Social Gaming
28,764 replies to this topic
psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by psymin, A week ago.

giphy.gif

new page video
  • B-Turb0, Rafae, Local Crazy Man and 3 others like this

Toridactyl
  • Toridactyl

Your sometimes friendly neighborhood Pterodactyl

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I am so done with you Gfen.
  • Rafae likes this

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• United-States

Posted A week ago

So holy hell it's been awhile. My discord thing is crap. I don't get notified and I am so far lost with it, I kinda don't care to use it. Is that all people have been using?

How is everyone? Psy my love for you hasn't died just so you know 😛.

What's been going on? How have we not hit 1000 pages yet?!?! I think I need to hop back on for just this occasion lol
  • FrikkenZz, psymin, Local Crazy Man and 2 others like this

Toridactyl
  • Toridactyl

Your sometimes friendly neighborhood Pterodactyl

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Welcome back B-Turbo! We have all missed you bunches.

Most use the discord but not all so feel free to bring some action back to the forums, buddy!

I hope all has been well for you.
  • FrikkenZz likes this

FrikkenZz
  • FrikkenZz

Deputy City Manager - PBMO

• Norway
  • Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted A week ago

So holy hell it's been awhile. My discord thing is crap. I don't get notified and I am so far lost with it, I kinda don't care to use it. Is that all people have been using?
How is everyone? Psy my love for you hasn't died just so you know .
What's been going on? How have we not hit 1000 pages yet?!?! I think I need to hop back on for just this occasion lol

Hey B-turbo! :) We mostly use discord yeah, but I for one is trying to get back to my glory days of being active on the forum too. Have gotten fast internet now at home, so it should be easier to be on the forum.

But if you only talk here, we might be better at posting and not just reading. I should maybe say something about the whole last page, but all i can think of is .

I did get my oppressor up on top of Maze Tower the other day:
ey5vtZl.jpg
  • B-Turb0, CrayCray and Quadro like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

Director of Community Development - PBMO

• Australia
  • Best Content Creator Job 2016 [Car Foosball - Paleto Bay]

Posted A week ago

Bro that's how you want Discord setup - so that you don't receive any notifications as that would break your phone! I only pop in when I have time.

Its pretty much the main point of contact for the crew these days. Less resource hungry than KIK and more customizable to our liking.

Come to the dark side Turb0.

Hope your travelling well mate. Miss ya!

• FrikkenZz and B-Turb0 like this

FrikkenZz
  • FrikkenZz

• Norway
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Im having trouble with getting any notifications from gtaf, used to get them in my email, but they stopped. That was what made it easy to be active here. Without them I forget to check in unless someone post a link on discord or something.

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

Everyone's favorite Uncle, but not Grandpa.

• United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by Uncle Sikee Atric, A week ago.

This didn't take long to achieve....

page+44+1+and+2+with+label.JPG

God almighty!  The state of the Online sub-section and the way it's all flared up over the OpenIV C&D notices....  Why the hell do some (not all, not talking about you guys) console users seem to think all modders are evil?  It's driving me mad!

It's a complete mess in there and trying to make yourself heard is just impossible.  I'm really thinking of not going back in there for ma few days at least, I need to breathe....

• FrikkenZz, Audi and Quadro like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

• Australia

Posted A week ago

Anyone who thinks modding is evil is a gta online only player, who probably never played another GTA and has never spent hundreds of hours putting different textures and map add ons into the game. I was like 12 when I spent lots of my time on GTA3, downloading map addons that took a week and messing with the vehicle editor to turn the reverse into a minus figure, making it like a NOS button. It was just so much fun.

Fast forward to today - modding has more of a reputation for ruining game experiences and 'cheaters' with loads of money. They haven't experienced the side of modding that people who have player for years have had the opportunity to enjoy. Unfortunately with openIV, rockstar are ditching their word about letting people mod in SP due to the notoriety of online, lumping it on the wrong side of the fence.

