GTAF All-Stars - characters welcome.

Gaming PS4 XB1
9,940 replies to this topic
dewtech
  • dewtech

Tied down with battleship chains

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:25 AM Edited by dewtech_2008, 25 May 2015 - 10:26 AM.

BAM-Lola-11.jpg

Think these are better here again, the car pics from Ace's meet last night - I've put a load of the character pics in the character thread

BAM-Lola-28.jpg

BAM-Lola-22.jpgBAM-Lola-20.jpgBAM-Lola-21.jpgBAM-Lola-17.jpg

BAM-Lola-13.jpgBAM-Lola-12.jpgBAM-Lola-14.jpgBAM-Lola-15.jpgBAM-Lola-16.jpg

The 2 active All-star members - Lola and Blossom (to the left, with added Crossedsabre's on the right)

BAM-Lola-29.jpg

• wanes, Fonshway, Commander S and 3 others like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

OK - considering that X Sap4321 and I have all said "hmm... we ought to have a car meet on Xbox One soon!" recently, ...we ought to have a car meet on Xbox One! :D

It'd be nice to have it a specifically 'All-Stars' event, too - but the downside there is that it'll never be a massive, full-lobby occasion if we did. AFAIK, we're barely half a full lobby combined, and that'd be halved still on either PS4 or Xbox One, even with full attendance.

- HOWEVER - 

I suggested (partly in jest at the time) maybe trying a silly 'cross-platform' event, perhaps golf (because it's easy to keep comparative score), where we hold two simultaneous competitions (one on Xbone, one on PS4), collate the results, and share everything here all at once.

That'd still be a fun, unique thing to do (says me, at least!), so let's combine that with the 'car meet' idea, and make the whole thing feel like a big social 'event' - sound good?

Basically, the plan'd be this:

1. Pick a day to hold the meet - ideally later this week (Thursday would be perfect for me on Xbox - I'm going to lose a lot of free time come Friday night with work stuff...). Doesn't have to be the same day for both Xbox One and PS4 - although if Sabres wants to attend both, it'd be unsporting to count both sets of scores towards the competition!  :pp

2. Making sure the in-game weather co-operates (  :rol: ), we meet in the Golf Club parking lot, set everything up, and take some snaps (preferably Snapmatic stuff, because it's easier to share 'em on Social Club - that, and they're more forum-post-friendly in terms of size/file-size) of cars and attendees. Wear what you like - it's less 'dress for golf', more 'dress to impress'. ;)

3. When we're done taking the first round of pics, we do a game of golf - can't remember the max lobby size (4?), but if necessary, we split up to do that, then meet up afterwards. For best results, we do 2 full rounds - that's holes 1-9, twice, to give the proper 18-hole competition length.

4. If people want, we can take a break between rounds, if people need to go/come back, or if people want to change outfits, swap cars, take more pics, etc. If we need to split into groups for the game, might be worth mixing up the groups for the second 9 holes.

5. Somebody at each meet (if we all do it, that's safer! ;) ) needs to screencap the final scoreboard for each game - once the meets over DON'T POST PICS OF THE SCOREBOARDS!! (because it'll have PSN IDs and Gamertags, which some folk don't want posting publicly!), but maybe PM me or another crew member, so we can collate the scores from both meets. I'm happy to do that, being the crew's 'tech support butt-monkey'...

6. Once we've got the scores, and everyone's got their pics together, we post the scores here, see who came out on top (with the winner getting a highly-coveted 'No-Prize'! :D ), and then flood this thread and any/all character-based forum threads with a deluge of our pics (and likewise car pics in the custom cars thread).

Sound good? Terrible? Underwhelmingly 'meh'? Lemme know thoughts, alternative ideas (or amendments to the above) - and suggestions as to which days are good/bad on either platform.

(Don't know if anyone in the crew's still on 360/PS3, but for the handful of PC folk, feel free to send in your contributions as well - we'll add it all together into the final mix!)

• E•MO•TION likes this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:43 AM

I hate to be that guy, but could we please redo the OP now that we're more or less established?

:p

• Commander S likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:49 AM Edited by Commander S, 28 May 2015 - 01:36 AM.

I hate to be that guy, but could we please redo the OP now that we're more or less established?

:p

No, you're right - someone HAS to be that guy, or I'll never get it done! :D

My excuse is that I've been a bit 'brain-fried' with some recent work stuff that's come in, so my heads' been full of contract stuff I've got to sort out, but I'll clear my head, and get done the introduction, 'house rules', a preliminary 'FAQ' thing done (or something similar), and the current roster with full platform info.

