9,881 replies to this topic
ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

The colors man... all the colors...

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:40 PM

I'm actually about to do some experimentation with the 360 save editor as I want to see what the colors would look like on different cars. I don't think there would be any way for me to get them from single player to Online on the 360 and then transfer over to the One to give myself the cars unfortunatly.

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

MAGA

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

So are you guys just driving around till you find a car with a worn finish? Or is their a way to get them to spawn?

drove around sandy shores lookin for my voodoo. got one, went back to the city for a while, then came back with my rat loader lookin for a worn rat loader, found a custom NPC one driving around in green (exhaust, wheel, hood, grille upgrades), was kinda fugly of a color so i took that one and drove it around for a bit till i found my rat loader (bent grille and hood, loaded bed) parked in sandy shores.

The Rat Loader doesn't spawn in Worn colours. You have a Matte Grey one now.

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:21 PM Edited by EMAGDN1M, 10 April 2015 - 08:32 PM.

So are you guys just driving around till you find a car with a worn finish? Or is their a way to get them to spawn?

drove around sandy shores lookin for my voodoo. got one, went back to the city for a while, then came back with my rat loader lookin for a worn rat loader, found a custom NPC one driving around in green (exhaust, wheel, hood, grille upgrades), was kinda fugly of a color so i took that one and drove it around for a bit till i found my rat loader (bent grille and hood, loaded bed) parked in sandy shores.

you are completely utterly wrong. sorry bud. 

go get a rat loader and TRY to recreate the color using matte colors. you cant.

all rusty/rat cars have worn paint if they are driving around. if you order them, they come in classic/metallic

did you even look at the picture?

aaaaaaand, heres my proof. watch the satin shimmer on the top of the car disappear when he selects matte black. its worn then its not. thats the difference. you even see him go to classic black and its a few shades different.

https://youtu.be/JImt-2OqQEo?t=4m21s

CaptianBackwoods
  • CaptianBackwoods

Rebel Riders MC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

all rusty/rat cars have worn paint if they are driving around. if you order them, they come in classic/metallic

aaaaaaand, heres my proof. watch the satin shimmer on the top of the car disappear when he selects matte black. its worn then its not. thats the difference. you even see him go to classic black and its a few shades different.

That was a classic paint job the whole time.
  • Hector Tavares likes this

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:29 PM Edited by ZANTHERA, 10 April 2015 - 10:01 PM.

Please stop arguing, that's why I had to get mod to delete loads of posts from before.
  • TheKillingJoker likes this

CrazyHandz
  • CrazyHandz

BOOM Headshot

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:33 PM

Okay, I'm going hunting tonight.

JesterOfGenocide
  • JesterOfGenocide

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:01 PM

I have no idea what colour this is:
6vrnDTD.jpg
Not to be a bragging douche or anything, but I've played Online for over 55 days in total. I've seen this car spawn in this colour exactly once in Online, so I nabbed it because I recognized it as a unique colour. Sure enough, I couldn't even come close to recreating it in LSC. Anyone have any idea what colour this is? It's pretty damn cool IMO.

Its a worn grey, I've seen that one a couple times online. There are a worn silver felon GT, worn silver mesa, theres a Rumpo which spawns in the same dark silver you posted.

There's a worn green gresley, a sand coloured Seminole, worn bronze Granger, rim baby blue buccaneer, a coupled non LSC buccaneers and a non lsc tornado. There's a worn light blue/silver saddler etc. Probably 30+ non LSC cars getting around.
There's a pheonix worn a worn red secondary. Pity it's not the primary as well..

I have been hunting for that worn F620 for a few days now with no luck at all. I've seen about every F620 color but that one at this point.
  • dani.a1104 and Shad0w_Sc4l3 like this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:10 AM

Would someone educate me on the difference between worn colors and matte colors because to me they look practically the same.

Also on the same topic I think I've found one of these worn colors in single player today, when I was driving around as Trevor I found a Dukes with paint job that has a similar texture to the other worn ones posted here. I took a few pictures and thought I'd post them here to see if I actually have found one of these worn colors.

Dukes with matte/worn silver

Spoiler

I can't quite put my finger on what color this is so will one of you clarify it for me.

