Photo

Daily Objectives: tips and tricks

681 replies to this topic
Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:26 PM Edited by Tails Prower, 01 May 2017 - 12:32 PM.

Sure thing; BTW, not sure if anyone else has run into this, but twice now I've killed someone with a bounty for the "Collect a bounty" objective, and on respawning, the bounty stuck with them.

In one case, it took me killing them twice to get the bounty. This seems to be as a result of the latest Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicles DLC.

Wrong!

Be in game almost forever, I've expereinced this many times even back on PS3.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2017 - 03:39 PM

OK--odd though; I played on PS3 for about five months and never ran into it--they've typically taken a while after killing for the bounty to register (and they're icon to clear), but lately it's been what you're used to.

Thanks for clarifying it!

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:37 PM

I've grown to hate these.....every time i give them another go and get a streak going, rockstar throw in a horrible one that screws me over. If i had done last nights i would have got my 100,000 bonus.....but one of them was a capture GTA, and NO ONE would play it, i sat there as round after round of invites timed out or were rejected, i tried at different times during the night with the same result, couldn't get even one other person to play the capture GTA, I lost track over how much damn time i spent in lobbies

None of my friends were online last night either, so i couldn't even ask one of them to do it as a favor.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:01 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 25 March 2017 - 07:01 PM.

I hear ya :( I go back and forth on whether they're actually worth it or not.

Seems like players are caught between the annoyance and time waste of DOs (for the money--time is money in GTA Online), or the trolling of R*'s NPCs in Import/Export. Grr.

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Seems like players are caught between the annoyance and time waste of DOs (for the money--time is money in GTA Online), or the trolling of R*'s NPCs in Import/Export. Grr.

Yep, early on it's not a big deal, you just think screw it, i'll skip today and restart....but when you have a decent streak going, it really really galls you to let it go, it becomes about more than just the money.

• DentureDynamite likes this

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:07 AM Edited by size_m, 27 March 2017 - 02:45 PM.

Sure thing; BTW, not sure if anyone else has run into this, but twice now I've killed someone with a bounty for the "Collect a bounty" objective, and on respawning, the bounty stuck with them.

In one case, it took me killing them twice to get the bounty. This seems to be as a result of the latest Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicles DLC.

Wong!

Be in game almost forever, I've expereinced this many times even back on PS3.

^exactly.

it is just a delay (which might be because of lag).

the game sometimes needs a longer time to register the kill.

if this is the case you don't need to kill him once more, just wait a bit for the bounty claim message.

as far as i remember this was also the case on ps3 sometimes.

Yep, early on it's not a big deal, you just think screw it, i'll skip today and restart....but when you have a decent streak going, it really really galls you to let it go, it becomes about more than just the money.

if you are on pc you can refresh the do's if you don't like them (not sure if you can do this also on ps4/xbone).

for this you need to disconnect immediately after looking into them to check them out.

if you see one which you don't like just disconnect real quick (by pulling internet cable or whatever) and reload online to get new objectives.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

if you are on pc you can refresh the do's if you don't like them (not sure if you can do this also on ps4/xbone).

for this you need to disconnect immediately after looking into them to check them out.

if you see one which you don't like just disconnect real quick (by pulling internet cable or whatever) and reload online to get new objectives.

Yes this works on PS4 you can disconnect immedately and get a new set of daily duties without it resetting the progress but you have to be

very quick and not do anything else after you get the notification.

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:29 PM

Yes this works on PS4 you can disconnect immedately and get a new set of daily duties without it resetting the progress but you have to be

any word about this working on XB1?? that would be great, i hate getting match's that nobody will play, not too fond of going off radar and killing players.....but i will check out the map and find someone who is being a nuisance to others usually and take them out.

Love ones like ride at the fairground, skydive, jump of mount chiliad steal or blow up x number of cars

kringled
  • kringled

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:23 AM

So here are my final statistics:https://docs.google....bUQg/edit#gid=0

This represents about a year and a half of daily objectives, with over 31 completions of the 28 day objective.

If you want a large data set (all on PC) about how common certain objectives are, here it is.

And with this...I'm retiring from daily objectives.  Too much time spent on matchmaking, not enough new content in game.

Disconnecting can get you new objectives but you have some risk if you're not fast enough of resetting your streak.  If you haven't ever done the 28 and can track your progress that's when I would practice to get the timing right, especially early in the streak.

stagolee
  • stagolee

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 02 April 2017 - 12:02 PM

any word about this working on XB1?? that would be great, i hate getting match's that nobody will play, not too fond of going off radar and killing players.....but i will check out the map and find someone who is being a nuisance to others usually and take them out.

