Photo

Daily Objectives: tips and tricks

681 replies to this topic
size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:51 PM Edited by size_m, 01 June 2015 - 05:01 PM.

ok, now here is the detailed instruction for keeping the progress for the 28-day-bonus while being absent a couple of days (i.e. on vacation):

char A = the character who is supposed to keep the progress.

char B = is the other character who can get that progress reset.

1. on the last day playing before absence time log in first (after refresh/reset time for the daily obj.) with char B to get his list of daily objectives refreshed.

2. complete the list of daily objectives for char B (i'm not really sure if that matters but i did it. maybe you can just leave that list incomplete).

3. the first day after coming back after the absence time log in first (after refresh time) with char B to refresh his list.

4. after that switch back to char A the next day and refresh his list.

the progress for char B should be reset but the progress for char A should be saved.

this worked for ps3, not sure about the other platforms.

• Gridl0k and Pinkarella like this

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:54 PM Edited by Bolatsi, 31 May 2015 - 07:56 PM.

oh, I'm sorry for that. I thought I knew how it works, but I guess it's still a bit of a mystery. One thing I forgot to mention was that when switching to another character I made sure that the social club website updates for the awards to the character I want to use as "a holiday character" which gets the daily objectives when I'm absent. 

Did your daily objectives update for both of your characters when you were absent?

EDIT. only read your first post. So this "holiday character" = your character B.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:30 AM Edited by size_m, 01 June 2015 - 09:20 AM.

@bolatsi

it worked for the other character ("char B").

the progress for char B was still 8/28 after the absence time.

but i wanted to save the progress for the other one ("char A", who had 23/28).

i didn't care about the social club website so this would not be neccessary for that method.

no need to be sorry it's not your fault.

i knew there would be a risk to try that.

at least now we know how it works the right way (see the instruction above, post #61).

my fault was that i first logged in with the wrong character (the last inactive char A) when i came back.

Just to throw a spanner in the works you can actually do daily objectives for both your characters

if you login from about 7am in the morning as I've been doing mine with both characters daily.

Login just after 7 with Slot 1 character, get daily objectives either complete or if you need a friend

do swap character to Slot 2 and the game updates them with new daily objectives as well and you

can get 2 lots of 250k or 1k/5k dependant how many days you've done.

It's proven a handy source of income...

this method really works if you activate (switch to) both characters within the first hour after the refresh time of the daily objectives!

thanks to tails_prower_2040 for this great find!

@denturedynamite

you should add both of these great methods to the initial post.

• Tails Prower likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:20 AM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 01 June 2015 - 08:21 AM.

Here's the video to show this morning between 7am and 8am UK time.

I have not edited it this is entirely from loading the game in to the end of swapping characters.

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:55 AM

@tails: So that way you have 24 hours to complete the daily objectives for both characters?

@size_m: I wanted to say that thing about Social Club, since I thought it might have something to do about which character is active and which not. But this is still a bit of speculation. I'm still sorry that I couldn't explain my theory. I totally put the character A away when I was absent. When I quit the game I made sure that character B is active online and on SC website. Then when I came back 3 days later I logged in with character B. It had it's progress reset. Then I switched to char A which had it's progress still going and active.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:24 AM Edited by size_m, 01 June 2015 - 09:24 AM.

i know now.

unfortunately i had to learn it the hard way.

i thought it doesn't matter which character to use first for log in after the absence time but it wasn't.

but now we know that the detailed instruction in post #61 works like that.

so no need for the social club thing.

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:54 AM Edited by Bolatsi, 01 June 2015 - 09:55 AM.

How do you know that social club thing is not necessary, if you haven't even tried it? I 'm not saying it is, but you act like you know everything, yet I am the one who has done this absence succesfully and you are not.

From now on, I won't post here. funmw2 would be a source for the coding and true facts. Besides that, it's a "try and success or fail" -game for all of us. Hopefully people can profit with your #61. If not, then you are a false prophet. Have a nice day.

