GTAF All-Stars - characters welcome.

Gaming PS4 XB1
9,940 replies to this topic
LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:07 AM Edited by LL Cool L, 26 April 2015 - 08:13 AM.

what's happening today? anything going down?

2281, Fonshway and I had a nice little session in the wild the other day.....wasn't planned or nething

ill post some snaps and screens here and on the screenshots thread later on

2281 and shway took some crazy good shots

and I have a few screenshots....to go with

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

As far as I know, there is nothing planned for today.

I think it may be time to move on your Mt. Chilliad trip, but I'll be unavailable next Saturday as I'll be hosting an event for another crew.
  • LL Cool L likes this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

As far as I know, there is nothing planned for today.

I think it may be time to move on your Mt. Chilliad trip, but I'll be unavailable next Saturday as I'll be hosting an event for another crew.

yhh I think so too

dunno it would be a good idea to have like two of the same type of event, on ps and xbox....then XS can be in both pictures lol

Legate Meridius
  • Legate Meridius

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:37 AM

Hey everyone  :)  I figured that since I am now officially on the XB1 that I would share my gamertag here so I could maybe join some of the fun I've seen in pics. My gt is Legate Meridius. My social club profile is ap4321.

Spoiler

• Commander S and LL Cool L like this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

Hey everyone  :)  I figured that since I am now officially on the XB1 that I would share my gamertag here so I could maybe join some of the fun I've seen in pics. My gt is Legate Meridius. My social club profile is ap4321.

Spoiler

Glad to have you on board!

It's a shame that we may never get to meet though. :(
  • Commander S, Legate Meridius and LL Cool L like this

wanes
  • wanes

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:02 AM

Spoiler

No worries, it was pretty confusing for me and I moved from 360 :pp

• Obviously, Commander S, Legate Meridius and 1 other like this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2015 - 03:32 AM

It happened.

Spoiler

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:42 AM

It happened.

Spoiler

:O you've gone to the dark side!

• E•MO•TION likes this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:49 AM Edited by Commander S, 28 April 2015 - 04:53 AM.

Spoiler

Ack - don't remind me. Took me a good few months before I realised how friend requests work, and good luck enduring the patience-testing nightmare that is the Upload app... :rol:

Sent you an invitation now - should hopefully be obvious who it is who sent it! ;) GT's on my R*SC page - as is customary for the crew, feel free to add me on XBL (...or not, as the case may be!! :D ).

• Legate Meridius likes this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

:O you've gone to the dark side!

Yes, I know... #PCMasterRace. :p

As much as the consoles leave so much more to be desired, I only considered building my own PC following the release of Cities: Skylines - because I'm nerdy like that. Given that GTA V has since been released for PC as well, I thought I would purchase it one more time and mod the f*ck out of it.

In case you're wondering, I have no intention of playing GTA Online on PC because well, I have no one on PC to play with lol
  • LL Cool L likes this

Obviously
  • Obviously

Steak With Grilled Cheese

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

Spoiler

I'm still confused over the menu. 

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:22 PM Edited by Commander S, 28 April 2015 - 07:37 PM.

Right - after much hype and Imgur uploading, here's my perspective of the recent, successful, epic (and other positive superlatives!) Criminal Mastermind (& Loyalty/All-in-Order challenges!) run, with crew members wanes, Choppers and character thread/GTAF veteran X S!

Took a lot of work - mainly due to the Fleeca Job being bugged for quite a while (I've lost count of how many times we ended up doing it, over the course of the practice run, plus setting up the challenge), as well as the usual CM problem of it not tracking straight away. Tip on that front: helps if you do some setup missions (or even a full heist) with the full team before doing Fleeca for the challenge, because then the game not only resets your progress properly for Fleeca, but also has had some time to register the existance of the full team before you split it in half for the initial heist.