Love ones like ride at the fairground, skydive, jump of mount chiliad steal or blow up x number of cars

Yes this does work on the bone

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:44 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 02 April 2017 - 05:45 PM.

So here are my final statistics:https://docs.google....bUQg/edit#gid=0

This represents about a year and a half of daily objectives, with over 31 completions of the 28 day objective.

If you want a large data set (all on PC) about how common certain objectives are, here it is.

And with this...I'm retiring from daily objectives.  Too much time spent on matchmaking, not enough new content in game.

Disconnecting can get you new objectives but you have some risk if you're not fast enough of resetting your streak.  If you haven't ever done the 28 and can track your progress that's when I would practice to get the timing right, especially early in the streak.

Nice work! I'm also retiring from Daily Objectives (and to some extent, GTA Online itself). I can easily make more doing Import/Export than I can doing dailies, and I'm weary of the constant in-and-out of the cloud. I've lost too much time just sitting there waiting, or being forced to restart the game just to continue.

But truth is, I'm weary of GTA Online, and R*'s attitude of milking it for all its worth, while neglecting numerous bugs/balancing issues and a stagnant 3+-year-old map.

UnknownPlayers "Battlegrounds" is where I'm now spending my time; a good game--especially for early access.

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

i was gonna take a shot at restarting them last night, but one of the objectives was......kill 20 players

seriously R* like there aren't enough crazy war zone sessions already without having this as an objective?

• Claude4Catalina and DentureDynamite like this

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

i was gonna take a shot at restarting them last night, but one of the objectives was......kill 20 players

seriously R* like there aren't enough crazy war zone sessions already without having this as an objective?

I'm not much of a PvP guy, but I found the best way to complete Kill X Players is if there's an Adversary Mode on double XP and $, grind f*ck out of it until you reach the target for the DO.  Even if you're losing each round, you still get 8K per round at no cash deficit.

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

I'm not much of a PvP guy, but I found the best way to complete Kill X Players is if there's an Adversary Mode on double XP and $, grind f*ck out of it until you reach the target for the DO.  Even if you're losing each round, you still get 8K per round at no cash deficit.

Yep matches count but my comment was more about R* incentivizing mayhem.....because while you can get that kill count in matches, you just know plenty of people will want to do it in freeroam and the session will descend into an all out warzone

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:09 PM

Yep, Kill 20 Players is just...ugh!

I am really struggling with my connection for PVP action at the moment and so the moment this one comes up it's an instant turn off, getting killed more than I kill is

not my finest hour in game so I tend to not do this one unless it's a game of Deadline or Collection Time as then I have the upper hand for reasons which elude me...

snoogins5150
  • snoogins5150

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:34 AM

I finally completed my first month of dailies this past Monday/Tuesday.  I'm probably crazy, but I'm doing 5 different sets of dailies spread out over 3 different accounts.  I was about two weeks in  when I had to go out of town for about 5 days and found out after the fact that I wasn't going to have any internet access for the whole trip.  Was pretty discouraged because I was under the assumption that not logging in resets your progress back to zero.  The first day I got back I logged in, and didn't like the options that day, so I didn't bother doing any of the dailies, assuming that my progress had already been reset anyway.  After a day or so, I decided to buckle down and start over again, determined to get just one monthly bonus for each of my 5 characters.

Once I got to the 3rd weekly bonus for 3 of my characters, I decided it would be worth it to log them down, just so I didn't miss any by mistake.  When April 3rd came around, my first character that should have gotten the monthly bonus didn't get it, or even a weekly bonus that she should have.  Then on the 4th, my 2nd and 3rd characters were due to get theirs, but only one of them did.  I was pretty livid about this given all the aggravation getting many of these objectives can take.  I put in a ticket on the support page explaining that I definitely completed every day of objectives for my characters and only one of three got the monthly bonus.  After getting an unsatisfactory reply about this, I sent a follow-up e-mail detailing the situation and got a reply that it would be rectified and my character would receive the appropriate monthly bonus.  I double-checked and found that only one of the two characters had their account credited for the bonus, so I've sent a follow-up asking that the other character get what was earned as well.  

Anyhow, I'm posting this because I did read somewhere that not being able to log in at all doesn't necessarily reset your progress towards the monthly objective.    Had I known that before, I might have earned my monthly objectives a couple weeks ago already.  Obviously, logging in and then choosing not to do the set of dailies should reset the progress, but life happens and you can't always make it online.  