...and while I'm at it, finish the saga of the Criminal Mastermind run that I've not yet concluded posting! :facedesk:

[EDIT] ...and it's more or less done!  Added as many 'crew characters repping the emblem' pics as I could get my hands on, and I'm just about to get to grips with the roster - if people want to give the OP a once-over, see if there's anything needing improvement, formatting adjustments, or just stupid stuff like missing info or typos, I'd appreciate it, ta! ;)

• E•MO•TION likes this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:33 AM

[EDIT] ...and it's more or less done!  Added as many 'crew characters repping the emblem' pics as I could get my hands on, and I'm just about to get to grips with the roster - if people want to give the OP a once-over, see if there's anything needing improvement, formatting adjustments, or just stupid stuff like missing info or typos, I'd appreciate it, ta! ;)

Woah, that was fast!  :panic:

Here is my contribution to the OP:

Spoiler

• Commander S and LL Cool L like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:27 AM Edited by Commander S, 29 May 2015 - 11:25 AM.

^ Wicked - ta! Added to the OP. ;)

And I can't really call that 'fast' - took hours sat at my PC, re-drafting and hacking away at it, and that's before factoring in that it's been about 2 months since I posted that laughable effort at a placeholder post, without getting around to updating it...

Not gonna lie: my regular work pace is glacial.   :yawn:

(edit: roster post is now updated with all current members/associates - plus info as to who's on which platform, which I think is accurate. Please let me know if I've got your machine of choice wrong, folks - or if I've only listed one, and you're on several! ;) )

• E•MO•TION likes this

Legate Meridius
  • Legate Meridius

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:22 AM

I would like to ask you all a question. Does it seem like the quality of my pictures has gone down? It just feels like I haven't been as creative with them as I used to be and wanted to know what you all think.

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

I would like to ask you all a question. Does it seem like the quality of my pictures has gone down? It just feels like I haven't been as creative with them as I used to be and wanted to know what you all think.

Not at all.

Considering that my last post consisted of me dressing up as wanesyboo for the lulz, I wouldn't say your posts have lacked "quality" as of late.

Fodder.
  • Fodder.

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:26 AM Edited by Fodder., 22 March 2016 - 01:16 PM.

-

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:35 PM

^ Yeah - I think they're perfectly fine. I'm going through a similar thing m'self - I'm feeling like I'm struggling to recreate some of my pre-Heists photo tricks that I used to have down to practically a reflex action, with regards to angles, timing, filters, etc., but that's probably just me second-guessing myself, rather than any actual change in the photos I've been taking! ;)

On an unrelated note, for this proposed muscle car meet, I'm not sure about the golf bit (don't think everyone wants to spend ages doing that, somehow!), but I figured an overall format like this would work:

1. Meet up ...somewhere with just All-Stars crew members, and take a bunch of pics.

2. Do an activity of some sort - maybe just some daft thing in Freemode, or maybe some proper races or whatever.

3. At a specified time, reconvene for the second half of the meet, but open it up to friends in other crews - by personal invitation only, obviously, but it'll make up the numbers, and I know a bunch of people outside the All-Stars who would be up for it (Kelly from 'Pussi Riot's a car enthusiast, Chevyguy's not able to join the All-Stars due to having 5 crews, but would probably likewise be game to join in, etc.).

Thoughts? Any reservations or caveats?

• LL Cool L likes this

Legate Meridius
  • Legate Meridius

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Obviously, I just post here for fun and not attention but I still want to make sure I'm posting good pics that people want to see.

That sounds like a great idea Commander. The only thing I would like to add is that when we have the other people join, let's try to make sure one of us stays in charge of the meet. I have nothing against anyone that may join but I feel that since it's an All-Stars event, that an All-Star should remain in charge of it.

• LL Cool L likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:31 PM

^ That's my feeling, too - to the point where there needs to be a designated 'host' on each platform. Sabres is normally good for that, but not sure which he's going to be on (he might end up doing several, if they're all on different days! ;) ). I'm fine to run things on XB1 - anyone up for being the 'master of ceremonies' on the Sony side (of the street - huehuehue...)?

That, and while I'm open to having friends come along for the latter stages if that's cool with everyone, I'm not treating it like an 'open house', certainly - basically, we'll organise it with crew members, and then set a time for the 'with friends' bit, and invite named individuals to that. Likewise, it'd be done in a closed friends or invite-only session, so that the only way in is for a crew member to approve players for entry - I've seen so many non-closed crew sessions (even a crew session set to just 2 crews) get gatecrashed by infiltrators, so that needs to be avoided from the outset.