Take two gotz to get their cash cards mang.
  • FrikkenZz, CrayCray, Uncle Sikee Atric and 2 others like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Anyone who thinks modding is evil is a gta online only player, who probably never played another GTA and has never spent hundreds of hours putting different textures and map add ons into the game. I was like 12 when I spent lots of my time on GTA3, downloading map addons that took a week and messing with the vehicle editor to turn the reverse into a minus figure, making it like a NOS button. It was just so much fun.

Fast forward to today - modding has more of a reputation for ruining game experiences and 'cheaters' with loads of money. They haven't experienced the side of modding that people who have player for years have had the opportunity to enjoy. Unfortunately with openIV, rockstar are ditching their word about letting people mod in SP due to the notoriety of online, lumping it on the wrong side of the fence.

Take two gotz to get their cash cards mang.

The only disagreement I have with your quote is : R* are actually upset with T2 for issuing the C&D.  They think they've gone too far as well by halting OpenIV, they've issued statements making that point too.

To illustrate it in a cartoon, made by the gta5-mods community :

t9qmf56.jpg

If T2 continue to be as heavy handed, R* might look elsewhere for publishers, just a thought....

• FrikkenZz, LeakyLine and Quadro like this

PatG
  • PatG

O Shizl Gzngahr

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago Edited by PatG, A week ago.

For most cases, I think it's people just hastily generalizing modders due to like 1 or 2 encounters with someone taking the piss and ruining their online experience. Wouldn't necessarily say that anyone who sees modding in a bad light is an online only player because there's definitely a number of modders that go in and spice things up - in a good way. I've had my fair share of modding GTA, but only on PS3 and have run into both really friendly and really hostile modders.

Since this is the subject, thought I'd share a really nice video from the guys over at the GTA Series Videos channel.

• FrikkenZz and Quadro like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Maxxi, A week ago.

See I am glad to be on X1 because no one talks sh*t on X1

Spoiler
  • FrikkenZz, LeakyLine, Alex Francisco and 2 others like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Spoiler

Are you getting Forza Motorsport 7 Maxxi?  We can cross-platform that, so we can organize some XBox / PC meets and a few other things.

I also know things like Pit People are getting full cross-platform in the MP areas, so some teamplay tactical thinking and fights can also be on the cards.

Basically, if the controller is the issue (like limited auto-aiming on an FPS) only then will cross platform not be a thing.

• Maxxi and Quadro like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

• Australia

Posted A week ago

Didn't realise it was take two's orders. Seems a bit of a step over the line for a publisher.

I think it's just most online players have only dealt with modders ruining their day. I totally agree that mods online turn into some of the best times online - especially if the Modder knows what he is doing and has a good imagination.
  • FrikkenZz and Uncle Sikee Atric like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

Are you getting Forza Motorsport 7 Maxxi?  We can cross-platform that, so we can organize some XBox / PC meets and a few other things.

I also know things like Pit People are getting full cross-platform in the MP areas, so some teamplay tactical thinking and fights can also be on the cards.

Basically, if the controller is the issue (like limited auto-aiming on an FPS) only then will cross platform not be a thing.
That I am, friendo! I have already preordered it, and am saving for an X1X. Also once I get my missing paycheck I will be looking for a PS4, and GTAV/Destiny as well.
  • FrikkenZz, Uncle Sikee Atric and Quadro like this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

That I am, friendo! I have already preordered it, and am saving for an X1X. Also once I get my missing paycheck I will be looking for a PS4, and GTAV/Destiny as well.

I'll pick it up as we get nearer to launch then Maxxi. If we start going on it, guys like Lj should join in as well. He's been a bit hesistant and is waiting on other forum members pre-ordering / buying, before committing.

PS : Pass us your XBox Live account and I'll add it to mine Maxxi.
  • FrikkenZz and Maxxi like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted A week ago

I'll pick it up as we get nearer to launch then Maxxi. If we start going on it, guys like Lj should join in as well. He's been a bit hesistant and is waiting on other forum members pre-ordering / buying, before committing.

