Photo

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

736 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:13 PM Edited by iNero, 09 April 2015 - 10:14 PM.

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies. If you never played it, start playing it. Never buy these games for there SP and MP. Your just throwing your money away.

Except I think the campaign in Black Ops II is better than the sh*tty version of Zombies they did in that game. I love how you didn't mention World At War either, since all of these games are in the same universe and connect in some way.

Stop throwing your opinion around as fact, a bunch of people like the Single Player and Multiplayer in those games.
What about playing those linear campaigns for the forth time.

Are you expecting CoD to become open world or some sh*t?

Well:

http://charlieintel....re-setting-more

- campaign to be open-world but still linear

- Switch to different characters in singleplayer (like GTAV)

Other things from that list seem to be legit so far.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:14 PM

People still care about this?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:18 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 09 April 2015 - 10:19 PM.

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies. If you never played it, start playing it. Never buy these games for there SP and MP. Your just throwing your money away.

Except I think the campaign in Black Ops II is better than the sh*tty version of Zombies they did in that game. I love how you didn't mention World At War either, since all of these games are in the same universe and connect in some way.

Stop throwing your opinion around as fact, a bunch of people like the Single Player and Multiplayer in those games.
What about playing those linear campaigns for the forth time.
Are you expecting CoD to become open world or some sh*t?
That is the point I was trying to make. But I ain't gotta tell anyone that, they already know that the campaign is what it is. If they add in what's in the article above. Good change for once.

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

It is set in the future where the technology fights against mankind.

I would take that with a grain a salt.  It really says nothing about the plot.

Notice how the advanced soldier is in the BO1 pose, and the quotes from WaW, BO1 and BO2 in the trailer.  Couple that with the viral marketing linked to WWII, Vietnam and the Black Hawk helicopter.  There's definitely some sort of "full circle" going on here.

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

Treyarch are the best CoD developers in my opinion, i'm sure the story will be better than advanced kevin spacey. I'm not sure how the different endings in BO2 will affect the game though, considering that Black Ops II was on the last gen.

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Gutted

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:54 AM Edited by Fallcreek, 10 April 2015 - 08:02 AM.

Treyarch are the best CoD developers in my opinion, i'm sure the story will be better than advanced kevin spacey. I'm not sure how the different endings in BO2 will affect the game though, considering that Black Ops II was on the last gen.

Completely disagree. Treyarch are the worst of the trio in terms of storytelling. Don't get me wrong, they did good with Black Ops II with it's many branching endings, but WaW and Black Ops I were ass. Multiplayer was great though.

Sledgehammer did an alright job with Advanced Warfare. Kevin Spacey somehow managed to do his magic with the script he was given.

It's not like anyone buys Call of Duty for it's campaign though, right?

iBUCKEYE
  • iBUCKEYE

Die Hard is a Christmas movie

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2015 - 03:45 AM

If it plays like the first Black Ops, especially the knifing(I like my gun game humiliations), then I might buy it.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:33 AM

Welp, I can count on pre-ordering it only to take it back within 7 days like I did with AW.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:08 AM

That looks and sounds really lame. f*ck they had me excited with the teaser wich was so much like the black ops teaser with all the cryptic sh*t and then it just AW2.

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • New-Caledonia

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

http://www.gamespot....r/1100-6426534/

"In terms of story, Black Ops III is set in a dark, twisted future...blah...blah....blah....in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare."

A CoD set in the future... again. Well, let's hope that at least Treyarch doesn't add silly and pointless exo suits.

"...deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever."

Heard that one before, many times.

Let's just wait until April 26 for more info on B03. I'm not really interested in futuristic first person shooters... personally IMO, the series went down after MW2. 

(Still respect your opinion if you like CoD based in a futuristic setting.)

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:11 PM

If it plays like the first Black Ops, especially the knifing(I like my gun game humiliations), then I might buy it.

The original Black Ops had so much potential to be the best CoD multiplayer ever. Too bad Ghost and Second Chance completely destroyed that game and using any other gun other than the Famas was the dumbest idea you could possibly have.

I remember my most killed weapon was the olympia.. what a piece of sh*t gun that was.

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:24 PM Edited by Th3MaN1, 10 April 2015 - 05:24 PM.

