Official Xbox One Topic

10,418 replies to this topic
ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is Forza online anything other than a f*ckfest of crashing? I tried FM4 briefly and everyone crashed into one another. I'll never play online again (unless it's with people I know).

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 3 weeks ago

Star Wars Battlefront at $6 is tempting......

And it's the Ultimate Edition. The Death Star and Scariff DLCs are worth the price.

Excellent. I just bought this in the nick of time for 6. Glad to hear The Death Star and Scariff DLC's make it worth the price alone. I heard the vanilla game was a bit lacking in content so this is probably best bargain for the year for me. Huge plus that I wanted to play this game for a while now. GWG

Great to hear Forza 5 is happening for GWG this September. I have it all ready but I wanted to install it again to try online. I'm sure with it being free, we might see more people online.

Battlefront was a bit weak in the first few months, but they added some free maps, started balancing things out, and it got better. Not great, but still enjoyable. The first couple DLCs were okay, but the Battle Station and Infiltration game modes in the latter two DLCs really showed the potential of the game. It's just so Star Wars-y, too.
  • Mister Pink and Tech-Noir like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Was looking through the deals, saw that Evolve had some nice deals. Then I clicked on Ultimate edition and noticed I owned it LOL never knew I did. Was it free for gold at one point? It never was in my list of Ready to Download.

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah, it was a GWG earlier this year. For some reason it doesn't show up in my "ready to install" list.
  • GTA3Rockstar likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 3 weeks ago.

Battlefront was a bit weak in the first few months, but they added some free maps, started balancing things out, and it got better. Not great, but still enjoyable. The first couple DLCs were okay, but the Battle Station and Infiltration game modes in the latter two DLCs really showed the potential of the game. It's just so Star Wars-y, too.

Played it for about 3-4hrs now and I love it. I know it may not last long but it's great for the moment. It's one of those games I can jump right in to and play as little as  30mins or an hour to kill some time and have fun. I'm glad I bought it, well worth the money. 

Had lots of fun playing The Death Star and also got all the stars for training so far. Finding it hard to find some of those collectibles in missions though. The Hero mode is pretty cool too.

• Tech-Noir likes this

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Forza 5 is my first Forza game (games with gold because I'm a cheap arse). Multiplayer servers unavailable. Typical -_-

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

That's really odd. Motorsport 4 still has functional multiplayer although that could be because it's the oldest 360 Forza game.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I wish MS would stick to a Dashboard design. I liked the UI a lot better when pressing the home button took you to the home screen!
  • darthYENIK and trip like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

Are the Forza 5 servers back up? I was playing for a couple of days  a few days ago. They went down around the time of the above posts so I was playing single player. I noticed that the Drivtar started working again. Anyone have any problems with it still? 

Also I picked up Mafia III Deluxe with DLC for €26. Not bad. I also availed of Battlefront Deluxe or whatever the name is with the DLC for €6. I'm really happy with those purchases. I never finished Mafia III before I sold it (needed cash badly, lol) but now I can finish it and play the DLC. As I said in the Mafia topic, I love hard copies of games but some of the deals on Marketplace are so good I end up mostly buying digital downloads. 

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Inb4 people get upset by the progressive aspect of this ad. I honestly don't mind it. It's quite subtle (there's no explicit message in it) and I also liked that the E3 presentation featured female players. If this gets more girls into racing games then it's a win for the guys too. I wish I had a girlfriend that was into good racing games.
  • Mister Pink and Actlikeyouknow like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

You can get NFS, Unravael and PvZ2 for $16. Not bad.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted A week ago Edited by Mister Pink, A week ago.

Cool trailer. I look forward to Forza 7. And yeah the ad is super progressive. It doesn't bother me at all. I'm all for inclusion but sad reality is companies are doing this out of fear of backlash from some ethnic minority threatening to boycott the game or try attack their revenue some how. Again, I don't mind diversity so long as it's realistic. A driving game should be cool, it's a pretty universal thing enjoyed mostly by males, if I was to guess. Maybe some females in the game or promotion might encourage females to play but I really doubt it. If someone wanted to play a game badly enough they'll just do it. I know the progressives will argue that "if there was just more strong female leads" well, it's a characterless driving game, so we'll see. Nobody is under any obligation to encourage the opposite sex to a hobby just for the sake of it. I think men gravitate to what they like and so do women. The market then echoes our choices back to us. Anyway... totally would mind some more women on there.

