• The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:46 PM Edited by Midnight Hitman, 03 April 2015 - 03:55 PM.

Since when are mentioning also shooting sistem, IV by far, i like how peds reacts to certain weapons in V but that's it,guns feel powerful, with recoil and sound better in IV, is the sh*t to clean a warehouse full of impertinent f*cks.

V is a disgrace in this field,i'll be better off with flamethrowers or crossbows.
  • Hover_Mode, Payne Killer and Honker1944 like this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hand to hand would be SA for me. Peds felt solid when they blocked your punches. Also, those new moves were cool.

Gun combat would be IV. V has a much better cover system but that's about it. IV has recoil and better sounds, the guns felt powerful.
  • SmokesWithCigs likes this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

I forgot to mention shooting in my last posts, silly me.

GTA III's Auto aim was awful on PS2, thank f*ck they fixed it in GTA VC, I think it was also fixed a little bit in the mobile version, but it only got rid of the sh*tty camera.

GTA III also didn't have crouching, this wouldn't be a problem if the fact the Police and other enemies could crouch and you couldn't.

GTA VC was perfect IMO, when aiming the camera quickly snapped into position and you could quickly aim at the right target if needed, the game also added a feature where it would aim threats instead of NPCs, while in GTA III you could accidently shoot a NPC instead of an angry cop.

SA's aiming was decent at best, free aim sucked on PS2 because it was stiff and clunky because there was no sensitivity option, but it was a bit better on PC, however the gun sounds are awful compared to III and VC, in those games each gun had a different sound to them while in SA they feel very boring or repetitive at best, they also bring back a problem from GTA III where enemies could take cover and you couldn't, a mission where this can be seen is "Saint Marks Bistro", only this time it's against the walls and not crouching, the only time you do take cover like this is a forced segment in the mission "Freefall".

Thank f*ck GTA IV had a much better guns sounds and shooting in general, however the cover system sucks but atleast crouching is still there.

GTA V's is basically GTA IV's but improved, especially the cover system, in fact the cover system was so good in GTA V that I think this is the reason why crouching is removed, there wouldn't really be a use for crouching if we have the perfect cover system, I would say more things about the gr8ness of GTA V's cover and shooting but I wanna keep this short so long story short, GTA V feels more balanced compared to GTA IV (not saying GTA IV isn't balanced).

• Algonquin Assassin and J Cobra like this

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:50 AM

I forgot to mention shooting in my last posts, silly me.

GTA III's Auto aim was awful on PS2, thank f*ck they fixed it in GTA VC, I think it was also fixed a little bit in the mobile version, but it only got rid of the sh*tty camera.

GTA III also didn't have crouching, this wouldn't be a problem if the fact the Police and other enemies could crouch and you couldn't.

GTA VC was perfect IMO, when aiming the camera quickly snapped into position and you could quickly aim at the right target if needed, the game also added a feature where it would aim threats instead of NPCs, while in GTA III you could accidently shoot a NPC instead of an angry cop.

SA's aiming was decent at best, free aim sucked on PS2 because it was stiff and clunky because there was no sensitivity option, but it was a bit better on PC, however the gun sounds are awful compared to III and VC, in those games each gun had a different sound to them while in SA they feel very boring or repetitive at best, they also bring back a problem from GTA III where enemies could take cover and you couldn't, a mission where this can be seen is "Saint Marks Bistro", only this time it's against the walls and not crouching, the only time you do take cover like this is a forced segment in the mission "Freefall".

Thank f*ck GTA IV had a much better guns sounds and shooting in general, however the cover system sucks but atleast crouching is still there.

GTA V's is basically GTA IV's but improved, especially the cover system, in fact the cover system was so good in GTA V that I think this is the reason why crouching is removed, there wouldn't really be a use for crouching if we have the perfect cover system, I would say more things about the gr8ness of GTA V's cover and shooting but I wanna keep this short so long story short, GTA V feels more balanced compared to GTA IV (not saying GTA IV isn't balanced).

GTA V's shooting and cover mechanics mixed with IV's gun sounds would be the the ultimate combat system. 

• lastmanonearth, Algonquin Assassin, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:41 AM

I change my mind, San Andre was the gta I had most fun with the melee. Good ol' spinning heel kick :)

• Payne Killer likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:58 AM

GTA IV by a long shot, followed by VCS's grappling system.

• Hover_Mode, Payne Killer and Honker1944 like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

Gunwise.... V

Melee..... I hate IV with a passion but it takes this.

JamRock7
  • JamRock7

Packing heat

• BUSTED!
  • Bahamas

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

Vice city and IV

vengeancehawk
  • vengeancehawk

Vic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:56 PM

1.) GTA IV

2.) GTA SA

3.) GTA VCS

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:35 PM

TBOGT, and it seems a bit tougher than IV or that maybe just me.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:18 PM Edited by Phoenix_Poop, 19 May 2015 - 08:19 PM.