Did that purely by accident on the first run, btw. - we'd done Fleeca, started the Prison Break setups, and it stopped tracking the awards progress, but we decided to persevere anyway. Then I accidentally joined the 'Popov' team for the Wet Work setup (instead of the 'Town Hall' team, which I was supposed to be doing, having practiced it) - my lousy stealth skills got us spotted, I managed to kill Popov, but then I got trapped while escaping and murdered for my trouble.  :*( We figured it was 'challenge over', so we started from Fleeca again, ...and it actually tracked properly this time. So yeah - I'm just going to retroactively claim I deliberately fumbled the ball to get us to restart, because I knew it was going to help get the award to work. Yeah!  :D

Quick post-successful-Fleeca-Job drinks with X S - this being from the actual CM one:

Zr2HNLX.jpg

The Prison Break went a lot smoother second time around (in the practice runs, we had everything go wrong including the police car exploding, the aforementioned botched stealth mission, Pussi Riot crewmember Gattuso getting shot in the face after a cop randomly saw through her disguise in an earlier practice, etc. - !!) - but then, once you've compiled a laundry-list of what not to do, it's just a case of ...not doing any of that again!  :pp

Rocking the 'Doctor Doom' look after wanes successfully nabbed the Velum - see also X S' bloodstained Kuruma, which we used to mop up the Vagos:

nESUOsK.jpg

Not so much 'Parks and Recreation' as Officers 'Park and Pantsless' - think this was from the aborted attempted (y'know, the one where I died... I'm never going to live that down, am I? :p ):

E8Y0AGZ.jpg

Wet Work went to plan this time (mainly due to me being on the correct team...!!) - wanes managed to snap-shot both lawyers in mere seconds, and then we high-tailed it into my Kuruma for a safe getaway.

Only marginal confusion came when we stopped, and (since we did the entire run mic-less) there was a bit of ambiguity as to who was supposed to pick up the deposition. We both got out, wanes picked it up, and ...Kelly got a face-full of LSPD shotgun rounds for her trouble. :miranda: 

Nothing worth worrying about, obviously - wearing full armour and a mask, which rendered the entire thing cosmetic at best. Still, a few pellets must have got through the slits in the mask, because ouch...  :blink: 

vhONAsC.jpg

JFNtprl.jpg

wanes, driven to drink by my constant clumsy oafishness...

NNcHPFp.jpg

We had a bit of down-time before hitting Bolingbroke - quick selfie action with Choppers (including the obligatory 'Kelly's going to squint riiiiight when the shutter closes' shot):

FjDCs0U.jpg

kPZ7xNs.jpg

Choppers, taking advantage of an unsuspecting wanes (cheeky! :sly: ):

rAST76g.jpg

mL2ULvq.jpg

No hard feelings, though - as proved by a quick 'kiss and make out up' afterwards:

yv6H0iS.jpg

X S, helping to maintain a bit of refinement by suiting up for the occasion:

SH740kZ.jpg

With all that out of our collective systems (*ahem!*  :blush: ), on to the finale - we'd had a couple of close calls with the Velum at Sandy Shores, where the plane nearly got rammed into rocks by cop cars, or a swerving N.O.O.S.E. Granger. I'm pretty secure in doing it 'by the book', but we decided to look for a safer alternative, and I found what looked like a good'un, south of the prison/north of Madrazo's estate:

3pUEi7c.png

Seemed good in theory (the trees and lack of ground access make it harder to get swamped by cars, and there's enough level ground to safely put the plane down - plus taking off to the east takes the plane over a slope and the freeway with no obstruction, then through a gap in the wind farm that'd nevertheless deter pursuing helicopters). Did a couple of practice runs in Freemode with a regular Velum, and it worked pretty securely - just needed to see how it'd pan out with a 5-star wanted level...

Avengers - Snooze Assemble! :D

CfVIiFU.jpg?1

(you really want to put your trust in THAT as your getaway pilot?)

