Call of Duty: Black Ops III

736 replies to this topic
Fraizer
  • Fraizer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:49 AM

I reckon they are trying to beat the leaks this year. Usually the don't release anything about each years release until May. At any rate, I want to be excited for a new treyarch COD cause I loved black ops 2 but the Ghost and AW make it hard.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

I reckon they are trying to beat the leaks this year. Usually the don't release anything about each years release until May. At any rate, I want to be excited for a new treyarch COD cause I loved black ops 2 but the Ghost and AW make it hard.

Actually (at least TA) are always making those teasers and cryptic things. Thats nothing new. But it surprises me that they already make them at that rate. We had like 7 clips already. 2 or 3 daily. So my guess is that they reveal the game earlier than usual. Especially since they have 3 years for the game and not only 2 like in the previous years.

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 09 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

I agree with a lot of you guys here.  AW really threw the franchise over the tipping point with the exo-suits.  They were cool at first, but then the novelty wore off.  It was playing an over-glorified version of Titanfall, except that Titanfall got it right.  Titanfall had much larger maps and the ability to parkour.  I'm still so upset at what could've been for IW's next COD after MW2.  Titanfall, or some spirit of it, should have been that next installment.

As for Ghosts, I just can't quite put my finger on it.  Maybe it was just the sum of its parts.  Everything from the engine, the player health, the mundane killstreaks, the overuse of desaturation in the ugly color correction, and the overly-large and terribly-designed maps, just made Ghosts one of the, if not the worst, most horrible COD's ever made.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:03 PM Edited by iNero, 09 April 2015 - 05:04 PM.

BO3 pretty much confirmed. Reveal 24th April.

• poklane, ClaudeSpeed1911 and X S like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:22 PM Edited by Noclue_42, 09 April 2015 - 05:23 PM.

Make it stop, please.

word! the franchise has become sh*t after the 3rd or 4th game.

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

BO3 pretty much confirmed. Reveal 24th April.

Yeah, pretty obvious that it's going to be BO3, only question is how are they going to continue the BO story?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:26 PM Edited by universetwisters, 09 April 2015 - 05:29 PM.

Is that f*cking Reznov voicing the teasers?

E. It'd be interesting if it's like Black Ops 1, but instead of playing for the Americans, you play for the Soviets, dunno if the jamming transmission thing is any clue to that or not. Hell, I'd rather be a Soviet shooting Americans in the fringes of the midwest as opposed to being an American shooting at Soviets somewhere in buttf*ck Siberia.

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

It's all the characters from WaW, BO1 and BO2.

Time travel confirmed. :p

But seriously, take my money now, Treyarch!

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:33 PM

Make it stop, please.

word! the franchise has become sh*t after the 3rd or 4th game.

The third game was CoD3 which wasnt that good. CoD4 made the franchise that popular and with BO1 it reached its peak. After BO1 (CoD7) it became just bad. But BO1 was probably the last good one.

And if they can get their sh*t together the franchise might recover.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

Honestly, I doubt I'll even buy this for the Mulitplayer. I like Treyarch's stories, I'll gladly buy it for the Single Player.

WE NEED MORE GARY OLDMAN!

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

11152698_10152757811772724_7565118481372

Love the Logo, seems very post-apocalyptic to me.

• poklane and zombieRAGE like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

BO1-like game or GTFO.

Black Ops 2 was OKay but not that good like BO and MW games.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

BO1: Single player - Linear as all get out. Short in length.

Multi-player - Grind, Grind, Grind, boring.................

Zombies - Something in the game that's worth getting trophies for and there always fun. Easter eggs was long in length, and you have to work as a team. Decent story.

BO2: Single player - Linear as all get out. Short in length.

Multi-player - Grind, Grind, Grind, boring...................

Zombies - Easter eggs was a challenge in them selves. Have to have teamwork. Trophies were great to get as usual and the most satifying. Good story.

BO3: Single player - Not even turning it on.

Multi-player - Not even tuning it on.

Zombies - Its been too long my old friend. Give Sledgehammer a pat on the back for atleast trying, they didn't do bad. Just kick Infinity Ward right in there co*k su*ker's.

They deserve it.

Oh how I miss you Juggernaug. All I'm asking in the reveal trailer is to here Richtofens voice for just a second. That will give me enough confirmation for how zombies is gonna go. Anyone who buys this for a short SP campaign and the same MP they have year in, year out will be dissapointed as always.

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies. If you never played it, start playing it. Never buy these games for there SP and MP. Your just throwing your money away.

paperbagdude
  • paperbagdude

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) J U I C E

• Members
  • Denmark
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:31 PM

As long Treyach will be the developers of the next time, I'm in.

Black Ops 2 is yet the best COD I've ever played, AW on a second place.

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:37 PM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 09 April 2015 - 07:41 PM.

Can't post the image due to this mobile site being horrible but the Cover photo for this game just leaked and of course... It's more futuristic garbage. The cover guy is wearing some kind of goggles and what looks to be some kind of Exo suit.

I had hopes that Treyarch would revive Call of Duty by going back to its World War 2 roots but I guess we get more future crap.

Obvious not purchasing this game due to this.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

CCLHACfWIAA1irR.jpg

“Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series. Developed by Treyarch, the award-winning creator of the two most played games in Call of Duty® history. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 deploys players into a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldiers emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare. With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, it providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.”

http://mp1st.com/201...e/#.VSbZb_msVAK

Sounds worde than AW...