Game looks slick. Not sure I'll have the money for a 1X. Might pick one up in January. 

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Have to agree on the trailer... That's diversity done right if you ask me, not shoving an agenda down our throats, just casually including minorities and not making a big fuss about it.

I don't see how female gamers playing racing games on stage will encourage women to play games like Forza 7. If you don't have an interest in cars or track racing, you're probably not going to pick the game up...  If more women want to play Forza, there's nothing stopping them, there never has been anything stopping them except themselves. Why are we suddenly obsessing over the need for a role model for everything? If you NEED someone else of the same gender to be somewhat prominent to go into something, you're going into whatever it is for the wrong reasons. Go into things because you want to, not because someone else with a vagina is standing up on stage doing that thing...

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by ΣΓ, A week ago.

It's not really about role models. I get the feeling that a lot of girls are disinterested in certain types of games because they are seen as games for men. It's also not about forcing women into anything. It's about presenting options. You can be a girl and like more things than what was presented to you in the past.

I was in a similar situation regarding certain types of movies such as romantic dramas. As a younger man, I considered those to be girl movies (i.e. "chick flicks") but I think I started watching them when I found out that some of my favorite actors (which were typically acting in action movies) did a few of those. I was pleasantly surprised when I watched a few and I changed my mind about it (which is good because having things in common with your partner can make your relationship with them more interesting). The mere fact that this category of movies was presented to me by actors that I liked changed my view about it. It's the same thing with games.

There are certain types of games that I tend to avoid because I don't really like them. For instance, I generally don't like fantasy stuff but I think I could enjoy some games like that if I had a reason to try them at some point.

JON22
  • JON22

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Read about that cancelled game Stormlands. It sounded great. Ah well. Here's looking forward to more cancelled games next year if this trend continues.

*shakes fist at Xbox One sitting on a table next to the superior 360 with the perfect dashboard that also has an A-Z for games and sorted by genre too*

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by TheMcSame, A week ago.

It's not really about role models. I get the feeling that a lot of girls are disinterested in certain types of games because they are seen as games for men. It's also not about forcing women into anything. It's about presenting options. You can be a girl and like more things than what was presented to you in the past.

I was in a similar situation regarding certain types of movies such as romantic dramas. As a younger man, I considered those to be girl movies (i.e. "chick flicks") but I think I started watching them when I found out that some of my favorite actors (which were typically acting in action movies) did a few of those. I was pleasantly surprised when I watched a few and I changed my mind about it (which is good because having things in common with your partner can make your relationship with them more interesting). The mere fact that this category of movies was presented to me by actors that I liked changed my view about it. It's the same thing with games.

There are certain types of games that I tend to avoid because I don't really like them. For instance, I generally don't like fantasy stuff but I think I could enjoy some games like that if I had a reason to try them at some point.

But none of this changes the fact that the only thing holding them back is themselves. The only thing that was holding you back from your chick flicks was... Yourself... If they're really off-put by it, why don't they just do it and not tell anyone? You know... Like Masturbation or sex... Most of us do it, and we don't [tend to] tell people about it, they're subjects that are a bit awkward to talk about, yet it's something most of us do/will do in our life. 

I mean... It's a literal case of making an issue out of nothing.

In fact, one could argue that throwing more women out into the video game PR world could have the opposite effect by bringing in guys who may not already play video games (or perhaps encourage them to play more types of games) to try and hook up with women.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted A week ago

Yeah I see both of your points.

I get that options are great but where do you draw the line? I think it's perfectly OK to have toys for boys and some times I think it's OK not to reach out to our lovely fairer sex. I really don't want to see videogame devs putting in token options or characters just to keep options open. Unless that's what they want to do. But when the target demographic changes for diversity, inclusiveness or options for others when it was fine the way it was, is when I would get browned off. 

Like The McSame said. It's really just them holding themselves back. I seen a filmmaker I follow on YouTube bring up a similar topic about not enough female directors/filmmakers. A lot of the people and a lot of women said that if they seen more female filmmakers they might look in to film as a career. I don't know, if people want to something they can do if they like. I don't think we need to coddle people in to it. Although there isn't many games if any that seem to target or at least seem to be profoundly more interesting to females.

