• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 4 hours ago

Does anyone think there will be some significant Scorpio exclusives shown off at E3? I hope so. 

MS has made it clear there won't be Scorpio exclusives. Would split the fan base in half.

Oh, I didn't know this. I was hoping for some new IP's and would have been a nice "gift" to loyal customers. 

What do they mean by splitting the fanbase in half? 

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 hours ago Edited by ΣΓ, 3 hours ago.

You misunderstood his post. By exclusives he meant that there won't be any Scorpio only titles. This was the original statement from Spencer, but recently I think they said that developers are kinda free to release games on the Scorpio only if the Xbox One is too weak in comparison at that point. This refers to third party games only but who knows, maybe Xbox exclusives will shift permanently to Scorpio at some point.

If you are curious about Xbox exclusives, as in Xbox One and Scorpio games, then yeah, there will probably be some at E3. I wouldn't be surprised if Forza Motorsport 7 got announced. Other than that I have no idea.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 hours ago

Ah, OK. Makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. 

Yeah I thought that would be a given. Also I read that there will be no requirement for FPS on Microsoft's side for developers when it comes to cross-platform multiplayer. It's down to the developer what they choose to do. For example, Microsoft wont restrict Scorpio potential in MP so as to not have an advantage over Xbox One users. Will this mean we can have Xbox One only lobbies or is that splitting the fanbase again?

The reason I mention this is that I never expected or thought there would be Scorpio exclusives but if current games on the One perform better on Scorpio, I don't see why that can't be emulated again. For example, a Scorpio owner and a Xbox One owner buy the same disc. Except on one console (Scorpio), the install unlocks full potential and on XB1, it runs on as much as it can but not as much as Scorpio. 

Yeah, looking forward to seeing F7 if it's shown. Maybe Horizon 4. Horizon 3 didn't look too appealing to me. Would love some new IP. Something mature.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 3 hours ago

I think the game discs will be the same. There won't be Scorpio game discs or anything like that. The extras for the Scorpio could be delivered in a patch that you download when you install the game. I think that this is the way it's handled on the PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I don't think the multiplayer will be split. Even if the Xbox One can do 60 FPS in these games Scorpio may in fact run fully unlocked given that it comes with FreeSync support. It's not very likely but developers do have full control over the features of the console.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users