Shouldn't they just go f*ck themselves? How can they not notice what they're doing now is nothing new and people already had enough of it? At this point, they're not even trying.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

The original Black Ops had so much potential to be the best CoD multiplayer ever. Too bad Ghost and Second Chance completely destroyed that game and using any other gun other than the Famas was the dumbest idea you could possibly have.

I remember my most killed weapon was the olympia.. what a piece of sh*t gun that was.

I still don't see the problem with BO1's Ghost. People need to learn to stop relying on their mini-map to discover enemy positions. If you just look where your teammates are and where the objectives are you should know where the enemies are.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Hungary

Posted 10 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

The original Black Ops had so much potential to be the best CoD multiplayer ever.

It really did. Plus it was the first FPS in a while to use the spas with folded stock. f*cking yes please.

If the hit detection wasn't so awful BO would have been great, but it was noticably horrible even when i was playing with and against bots in combat training. I don't understand how they f*cked that up so bad. 

I couldn't care any less about perks because i played barebones only. BO did barebones the right way for sure. 

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

On Top of Mountains, Under Stars

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:43 PM

Again with the futuristic setting? Seriously?
  • Sunrise Driver and Payne Killer like this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:11 AM

I think it's safe to say there won't be exo-suits.  Every tweet directed at Treyarch and Vahn is littered with anti-exo-suit complaints, even the pro-players are getting involved.

ngwhl4y.png

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:18 AM

Thing is its either Exo Suit or Cybernetic/Robotic. At the end they both offer the same features.

There will still be dashing/Sliding. Instead if jumping you now have wall running.

So TA can say there are no Exos but the stupid sh*t caused by the Exos will probably still be in, just in a different way.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:33 PM Edited by poklane, 11 April 2015 - 01:36 PM.

I think it's safe to say there won't be exo-suits.  Every tweet directed at Treyarch and Vahn is littered with anti-exo-suit complaints, even the pro-players are getting involved.

ngwhl4y.png

Doesn't matter at this point. The game is already in development for almost 2 and a half years at this point, and 2 years at the time AW came out. At that point the whole story would have been written around Exos and other futuristic stuff, and the maps will have been made to properly use them. There's no way Exos will be cut now if they're in, it would just throw away 2+ years of development. We just have to hope that Treyarch decided to not include Exos when the game left pre-production and started full development. If they decided to suddenly cut Exos they'd have to rewrite parts of the story and change the maps.

• Th3MaN1 likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:37 PM

ngwhl4y.png

Doesn't matter at this point. The game is already in development for almost 2 and a half years at this point, and 2 years at the time AW came out. At that point the whole story would have been written around Exos and other futuristic stuff, and the maps will have been made to properly use them. There's no way Exos will be cut now if they're in, it would just throw away 2+ years of development. We just have to hope that Treyarch decided to not include Exos when the game left pre-production and started full development. If they decided to suddenly cut Exos they'd have to rewrite parts of the story and change the maps.

I don't think Exo Suits were on Treyarch's agenda to begin with. Remember, only AW had them, and AW was made by a totally new developer to the Call of Duty series (Sledgehammer). So, if anything, I wouldn't expect to see Exo Suits in the next COD.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:41 PM

They know what each other is developing. Also in an interviews before AW release they said that it would be really hard to go away from the advanced movement in the next games after AW because players would adapt to the movement. That basically means that we probably wont see a "normal" movement ever again.

Although most people dont want exos back, some of the few people who want it back think that BO2 (or the other previous CoDs) are too slow. I had to facepalm after hearing this...

• poklane likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:02 PM

They know what each other is developing. Also in an interviews before AW release they said that it would be really hard to go away from the advanced movement in the next games after AW because players would adapt to the movement. That basically means that we probably wont see a "normal" movement ever again.

Although most people dont want exos back, some of the few people who want it back think that BO2 (or the other previous CoDs) are too slow. I had to facepalm after hearing this...

