Official Xbox One Topic

10,079 replies to this topic
ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:36 PM

I can't take the name Scorpio seriously. It reminds me of Just Cause 2 too much. 

"Hey Scorpio!"

It's cooler than the "PS4 Pro". I mean scorpions (presumably the inspiration behind the name, as opposed to astrology) are cool and "Scorpio" is just a slightly shortened version of the word.

I take it back actually. The name is f*cking cool and it reminds me of this song:
  • Mister Pink and trip like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:43 PM Edited by trip, 09 March 2017 - 12:56 AM.

Damn...that's better than the song I've stuck to the project name.
  • ΣΓ and Fraizer like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 March 2017 - 12:12 AM

I can't take the name Scorpio seriously. It reminds me of Just Cause 2 too much.  "Hey Scorpio!"

It's cooler than the "PS4 Pro". I mean scorpions (presumably the inspiration behind the name, as opposed to astrology) are cool and "Scorpio" is just a slightly shortened version of the word.

Well yeah, scorpions are cool and all. But in JC2, everybody calls Rico "Scorpio" due to his emblem. And when I say everybody I mean everybody. Combine that with their strong asian accents and it makes the whole word sound goofy every time I hear it.
  • ΣΓ likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

Who remembers Project Natal?
  • trip and HaythamKenway like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Picked up The Witcher DLC's on sale on XBL. I've so much of the SP game to get through but thought I'd get them anyway :)

• HaythamKenway and PoeticWhisper like this

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

I can't take the name Scorpio seriously. It reminds me of Just Cause 2 too much.  "Hey Scorpio!"

It's cooler than the "PS4 Pro". I mean scorpions (presumably the inspiration behind the name, as opposed to astrology) are cool and "Scorpio" is just a slightly shortened version of the word.I take it back actually. The name is f*cking cool and it reminds me of this song: https://www.youtube....h?v=qIgPrLnAnfo
Is it wrong that I got a safety dance vibe from this song

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Rebellions are built on hope

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Better yet, who remembers Milo?

• trip and iiConTr0v3rSYx like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

Better yet, who remembers Milo?

Peter Molyneux doesn't!
  • trip and HaythamKenway like this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

I often wonder where the Xbox One would be right now if Phil Spencer was the head of Xbox from day one and not that awful other guy that shall not be named. You also have to wonder how closer the Xbox One would be to the PS4 in sales if Phil was head of Xbox One since launch.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:32 PM

I often wonder where the Xbox One would be right now if Phil Spencer was the head of Xbox from day one and not that awful other guy that shall not be named. You also have to wonder how closer the Xbox One would be to the PS4 in sales if Phil was head of Xbox One since launch.

Was that the Guy that something about only online? What the f*ck were they thinking at that time?? Anyways, was he even fired?

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Was that the Guy that something about only online? What the f*ck were they thinking at that time?? Anyways, was he even fired?

That was Don Mattrick.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:46 PM Edited by ROCKSTAR MANIC, 09 March 2017 - 07:46 PM.

That was Don Mattrick.

People went Apesh*t, when he said and talked about those things in that interview. Did he get fired?

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:46 PM

That was Don Mattrick.

People went Apesh*t, when he said and talked about those things in that interview. Did he get fired?

Kinda. He left to become CEO of Zynga a month later.

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:47 PM Edited by iiConTr0v3rSYx, 09 March 2017 - 09:48 PM.

That was Don Mattrick.

No, he didn't get fired but simply left to become CEO at Zynga.

I find it odd how people still give MS sh*t over the Xbox One reveal when most of the 'bad' people that worked there are long gone.

While I can understand the lack of games, things have gotten much better and Phil has done a great good of it!

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

I find it odd how people still give MS sh*t over the Xbox One reveal when most of the 'bad' people that worked there are long gone.

While I can understand the lack of games, things have gotten much better and Phil has done a great good of it!

I used to give them hate originally, but the updates since I actually bought my XB1 has lightened me up a bit.

Example, I wasn't a fan of the DVR at first, but now that I can save stuff without a membership. Progress like that is something I can get behind. 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

Picked up The Witcher DLC's on sale on XBL. I've so much of the SP game to get through but thought I'd get them anyway :)

You will not regret it. Some of the best downloadable content I've ever had the pleasure of playing. Better than most full games I dare say. 

• Mister Pink likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:51 AM

When Xbox One was announced, all the features seemed to be in the interest of Microsoft, and the consumer was an afterthought. At least, that's how it felt as a consumer. Kinect was required, an internet connection was mandatory, they wanted to make physical media and the secondary market 100% obsolete driving up sales in their own digital market, all with Don Mattrick's punchable grinning face feeding it to us like it's what we want.