I change my mind, San Andre was the gta I had most fun with the melee. Good ol' spinning heel kick :)

Wait you can do spinning heel kicks in SA!??!?!! I don't ever recall that, but I do remember you being able to do some neat combos in IV which does include the spinning heel kick. 

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

Hand to hand- IV for sure. I loved niko's brutal and effient counter attacks, from the roundhouse kicks, to the back fists, to the spinning heel kicks. Even how you could disarm knife or baseball bat wielding opponents and use there weapon against them. It actually took skill, and you had to perfectly time when to counter.

Gunplay- it's a mix between IV and V. I liked V's smooth cover system, but the guns in IV sounded better. And they felt much more powerful, especially with vibration on. but I would probably still give the slight edge to V. The free aim felt more natural and smooth.
  • Payne Killer and UshaB like this

The Made Man
  • The Made Man

Trappin like the Vagos

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:43 AM Edited by The Made Man, 20 May 2015 - 04:45 AM.

GTA  H2H SA easily for me. The Martial Arts combat was so smooth...

IV's H2H was god awful imo, but they made up for that with its top tier shooting mechanic/system. 

• Gigs84 likes this

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:24 AM

GTAIV

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

GTA SA melee was very good. I am not that much of an expert to explain myself with technicalities to gaming but, to put in simple words, the melee mechanics in SA felt very simple and not something scripted according to timing for launching an attack followed by an animation designed to target a specific body angle. You launch an attack and it will certainly hit as long as you are in close to the target, thus I could chain my attacks quickly to take the target down, unlike in IV where I didn't feel like in complete control of the attacks I launched more than how I time the attack to match the flow with the animation scripted or designed for a "successful" one. Many times it felt like I should have easily hit instead of missing the initial attack.
So yeah, SA appealed to me for its very smooth and natural melee fights. Its a shame that the A.I. was a complete sh*t that didn't offer a good challenge to make the melee more interesting.

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Soldier

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:53 AM

Overall V, mainly because of the improved cover system that feels a lot more dynamic and fluid compared to IV's, though I have to agree that IV's weapons had better gun sounds and felt more powerful. 

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:13 PM

GTA  H2H SA easily for me. The Martial Arts combat was so smooth...

IV's H2H was god awful.

I share this opinion and think they improved gunplay the best, in GTA V.

I would only ask that they add the option to drop a weapon, in SP.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:30 PM

lo and behold! Mods did before Rockstar - Weapon Drop

Gigs84
  • Gigs84

Haven't you ever heard of the healing power of laughter?

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:37 PM

lo and behold! Mods did before Rockstar - Weapon Drop

ib07hdzM9mHj3i_zpskkfb3tcc.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

Nobody mentions how V has weapons with little to none bulletspread/recoil to them, letting you spray with every single bullet still hitting your enemy.

• The Deadite likes this

Nitrous~
  • Nitrous~

RACINGM8

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

GTA IV and GTA SA

Weed_from_Field
  • Weed_from_Field

Against Obama's politics

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 28 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

Vice City Stories has the best combat in GTA series,yet it still not very good in recent games.

Big Gta fan
  • Big Gta fan

Grove Street,Home,At least it was before I f*cked everything up

• BUSTED!
  • Egypt

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:12 PM

san andreas then vc then iv

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

I think Ivs hand to hand combat looks overrated. All these kicks and headbutts only happen if you counter attack them, while ur actually fighting them, you can do f*ck all moves compared to gta v. In V you can do a multiple of things, to bad that dam FOOTBALL kick move ruins it

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

Hard to get something sensible from your post, but IV got separated buttons for light punch, heavy punch and kick. So you could do much more than in V with just one button for everything randomly giving you football kick, bitch slap KO, and other stupid attacks.

• Algonquin Assassin and Payne Killer like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:06 PM

Who thought a bitch slap would be a good combat move? The hell?

• Payne Killer and Honker1944 like this

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:13 PM

I do! I knocked out a female cop from Blaine County using it. It sure felt badass...

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:03 AM

V's melee sucks... end of story.
  • Algonquin Assassin, The_Anti-tragedy and UshaB like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:52 AM

Who thought a bitch slap would be a good combat move? The hell?

Well Rockstar thought that it would be a good idea. ;)

Thelema93
  • Thelema93

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:04 AM Edited by Thelema93, 03 June 2015 - 07:19 AM.

has anybody else been able to bitch slap as michael or franklin?. I've only done it as trevor. their seem to be a few attacks that are only exclusive to trevor, the head butt being another one of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users