That is Worn Shadow Silver. I have a Dukes that color in Online.
The difference between Matte and Worn is that Matte looks very rough and does not reflect light that well, Worn on the other hand does reflect light quite well and has an overall smoother apperance than Matte. Worn is like Satin paint which is in between Matte and Gloss, Gloss being the real name of the Classic paints.

I don't get why R* didn't just make this a category in LSC along with the rest. Or even better just give us an RGB square, if they gave us this instead of 75 specific colors everyone could make their car unique.
Another way of looking at worn colors is that Classic or Metallic are like the paint job on a brand-new car, but Worn is like the paint job on a five-year-old car that's washed a few times per year (in the automatic car wash at a gas station) but never waxed or glazed or otherwise taken care of. You know, the paint job of someone who doesn't really care about cars but just uses them as transportation.

Now, on to the idea of using an RGB square to pick colors, rather than picking named colors from a list. You could come up with unique colors with this, but not the finishes. The RGB is only part of it; you can't recreate a worn color with just an RGB code.

What would be needed is to first pick a color, such as from an RGB square like you said, then pick a finish, like worn or classic. Personally, I'd like to see another setting as well: opacity, how solid or see-through the color is. With this, you could set a base layer, then set another color layer on top but make it partially transparent, kind of like a pearlescent. But instead of just a fixed layer of transparency or opacity, you'd be able to customize it. And I'd like for you to be able to completely customize in this manner maybe three or even four layers of paint.

If each layer had a cost, if different finishes had different costs, if setting a custom opacity had a cost...and there were three layers, each with its own set of costs...it could become quite expensive. But isn't that what it would take for Rockstar to do something like this? The chance to make some money off it? Of course, using the named colors at their current prices should still be an option for those who want the simplicity or cheapness.
  • BigJoe_1 likes this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

I don't think any other coupe is going to help more than any of the others. Try an Elegy if you have one, the Elegy has a bit of magical spawning power that helps rare cars appear.

I'm sure you know that the chances of finding one will be higher when it's on Simeon's list. If you have a list from him, but it's not on it, try jumping public sessions a few times. Sometimes the lists change when you switch sessions.

To be honest, though, I see the car more often when it's NOT on his list. I mean...if it's on his list, it's fairly guaranteed to appear in the session, but it's a rare spawn. On the other hand, if it's not on his list, it's either not in the session at all (most sessions), or else it's a frequent car in the session (rarely). Hope that makes sense, and that's just my experience.

Focus your search in Rockford Hills, all the way up to Eclipse Towers, to LSC, to Del Perro, amd in the golf course parking lot. Also try the parking lot of Kortz Center, it's not uncommon to find the more valuable of the storable cars there.

Murciélago
  • Murciélago

lol

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 11 April 2015 - 03:29 AM

I don't think any other coupe is going to help more than any of the others. Try an Elegy if you have one, the Elegy has a bit of magical spawning power that helps rare cars appear.

I'm sure you know that the chances of finding one will be higher when it's on Simeon's list. If you have a list from him, but it's not on it, try jumping public sessions a few times. Sometimes the lists change when you switch sessions.

To be honest, though, I see the car more often when it's NOT on his list. I mean...if it's on his list, it's fairly guaranteed to appear in the session, but it's a rare spawn. On the other hand, if it's not on his list, it's either not in the session at all (most sessions), or else it's a frequent car in the session (rarely). Hope that makes sense, and that's just my experience.

Focus your search in Rockford Hills, all the way up to Eclipse Towers, to LSC, to Del Perro, amd in the golf course parking lot. Also try the parking lot of Kortz Center, it's not uncommon to find the more valuable of the storable cars there.

I had the F620 on my list today but it just would not spawn for me. (except for that one parking space in the golf course parking lot) 

I tried invite and public sessions, guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow because my eyes hurt from all the searching.

einjzmolf
  • einjzmolf

MAGA

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:15 AM Edited by einjzmolf, 11 April 2015 - 04:18 AM.

You're arguing with the wrong person about anything Rat Loaders. Sorry bud.

The one in neckbeard's video is a Classic paintjob. You're the completely utterly wrong, gullible fool.