And yes, I was wrong too in my earlier posts.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:39 AM Edited by size_m, 01 June 2015 - 10:51 AM.

sorry if i have upset you, that was not my intention as i'm thankful to you for finding out about this.

i just want to share that with the members of this forum so that they don't have to loose there progress.

because i haven't done the social club thing i assume that it's not really a criteria for this method.

i have been successful with this method but not for that character i wanted it for but the other.

therefore i know that it works for me and suggest that it works for other peolpe too.

but still i confess that i don't know everything and that this method could not work for everyone on every console.

it also might just be a bug which happened to both of us.

i don't wanna "steal" the credits from you for finding this.

you are still the founder and i just confirmed it and tried to explain the detailed instruction to help out other people.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2015 - 12:29 PM

@tails: So that way you have 24 hours to complete the daily objectives for both characters?

Correct.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:50 PM

@denturedynamite

Would be happy to, but personally am rather confused with all the messages back-and-forth. lol

Could someone summarize it for the original post? I suspect I'll lose my monthly progress since I have some vacation coming up longer than two days...

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:54 PM Edited by size_m, 01 June 2015 - 04:57 PM.

i tried to summarize it in post #61 on top of this page.

i'm not sure if bolatsi has anything to add or correct, but it worked for me like that.

the credits for finding out about this go to bolatsi.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

^^ OK; thanks! "Character Swapping" section added (if you have a more suitable title that you feel is more appropriate, let me know).

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:41 AM Edited by size_m, 03 June 2015 - 09:48 AM.

ok cool!

but the other cool method found by tails_prower_2040 should also be added to the initial post (under the new section name "swapping characters"):

Just to throw a spanner in the works you can actually do daily objectives for both your characters

if you login from about 7am in the morning as I've been doing mine with both characters daily.

Login just after 7 with Slot 1 character, get daily objectives either complete or if you need a friend

do swap character to Slot 2 and the game updates them with new daily objectives as well and you

can get 2 lots of 250k or 1k/5k dependant how many days you've done.

It's proven a handy source of income...

this method really works if you activate (switch to) both characters within the first hour after the refresh time of the daily objectives!

thanks to tails_prower_2040 for this great find!

@denturedynamite

the other method should rather be called something like "preventing reset of 28-day-bonus while being absent" to not confuse people.

i have another correction for my former tipp on "participating in a deathmatch".

last time i tried to achieve the objective "participate in a deathmatch" (set to normal) by just joining a team deathmatch and leaving at the "betting screen" but it didn't work anymore.

i don't know if it works only sometimes or maybe rockstar has already patched that.

maybe you should mention that all the methods regarding the character swapping and keeping progress are also likely to be patched by rockstar soon or later.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:25 PM

^^ Updated; if R* changes anything in the upcoming Ill-Gotten Gains patch, I'll add it as we become aware of it.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

I'll also report in if I pick up any changes to Daily Objectives with the new update

MTBB47
  • MTBB47

Peacemaker

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:33 PM

I cannot seam to do the objectives for both characters repeatably, sometimes it resets for both but not often.

For me the D/O's roll over at 6pm (im in NZ),i get home from work at 5.30. Sign in on second character, D/O's refresh. Before doing any of them i swap to main character but NO refresh. I dashboard, hard reset, swap characters back and forth, walk in and out of my garage, go to story mode, start invite only. None of it helps.

The stats are not resetting so its not like im loosing progress but i started doing both at the same time, Character 2 is now at 18/28 days while character 1 only just got to 7 days yesterday. I don't often have a month like i do at the moment, to get on GTA everyday but this month is a bit different for me and i thought id be able to get the awards for both characters but it appears R* doesn't want it to be that easy.

Has anyone come up with a solution that works to be able to do both characters? 

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:54 AM Edited by size_m, 04 June 2015 - 07:55 AM.

what console are you on?

i'm on ps3 and for me it works when i log in within the first hour after the refresh time and then swapping to the other char also still within the first hour after the refresh time.

once i had that issue that the list didn't refresh for the other character at first but after some seconds waiting the list got refreshed as well.

i think i went out of the garage and waited a bit then it refreshed.

but you are right that rockstar tries to prevent players to get that bonus more than once a real life day.

but it's not patched yet as it worked for me today.

