Daily Objectives: tips and tricks

681 replies to this topic
MPM
  • MPM

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:27 PM

I'm not fan of things that force me do something every day. I played some games where you has to do things every day to stay on top and that's bs. Finished daily objective once and it's not worth it.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

you are right about the forced thing.

but it actually is worth it for the money:

- each time you get 25k $,

- plus 100k $ after 7 days in a row,

- plus 500k $ after 28 days in a row.

that's all together 28 x 25k + 4 x 100k + 500k = 1.6 million $

most of the times you are able to complete the list within about 15 mins.

for some objectives you need a friend for easier completion.

• Pinkarella likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

Thanks size_m--tips added!

RR10
  • RR10

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

I found an easier way for "Destroy xx vehicles" objective.

1. Start GTA Race alone

2. Set Traffic "On"

3. Set Wanted Level "Off"

4. When the race starts, pick up rocket and have some fun destroying NPC vehicles.

This method also counts if you want to boost a platinum award for destroying a total of 500 vehicles.

• livejoker, StangOne50 and Pinkarella like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

Excellent idea RR10--added!

nik_west
  • nik_west

Skyliner

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

you are right about the forced thing.

but it actually is worth it for the money:

- each time you get 25k $,

- plus 100k $ after 7 days in a row,

- plus 500k $ after 28 days in a row.

that's all together 28 x 25k + 4 x 100k + 500k = 1.6 million $

most of the times you are able to complete the list within about 15 mins.

for some objectives you need a friend for easier completion.

It's actually not "plus", it's "instead of"! Instead of $25k you'll get $100k after a week, and the same after 4 weeks.

So altogether it's: 24 x $25k + 3 x $100k + $500k = $1.4 million

But still, that's good and easy money!

• livejoker and StangOne50 like this

RR10
  • RR10

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:57 AM

For "Go To The Movies" objective, you don't have to watch it. As soon as it started, I quitted and it still counted.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:29 AM Edited by size_m, 20 May 2015 - 08:33 AM.

this seems to be valid for all activities (dms, races etc.)...

just start it and then leave as soon as it has started.

edit: to correct myself, it might not be valid for all activities.

i.e. in flight school one lesson has to be completed, i think.

maybe parachuting as well?

• DentureDynamite likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:33 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 20 May 2015 - 02:38 PM.

^^ Yes--I can confirm that on the Flight School lesson. Darts are another one that need to be fully completed, as is "Parachute dangerously"--anything less than its full requirements will fail (died several times learning that lesson lol).

There are others too, so there's a good bit of inconsistency in objectives right now...

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:39 PM

Any sports related activity has to be completed in full without quitting out.

Arm Wrestling, Tennis, Golf, Shooting Range.

My tip is a quick way to complete tennis I have found is for the player serving to serve the other

player does not return, repeat untill the six sets are completed, should take no more than about

15 mins to 20 mins tops rather than playing through a game properly..

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:44 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 20 May 2015 - 05:03 PM.

Hmm, a random I was playing Tennis with left before completing the match, and the objective was complete--so I'm not what (if any?) the cut-off point was/is. Also, for Golf, only one hole is needed to complete the objective--but that setting needs to be made before the game starts.

I wish R* would be more up-front on Objective requirements and clarify them (goes for a lot of things in-game, actually) rather than leaving us as the veritable "hamsters in the maze".

Pentalarc
  • Pentalarc

Stoner Witch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:13 PM

The minimum for tennis is one set, not six.  Also, I'm pretty sure that in order to register as complete, you have to do the shooting range against another player, not solo.  Not sure if it is a bug or not, but I have never gotten it to register if I play the shooting range solo, but always registers if I play against an opponent.

I was hoping to be able to find people from here to help complete the objectives, but since I'm on 360, there never seems to be any crew members around.

Did manage to get a rally race done last night, though it took two tries and a lot of waiting, as the first time, the passenger did *nothing* the entire time, I had to wait for it to time out, and it did not register as complete.  (I'm guessing since not a single checkpoint was passed due to the Silent Troll in the passenger seat being useless.)  Managed to get it the second time, though, with someone else.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:31 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 20 May 2015 - 08:04 PM.

^^ Thanks! Corrections made.

One quick note--I've been able to complete the Shooting Range solo; you just have to keep shooting at whatever it gives you (literally) until it gives you the large "Finished" banner across your screen.

Re: Rally Race - as long as you have a warm body in the car with you, just pick the "Criminal Records" race, set it to "Rally", and stay as close to the middle of the track as much as possible. Because it's 100% circular, you won't miss any markers, and you'll complete the objective quickly...without anything needed from your randumb passenger. :)

Something I wish R* would implement to help with objectives is an addition to Quick Jobs--the ability to define which type of Deathmatch (Normal, Team...), Race (Rally, GTA...) or Capture (Contend, Raid...) etc. you want to join. That way you could take advantage of someone's existing efforts to start that type of job, rather than creating another one yourself. Right now you have no control of what type you're looking for in the quick jobs.