I've dealt with over 100 rat loaders in the save editor alone. I've painted a Rat Loader literally every colour in the game and every unobtainable colour. They spawn in Matte Grey, Matte Black, and Matte Red. Sadly, the Rat Loader is the only rusty vehicle that DOES NOT spawn in Worn paint jobs. Trust me, i wish they did. But, they don't. End of story.
  • CaptianBackwoods likes this

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

I'm not sure if everyone knew this or not, but just a heads up, you can't paint a vehicle 2 different crew colors. I had a mesa with flat black main, "glow in the dark green" crew color as the secondary. Decided to make the main pure black crew color. When I painted it, it changed the secondary to pure black as well.

I found this out the hard way and spent over $100,000 on crew colors, if you try to change the Primary crew the Secondary crew will change to the same as the Primary and if you try to change the Secondary without Changing the Primary, you will be charged for the cost of the paint but it will not be applied.

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:38 PM Edited by ZANTHERA, 11 April 2015 - 01:39 PM.

Spoiler

Stop Arguing!

• JesterOfGenocide likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:40 PM

I had the F620 on my list today but it just would not spawn for me. (except for that one parking space in the golf course parking lot) 

I tried invite and public sessions, guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow because my eyes hurt from all the searching.

Just a quick tip in spawning cars on simeons list. All you need to do is been in an area which allows that particular car to spawn and step out of the car you are in.

Stand there on foot and the list car will start spawning on mass. But you have to be on foot.

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:45 PM Edited by ZANTHERA, 11 April 2015 - 04:49 PM.

Here are a few quick combinations i made on the 360 save editor, im also soon to post some more combinations from my One. Most of these also have Worn Dark Red as the wheel color.

Primary: Worn Dark Red / Pearlescent MP100 GOLD SPEC (The hidden pearlescent on Pure Gold)

Secondary: Utility Black

0_0.jpg

Primary: Worn Dark Red / Pearlescent MP100 GOLD SPEC (The hidden pearlescent on Pure Gold)

Secondary: Worn Dark Red

0_0.jpg

Primary: Worn Dark Red / Pearlescent Torino Red

I made this the same as the gang car except what it would have looked like if it spawned with a roof.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Secondary: Chrome

0_0.jpg

Also a quick side note, have the 360 and PS3 versions been downgraded since when they were first launched? it literally felt like going from GTA V to San Andreas when i was testing these colors, my eyes actually started hurting because of all the jagged lines and low quality textures.

• NegSpec13 and VaultGamingYT like this

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Primary Metallic: Anthracite Black / Pearlescent Cream

Secondary: Chrome

Wheel Color: Anthracite Black

hWHfDDN.png

6tHTGS5.png

tU0DspT.png

hL8b2Xp.png

kgSSc4v.png

I have some update pictures of my own Worn Dark Red and Worn Shadow Silver Dukes', as well as one with it next to the Worn Dark Red Gang Peyote.

YFfyI74.png

yBznR80.png

fQtAXlB.png

• CaptianBackwoods and Quiet Riot like this

-KC
  • -KC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:20 PM

Can you use Charles to get the "Worn" colours? If so, how?

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
  • Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

No you can't, Charles only works with buyable paintjobs.

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:50 PM

It seems the only way we would be able to acquire all of the Worn colors is either is Rockstar makes a 'Satin' category of paint or someone figures out how to make a save editor for the One/PS4

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

Would someone educate me on the difference between worn colors and matte colors because to me they look practically the same.

Also on the same topic I think I've found one of these worn colors in single player today, when I was driving around as Trevor I found a Dukes with paint job that has a similar texture to the other worn ones posted here. I took a few pictures and thought I'd post them here to see if I actually have found one of these worn colors.

Dukes with matte/worn silver

Spoiler

I can't quite put my finger on what color this is so will one of you clarify it for me.

That is Worn Shadow Silver. I have a Dukes that color in Online.
The difference between Matte and Worn is that Matte looks very rough and does not reflect light that well, Worn on the other hand does reflect light quite well and has an overall smoother apperance than Matte. Worn is like Satin paint which is in between Matte and Gloss, Gloss being the real name of the Classic paints.

I don't get why R* didn't just make this a category in LSC along with the rest. Or even better just give us an RGB square, if they gave us this instead of 75 specific colors everyone could make their car unique.
Another way of looking at worn colors is that Classic or Metallic are like the paint job on a brand-new car, but Worn is like the paint job on a five-year-old car that's washed a few times per year (in the automatic car wash at a gas station) but never waxed or glazed or otherwise taken care of. You know, the paint job of someone who doesn't really care about cars but just uses them as transportation.

