoor was among the last three, a car that would fit perfectly into the game atmosphere, but I came to the following conclusion:

It lacks so bad an adequate replacement for the Fortune, the 1989 Thunderbird. Havent seen an acceptable one yet. There is a 96 one available, but it's crap. Not that the author did a bad job, but it was released already as low-poly in 2006 afaik. More than 10 years later.. it's just bad beside all respect and worship for the author's work... Is the 1989 T-Bird too new for you or does it have any chance? It might also serve as a good undercover car, like the Cheetah in VC, just more realistic.

885502091.jpg

• Carface80, G.C.T., MAD MAX GCU and 1 other like this

DerangedCrackhead
  • DerangedCrackhead

punk de molde

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

I think there was another ninety something Thunderbird with fairly good quality for SA , only that it had the ugly ass 90s nose. I would take the latter model of the previous generation style-wise anyday. Reminds me to an early 1980's Cougar model someone made back in the day for Vice City, the sister model of the T-bird, quite a peculiar model, which was sadly too low poly to convert to newer games. The thing always bugged the hell out of me, haha.

• Carface80 likes this

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:11 AM Edited by Carface80, 18 January 2018 - 03:12 AM.

I had seen the 1996 Thunderbird for SA, the exterior mesh is fairly good quality, but the entire interior ridiculously low poly and it  needs to be redone. I don't like the facelifted1996 model, the base V-6 model is lame, the V-8 model looks unexciting compared the SC coupe.  AFAIK, there is 2 diplomat for GTA, one originally released for San Andreas and it looks too low poly for my taste and a more accurate and higher poly one released for GTA IV (below),  I am supposed to re-work the GTAIV version, but it is easier for me to make it from scratch instead.

gallery_14186_338_279291.png

• LtFlash, CRAZY AL WARD and A.G. like this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:00 AM

I had seen the 1996 Thunderbird for SA, the exterior mesh is fairly good quality, but the entire interior ridiculously low poly and it  needs to be redone.

I just checked it out again, and yes, its base is better than I thought. Only a few details on the outside, like better light textures and a mid-poly interior (there is no need to model every button on the dashboard, a good texture for instruments and gauges does the job as well) and the car is back again!

There is a similar Ford Taurus (also 1996) and a Mercury Sable (1989) in the same state, I guess they'll profit very much from an overworked interior.

Do you think you' ll have the motivation for that?

I don't like the facelifted1996 model

Me neither, but isn't it possible to "downgrade" the car with relatively few work to do? So everybody can choose which one to take as Fortune replacement. The only problem is that MJ89 and MJ97 have different interiors... I guess that will be most of the work.

. I would take the latter model of the previous generation style-wise anyday

That was a very rare model, only sold in 1987 and 1988. It already has similarities to the 89-97 "Super Birds". But nothing wins for me over the 89 Super Coupe. You can't beat childhood memories.

Ragutheone
  • Ragutheone

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:12 AM

I had seen the 1996 Thunderbird for SA, the exterior mesh is fairly good quality, but the entire interior ridiculously low poly and it  needs to be redone. I don't like the facelifted1996 model, the base V-6 model is lame, the V-8 model looks unexciting compared the SC coupe.  AFAIK, there is 2 diplomat for GTA, one originally released for San Andreas and it looks too low poly for my taste and a more accurate and higher poly one released for GTA IV (below),  I am supposed to re-work the GTAIV version, but it is easier for me to make it from scratch instead.

Is it actually harder to rework a model than to make it from scratch?

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:06 AM

Is it actually harder to rework a model than to make it from scratch?

I probably spend a lot of time correcting the model, too much hassle.

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:40 AM

I had seen the 1996 Thunderbird for SA, the exterior mesh is fairly good quality, but the entire interior ridiculously low poly and it  needs to be redone.

I just checked it out again, and yes, its base is better than I thought. Only a few details on the outside, like better light textures and a mid-poly interior (there is no need to model every button on the dashboard, a good texture for instruments and gauges does the job as well) and the car is back again!

There is a similar Ford Taurus (also 1996) and a Mercury Sable (1989) in the same state, I guess they'll profit very much from an overworked interior.

Do you think you' ll have the motivation for that?

I don't like the facelifted1996 model

Me neither, but isn't it possible to "downgrade" the car with relatively few work to do? So everybody can choose which one to take as Fortune replacement. The only problem is that MJ89 and MJ97 have different interiors... I guess that will be most of the work.

. I would take the latter model of the previous generation style-wise anyday

That was a very rare model, only sold in 1987 and 1988. It already has similarities to the 89-97 "Super Birds". But nothing wins for me over the 89 Super Coupe. You can't beat childhood memories.

T-Bird SC,  Interesting future car project, as long Forza Horizon doesn't beat me to it.

Here's the LOD_1 interior,

6bptt5C.jpg

• -Anti-, CT1612, GreenAid and 5 others like this

CT1612
  • CT1612

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:32 PM

There are so many nice cars in Forza Horizon I badly want in GTA SA. I'd even start learn to convert them.. but I guess everyone would do that if it had been easy.

Is there any step-by step guide how to convert a Forza car to SA? With damage and accurate SA plate?

I am an IT consultant, but actually all I do is developing shift plans in hospitals and configuring servers.. :D But I have a general understanding for IT..

Carface80
  • Carface80

Vidya Games

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:56 AM Edited by Carface80, 20 January 2018 - 01:57 AM.

What quality of models do you prefer? Vanilla GTAIV or SAN Andreas? Gta4 usually have 12K to 14K poly and the San Andreas is roughly half of Gta4. Low poly cars are fairly easy to do, i can finish a 20k poly car within 32 hours, specially if I dont care accuracy and authenticity.

You need a forza game and rip the models (high res models and lower poly distance models) yourself. You can push your luck on the Internet for the model rips, sites such as Kotton chop shop used to have some decent model rips. If you want lower poly, games like Driver SF. The second fun part is to fill in the blanks, a lot of these racing game models have incomplete interiors, no engine bay or trunk compartment, you have to model it yourself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users