I think as PVP has evolved over time, becoming faster and faster, COD has been trying to keep up. Different attempts to make it run even faster than the last game. Which has led us to where we are right now, double jumping and boosting in all directions in an attempt to move around maps faster than we were in the last game. Black Ops 2 was a good pace. Not too fast, where games are like 5 minutes a piece, but not too slow, where games can last for 10 to 15 minutes. Ghosts was horrible at this, where games would last forever, and Advanced Warfare pushed it to the lowest levels of acceptable gameplay times (most of my games range from 5-7 minutes, with my highest game being 9:59 and my lowest game being 4:45). I remember playing some games in Ghosts and because some of the maps were so horrendously huge simple games of TDM would last until the time limit, without even getting halfway to the score limit. I think what Treyarch should do is try to balance the game's physics with the size of their maps to make it feel more classic-esque, but also give us that modern gameplay style that most PVP games are moving towards.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

AW is a mess. The jumping made the maps uncontrollable and the gameplay unpredictable. It was pure chaos. The boosting and dashing made it even faster. CoD4 and BO1 had perfect pacing.

CoD becomes more and more an arena shooter. If that wasnt bad enough, arena shooters at least offer some sense for tactics which isnt the case in CoD at all. At least for the last few CoDs.

The sales numbers for CoD decreased more and more over the past few years but they apparently still dont see the need to listen to the community. Instead they invited some Youtubers or "pro" players to test the game. Most of them have no idea what the majority wants.

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:25 PM

Am i the only one that likes exo suits? there is classic game modes without exo you know!!!!!!!!!!!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Am i the only one that likes exo suits? there is classic game modes without exo you know!!!!!!!!!!!

Which are almost worse cause the maps are designed for exo suits and double jumps...

• MilezDawg likes this

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:48 PM Edited by X S, 11 April 2015 - 03:50 PM.

COD BO3 started development on the day Ghosts was released.  That's a 3-year development cycle.  AW's exo-suits didn't come around until 3arc was already one year into development.

And I disagree with them not listening to the community.  3arc gets way more creative freedom than IW or SH these days.  They've proven themselves.  Hell, they were given the 'ok' by Activision to remove last stand.  David Vahndarhaar is highly involved the community, and the community is suppose to include the pro and YouTube scene.  That is the community.  On top of that, they all hated Ghosts, and the majority of them do not want to see a return of exo-suits.

In fact, it was IW who turned their backs on the community.  They provided no support to either the fans, YouTubers or pro players.  Sledgehammer at least made an attempt to recognize the community.  I expect to see a return of league play and theater.  For editors like me, removing theater was like a slap in the face.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:08 PM

I disagree that Infinity Ward didn't listen to the community, sure they didn't exactly listen to the community with CoD4 or MW2, but withMW3 they were very active. Mark Rubin was highly active and responsive on Twitter and he'd often ask people what they thought on specific changes and such. Heck, you could tweet one of the developers from Infinity Ward about a hacker during MW3 and they'd check them out and within an hour or so they'd be banned.

I'm not sure how Infinity Ward done with Ghost, but from the looks of it Infinity Ward went downhill after that. Mark Rubin left and from the looks of it they weren't very active within the community.

Treyarch are also good with community feedback but they could be much better. David Vonderhaar clearly loves working on these games, he really does love the competitive community and he puts up with a LOT of sh*t from people who blame him for minor problems in the game (some of these stuff aren't even problems, people are just bad and need to vent).

Sometimes though.. Treyarch refuse to listen to the community and stick to their guns. Remember the MP40 in World at War? Or Second Chance and Ghost in Black Ops? They refused to fix these things because apparently they were fine and didn't make the game unbalanced or much easier for bad players. Although the same could be said about Infinity Ward I guess, I mean even with Modern Warfare 3 they refused to fix so much bullsh*t like Dead Man's Hand, Final Stand, etc..

iNero I hope you realise that the only reason why Call of Duty is still a major game in the FPS scene is because of the competitive scene. These games get so much free advertising and sales simply because of competitive players and tournaments. The prize for winning some of these CoD competitions can't even compare to major competitive games like CS:GO.

TheFlareEntercounter
  • TheFlareEntercounter

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

future

I'll pass.

knock2000
  • knock2000

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

Hopefully we get transit that was my favorite mode in bo2 :)

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Those modes are sh*t since all maps are designed around Exos suits.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

COD BO3 started development on the day Ghosts was released.  That's a 3-year development cycle.

CoD: Ghosts was released less than two years ago. If BO3 Development started when Ghosts released, it would only be a two year dev cycle so development for BO3 started right around when BO2 released.

• X S likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users