Now, on to the idea of using an RGB square to pick colors, rather than picking named colors from a list. You could come up with unique colors with this, but not the finishes. The RGB is only part of it; you can't recreate a worn color with just an RGB code.

What would be needed is to first pick a color, such as from an RGB square like you said, then pick a finish, like worn or classic. Personally, I'd like to see another setting as well: opacity, how solid or see-through the color is. With this, you could set a base layer, then set another color layer on top but make it partially transparent, kind of like a pearlescent. But instead of just a fixed layer of transparency or opacity, you'd be able to customize it. And I'd like for you to be able to completely customize in this manner maybe three or even four layers of paint.

If each layer had a cost, if different finishes had different costs, if setting a custom opacity had a cost...and there were three layers, each with its own set of costs...it could become quite expensive. But isn't that what it would take for Rockstar to do something like this? The chance to make some money off it? Of course, using the named colors at their current prices should still be an option for those who want the simplicity or cheapness.

It would be perfect if they released this sort of thing with an LSC themed update, however only if it came with a shopping cart purchase system, that way we could see how the full paint scheme would look and nobody would have to waste hundreds of thousands trying to find that perfect setup.

• Ash'R9k., JRebbert512 and Quiet Riot like this

Quiet Riot
  • Quiet Riot

I'm Not a Hipster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:57 PM Edited by riotvision, 11 April 2015 - 07:08 PM.

It seems the only way we would be able to acquire all of the Worn colors is either is Rockstar makes a 'Satin' category of paint or someone figures out how to make a save editor for the One/PS4

I was trying to use Charles to transfer these paints to other vehicles in my garage but I don't think it's possible since the Primary and Secondary (7/8) are always (-1) for no change. I found a Buccaneer with a Baby Blue Satin "Worn" unobtainable paint and when I edited the order the number for the Primary and Secondary Paint Cat. (67/68) was (3) which is the Metals Category. 

https://docs.google....c&rm=full#gid=2

Metals are the last category on this list with Brushed Gold (175) being the very last color. So I could definitely see them adding more to the Metals category since there are only six so far.

EDIT: I did then try using Charles to paint other vehicles using (3) as the Cat. and 176+ for (7/8) and nothing worked so don't waste your time like I did lol.

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

https://docs.google....c&rm=full#gid=2

Dam i followed that link to all the Hex codes to try and find Worn Dark Red's hex and its bloody wrong! all the rest are right!

Quiet Riot
  • Quiet Riot

I'm Not a Hipster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:43 PM Edited by riotvision, 11 April 2015 - 09:48 PM.

Yeah... that spreadsheet under the HEX Paint tab has Pure Gold and Brushed Gold as "Unobtain" for the category and there is no Metals category so I'm guessing that spreadsheet was made before the Metals category was known. I'm guessing these "Worn" colors will fall into the Metals category (if they make them avail) since like I said when you edit the iFruit order using Charles that is the category shown for those colors. Would really like to see them make a "Satin" category for them as you had mentioned, as that makes a lot more sense to me but this is R* we are talking about so who knows. That spreadsheet is a great reference for RGB though if you are using Crew colors.

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:30 AM Edited by ZANTHERA, 12 April 2015 - 04:01 PM.

More Colors!

Primary Crew: Classic Taxi Yellow #704F16 (Made from the Hex code of Worn Taxi Yellow and then darkened to not make it super bright) 
Wheel Color: Anthracite Black

8aQbth0.png

lUO162N.png

Primary Crew: Classic Dark Red #190500
Secondary Classic: Black
Wheel Color: Black

eDAwJc4.png

9F6UimV.png

Primary Crew: Classic Taxi Yellow #704F16
Secondary Matte: Black
Wheel Color: Crew Taxi Yellow

H7MEBPk.png

oiBUSg8.png

Primary Brushed: Dark Steel / Pearl Frost White
Secondary Brushed: Dark Steel
Wheel Color: Chrome

aQz1Hvh.png

• MitchMaljers, TheGoodSgtScooter, Quiet Riot and 1 other like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:44 AM Edited by elfoam, 12 April 2015 - 09:51 AM.

0.jpg]

Also a quick side note, have the 360 and PS3 versions been downgraded since when they were first launched? it literally felt like going from GTA V to San Andreas when i was testing these colors, my eyes actually started hurting because of all the jagged lines and low quality textures.

The graphics haven't changed I don't think but the frame rate and draw distance have got progressivly worse with each patch, 1.17 was the one which finished the old consoles being playable. I revisited the save editor on ps3 myself recently. Worn co!our and metallics with matte pearls has always given the best ook because the other paints in this game don't display in a realistic way, they are far too shiny/reflective and it's always bothered me. If so to mp was likely to happen again on ps3 I'd spend more time in the editor but the chance is low so it's pretty much a waste of time. A modded ps3 is the best option.

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:59 PM Edited by ZANTHERA, 13 April 2015 - 12:55 PM.

0.jpg]

The graphics haven't changed I don't think but the frame rate and draw distance have got progressivly worse with each patch, 1.17 was the one which finished the old consoles being playable. I revisited the save editor on ps3 myself recently. Worn co!our and metallics with matte pearls has always given the best ook because the other paints in this game don't display in a realistic way, they are far too shiny/reflective and it's always bothered me. If so to mp was likely to happen again on ps3 I'd spend more time in the editor but the chance is low so it's pretty much a waste of time. A modded ps3 is the best option.

Its quite sad really, i have seen several videos of someone using a mod menu on the 360/PS3 and they are able to change the color to what ever Rockstar color or any color at all whilst sitting in the car on the street! They can also change the texture to be anything, Chrome, Matte, Metal, Metallic, Worn, Classic. Literally anything they want they can do.

Yet Rockstar

1. Restricts us to the super over bright colors of L.S.C.

2. Makes it so that it takes freaking hours worth of time and research to make a decent Crew color that does not look like My Little Pony spew.

3. For some reason wont let us have our own Hex color modifier in L.S.C. to make whatever color we want in what ever texture we want when it is obviously completely possible!

• youngy177, BigJoe_1, elfoam and 2 others like this

Captain Owlfeg
  • Captain Owlfeg

• Facade Corporation
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:04 PM

I have a color to add!

Primary Crew: 1956 Chevrolet Dusk Plum [60, 30, 38 #3C1E26]

Secondary Classic: Black

enXL7Ao.png

Spoiler

Enjoy!

• Arms Dealer, MitchMaljers, bluefoxx and 1 other like this

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:36 PM Edited by EMAGDN1M, 13 April 2015 - 04:36 PM.

You're arguing with the wrong person about anything Rat Loaders. Sorry bud.

The one in neckbeard's video is a Classic paintjob. You're the completely utterly wrong, gullible fool.

I've dealt with over 100 rat loaders in the save editor alone. I've painted a Rat Loader literally every colour in the game and every unobtainable colour. They spawn in Matte Grey, Matte Black, and Matte Red. Sadly, the Rat Loader is the only rusty vehicle that DOES NOT spawn in Worn paint jobs. Trust me, i wish they did. But, they don't. End of story.

no youre right im sorry,

i didnt go back far enough in that vid to see what he started with. i saw the sheen and i was like OK PROOF. i was over zealous. 

Zanthera, chill out man. we can have an argument as part of a discussion. i did get a little too prematurely 'definitive' but i was glad to be proven wrong, so that i know what im talking about. relax.

but they do spawn in other colors. i found a green custom npc one before i kept my dk grey one. its too bad that none are worn with that little bit of sheen. so you mustve seen the other levels of rust too, do you have any documentation on what they look like? the differences between the levels of patina? whats your favorite color then? i might switch it back to a light blue cuz i love the look of the baby blue farm/parts truck. but hated my glossy shine on my old one.

ZANTHERA
  • ZANTHERA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Ah i had forgotten about the pics of the wear levels, ill try to get some done today.

EMAGDN1M
  • EMAGDN1M

trust blocks creep

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Ah i had forgotten about the pics of the wear levels, ill try to get some done today.

thanks that would be sweet. idk if you could specifically do it with ratloaders, and if its too time consuming or whatever, dont worry about it. ill just find em and decide then to keep em or not. i need a new garage. give me 40!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users