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

Wonderful Daily objectives for today:

Rally
Impromptu Race
Fall for 325 feet and survive

If the last one would have been one on one dm, then it would have been a total jackpot... :D It's good to have friends on a day like this.

Impromptu Race
One on one DM
Capture Contend

Yay me :sui:

• Bolatsi likes this

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

Has anyone on PS4 gotten the shrowroom award because a friend of mine was telling me that horns also counts with it being fully modded and does motorcycles count towards this award or cars only?

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:06 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 04 June 2015 - 02:10 PM.

Impromptu Race
One on one DM
Capture Contend

Ugh. I feel your pain; and anyone else starting to really hate Captures? Nothing like getting "randomly" spammed with those almost every day.

Grr.

Shy* really needs to add a means of selecting what type of capture you're looking to join in "Quick Job" (i.e. specify Capture - Hold, Capture - RAID, etc.). That should drastically improve matchmaking, by letting players easily join existing jobs needing players; not creating more empty lobbies.

• Tails Prower likes this

rrs
  • rrs

GTA V is for children

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

You can get the bull shark testosterone objective by picking a spawned one up during a deathmatch.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:33 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 04 June 2015 - 03:49 PM.

^^ Great tip! Added as the 'default' means of completing the objective (since it's free). :) BTW, hope you don't mind, but sent you a friend invite--always happy to help anyone with objectives.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:54 PM Edited by size_m, 04 June 2015 - 08:55 PM.

Has anyone on PS4 gotten the shrowroom award because a friend of mine was telling me that horns also counts with it being fully modded and does motorcycles count towards this award or cars only?

how can horns be fully modded??

and what does this have to do anything with the daily objectives??

MTBB47
  • MTBB47

Peacemaker

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:13 PM

what console are you on?

i'm on ps3 and for me it works when i log in within the first hour after the refresh time and then swapping to the other char also still within the first hour after the refresh time.

once i had that issue that the list didn't refresh for the other character at first but after some seconds waiting the list got refreshed as well.

i think i went out of the garage and waited a bit then it refreshed.

but you are right that rockstar tries to prevent players to get that bonus more than once a real life day.

but it's not patched yet as it worked for me today.

Im on the 360 Yea it has worked a few times when i do what you have mentioned but maybe 10% of the time it works. Im pretty much always on when they reset as its just after i get home from work and i do do it within the first hour, probably the first 10-20 minutes normally.

Last night i tried again swapping to #1 straight away after they reset for #2, walked in and out of garage etc, didn't work again. Wwalked in and out of garage, did a quick mission, still nothing, dashboarded, tried again, nothing, reset console, invite only, public match nothing. Tried doing a objective on #2 then swapping back to #1 too. Its not the end of the world but i would have liked to have got everything for both characters at the same time.

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:24 PM

how can horns be fully modded??

and what does this have to do anything with the daily objectives??
I posted this in the wrong thread and i was talking about horns having to be applied to vehichles in order for cars to be considered fully modded for the shrowroom platinum award(30 modded vehicles).
  • size_m likes this

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:25 AM Edited by the nameless, 05 June 2015 - 03:04 PM.

I just had a twat of a time trying to get a rally race started, so I made this.  It was a full lobby within a minute or 2.

PS3:

(Rally) Criminal Records

http://rsg.ms/369844d

Description:

For people with rally on daily objectives, or looking to unlock metal, or get the trophy. 1 lap of Criminal Records.

The idea being that people will know what it is when they get the invite, and people won't leave as soon as they see rally.

Feel free to add it to the 1st page, and I would suggest others on the other platforms make them and share them.

• Bolatsi and size_m like this

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:19 AM Edited by size_m, 05 June 2015 - 10:21 AM.

Character Swapping (completing two sets of daily objectives per day)

(Note: this worked for PS3, not sure about the other platforms).

Following are detailed instructions for retaining progress for the 28-day-bonus while being absent a couple of days (i.e. on vacation):

Char A = the character who is supposed to keep the progress.