Can't speak for what was going on with the ground team, but the jet pursuit went a leeeeettle bit hairier than normal - darn thing led me on a wild goose chase almost as far down as the oil fields, and when I decided to just give it the slip (hoping it wouldn't notice), it suddenly turned and got a missile lock, for the first time ever! Managed to lead it to Choppers' waiting Buzzard (nighty-night, jet! :die: ), and just had enough time to put the plane down - fortunately, wanes remembered the change of landing spot instead of Sandy Shores, and ...it worked like a charm! All the police forces got pooled around the trees, and didn't come any closer (because they'd probably end up over-shooting and falling down the bank), giving the riot van a clear shot at the Velum. Minor moment of panic when the plane started heading over the freeway but wasn't pulling up, but that proved to be a false alarm, and it was home and dry from there on. So far, so good for the $12 million!! :happy:

qQRO4pA.gif

Bit of post-heist celebrating - took the limo out for a spin, then wanes and Choppers played a bit of dress-up:

PMzHhKs.jpg

Quick joyride in the A-Team van, then we parted ways - until next time, team!

4e6GRyp.jpg

v4mdyjv.jpg

Part 2 coming soon...

• E•MO•TION, wanes, Choppers and 2 others like this

Verstappen
  • Verstappen

Welcome aboard the Disneyland Monorail

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

E8Y0AGZ.jpg

Wait, Wanes wore pants?!  :O

• E•MO•TION, Choppers and Commander S like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

^ You've got to admire the dedication and self-sacrifice for the cause - in fairness, we did repay the favour threefold...  :pp 

Jw8wi57.jpg

• E•MO•TION, wanes, Choppers and 4 others like this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2015 - 03:44 AM

This is no doubt the best thing about the PC version.

r0F3bvc.jpg

:D

• Android, Commander S and LL Cool L like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 30 April 2015 - 04:08 AM Edited by Commander S, 30 April 2015 - 04:09 AM.

^ Did you get the PC version, then?

To think at one point, I'd just be starting on new-gen GTAO now - the original plan was to shell out on a top-of-the-line custom gaming rig, but then I had to use that money for business stuff, and the Xbone was the more budget-conscious alternative.

Would like to upgrade (again!) in the fullness of time (in the unlikely event that I ever have a spare two grand fall into my lap... :rol: ), but I'm in two minds as to start new characters on that, or run concurrent 'parallel universe' versions of my existing characters (or just try and keep them as close as possible in terms of PVs and whatnot, so it feels like playing the same cross-platform).

Oh, and that screenshot just makes me dream of a time where I'd be cruising along Pacific Highway in something like my shiny new paid-for-in-award-money Infernus, with THIS on the stereo...:

:inlove:

• AAR and Obviously like this

Obviously
  • Obviously

Steak With Grilled Cheese

• The Yakuza
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

Im still not sold on getting GTA for the PC. 

Lobbies on the Xbone are barely full as it is and the game been out for months. 

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Run N Gun KillaZ

• Members
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos 2015

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:56 AM Edited by Fonshway, 06 May 2015 - 06:40 PM.

I made this for the crew:

gtaf%20all%20stars%20emblem_zpsk1kslohg.

Then there's this version:

gtaf%20emblem%20all%20stars_zpsj5rxecpo.

Then this one:

gtaf%20all%20stars%20emblems%20stars_zps

What do you guys think?

• E•MO•TION, wanes, Commander S and 1 other like this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 09:50 PM

What do you guys think?

I f*cking love the second one.

• wanes and Fonshway like this

Legate Meridius
  • Legate Meridius

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

I've mentioned electrocuting my character a few times in the other thread so now that I'm on XB1 and can now record it, I decided give it a shot. Here is a short montage of me electrocuting my character  :lol:

http://gameclipscont...b628b8f0040b846

Spoiler

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

What do you guys think?

I f*cking love the second one.

See, I like the first one best for in-game, but the second one would be perfect for the main post on this page, as a big crew thread emblem. :)

Btw, Fonshway, I've set the crew to 'open' so you can upload 'em all, as requested! ;)

I actually tried some VERY sh*tty mock-ups of a single-colour version, that might work well at any size in-game without getting all pixellated and horrible when reduced (as well as working on a multitude of colour backgrounds, since it's just a silver outline) - excuse the REALLY poor quality, as I simply did some messing around in MS Paint, which isn't exactly known for turning out masterpieces! :p

First one's similar to 'Shway's first one - single star on 'Claude':

