Photo

Official Xbox One Topic

10,286 replies to this topic
iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, A week ago.

Finished Quantum Break. Good game but the last boss fight was really frustrating and almost made me want to give the game a rest. Story got kind of scattered near the end but it was ok.

The ending leaves a chance for a sequel and I believe it could of made a great TV series if MS allows Remedy the chance.

Was it though? After three tries (and one of them was me being impatient) I got the gist of it. You're meant to dodge Serene's attacks (when it all goes red) and kill his goons in the meantime. I think he takes two or three shots with the rifle and he's dead (or rather stunned). It's not as frustrating as other shooters. I had more trouble defeating bosses in Doom but then I learned a speedrun trick involving the BFG.

If they made it into a TV series it would get stretched out too much. The actual live action footage is an entire movie's length (or two if you add up all the possible decisions). I think it could work as a movie instead but only if they kept the original actors and writers. However, I would much rather play a second game than just watch a movie.
I would say the boss fight had way too much going on. They spam the knock-off flashes against you and the heavily armed big guys! The camera also locks on to Serene when he does that time bomb blast, making it difficult to escape it sometimes. It also doesn't help that the game auto saves right before a cutscene.

And I totally forgot about the other choices for the live action show so I guess I'll have to replay those parts. Aidan Gillen is a good actor and I loved his work in The Wire.

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Got $400 in PayPal from a friend, with more on the way. Hopefully I will have enough to get the X1X and a 4KTV by the time it drops.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

Got $400 in PayPal from a friend, with more on the way. Hopefully I will have enough to get the X1X and a 4KTV by the time it drops.

Tell your friend my paypal is open, too. :p

• Maxxi likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted A week ago

it is from something we are selling. He finally ran out of his stock of stuff, so he is using mine, and giving me half of the profits. Long story short I paid $7 and will be getting the X1X and possibly a 4KTV.

Imagine telling everyone you know that you paid $7 for the latest and greatest in entertainment.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted A week ago

I just beat DR3, and it was well worth the $12. Now I want to play at least the first two games. The twist was fun for fans of the previous game. Might have to boot up my 360 for the first time in a few months. But I'm thinking about finding them on Xbone for cheap.
  • Tech-Noir likes this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

"Had enough yet?"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted A week ago

I just beat DR3, and it was well worth the $12. Now I want to play at least the first two games. The twist was fun for fans of the previous game. Might have to boot up my 360 for the first time in a few months. But I'm thinking about finding them on Xbone for cheap.

Definitely get Dead Rising 1 for Xbox One.  It's the best of the series and playing it at 60 FPS makes it so much better, when it's already an amazing game.  It's the most difficult and least wacky of the series and has the best iteration of my favorite Dead Rising protagonist, Frank West.  One of my favorite games of all time without a doubt.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

it is from something we are selling. He finally ran out of his stock of stuff, so he is using mine, and giving me half of the profits. Long story short I paid $7 and will be getting the X1X and possibly a 4KTV.

Imagine telling everyone you know that you paid $7 for the latest and greatest in entertainment.

Oh, "stock of stuff" ;) Got it lol

Not bad, I spent around $100 and gas money to get my custom Xb1 with DR3 and one year of Live back in 2013. Won it :p

• Maxxi likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted A week ago

Oh, "stock of stuff" ;) Got it lol

Not bad, I spent around $100 and gas money to get my custom Xb1 with DR3 and one year of Live back in 2013. Won it :p
Dpnt worry it is nothing illegal :p We simply cheated a store's system to get 1000x of something we were only supposed to get 1 of.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by GTA3Rockstar, A week ago.

Dpnt worry it is nothing illegal :p We simply cheated a store's system to get 1000x of something we were only supposed to get 1 of.

Sounds like you hustled the store like people did for the NES mini but those weren't $7 :p

what was it? ;)

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Humm...?

Sounds ileagl.
  • GTA3Rockstar likes this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago

Very 'ileagl'

• trip likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago Edited by ΣΓ, A week ago.

Or a website bug. One of our biggest retailers had a bug on Black Friday two years ago (I think) where one TV (or similar product) was priced at $1 or some ridiculously small amount. Somebody ordered it and they got it for that price because that's the way it was advertised.

Edit: Forza Motorsport 7 has really cool looking graphics. I just noticed how opponent cars reflect onto the hood of the player's vehicle. I have never seen reflections like this in a video game before (which is no surprise since it takes a lot of GPU power to reflect moving objects onto a moving surface). The effect is most likely restricted to the hood of the car and for the player vehicle only but it is a cool effect nonetheless.

Spoiler

Never mind. Turns out even Forza Motorsport 4 on the Xbox 360 had this effect.
  • Mister Pink likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Trip, I thought your live account was hacked after I saw the name change. XD
  • trip likes this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago

Trust me it felt weird changing it.
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 4 days ago Edited by ΣΓ, 4 days ago.

How do cross-platform Xbox games work on Windows 10 if you buy the disc version, which is Xbox One only? Do you install it on Xbox and then on the same account you can log in on the Windows store and download your game? That sounds risky for them because they don't know whether you still have the Xbox disc if they allow a digital download on PC.