PS : Pass us your XBox Live account and I'll add it to mine Maxxi.
PM sent :)
  • Uncle Sikee Atric likes this

bryce_bubbles
  • bryce_bubbles

Rat

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted A week ago

Apparently Tori and I sound alike.. but I'm Welsh and she be a yank. :p

You're quiet and sorta Midlands-ish in the accent, Welshie. She's brash and f*cking full on redneck. How teh f*ck anyone could get you guys confused is beyond me.

Seriously, who said this? I want to mock the sh*t out of them unless you mean when you leave your microphone on and walk away and just mumble at people in the background coz with nearly 25 jackholes shouting and bitching about stealing supplies it's a little hard to tell who's who so I don't wanna hear it, got it sister?

Because one second its, "Y'all, Imma gonna go eat this cow I raised up if'n now I slaughtered 'er and gonna eat some porter housed pets" and then the next moment there's sounds of people mumbling and carrying on a conversation and I'm f*cking deaf as it is from a lifetime of misuse so it's naturla to assume she was you.

OK?

OK.

Apparently Tori and I sound alike.. but I'm Welsh and she be a yank. :p

I was getting called British last night...

At least they didn't brand you a Kiwi.

..eh, who the f*ck are we kidding they probably don't even know where New Zealand is. Evidently, it's a bit of a world wide problem: https://www.reddit.c.../MapsWithoutNZ/
What's wrong with Kiwis! 😠
  • FrikkenZz likes this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

My boner.

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted A week ago

Nothing, you guys sound so polite compared to the rowdy convicts calling everyone a c*nt all the time.

• FrikkenZz and Toridactyl like this

doubleg213
  • doubleg213

Ich Bin Ein Auslander

• Van Society
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Certified Crew 2016 [Van Society]
    Best Event 2016 [Van Society Time Trials 2016]
    Best Event 2015 [Van Society Meetups]

Posted A week ago Edited by doubleg213, A week ago.

God almighty!  The state of the Online sub-section and the way it's all flared up over the OpenIV C&D notices....  Why the hell do some (not all, not talking about you guys) console users seem to think all modders are evil?  It's driving me mad!

It's a complete mess in there and trying to make yourself heard is just impossible.  I'm really thinking of not going back in there for ma few days at least, I need to breathe....

The online section:

Poster 1: I don't like this I wish R* would change it

Poster 2: You aren't playing the game right R* think this The way I play the game is the right way.

Poster 1: No the way I play the game is the right way.

With the occasional interruption from the evangelists who think doing anything even remotely outside of R* parameters (glitches, not liking the concept of delivering things in a Cuban in a lobby full of psychos in jets, modded colours or whatever) who think everyone is doing it wrong. 

Then repeated ad infinitum until everyone gets bored or a mod steps in. 

• FrikkenZz and psymin like this

Quadro
  • Quadro

• Australia

Posted A week ago

Nothing, you guys sound so polite compared to the rowdy convicts calling everyone a c*nt all the time.

You mad c*nts love it.
  • FrikkenZz, psymin and Toridactyl like this

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by B-Turb0, A week ago.

Bro that's how you want Discord setup - so that you don't receive any notifications as that would break your phone! I only pop in when I have time.
Its pretty much the main point of contact for the crew these days. Less resource hungry than KIK and more customizable to our liking.
Come to the dark side Turb0.
Hope your travelling well mate. Miss ya!

Lol I can't follow it. The chat goes by so fast and SO MUCH that it makes it too time consuming to go back and try to catch up.

I will follow here more then anything. I saw the gunslinger thing and thought I would try to get back on. I'm still too annoyed at how much time it takes to make so little money. When the game first came out it the in-game purchases weren't so hard to get. Money came pretty easy but not too easy, and the prices of things weren't so bad.

Now everything cost multiple millions to have but take too long to make the cash.

What has everyone been doing to make money?

P.S.

I miss everyone. Hope all is well. If anyone wants to see what I've been up to then you can join a group I started with some friends for us non-GTR owners on Facebook. I've been pretty busy with Skyline things and work mostly.

https://www.facebook...tsiderSkylines/

Or follow along on Instagram:

@bturbo_

@outsider_skylines
  • FrikkenZz, psymin and Audi like this

GTAF Crew Events
  • GTAF Crew Events

Home Team

• GTAF Crew
  • Burkina-Faso

Posted A week ago Edited by GTAF Crew Events, A week ago.

You mad c*nts love it.

Seppo, mate. If I only know one word it's the derogatory one for Americans.

And "mate," but I feel like such a twat whenever I try and use it because it's clearly forced.

edit: crap. i'm signed in with this one and i don't remember my other password.

• FrikkenZz likes this

FrikkenZz
  • FrikkenZz

• Norway
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

edit: crap. i'm signed in with this one and i don't remember my other password.

Lol. Getting old are we?

You can just mute the general chat and just chat with us in the staff chat. Unless you check in once a week it shouldnt go too fast. ☺

Well you know how I made my millions. But doing biker/ceo work and sales etc does help. But you have to play it regularly to make enough. Thats how its always been. I remember trying to earn on ps3 to get the hydra and a super and a tank and all that. I didnt get all that before I got to ps4. (Thanks mate!) :)

I dont have instagram or else I would have followed. ☺
  • B-Turb0 and R3CON like this

Audi
  • Audi

Watch Out Lil Hoe

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Yeah I believe the majority of the Online people don't understand the difference between sp modding (which was done via openiv) and script kiddies (who use other programs that are still up and running). This C&D order agaunst openiv will do nothing to stop modders in online sessions. Plus this doesn't just kill GTAV mods but also GTAIV and the other HD era titles. IV has(d) a thriving modding community.

None the less this, the let down of the gun running dlc (more reskinned ceo work and breaking freeroam pvp EVEN more lol no thanks) and the insane hyper inflation of the GTAO economy has put me off the game for good.

Hopefully T2 gets it's head out of it's ass or at least R* can free themselves from them (not likely). GTA was my favorite franchise of all time and T2 f*cked it all up.
  • FrikkenZz and R3CON like this

FrikkenZz
  • FrikkenZz

• Norway
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Kids will be kids.

Sorry to hear about you not playing gta anymore Audi. But I do get where you are coming from. I dread playing RDR2 if it is worse than this. At least a few years in. Up until that im going to enjoy the world even if I cant buy everything. ☺
  • Audi likes this

Uncle Sikee Atric
  • Uncle Sikee Atric

• United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Even if it does come out on PC, I feel I will be boycotting RDR2, along with a significant section of the entire PC community.

• Audi likes this

XXI
  • XXI

pretty n nasty

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by XXI, A week ago.

@gfen I don't always burp down the mic but when I it's a f*ckin' goodun'.
  • FrikkenZz, bloatedsack and Toridactyl like this

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Tuuuuurrbbbbooooo!

nice rides man. I'm glad you're still kickin! :) your car is looking fly homie! I miss your musk...

...et...

killing me from a mile away lol.

I'm still surviving off my well earned nest-egg in gta but I def feel the pain of people getting back into the grind.

I am not and never have been a supporter of micro transactions, and I'll probably buy rdr2 and glitch the f*ck out of it at launch so I'm set for the wild west - f*ck the Corp vampires.
  • FrikkenZz, B-Turb0 and Audi like this

FrikkenZz
  • FrikkenZz

• Norway
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Thats my hopes too. Either the things that is available to buy isnt worth grinding for, or there is lots of 1337 hacks (glitching) one can do to make it more enjoyable.
  • B-Turb0 and psymin like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users