They quickly realized people don't want one great feature if it is going to limit every other feature. We want options, and we want to be able to buy and play games how we want.

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:07 PM

Any one else notice microsoft randomly taking money out of your account? I just noticed that there is a $1.39 charge and I have no idea what for.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:09 PM

You should check out your account transactions details.
https://account.micr.../billing/orders

Pretty sure they can't just randomly take money. Laws against stealing and such.

I hope it is simple answer for your missing money.

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:16 PM

I did. The last thing bought was the Witcher 3 complete edition. I contacted support both online and on the phone, online sent me to a phone rep to be safe. Both recommended waiting a few days to see if it drops off and if not to dispute it with my bank. It's not a large amount of money, at the same time I think this is the second time it has shown up.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:13 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 13 March 2017 - 01:15 AM.

When Xbox One was announced, all the features seemed to be in the interest of Microsoft, and the consumer was an afterthought. At least, that's how it felt as a consumer. Kinect was required, an internet connection was mandatory, they wanted to make physical media and the secondary market 100% obsolete driving up sales in their own digital market, all with Don Mattrick's punchable grinning face feeding it to us like it's what we want.

They quickly realized people don't want one great feature if it is going to limit every other feature. We want options, and we want to be able to buy and play games how we want.

Well, I think with the physical media thing, new developers weren't getting a taste of the second-hand market. I think the DRM thing was a ploy to protect studios as in attract studios to Microsoft knowing that if someone wants to buy their game, they'll have to buy it from the source/Microsoft and not second-hand. Which in theory is a great for Microsoft and developers. I mean why develop for PS when your games will go on secondhand market and you don't get a taste.

Having said that, it was a major f*ck-up. I think the idea behind it was more noble than just forcing people to buy digitally. I do believe it was to attract developers to Microsoft. Afterall, we know Microsoft were really  a great platform for indie-devs on XBL. 

If all went to their plan, Xbox One wins the console war, developers are happy that MS killed secondhand market that GameStop thrive on, developers favour MS as their platform of choice as there is DRM on it and it's had more sales. Maybe we would have seen more discounts, or cheaper games if it all went digital. Maybe not because most c*nts are greedy. 

I think you are right to feel like that as a customer though. The sort of brute-force tactic didn't work. But, with the plan, I set out if it went their way, why not only have a gaming console in your home if you have have this whole entertainment system. Maybe very arrogant of them. 

• darthYENIK and HaythamKenway like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

Yea, that whole DRM was sh*t.

I don't really buy games unless I know I'ma be playing it a long time, otherwise I Gamefly games. That would've ruined that plan but good thing they didn't do that.

• darthYENIK and Mister Pink like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

There was or is a big Ubisoft sale on XBL. I was tempted to buy Rainbow 6 Siege but I've too many unfinished games and the sales have been pretty good that I've mostly getting digital downloads. I miss having hard copies though. I want to buy some hard copies of games I already purchased just to have the physical copy too to add to my collection.

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

GG :)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 19 March 2017 - 01:33 AM

I can't do hard copies anymore. I got a four terabyte external hard drive so I just download all games digitally and it feels so good to be able to switch on the fly.
  • Mister Pink, trip and Fraizer like this

Diani The Otter
  • Diani The Otter

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:55 AM

There was or is a big Ubisoft sale on XBL. I was tempted to buy Rainbow 6 Siege but I've too many unfinished games and the sales have been pretty good that I've mostly getting digital downloads. I miss having hard copies though. I want to buy some hard copies of games I already purchased just to have the physical copy too to add to my collection.

Same. The problem with digital ownership is that if Xboxs core services go down you can't play any digital game, I'm assuming the same applies to PSN.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:18 PM Edited by D9fred95, 19 March 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Same. The problem with digital ownership is that if Xboxs core services go down you can't play any digital game, I'm assuming the same applies to PSN.

I can play my downloaded titles without an internet connection. Not sure if that's the same as the services going down. The games are downloaded onto my hard drive so that may mean something.

• Mister Pink likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

I can play my downloaded titles without an internet connection. Not sure if that's the same as the services going down. The games are downloaded onto my hard drive so that may mean something.

As long as you have your account that you bought the items with set as your Xbox Home, then the games will work offline, and on all other profiles on the console (online).

• Mister Pink likes this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

GG :)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

The Resident Evil Super Bundle is on sale for $20.

Comes with literally every Resident Evil you can get on Xbox One besides RE7, and all the DLC for Revelations 2.

Only thing it's missing is the Resident Evil 0 Costume packs.  Even so, it's a pretty goddamn wild deal.  Unfortunately I already own them all besides RE4 and RE0.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

Custom Gamerpics coming soon(ish)

Here's the linky

• 2281 likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:17 AM

Is it bad that I have never touched a Resident Evil game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users