Vn3yWPA.png

Second, I wanted to do a sort of 'military patch' vibe, with three stars over the skyline - did a rather shoddy job of lowering the skyscrapers to fit them, but you get the idea:

lYvt30c.png

And then there's the 'everything but the kitchen sink' version, where I stuck the jacket star back on as well:

La0uNiK.png

Thoughts? For the record, I used this image as the basis for those:

oICwn.png

There's also one in silver/blue, but I think that might not work so well on different colours (if people wanted to apply them to vehicles, say):

4f7ZCPj.png

• E•MO•TION and Fonshway like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

all them logos look wicked guys....im diggin em

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Run N Gun KillaZ

• Members
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos 2015

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:07 AM Edited by Fonshway, 14 May 2015 - 04:19 AM.

Re-edited this one to make it look cleaner..

gtaf%20emblem%20all%20stars%20logooo_zps

• E•MO•TION, wanes, Commander S and 1 other like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:58 AM

Just been uploading some stuff from an earlier session with ap4321, modelling the shiny new crew emblem (thanks again, Fonshway:) ) - little sneak preview for now:

oIonIllqg02TrkiylapdpQ_0_0.jpg

• Fonshway, Legate Meridius and LL Cool L like this

Fonshway
  • Fonshway

Run N Gun KillaZ

• Members
  • United-States
  • Miss Los Santos 2015

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:03 PM Edited by Fonshway, 20 May 2015 - 08:37 PM.

You ladies be making the emblem look twice as sexy with it on your shirts ;D

Lexi Repping the crew with the new emblem :colgate:

wm9FzkdLDUGDl_PFj9PZbg_0_0.jpg
  • wanes, Commander S, Legate Meridius and 1 other like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:46 AM

As promised, full photoshoot blow-out from the other day! :)

ap4321, sporting a crew colour tee, with the small emblem:

CRP8LLQQ30mTOIH6ti76HQ_0_0.jpg

l737SmdSQEWkoEhpjZawOw_0_0.jpg

sU0s5BXgYEivX5Yqsd2vfg_0_0.jpg

...and later using a pale blue tee for better contrast, with the large-size emblem:

QmqGN_QfmEyeLOVEqsOAew_0_0.jpg

TDg8wbJeAEuF9IYsWVIRAg_0_0.jpg

75qzH-UqFEezzxh4M8FfgQ_0_0.jpg

5mh3U3ge7UKeE_QZF2eZqQ_0_0.jpg

Bonus action shots:

Spoiler

Also, some screencaps from the quick Fleeca Job we ran for cutscene purposes!

dcR9dvr.jpg

Spoiler

LrCNJu2.jpg

• wanes, Fonshway, Legate Meridius and 1 other like this

Legate Meridius
  • Legate Meridius

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:02 AM

Here are the pics I took. Not as many but my girl seems to be a better model than photographer.

pejKU5n.jpg

j3rPYNf.jpg

MxSzr5I.jpg

4tD8Cef.jpg

Yes, I'm taking pics  :p

QV45B7R.jpg

I feel this one is the best that I took  :)

Y0giE3g.jpg

• wanes, Fonshway, Commander S and 1 other like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

^ Like that one as well - and the 'neutral pose' one in front of the canals. It's been pretty exhaustively proved that Kelly is a terrible photo subject, so in hindsight, wasn't my best choice of model (should have gone 'myself' - what's the old adage about wanting a job done properly? :p ).

Either that, or just have standing orders to 'stay absolutely still - don't pose, move, or BLINK - for at least 10 minutes'... Still, great photos, ap - and once again, fab work on the emblem, 'Shway! :)

Also, great to see that X S is now on board, which retroactively makes the Criminal Mastermind run we (me, Xwanes and Choppers) did a while back a full 'GTAF All-Stars' run! Still have to post the remaining recaps of that epic undertaking - will get on that very soon...

• Fonshway likes this

E•MO•TION
  • E•MO•TION

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:39 AM

How do I look? :p

ZJytR58.jpg

Epo5Cfz.jpg

• wanes, Fonshway, Commander S and 1 other like this

Fodder.
  • Fodder.

-

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:14 AM Edited by Fodder., 21 March 2016 - 03:03 PM.

-

• E•MO•TION likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users