Emblem created by the awesome Fonshway!
Welcome to the GTAForums All-Stars - a dedicated social crew for any GTAF members who enjoy creating original GTA Online characters, and sharing their creations here on the forums!
Created in response to the great social 'hub' that's grown around the 'Screenshots Topic: Show Your Character' thread, a handful of us forum members decided to take it one step further, and establish a Social Club crew - both to help make photo meets and events easier to organise, and also to allow thread contributors to find like-minded players to meet and collaborate with in-game.
In other words, if the following apply sound familiar:
- You like to post screenshots, selfies and stories featuring your GTAO character(s) in the various character-based threads, and want to meet up/play with other forum posters who you interact with in those threads,
- You enjoy ambitious projects like machinima, 'cosplay'/recreations, car meets and other photo events, and want players/a crew that focuses on teaming up for those kinds of things,
- You've simply seen some of the interesting creative things people do online with their custom characters and share on the forums, and wanted to get involved with all that,
...then this might just be the crew you've been looking for!
The main function of the crew is as a 'networking tool', to allow forum members to share contact information on Rockstar Social Club (XBL Gamertag, PSN ID, etc.), group Snapmatic pics under the crew tag for easy access, and use the in-game 'crew session' functions for organising game lobbies for photo events - whether that be a car meet, Heist session, or just some impromptu socialising!
In other words, there's no strict 'rules' for membership - unlike some of the stricter crews (or roleplay-heavy ones), there are no requirements about 'having to wear the emblem at meets', 'mandatory attendance at events', 'spot-checks on who's using the crew tag', 'you can only use these vehicles', 'this is your only crew', etc. Nope - none of that...
The in-game crew emblem (created by Fonshway!) doesn't have to be used if you don't want - it's more for the Social Club page, as well as an option for those members who feeling like repping for the crew in-game! We currently don't allow other emblems for things like car recreations or cosplay, however - the current emblem settings prevent the All-Stars badge from being saved, so members, PLEASE don't try to swap it out, or else you'll most likely delete Fonshway's hard work!!
The default crew colour of 'dark teal/slate-blue' (hex code: #2B4255) might be familiar - it's the GTAForums background colour! Again, like the emblem, you don't have to use the crew colour for your personal vehicles, or wear a crew-colour shirt - nor do you have to use the crew emblem in conjunction with the colour - it's simply there as the default custom colour option. However, unlike the emblem, it's easy to swap for another colour and back again, so we do allow the option to request switching to another hex colour, if a member has a custom colour they want to use for whatever purpose.
The criteria for membership are few, and pretty straightforward:
1. Be a GTAForums member (obviously!)
2. Post frequently* in any of the following 'character pic' threads:
- Run anything by an admin - by PM or posting in this thread - and wait for a reply, if you need assistance with anything. For example, if you want to invite a friend, ask an admin first, and they'll let you know if your request's been approved. Same with changing the crew colour, motto and anything else - don't just go and do it without asking, because that way lies chaos! Get admin approval - and in return, the admins will endeavour to deal with all requests as quickly as possible.
- DON'T change the emblem, or try to upload a new one!! Not for the time being, at least - as mentioned before, it's currently not possible to save the All-Stars emblem, so changing it will only delete it, which we don't want to happen!!
- Ideally, use THIS thread (aka the crew's dedicated GTAForums 'hub') to organise crew events and stuff in general - Social Club's good for things like collating Snapmatic images under the crew tag, and quick 150-character messages, but it's not the best social networking site around. The forum's much better, due to a more convenient 'notifications' system, and there's no character limit on posts or PMs. Besides, this is a GTAForums-created crew, designed to help forum members share their activities in forum threads - the Social Club side of things is more to create in-game networking tools, like crew sessions.
- Don't post info about non-crew events on the All-Stars Social Club Page, or in this thread, even if a lot of crew members are involved. This is to avoid crew members thinking that such events are 'All-Stars events', trying to attend, and being excluded. Keep crew 'hubs' limited to crew activities, please!
- Feel free to post any and all images and exploits of you and other crew members in this thread, though! Been at a (non-crew) friend's car meet or heist session with other crew memebrs, and don't want to spam other forum threads with loads of pics? That's what this thread's for (among other things)!
- Probably doesn't need saying (what with y'all being lovely, sociable folks an' all! ), but the only thing we're absolutely strict on is the usual 'zero-tolerance of hate speech/bullying' stuff. No racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia, transphobia, or any other bullying/victimisation is acceptable - likewise, everyone's got their own political/religious views, but that's often a divisive area, so please 'agree to disagree' if you have to, rather than people getting into fights over who thinks who is right/wrong over what.
- Likewise, this thread is a social hangout where nothing's really 'off-topic' per se - but that being said, try to keep things relatively clean and 'user-friendly' when it comes to tone! In other words, avoid posting pics/videos/links/discussions that would be considered 'NSFW' - some folk find that sorta thing (understandably) off-putting, and that runs counter to the aim of this place being accessible to all comers.
Remember: this is a social crew, designed for people to enjoy the company of other, like-minded people, so if in doubt regarding how to act, just follow in the teachings of Bill & Ted, and: