Worst accident you survived?

36 replies to this topic
don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:51 PM

Just curious, if anyone wants to share (if you don't than that's fine) a story about the worst car accident you survived.  I've personally been in more car accidents than personally i'd like, from minor to major ones.

I'd guess the worst one i was ever in was when i was about 7 years old, i was riding in the backseat of a Camry with my two best friends, and the three older sisters of one of my best friends.  Going up a two way street with business on each side, we were blindsided on the passenger side by a Ford Explorer pulling out of a parking lot that wasn't paying attention, the impact pushed us right into the oncoming lane where we were crushed by a speeding Ford F350 diesel dully truck, that never stopped after the crash.  The car crushed like an accordion, but other than the girl sitting on my right who was bleeding in her head by all the shattered glass, nobody was seriously hurt.  Strange, because the car was unidentifiable after the second impact.  Not sure why the dually truck never stopped.  By way of fault, the driver of the Explorer was at fault for the whole thing.  Despite a high number of witnesses, they never caught the guy in the truck. (surprise there)

Of course we all went to the hospital to be checked out.  I'm not sure if the doctor was trying to make everyone feel better or what but he noted that the mildness of the injuries was due to all of us being of young age.  (at the time i think the oldest person was the girl driving @18 years).  It was surreal, almost like a miracle.  Logically speaking, he said older people with older bones could have easily of been fatalities in this particular incident.  I'd think it was both.

If anyone would care to share, please do.  Don't be bothered to share if you can't do so without becoming overly emotional or personal.  You don't necessarily have to be specific if it makes you uncomfortable, a general story and pictures speak a million words.  

Only reason i bring this up is because I've noticed over the years that people are just starting to drive worse and worse.  I don't know if driving school is becoming more lenient or if people just give no fuxks any more..  Remember that you're more likely to be killed in a car crash than virtually anything else that's not a disease or cancer!  Drive Safe!!  (and if you're going to drive like a dick, at least know what you're doing, how to actually handle your car and learn some defensive driving..  otherwise, you're just a tool.)

peace

xolov
  • xolov

Trick

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:24 PM Edited by elias7001, 03 April 2015 - 05:26 PM.

The worst accident I was in was when I were 5, me and my morther was driving her '86 Camry like this

Spoiler

when we were driving a Toyota Hiace like this

Spoiler
was driving around 30 km/h over the speed limit and it crashed in our car. Everyone was fine, except the Camry had some minor damage. strange enought the passangers of the Hiace was my best friend and his father, my friends father paid my mother a bit money for damage of the car.

161isaiah161
  • 161isaiah161

I love cats

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:42 PM

I've survived a car rolling over several times

hoopz71
  • hoopz71

GREEN N WHITE THRU N THRU, Here we go to 5 in a row

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:59 PM

Not technically an accident but I got stabbed & died twice

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

We were driving down the highway in our Yugo and my dad lost control of it and smashed the right side into that fence next to the road.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:19 PM

If we didn't survive, I doubt we would be posting.

Worst accident you've been involved in?

• El Diablo, sivispacem, Ciaran and 6 others like this

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:52 PM

If we didn't survive, I doubt we would be posting.

Worst accident you've been involved in?

Best contribution ever.

• Shmoopy and HeavyDuke like this

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:25 PM

You're damn right it is.

Especially if it teaches you to make sense.

• Android likes this

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:35 AM

Im pretty sure you got the idea..

Anyways back O/T yeah?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:29 AM

I drove my Mum's car into our house front wall accidentally. Cracked the front bumper.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:15 AM

Nothing too serious. Wrote off this Holden last November, the thing had bald tires and as I was going around a corner I spun out and wrecked into this big ass metal barrier.

D054BDv.jpg

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

My worst accidents were two car crashes and one nasty fall from bicycle.

In one crash a van ran red light and crashed into the left side of the car I was in (I was a passenger,on the right side).That was my first traffic accident ever,but I wasn´t injured,just a little shocked.

In the second crash a car also ran red light and crashed into the right side of the car I was in (I was passenger again).I also wasn´t injured in that crash either.

I fell from a bike because I was going down hill and the brakes were weak,so I tried putting my feet down and stopping that way,but I fell instead.I injured my ankle (almost broke it) and also got some scratches and bruises.

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

sideways using handbrake through round a bout lost control into telegraph pole. 84 Ford laser (first car). just me in car.

fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into parked car. Prelude (the pop up lights model). just me in car.

Came around a corner too quick hit oil patch ran up arse of parked car which pushed into car in front of it sandwiching 3 cars and they only stopped there cause the 4th was a truck that didnt move. DUI. Full car, 5 people. ESP XE Falcon.

All cars total write off's and no injuries just fines as cops came to all of them.

chris
  • chris

Everton FC

• The Connection

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:36 PM

Been involved in two bad accidents and been somewhat fortunate with both, first I don't remember because I was just a small child, that happened in a taxi on a motorway, basically some dude hit the taxi from behind around 70mph, the taxi spun and smashed into a barrier, everybody in taxi had whiplash injuries so fairly minor considering the speed and nature of crash. The second accident was rather surreal, a few months after passing my test I took a corner too quickly in bad conditions in a car not made for going quick! About half way through the bend I knew I'd gone in too fast, next thing I know i'm travelling sideways, mid air, speed was 55mph before I left the road into a field, where the car fell back on it's wheels, my cousin played football the day after, I escaped with brusing to the right side of my body as the car landed sideways and I must've fell onto the door but otherewise I was okay.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

Well it didn't feel like something that would've killed us but it left my mom a slipped disc and if I were one of those stupid kids who didn't wear their seat belt then I probably wouldn't be here right now. It was April last year and we were heading to the commissary (on base) and it was rush hour. We were about to head down a slight hill and a lot of traffic was backed up at the light. A Directv van was riding our ass by the way.So after about a minute it turned green and eventually we started moving. Well, this Tahoe in front of us slammed on his brakes, so my mom did the same thing to avoid hitting him. Well we come to a stop and about a second later, as if the Directv van behind us hadn't noticed that we stopped moving, we were rear ended hard and pushed into the Tahoe in front of us. Well about a week later we found out the car was totaled and it was pretty clear that the driver in the van wasn't paying attention. He kept acting funny and accusing us of already running into the guy in front of us. But currently we're still in a pending lawsuit. This accident kind of f*cked my parents up money-wise a few months afterwards but things are definitely a lot better now.

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:24 AM

I did open a thread explaining what happed last year... Not a good nigh to remember.

http://gtaforums.com...saturday-night/

CoreyDog2014
  • CoreyDog2014

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:34 PM Edited by CoreyDog2014, 19 September 2015 - 07:36 PM.

Had two biggish accidents within a year. Young, inexperienced and thought I was better than I was.

At 17 riding a motorcycle too quickly in bad conditions. Ran wide on a corner into wet leaves, bike spun from under me and threw me off. Slide 50 metres down the road and into the back of a Chrysler Neon parked at a junction.

Very lucky really, came away with just cuts and bruises. Still have two scars on back of my hand though were scrapped along road after glove got torn off.

Second at 18 in a Peugeot 106 XSi.

Again, going too fast. Rover 400 pulled out of a side road in front of me (misjudged my speed) I swerved to avoid but clipped rear corner of Rover with my front corner. Rolled my car into a 3 foot high stone wall which then launched me back into the air and somehow managed to land other side of the wall in a front garden on my wheels.

Got a concussion, damaged my left knee and broke my right hand. I count myself lucky again. Had 4 Police cars, 2 Fire Engines and 2 Ambulances along with a road closure.

Learnt my lesson after that and realised I was a cocky and awful driver (Like most 18 year olds are).

Took advanced driving lessons (passed my advanced test), got my race license then took an instructors course to teach advanced driving which I do to this day. All young drivers should take advanced lessons.
  • sivispacem likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

Which advanced driving qualification did you do? I had RoSPA for a few years via pool but it lapsed when I left my old job. ARDS as well? I had National B sa few years back though I never actually used it for anything.

CoreyDog2014
  • CoreyDog2014

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Which advanced driving qualification did you do? I had RoSPA for a few years via pool but it lapsed when I left my old job. ARDS as well? I had National B sa few years back though I never actually used it for anything.

Currently have RoSPA Gold and IAM + IAM observers. Not actually taught anyone for IAM for about 5 years though so that's probably lapsed by now, really need to do the refresher.

I generally train fleet drivers for companies as brings insurance costs for organisation down and improve eco driving.
  • sivispacem likes this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

That was how I got RoSPA. Nice to see another member with an interest in advanced driving here.

Ever done any competitive racing?

CoreyDog2014
  • CoreyDog2014

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:16 PM

That was how I got RoSPA. Nice to see another member with an interest in advanced driving here.

Ever done any competitive racing?

Not yet, I started doing track days in a Rover 220 Turbo I bought for the fun of it and considered doing competitive in Auto Cross so got the license then took a new job, moved house so had to sell the toy and never got chance.

Still love to do it but its just finding the time (and money now!)

How about yourself? Any track time?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Plenty of track time but aside from a bit of amateur rallying when I was much younger, nothing competitive. When I was younger and had more time and less commitments I ran a Lysholm 'charged Corrado, did quite a lot of track time in that, plus owned an M20 swapped E21 for a ring trip. Also did the 'ring in my old B5 S4 and twice on bikes, but not been on a track in a couple of years now.

Wanted to get involved in hillclimbing for a while now given it's basically the local Motorsport of choice but only ever spectated so far.

CoreyDog2014
  • CoreyDog2014

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2015 - 07:14 AM

Plenty of track time but aside from a bit of amateur rallying when I was much younger, nothing competitive. When I was younger and had more time and less commitments I ran a Lysholm 'charged Corrado, did quite a lot of track time in that, plus owned an M20 swapped E21 for a ring trip. Also did the 'ring in my old B5 S4 and twice on bikes, but not been on a track in a couple of years now.

Wanted to get involved in hillclimbing for a while now given it's basically the local Motorsport of choice but only ever spectated so far.

Ooo Nurburg! Would love to go over, made plans when I had the 220 to head over with a mate with his Elise but dreaded the drive in a stiff, low, stupidly uncomfortable and very noisy 220. Is it as good as I Imagine it to be?

That's quite a line up of cars! Love the old Corrado but rare as hens teeth now. If went to get another track toy now I wouldn't know what to get, prefer older stuff, easier to work on.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

When it's dry and quiet it's good. When it's wet or busy, it's bloody terrifying. The road surface is abysmal in places and every time I've been my session's been cut short because someone crashed somewhere. It's certainly an event but it isn't really like driving on a track anywhere else- partially because it's so long and partially because of the quality of the surface.

I hear it's changed a bit in the last couple of years (a mate of mine runs a Cayman and goes down every year with a few of his work buddies), though I can't imagine it will have changed that much.

To be honest the best thing about it are the regulars and opportunities for hot laps as a passenger. Last time I went we ran into a group of Irish guys who come so often they actually have a lock-up/workshop nearby. They were running a crazy E46 M3 (Ohlins suspension, dry-carbon everything including front quarters and doors, forged BBS wheels with dry slicks and about 420bhp) and I got to ride shotgun for a hot lap. The first half was absolutely incredible- passing everything from single-seaters to supercars. About halfway through the lap, it started pissing it down but the guy barely let up at all, the rest of the lap was done basically sideways.

Irish45455
  • Irish45455

Irish45455

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:00 AM

Worst crash I was ever in was when I was seven. My grandma had just gotten a new van, a Pontiac Transport and we were driving around checking it out because it was the first new car my gram had ever had. We were driving to a place to get breakfast on this road off the highway. We missed the turn and had to pull a U-turn and this complete ass plowed straight into the back of my gram's van. The guy was doing about 45 mph and crumpled the back of the van, and muffed up his car completely. Earlier, my mom had a bad feeling, and didn't want me and my sister sitting in the third row so we sat in the middle of the car and well, we found out what the bad feeling was... The only people who got hurt in our car were me and my sister from smacking our heads together when the guy hit us, and thankfully the other guy wasn't too badly hurt, just whiplash and neck pain. It didn't bother me that I had a headache. I just felt bad for my gram because she had been saving up so long for a new car, and now that she had finally gotten it three days before, this guy had pretty much ixnayed it... And the insurance company didn't even give her half of what the car was worth.

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 March 2016 - 05:33 AM Edited by Zambrano, 14 March 2016 - 05:34 AM.

Worst in terms of how nasty was the crash, well was a car pile up during kinda rainy day. Me and some friends were heading to a my house.

All started when a SUV didnt measure the distance and hit a car that was driving slowly, later we found that a vehicle spilled diesel, the SUV hit a sedan, a compact car too close hit the SUV, then a minivan and us we could react in time. Other cars avoided us, minutes later some meter behind us two other cars collided. A police truck came to assit and get rear ended. At this point the traffic realized about the accidents and slow down. The best part, the first responder ambulance almost lost control and crashed.

We didnt get injured. But the the adrenaline rush and holding ourselves thinking that could be rear ended by a speeding car was like too much.

Ai®a©ob®a
  • Ai®a©ob®a

Godfather

• BUSTED!
  • Nauru

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:36 AM

This accident happened in 2012 despite the video date...Hit something in the road that popped my right front tire sending me into the wall and up it almost went over the top but managed to avoid that completely totaled it out.

Member's Only
  • Member's Only

• BUSTED!
  • Mars
  • Achievement unlocked: used the porkcharsui cheat

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:43 AM Edited by GradeA-Hole, 04 May 2016 - 01:45 AM.

Worst accident I have been actually happened in 2000 when I was 3 years old.

Don't remember anything at all, but it was a triple-vehicle collision. My mom's old Mitsubishi Expo was the middle car, a Toyota Tercel rear-ended us at roughly 36 mph and we crashed into the back of a greyhound-styled bus. Good thing I was in a CRS.

GROVE_IS_FOR_GSF
  • GROVE_IS_FOR_GSF

Grove is King!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 May 2016 - 11:25 PM

Worst accident I was involved in was when I was a passenger of the City Bus when somebody in a black Oldsmobile Alero sped out from a parking lot cutting us off and subsequently not giving the driver nearly enough stopping distance before slamming into the back of said Alero. After a few moments he sped away from the scene running a red light.

There appeared to be extensive damage to the Alero's rear yet for us the collision was the equivalent of a bump on the road from my Grandfather's old Cadillac due to the sheer size of the bus.

That being said I am very fortunate that was my only accident considering the driver's in my city.....Soon I will be purchasing an E-bike to commute.  :sui:

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:10 PM Edited by jpm1, 21 May 2017 - 02:11 PM.

I did open a thread explaining what happed last year... Not a good nigh to remember.

http://gtaforums.com...saturday-night/

Good post.

i had lot of accidents during my c..t teenager life. the worst i remember i was full of alcohol and gandjha, and what had to happen happened. i crashed at high speed (between 70-100 km/h) in a stone wall with a Fiat 500. hopefully like always when i had cars crashes, even if i was c..t i always put my safety belt before taking the road. i crashed numerous cars during my youth. always badly drunk. and now that that era is definitely behind, each time a cop stops me and ask me how many glasses i drank, i think to myself 'good work'. i could have died, i could have killed, or worst injured people forever. none of these ever happened. i consider myself as very, very lucky. with actual laws i would have ended up in jail several times. now in France road laws are very strict, and this is a good thing. for some reasons when i was a teenager i was a real c..t, still don't know today what really happened then..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users