I'm not saying we can't reach out and say yeah, we're a friendly bunch, come on over, have fun there's fun or everyone but then it goes back to the point of being recruiting or having some sort of affirmative action have more vaginas in games that happen to appeal males and males perpetuate the success of the business by handing their hard earned cash over. Women can do things like my gf likes to do and that's buy shoes. I'll give her that. She loves it. I'll never try be included in that. That's her jam. :)

We've gone way off topic! :p

Speaking of Forza. Horizon 2 and 3 on sale as a bundle. So tempted. It's for another day or so. 40 yoyos. I'll decide tomorrow. Didn't have either of them. Not mad pushed on 3 but I wanted 2. 

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Goddess Of Light

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

But none of this changes the fact that the only thing holding them back is themselves.

The only thing that was holding you back from your chick flicks was... Yourself...

If they're really off-put by it, why don't they just do it and not tell anyone? You know... Like Masturbation or sex... Most of us do it, and we don't [tend to] tell people about it, they're subjects that are a bit awkward to talk about, yet it's something most of us do/will do in our life. 

In fact, one could argue that throwing more women out into the video game PR world could have the opposite effect by bringing in guys who may not already play video games (or perhaps encourage them to play more types of games) to try and hook up with women.

When I look at these things in detail I tend to view them from a causal perspective. We don't actually have any real choice over the things we like. When you ask yourself why you like the types of things you like, it's a mystery really. You can't force yourself to like something that you don't like, that's for sure, but you can chose to open yourself up to new experiences. Or have someone else present them to you. That can't be a bad thing in the end.

The thing that was holding me back was my ill-conceived opinion about them. How do you realize that your opinion on something is faulty if you're not aware of it? Obviously by being exposed to new facts or opinions.

No, I think the general perception is that certain types of games are for men, which is a ridiculous notion. It's not that they secretly wish they were allowed to try this stuff. They simply don't devote any time to think about the things that are marketed to men because they can't really relate. The thing that's holding them back from trying these games has a lot to do with this artificial labeling of things.

That doesn't make sense and it wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. 

I think it's perfectly OK to have toys for boys and some times I think it's OK not to reach out to our lovely fairer sex.

I really don't want to see videogame devs putting in token options or characters just to keep options open. Unless that's what they want to do. But when the target demographic changes for diversity, inclusiveness or options for others when it was fine the way it was, is when I would get browned off. 

I'm not saying we can't reach out and say yeah, we're a friendly bunch, come on over, have fun there's fun or everyone but then it goes back to the point of being recruiting or having some sort of affirmative action have more vaginas in games that happen to appeal males and males perpetuate the success of the business by handing their hard earned cash over.

Women can do things like my gf likes to do and that's buy shoes. I'll give her that. She loves it. I'll never try be included in that. That's her jam. :)

Well, from a marketing perspective it makes sense but the labels are arbitrary.

A game like GTA would probably suffer from this (R* even said that they are not really thinking about including a female character, even though it would be great, unless the story made sense to them). For racing games it makes no difference. FH3 already gave you the option to play as a female driver and that's fine. It doesn't actually affect the game in a negative way.

But marketing towards female gamers is not the same as affirmative action. I agree that most forms of that are dumb and border on discrimination against men (Google was recently criticized for that) but promoting female players in various gaming events is not a bad thing in any shape or form. It either does something or it does nothing.

Agreed. I'm only talking about presenting options. An ideal relationship for me would be one where I had some things in common with my girlfriend as opposed to none. If presenting more choices for women in terms of entertainment means that they will have more things in common with men it can only be a win for us. It's funny how a lot of men complain that they don't understand women (and mostly because they like different things) but when someone's trying to get them to open up to new things all of a sudden everyone thinks that being different is better. Either stop complaining that women are different (and therefore tough to understand) or let content creators do their job and pander to the women a little bit.
  • Mister Pink likes this

TheMcSame
  • TheMcSame

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

but you can chose to open yourself up to new experiences. 

Thus proving my point... The only people stopping women playing video games are themselves. If you don't do something because "oh it's an X gender thing", you don't care enough about that thing. The women that actually care are already playing video games. The rest either have no interest, or they're part of the sheeple and only care about fitting in with the latest trends.