• Andreas and Pinkarella like this

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

but that correction is wrong.

minimum is one game of tennis which consists of 6 sets.

i do always the shooting range solo for my daily objectives.

Pentalarc
  • Pentalarc

Stoner Witch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

but that correction is wrong.

minimum is one game of tennis which consists of 6 sets.

i do always the shooting range solo for my daily objectives.

It's definitely a bug or a version difference, then.  I've always been able to get the objective in tennis by completing a single set. 

The shooting range might be quicker.  Against an opponent, I can get the objective in a single round.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

The downtown underground race worked for the stunt jump one on PS3.

Update: this didn't work for me recently (now on the PC) when I had to complete a stunt jump. I had to find a new one I hadn't yet completed (which, thankfully, I still have more than half the 50 left).

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 08:53 AM Edited by Bolatsi, 29 May 2015 - 08:57 AM.

Wonderful Daily objectives for today:

Rally

Impromptu Race

Fall for 325 feet and survive

If the last one would have been one on one dm, then it would have been a total jackpot... :D It's good to have friends on a day like this.

...yesterday I played a full tennis match with a random, woohoo!

...and I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I haven't played for 22 days in a row, although I have 22/28 on my 2nd character at the moment. I just switch to my 1st character if I know I won't play for 24 hours. The objectives reset at 7 o'clock GMT, at least on my account. The reset only happens for the active character, so which character I have last played when the clock is 7 at GMT gets the daily objectives.

AceThaCreator
  • AceThaCreator

All Things DOPE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:02 AM Edited by BlackAce23, 29 May 2015 - 09:04 AM.

I hate it when when the game insist on giving you the ones that you dislike to do so many times like tennis(randoms ALWAYS rage quit), capture(boooring), or kill a revealed player, especially this one because 90% of the time i try to join a deathmatch, i get kicked by sexiest douches who also rank discriminate(female chars ranked 471).

I wish it would just mix it up a bit more and give you ones you enjoy more. I got 3 more objectives until i get the overachiever award (27/28), ill finish em up later today.

I might do the overachiever award with my male too & man this award/objectives would be so difficult to complete without having good friends to play with.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

I hate it when when the game insist on giving you the ones that you dislike to do so many times like tennis(randoms ALWAYS rage quit), capture(boooring), or kill a revealed player, especially this one because 90% of the time i try to join a deathmatch, i get kicked by sexiest douches who also rank discriminate(female chars ranked 471).

I wish it would just mix it up a bit more and give you ones you enjoy more. I got 3 more objectives until i get the overachiever award (27/28), ill finish em up later today.

I might do the overachiever award with my male too & man this award/objectives would be so difficult to complete without having good friends to play with.

Yes I agree, I saw your invite for tennis last night but I had just completed my third game of tennis last night and I didn't feel

in the mood for a fourth game!

As of today I have just completed my third character on the 28 day objectives so I have my main profiles two characters completed

the award and one character on my other account on Day 12.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

for completing tennis with randoms i would suggest just to let the random win every set/ball/whatever.

just don't return the ball.

this way it is way quicker to finish it and the randoms don't rage quit and are happy!

have been one on one dm, then it would have been a total jackpot... :D It's good to have friends on a day like this.

...yesterday I played a full tennis match with a random, woohoo!

...and I don't know if it has been mentioned, but I haven't played for 22 days in a row, although I have 22/28 on my 2nd character at the moment. I just switch to my 1st character if I know I won't play for 24 hours. The objectives reset at 7 o'clock GMT, at least on my account. The reset only happens for the active character, so which character I have last played when the clock is 7 at GMT gets the daily objectives.

good to know when i have to go somewhere else for a weekend or so.

i noticed that the list gets stuck for the "inactive" character as you said.

but i wasn't sure if it would just be stuck while you logged in with the other character each day or also if you don't log in with any character for one or more days.

just to make it clear, haven't you played at all with none of your characters for those 22 days or have you played each day with the other character?

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:20 AM Edited by Bolatsi, 29 May 2015 - 10:25 AM.

for completing tennis with randoms i would suggest just to let the random win every set/ball/whatever.

just don't return the ball.

this way it is way quicker to finish it and the randoms don't rage quit and are happy!

I did this a few days ago, and my opponent quit at 5-0. Surely he had no idea about the rules of Tennis.. *facepalm*

just to make it clear, haven't you played at all with none of your characters for those 22 days or have you played each day with the other character?