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:34 PM

I'll take Sony side if you want Shep.

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:13 PM Edited by Commander S, 30 May 2015 - 03:13 PM.

Wicked - was thinking you might be up for it, but didn't want to propose anyone out of turn. ;)

(and don't call me 'Shep', ya cheeky swine - makes me sound like someone's ageing dog!  :pp That's partly why I updated it - that, and now the 'Commander' bit's in full, it means anyone calling me such sounds like they're addressing a superior officer, which is great for inflating the ol' ego...)

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:28 PM Edited by dewtech_2008, 30 May 2015 - 03:29 PM.

10-4, no worries Shep :p

And I always thought the S implied you were the Commander with lowered suspension, bigger alloys, and DAB Radio :lol:

• Commander S likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:09 PM

As if the improved acceleration wasn't enough of a giveaway! :D

(in all semi-seriousness, aside from throwing up a couple of speed-bumps for some pests on XBL, to stop them tracing me back to here/Social Club, there's only so long that you can spend with your community 'identity' being tied to a weak-sauce, throwaway Mass Effect gag... :rol: )

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:38 PM

I always thought it was a Stargate reference, then realised that's Colonel Shepherd

250px-ColonelJohnSheppard.jpg

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

^ Better than the alternative, I guess:

4kJa3Id.jpg

*crickets, tumbleweed*

...er, yeah - so car meet, then!   :whistle:

• E•MO•TION and LL Cool L like this

Fodder.
  • Fodder.

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2015 - 05:01 PM Edited by Fodder., 22 March 2016 - 01:17 PM.

-

• dewtech and Commander S like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:03 PM

(just realised, I made a snark about 'Shep' sounding like a dog's name, and yet I bring it full-circle by posting a pic of a pooch. Just as well I don't play in free-aim lobbies, given my predisposition towards shooting myself in the foot...  :pp)

*serious business hat on* ...so, with regards to the meet, I reckon we could have each platform on different days (and just share the results afterwards), but to get as many people - ideally everyone - involved that want to, I suggest we take a page from something I do at work, where we pick a week, then everyone says which days they can/can't do.

To get the ball rolling, I'm looking at a mostly flexible stretch starting on Thurs June 4th, right up to probably the following week on the 11th.

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

Friday nights probably best for me in that week, usually at the pub but I have an early driving start Saturday morning

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 May 2015 - 07:53 PM

OK - Friday 5th sound good to everyone/anyone else on the PS4 side? And how about similar for XB1?

With a bit of luck, we can hold everything around the same time, and do the grand 'forum-spamming' by Sunday... With a bit of luck, new DLC might have dropped on Tuesday this week, too! ;)

Legate Meridius
  • Legate Meridius

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

That day sounds fine for me. The only thing that might have interfered is an offroad racing event we are going to have for QOTD but I'm pretty much in charge of organizing that so I can make sure it's on a different day  ;)

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:09 AM

...ok, figured I'd just do things the old-fashioned way, and I've gone and PM'd every current crew member - even the few who haven't been active on the forums of late (who knows - maybe a crew event's just the thing to get them back into the swing of things?). Also done the same for people already onboard or replying about this proposed meet, simply because it means there's a general-purpose PM convo set up. ;)

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:54 AM

What time is this planned for?

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:02 AM

im down for the muscle meet if its this friday, I have work early in the morning on saturday so if its really late or early in the AM for me (UK) ill have to make a brief appearance....but ill try and show up at least!

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:43 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 01 June 2015 - 05:05 PM.

5th is OK for me too, on the PC side. Anyone else on PC?

[EDIT] Ideally someone else taking the pics, as my toaster of a PC is on normal settings and they`ll look like Hiroshima :( .

dewtech
  • dewtech

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:49 PM

Wouldn't be late for me either LL as I have a car show the next day, think it's about a 5am start :(

Although it looks like it might just be us too, PS4 appears to be having difficulties holding members lately :(

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:54 PM Edited by 2281, 01 June 2015 - 08:06 PM.

Well about f*cking time.  :panic:

http://www.rockstarg...oming-next-week

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:45 PM Edited by Commander S, 01 June 2015 - 09:45 PM.

5th is OK for me too, on the PC side. Anyone else on PC?

[EDIT] Ideally someone else taking the pics, as my toaster of a PC is on normal settings and they`ll look like Hiroshima :( .

Bit of luck, X S might just be on the PC one as well - the benefit of him being the 'ambassador' on every current platform! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users