I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.  As it happens, I'm set to get the monthly objective on my 4th and 5th characters (as I'll describe them) this upcoming Tuesday, but now I know I'll be leaving town for about a week this Sunday, and it's very likely that I won't have any access to Online during that time.  Is it confirmed that my progress would be preserved for that week, and that if I complete the remaining couple of days once I first log back on, I would still get the monthly bonus, albeit a week behind my original schedule.

What I read earlier on this forum was a bit confusing as to whether you can only preserve the progress for one character out of two on an account, and since it was almost a two-year old conversation, I was looking for an understanding on how things currently work.  I'd be really disappointed to come up two days short of getting two monthly bonuses, and whatever I can do to avoid that, I'd like to make the effort to do so.  Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks all!

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:29 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 08 April 2017 - 03:32 PM.

My understanding is that it can differ both for different people and on different platforms; theoretically, you shouldn't lose any progress if you don't log in at all--but I personally haven't found that to be consistently true.

Bottom line is that the best way to ensure you get all your rewards is to log in and complete them every day. But IMO, the payback for Daily Objectives is simply nowhere near the lost time and energy it takes to keep up with them. Plus, if you have a CEO office, etc., you can make substantially more GTA$ doing vehicle import/exports.

Time wasted in the cloud, matchmaking, etc. even with someone helping you isn't worth it in the end.

R* has unfortunately let a lot of things stagnate and atrophy to the point where the game simply isn't worth playing anymore. But, that's just my opinion...

kringled
  • kringled

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

My experience on PC has been that every time I have not logged in for a day, my objective progress has been reset. I think I've even had a progress reset when I did objectives both days but with like a 36 hour gap between logins (did objectives early in the morning one day, didnt log on at all until the next evening). I've heard enough stories to believe that this is not necessarily true across platforms, so no way to know without someone giving it a try.

xFluttershy
  • xFluttershy

Classic car enthusiast

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Since the recent Bounties being locked...has it been removed from the "pool" of possible DOs? I know the other day it prevented my friend of getting his $500k bonus with just 4 days left on it...

snoogins5150
  • snoogins5150

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:28 PM

Well, I logged back in about a week after my last completed DOs and completed the remaining 3 days for 28.  Sadly, I did not recieve the monthly bonuses for either character on the account.  I completed a request on the support page stating that I didn't receive them, prepared to have to argue that we shouldn't be penalized for not being able to log in.  

But I got a reply from Support stating that they were sorry for the trouble and they would credit my character the respective amounts of $GTA and RP.  The next time I logged in, I saw the messages reflecting those credits, but only for one of the two characters, so I sent a follow-up reminding them that both characters did 28 straight days.  The response was the same: an apology and assurance that the other character would receive the same credit.  I looked into the corresponding achievement in my stats, and I see I wasn't given credit for either character.  I guess it's a minor thing to haggle over, but I don't plan on doing another 28 days on four different characters to get it.  I think Rockstar's policy is not to bother fixing the DO problems, but to just payout the money if anyone complains.

I agree with Denture that the amount of time lost sitting in lobbies is a major reason that going for the weekly/monthly objectives is not really worth it.  After the first time I failed to get the achievement, I promised myself I was only going to finish off the last two sets for my lower level characters who started a week later. I started doing their dailies when they were around level 17, and now that they're both over level 40, I think there are much easier ways to make money faster while avoiding all the downtime spent trying to get into a job that no one really wants to play.  In fact, I took the monthly bonus money and used it to by warehouses for each character (since they're 50% off this week).

I'd be fine with doing DOs if I had a regular group to help me, and I'd help them in return.  But all the Rally races, Captures, Deathmatches, Versus, etc are just a real hassle to deal with, and I'm not a big fan of doing Bounties, or Off Radar Kills either.  

xFluttershy
  • xFluttershy

Classic car enthusiast

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

So, I just discovered today, that if you get a daily objective you don't like or is impossible to complete (like collect a bounty, currently) You can dashboard on console or Alt+F4 on PC, the game, and log back in to get a different set of bounties.

snoogins5150
  • snoogins5150

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:01 AM

So, I just discovered today, that if you get a daily objective you don't like or is impossible to complete (like collect a bounty, currently) You can dashboard on console or Alt+F4 on PC, the game, and log back in to get a different set of bounties.

Yeah, you can do something similar on console, by closing the app before it has a chance to save.  As long as it hasn't updated to the server, you can get a reset of the DOs.  The problem of doing multiple characters on one account is that you'll get stuck with whatever objectives your other character was assigned whenever the session saved.

Usually when you get a really easy set on the first character, you wind up having to do a bounty or something lame on the other guy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users