Char B = is the other character who can get that progress reset.

1. On the last day playing before absence time log in first (after refresh/reset time for the daily obj.) with char B to get his list of daily objectives refreshed.

2. Complete the list of daily objectives for char B (i'm not really sure if that matters but i did it. maybe you can just leave that list incomplete).

3. The first day after coming back after the absence time log in first (after refresh time) with char B to refresh his list.

4. After that switch back to char A the next day and refresh his list.

The progress for char B should be reset but the progress for char A should be saved.

Although it's time-dependent, you can also complete daily objectives for both your characters:

Login just after 7 a.m. (your local time) with your "Slot 1" character, and complete your daily objectives. Then swap to your "Slot 2" character and you'll find that GTA Online has updated them with new daily objectives that you can also complete for the expected rewards.

sorry that i have to correct again but now you have confused both methods and merged them.

there are 2 different methods which have nothing to do with eachother:

1. "character swapping for completing the daily objectives twice a (real life) day"

2. "keeping progress of 28-day-bonus when being absent a couple of days"

so here is how i would advice to put it into first post:

Character Swapping (completing two sets of daily objectives per day)

Although it's time-dependent, you can also complete daily objectives for both your characters:
Login within the first hour after the refresh time for the daily objectives (which depends on your time zone) with your "Slot 1" character and then swap to your "Slot 2" character also within that first hour after the refresh time and you'll find that GTA Online has updated them with new daily objectives that you can also complete for the expected rewards.

somtetimes you have to wait some seconds with the swapped character to refresh the list.

Saving progress of 28-day-bonus when being absent a couple of days

Following are the detailed instructions for retaining the progress for the 28-day-bonus while being absent a couple of days (i.e. on vacation):

Char A = the character who is supposed to keep the progress.

Char B = is the other character who can get that progress reset.

1. On the last day playing before absence time log in first (after refresh/reset time for the daily obj.) with char B to get his list of daily objectives refreshed.

2. Complete the list of daily objectives for char B (i'm not really sure if that matters but i did it. maybe you can just leave that list incomplete).

3. The first day after coming back after the absence time log in first (after refresh time) with char B to refresh his list.

4. After that switch back to char A the next day and refresh his list.

The progress for char B should be reset but the progress for char A should be saved.

(Note: this worked for PS3, not sure about the other platforms).

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:42 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 05 June 2015 - 03:00 PM.

@ the nameless: Race link and note added--thanks! Just wish I still had my PS3 to try it out. :)

@ size_m: Notes corrected; though I strongly suspect that R* fully intends for us to be able to complete Daily Objectives on both characters for all platforms. I say that, because there's nothing "illegal" about working to get DO rewards. IMO it's just buggy right now, and I hope it will be fixed with the Ill-Gotten Gains update next week.

R* is, after all, the one that created everything: two characters, swapping between them freely, and the Daily Objectives themselves. The fact that DOs even show up for both characters is the best proof of that.

What's interesting is that while Daily Objectives unlock at Rank 15, Lamar's "Send muggers after a player" doesn't unlock until Rank 50 (according to IGN's rank unlock list). And one of the DOs is just that--calling a mugger on another player. So theoretically, anyone below Rank 50 could be asked to "Call a Mugger on another player" without having the ability to do so!

I trust this bug/discrepancy will also be fixed in next week's update.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:15 PM

@ the nameless: Race link and note added--thanks! Just wish I still had my PS3 to try it out. :)

I just checked that link and it went to the newswire page for some reason.  I have edited my post and it now takes you to the race so you may need to change the link on the first page.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:07 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 05 June 2015 - 05:35 PM.

^^ Thanks for the heads-up; updated with the new link.

Also; spotted and added the following helpful tip for "Perform a wheelie for 10 seconds":

If you are given the 'Perform a wheelie for 10 seconds' daily objective, you can do it without going to the airport by finding any motorbike, stealing it and shooting out the back tyre. They wheelie continuously but slowly when the tyre has burst. Wish I'd thought of this before, rather than taking a Faggio to LSX.

snagged from: Things you didn't know about GTAO until now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users