I haven't played at all for those days. For example my stats were 14/28 and I had to go away from my console for a weekend. I just switched to my other character and that character got the daily objectives, not the one I was going for. Then when I got back, I switched back to the one who had 14/28 and when it was 7 am GMT, I got new daily objectives, and when I completed them, the stat was 15/28.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:05 AM Edited by size_m, 29 May 2015 - 11:08 AM.

wow, that's a sensational find!

i already had this idea that it could work like this when understanding the char-switching thing with the stuck list but didn't dare to try it out yet if it really works with some days of total absence from the game also.

thanks for that great find!

that means that you don't have to worry to loose the progress while being absent a couple of days (i.e. for travel or vacation).

you just have to switch to your other character before you leave (but that must be the first log in on that day).

the absence resets only the progress for the last active (last first login on that day to refresh the list for him).

that cannot be intended by r...star.

by the way, in your previous post you said your progress was "22/28" and now you say "15/28".

which one is right then?

• Pinkarella likes this

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:11 AM Edited by Bolatsi, 29 May 2015 - 11:18 AM.

My example happened when I was at 14/28, now I'm at 23/28, since I got mine done for today.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:16 AM

oh ok.

just one more question which is important for how it works in detail:

when you came back, did you switch first to your main char (the one with the saved progress) and logged in with him?

or did you first log in with the other one (the last active char)?

(i think i got you right but i want to be really sure before i try that.)

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

The only thing that matters is which character you have active at 7am GMT (at least I get the objectives at that time). If you have your first character active, it will get the objectives, if you have your second character, then it/he/she will get the objectives. If you fail to do the objectives in 24 hours the stat resets. If you don't get objectives (character is inactive at 7am GMT), you won't reset.

You can also do objectives for both characters, if you switch them every day for example. I had this going on for a while, when both of my characters were something like 7/28. Then I started to wonder how the system works, and figured it out eventually.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:37 AM Edited by size_m, 29 May 2015 - 11:41 AM.

yes i know that because i did the same.

you don't have to be logged in right at that time (for me it's 8 o' clock), but also after that time but with the one char you wanna refresh it for logged in first.

that's why i explained it by "first log in that day", what basically means right at that reset/refresh time or after that time on that same day.

my question was, when you came back online to progress with the daily objectives did you first log in that day with your last active char (for whom it was reset) and then switched characters and logged in with the "right" character the day after that?

or did you switch the chars right away when you came back and logged in first with the "right" char (who was the last inactive char)?

sorry for all those questions and the kind of complicated explanation.

after this i will finally shut up about this.   :)

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:01 PM

Just to throw a spanner in the works you can actually do daily objectives for both your characters

if you login from about 7am in the morning as I've been doing mine with both characters daily.

Login just after 7 with Slot 1 character, get daily objectives either complete or if you need a friend

do swap character to Slot 2 and the game updates them with new daily objectives as well and you

can get 2 lots of 250k or 1k/5k dependant how many days you've done.

It's proven a handy source of income...

• size_m likes this

Bolatsi
  • Bolatsi

FF2-Runkkari

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 May 2015 - 12:28 PM Edited by Bolatsi, 29 May 2015 - 12:29 PM.

size_m

It doesn't matter how you log in. Let's say it's friday 10 o'clock in GMT and you log in for the first time in 12 hours. The daily objectives have updated to the character you had active at 7 o'clock. Now you can change your character and again the next day at 7 o'clock you get new ones. 

I didn't get you tails, you mean you can complete daily objectives for two characters per day? That doesn't fit my theory, and I'm very convinced about it.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

size_m

It doesn't matter how you log in. Let's say it's friday 10 o'clock in GMT and you log in for the first time in 12 hours. The daily objectives have updated to the character you had active at 7 o'clock. Now you can change your character and again the next day at 7 o'clock you get new ones. 

I didn't get you tails, you mean you can complete daily objectives for two characters per day? That doesn't fit my theory, and I'm very convinced about it.

Yes I mean exactly that. I wasn't able to log in today between 7 am and 8am (UK time) but I will try to record this tomorrow on my PS4

and post a video but I have been able to do two lots of daily objectives per day.

It only works if you log in the first hour after the daily objectives update.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:39 PM Edited by size_m, 31 May 2015 - 07:40 PM.

size_m

unfortunately it does matter as i had to experience the "hard way".

i tested this method this weekend.

the progress gets reset for that character who you log in with when coming back.

the progress is still valid (the list is still stuck) for the other inactive character.

the method works but it's very important when you come back after the absence time that you log in with the character who you logged in the last time before you left.

after that you can switch to the other char and refresh the list (with saved progress) the next day.

unfortunately i logged in with my main char and lost all of my precious progress (23/28).   :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users