Edit: Turns out you need a digital license to play it on both. f*cking sucks but kinda makes sense. This means that I will be forced to buy both physical and digital copies of the Forza games (it also sucks that the prices on the Windows Store are jacked up).

f*ck me. I can't wait for November to come to get my One X.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago

Why buy the physical copy?

All digital is the way to go. You will always have your games...no lost, broken, scratched discs.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 4 days ago

Often times physical copies are cheaper. Also, I like to collect some of the games that I really like in the form of discs.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 4 days ago

All digital is the way to go. You will always have your games...no lost, broken, scratched discs.

I'm normally a physical copy guy. I just feel secure in having a physical copy of a game I really like. I don't have a problem with damaging my games. I think I've damaged one game in twenty years of CD/DVD media. The Lord of the Rings Return of the King for PS2. And once someone thought I told them I could sell my Rogue Squadron 2 & 3 discs at a garage sale. But other than that, it's not a problem for me.

I'm just worried that I'll get accidentally banned from XBL, and I won't have any games, except the ones I have already downloaded. And I have had my account suspended for "unusual activity", and there wasn't any unusual activities. I think I was using my mom's credit card at one point, and that was unusual. But I really think it's because I redeemed too many free bing rewards gift cards. I don't want that happening again, I don't know how to plan for when they decide I'm breaking their rules, so I get physical copies of the games I really want.

I do get digital games, though, if they are on sale. Like today, I got Battlefield 4 for $5.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 days ago Edited by GTA3Rockstar, 3 days ago.

Digital will be the only way forward for me, considering the use of game sharing. Basically half price, anyways.

Though, I tend to use Gamefly for rentals, still.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 days ago

Forza Motorsport 4 allows you to take 4K pictures in game. Meanwhile the actual game is running in 720p. They were ahead of their time with this feature. It kinda gives me hope that these games will one day make it to PC with the back compat mode that the Xbox has. Phil Spencer hinted at in one interview that they are thinking about bringing the back compat feature to PC at some point.

Spoiler
  • Mister Pink likes this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Personally, i disagree.

I prefer collecting the physical copys. I like having the option to sell the games to GameStop if i dont want it anymore, trading disks with my friends, and a lot of digital games i can't play without an internet connection. Also, I feel more secure knowing if anything ever happened to my account, I'd still have my games. I do buy digital games if their really cheap XBLA titles or on sale AAA games most of the time.

Also, damaged games aren't an issue for me as i keep mine in great condition, and i usually spend a couple dollars extra for a 1-year warranty for that stuff anyway.

• Mister Pink, ΣΓ and HaythamKenway like this

Gremlin Sombra
  • Gremlin Sombra

Life's good when you're Caveria main.

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago Edited by Gremlin Sombra, A day ago.

Since I'm a huge cheap asshole. I prefer to get games on disc because that's where games go down in price more quickly. And if I'm buying something day one. I'm gonna get it from best buy with my GCU discount.

Not saying Deal's with Gold isn't great. But it usually takes awhile for most games to have an actual good sale on them. When you compare them to physical.

Edit: Also, kinda like the being banned scenario. What if someday the xbox servers where to go down and i lose my external hard drive or anything like that? Would i just lose all my games? Physical is a sure way I'll have them forever.
  • Mister Pink and HaythamKenway like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• United-States

Posted 19 hours ago

Forza Motorsport 4 allows you to take 4K pictures in game. Meanwhile the actual game is running in 720p. They were ahead of their time with this feature. It kinda gives me hope that these games will one day make it to PC with the back compat mode that the Xbox has. Phil Spencer hinted at in one interview that they are thinking about bringing the back compat feature to PC at some point.

Spoiler

Are you talking about the original Big Shot feature the photo mode had, that took half an hour to render a single picture?

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 17 hours ago

Yeah. Actually it takes more like 4-5 minutes. The video capture thing takes that long.

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 hours ago

Personally, i disagree.

I prefer collecting the physical copys. I like having the option to sell the games to GameStop if i dont want it anymore, trading disks with my friends, and a lot of digital games i can't play without an internet connection. Also, I feel more secure knowing if anything ever happened to my account, I'd still have my games. I do buy digital games if their really cheap XBLA titles or on sale AAA games most of the time.

Also, damaged games aren't an issue for me as i keep mine in great condition, and i usually spend a couple dollars extra for a 1-year warranty for that stuff anyway.

You mean give away to GameStop. ;)

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 16 hours ago

Honestly, the only games I take back to gamestop is sports games. I'll get 5-10 bucks taken off to buy the new one, so what the hell.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 hours ago

You mean give away to GameStop. ;)

Yeah, usually it's not much of a deal, but the other option is the game just collecting dust on my shelf. There are only so many games I play at any given time (and even less I return to to replay these days), so I see the worth in the price cut when trading in for the new releases.

I used to keep my copies, but then I found out that I have shelves overflowing with games, while on regular basis I'm still usually just getting the mileage out of a handful of favorites anyway. So now I'm just sitting on the games I know for sure I will return to more than once, while circling the rest in and out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users