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:59 PM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 09 April 2015 - 08:00 PM.

Time travel and Reznov alive confirmed? 

Also the numbers, will we know what they mean?

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

Boat on that description it sounds like Black Ops 2 meets Advanced Warfare. No thanks.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:04 PM

Zombies, Zombies, Zombies. If you never played it, start playing it. Never buy these games for there SP and MP. Your just throwing your money away.

Except I think the campaign in Black Ops II is better than the sh*tty version of Zombies they did in that game. I love how you didn't mention World At War either, since all of these games are in the same universe and connect in some way.

Stop throwing your opinion around as fact, a bunch of people like the Single Player and Multiplayer in those games.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and SimsDaniel916 like this

JZFB
  • JZFB

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

f*ck Zombies.

In WaW, Black Ops and Black Ops II I much preferred playing multiplayer.

• Android likes this

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Everybody wants a vietnam or ww2 setting because we are all tired of the futuristic setting. Instead listening to their fans they just go even further in the future. Boooooh

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

Just when I thought there would be a game with no exo sh*t the leaks happend.

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

"World at war" was the game where you could storm the reichstag, right? was the reichstag situation in more than just one game? I cannot recall which was what, and when it came out...I just recall a massive carnage in front of the reichstag, and some payback violence once you entered it....that was probably the best thing CoD ever did...along with that Normandy arrival....the rest....lel f*ck that!

I might mistake CoD and MoH here....pardon me....it's just mostly the same...linear killing simulators...thus, mostly, SH*T

• Skeever likes this

Skeever
  • Skeever

Shall Not Be Infringed

• Members
  • United-States
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:00 PM Edited by WinkingSkeever6, 09 April 2015 - 10:45 PM.

"World at war" was the game where you could storm the reichstag, right? was the reichstag situation in more than just one game? I cannot recall which was what, and when it came out...I just recall a massive carnage in front of the reichstag, and some payback violence once you entered it....that was probably the best thing CoD ever did...along with that Normandy arrival....the rest....lel f*ck that!

Yep, both the Reichstag and Normandy invasions were in World at War, probably the last game that I truly enjoyed out of the series.

If the next game they were hinting at is set anywhere between World War I and Vietnam then I might pick it up. Otherwise, I really wouldn't care for more futuristic BS. If the teasers are anything to go by, though, then this is just going to be another game set in the future.

I guess the majority of people still playing these games wouldn't want a game set in World War I or II again because "the weapons would be boring" or "there wouldn't be over-dramatic explosions", so I guess I can see why Treyarch wouldn't want to risk damaging their fanbase with a game that the newcomers wouldn't enjoy.

Edit: It was the Battle of Peleliu that was in WaW, not the invasion of Normandy. Thanks for the correction nath22. :)

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

I was never a huge fan of Zombies.. I only played when I rage quit from MP matches.. and when I died in Zombies I went right back to MP. lol

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:08 PM Edited by X S, 09 April 2015 - 09:12 PM.

Everybody wants a vietnam or ww2 setting because we are all tired of the futuristic setting. Instead listening to their fans they just go even further in the future. Boooooh

I'm hearing that it's a post-apocalyptic future.  That means the advanced technology has been totally wiped out and that humanity lives off the grid.

Even though this is the fourth in the storyline, it's still technically only the 3rd of the trilogy.  I would expect this to be the end of the storyline, and my hope is that it ends tragically.  :cool:

*chants time travel*

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

I'm hearing that it's a post-apocalyptic future.  That means the advanced technology has been totally wiped out and that humanity lives off the grid.

Even though this is the fourth in the storyline, it's still technically only the 3rd of the trilogy.  I would expect this to be the end of the storyline, and my hope is that it ends tragically.  :cool:

*chants time travel*

“Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3 is the first title for next-gen hardware in the critically acclaimed Black Ops series. Developed by Treyarch, the award-winning creator of the two most played games in Call of Duty® history. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 deploys players into a dark, twisted future where a new breed of Black Ops soldiers emerges and the lines are blurred between our own humanity and the technology we created to stay ahead, in a world where cutting-edge military robotics define warfare. With three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies, it providing fans with the deepest and most ambitious Call of Duty ever.”

It is set in the future where the technology fights against mankind.

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:53 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 09 April 2015 - 09:59 PM.

Except I think the campaign in Black Ops II is better than the sh*tty version of Zombies they did in that game. I love how you didn't mention World At War either, since all of these games are in the same universe and connect in some way.

Stop throwing your opinion around as fact, a bunch of people like the Single Player and Multiplayer in those games.
Why aren't you grinding in MP right now? What about playing those linear campaigns for the forth time. Opinions are like as*holes, so yeah I got one. LOL.

Worry about getting your drivers permit and quit worrying about what I think. LOL

nath22
  • nath22

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:58 PM

Was excited until I saw that we'll be getting a further into the future thing. Hopefully Treyarch will get it right but the idea doesn't sound great.

Yep, both the Reichstag and Normandy invasions were in World at War, probably the last game that I truly enjoyed out of the series.

Normandy was MOH Frontlines for the PS2, there was a similar mission in WaW (getting shot to sh*t in tin cans on a beach) but it wasn't Normandy

• GTA_fear and Skeever like this

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:02 PM

What about playing those linear campaigns for the forth time.

Are you expecting CoD to become open world or some sh*t?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users