It's not as if video games have been hidden behind curtains all these years... After all, a lot of men play video games, and it's not as if all these men are single... These experiences have, and are presented to women. They're just not hooking into it as much as some people would like...

As for some other little bits...

"You can't force yourself to like something that you don't like," 

Acquired taste... Acquiring a taste is basically forcing yourself to like something through means of substantial exposure...

"How do you realize that your opinion on something is faulty if you're not aware of it? "

The same way you realise that you don't have any real reason for liking something, as per your own post; you question it.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted A week ago

@ΣΓ: I'm not going to write a detailed response as we're going super off topic and I think we agree on more things than not. I agree very much with what you said in the last paragraph about having more things in common to share with your other half. Would be nice to have more options with things like that. Also, I've been following that James Damore/Google case. Pretty interesting.

Spoiler

The Forza bundle I mentioned earlier was actually €64 for Forza Horizon 2 and 3. I wasn't prepared to pay that much especially since it's mostly 2 I want to play. I hate that Forza games don't depreciate much in value at all. Even in the second hand shops. I should really stop just spend the money and support Turn 10/MS because they are good games. I do plan on getting Forza 7 new. 

• ΣΓ likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition for $5 if you have gold. Just got it :^:

• darthYENIK likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

It's not a bad offer, and I was seriously thinking about getting it, but since SW Battlefront is available in EA Access it's kind of redundant to buy it. Especially that season pass is for free.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

It seems like it's going to be a regular thing, that it's $5. Every other week it's on sale. I'm even thinking about getting it, just so I can have a digital copy. Which I've really started coming around on. I'm still getting physical copies, but I'm also buying more digital stuff.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Saint's Row: The Third has finally been added to BC!
  • Tycek, Commander S, Awesom-0 and 2 others like this

JON22
  • JON22

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I'm still waiting for Earth Defence Force 2025 to be BC. Last I checked multiplayer it was dead. At least that game can do building destruction without some 'cloud' bullshizz.

Commander S
  • Commander S

Work hard, mustard big

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

:dontgetit:

:blink:

:panic:

this_is_not_a_drill_by_kingmancheng-d45k

...joking aside, I really hope Mafia II gets the BC treatment soon - just got it for cheap as part of the 2K anniversary sale (along with Mafia III), and I don't imagine it's getting a remaster any time soon, so... Some of the best 'bootleg' vehicle design in game history, too - R* really ought to take a similar approach, IMO...

• Awesom-0 likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I only just purchased SR3 a few weeks before I brought an X1, so I never experienced the game.
  • Awesom-0 likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Awesom-0, A week ago.

Finally! This gives me hope for Saints Row 2 being added soon, and maybe the first one too. :colgate:

I really hope Mafia II gets the BC treatment soon - just got it for cheap as part of the 2K anniversary sale (along with Mafia III), and I don't imagine it's getting a remaster any time soon, so... Some of the best 'bootleg' vehicle design in game history, too - R* really ought to take a similar approach, IMO...

Yeah. Especially with how much of a disappointment Mafia III was, In my opinion.

I only just purchased SR3 a few weeks before I brought an X1, so I never experienced the game.

It's kinda like a crazier SCI-FI version of GTA:SA. I think it's pretty fun, but it's nowhere near as good as Saints row 2.

I like the over the top gameplay though, and you can play through the entire game with a friend too. (But you have to buy the Online Pass.)

You can also buy the FULL PACKAGE version which includes all of the DLC on a disk, minus three things...

(The Bloodsucker Pack, The Unlockables Pack, and The Online Pass.)

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So, the first song off of Cuphead's soundtrack has been released and... it's catchy as hell. I can't stop listening to it.
https://www.pastemag...soundtrack.html

• Awesom-0 likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Awesom-0, A week ago.

So, the first song off of Cuphead's soundtrack has been released and... it's catchy as hell. I can't stop listening to it.
https://www.pastemag...soundtrack.html

OFF TOPIC: That's the same website that created the article defending Dean Takahashi's awful Cuphead gameplay video, and calling the people who complained about it as "skill fetishizing".  :lol: It pisses me off seing all of these crap articles defending it...

ON TOPIC: With games like Cuphead, Snake Pass, Voodoo Vince Remake, and Super Lucky's Tale, It seems as if Microsoft is giving us loads of cool platform games.

... And i LOVE it. :inlove:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users