Criminal Mastermind: In-depth guide

176 replies to this topic
Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:27 AM

Heres the CMM rules: start at fleeca (the team of 4 split up and run fleeca, all 4 meet up at PB (the next heist) and must go through till pac standard ending, all in order, with same team, on hard, and no deaths. If 1 person dies, YOU ALL MUST START OVER FROM FLEECA (unless all 4 pull ethernet cords, or power off ps3 (maby just quiting game right away THATS RIGHT AWAY) but has to be done BEFORE the game records the fail) but not sure if its ethernet or game off, BUT THATS WHY ITS CALLED CMM, and worth $$$10,000,000.... its not an easy challenge for some..

Out of curiosity.  Do you have to start the challenge at Fleeca?  Say you, and your crew started at Humane Labs, and went all the way through, and back around again.  Would that still count? 

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, you can't start the challenge at humane then scramble it with fleeca, prison, then series and pacific. It must be in order from Fleeca to Pacific.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:07 PM

I think he meant they just happen to be on humane. Yes you can do humane then fleeca or humane then pacific then fleeca. It doesnt matter as long as at some point you go through them all starting at fleeca. It is actually recommended to do a heist with your team before you begin fleeca to ensure you are registered as a team.

Neo. where the hell you been lol was just talkin to hanky about you yesterday 

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

I've been without internet since I moved, it might take me another month or 2 before I get back

mario_rz
  • mario_rz

Its Me Mario

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:45 PM Edited by mario_rz, 31 July 2015 - 02:57 PM.

i start the challenge yesterday with the fleeca job, but in the process show Loyalty 4/28 and Mastermind 3/28

thats normal? or maybe i dont remenber if i put the scoupe mission on normal or hard

One more question: can i play with both characters o just one in the challenge?

ShockmasterGTA
  • ShockmasterGTA

Ruling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:41 AM

i start the challenge yesterday with the fleeca job, but in the process show Loyalty 4/28 and Mastermind 3/28

thats normal? or maybe i dont remenber if i put the scoupe mission on normal or hard

One more question: can i play with both characters o just one in the challenge?

You only get the 10 mil bonus once per account.

ShockmasterGTA
  • ShockmasterGTA

Ruling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

Hope that helped.

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:59 AM Edited by size_m, 29 September 2015 - 04:09 PM.

edited

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:21 PM

I reported it and they deleted it almost instantly. I suggest you edit out his comment.

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:53 PM

Great post
  • NeoLedah likes this

Aliashu
  • Aliashu

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:03 AM Edited by Aliashu, 02 November 2015 - 02:22 AM.

nice

ShockmasterGTA
  • ShockmasterGTA

Ruling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:05 PM

Very nice.

frenk1991
  • frenk1991

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:35 PM

Xbox one

need 2 players for mm challenge.
1 guy mic other one not yet
got kuruma insurget heist clothing appartment-> heist finale

Gamertag:freekalicious

send me a message cheers

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:56 PM

My crew is looking for 1 more player to join us in completing the criminal mastermind challenge on PS4. Message me on here if you're interested. Ranks above 100 are preferred.

mateivad
  • mateivad

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:36 PM Edited by mateivad, 08 March 2016 - 08:36 PM.

This is by far the most elaborate guide I've ever seen. It has helped me complete several setups and finales that I was having trouble with previously. 

• NeoLedah likes this

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

Just a tip we used to make our lives easier:

Prison Break Finale: The prisoner and Prison guard will be arriving by bus at the entrance. Once you're both there you can request your kurumas. It should spawn in the parking lot. It's alot safer and faster to drive to the landing strip than that stupid armored truck.

Humane Labs finale: The pilot and gunner lands the Valkyrie on one of the hills surrounding the lab. Best one is the plateau north of the lab. 4 buzzards spawn so just minigun or snipe them on their way to you.
Once the ground team is out, they should run up to the hill to be picked up. The Valkyrie lands and everyone gets in THEN IMMEDIATELY gets out. 4 more buzzards spawn to attack so just wait there with your sniper rifles or HL's to take it down. We completed this without a sustaining a single hit to the valkyrie.

Trash Truck: Memorize where the pick up points are and drop off a Kuruma for each, BEFORE, you start. There are 4 pick up points and if you have 4 kurumas you're basically laughing at this set up.

Pac Finale: Remember that only death will reset your progress (barring game glitches or unwanted disconnections). You can still spawn at the alley way AND grab the kuruma for your run to the dinghy. How?
First everyone gets out of the bank and runs for the bikes. Once you're all there, everyone stay (DO NOT blow up or get on the bikes) except for one player who will DELIBERATELY go out of area. Just walk down the street until you start hearing the countdown. Let the time run out. You will fail the mission but it will not reset. You will then all spawn back at the alleyway, home free to run for your Kurumas in the garage.

If you know these already then awesome! Just a tip to make some lives easier.

SOAD9801
  • SOAD9801

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 12:51 AM

I haven't read all the posts, so I don't know if this has been suggested:

1. Pacific Standard Finale, crowd control can just point an RPG at the crowd and not worry about firing at them, the bar will remain full.

2. After 1 person collects all the money, the other 3 clear out the cops in front of the bank.  When it's safe, the money guy runs out of the bank to trigger the next waypoint, then runs back in.  The other 3 take the short route to the bikes and blows them up to trigger "make your way to the boat" waypoint.  Then run to the apartment next door and collect the kuruma, pick up the guy at the bank.  Drive through the checkpoints again, then whichever route you usually take to the boat. I prefer driving up the west side highway.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 07 April 2016 - 07:53 AM Edited by Sky_Light12, 07 April 2016 - 07:54 AM.

if you can study the map surroundings , you can find advantages to adapt each setups/finale . the only thing you can't scout is EMP setup

like insurgent's offroading capabilities are suffice enough to skip the GPS route ( insurgent setup )

there are 2 rooftops with ladder around la mesa gas station ( trash truck setup )

i've used both my game and GTA V google map to scout the environment , apparently

warning : if you are players who prefer make things even more challenging ( i.e handicapping yourself , doesn't use kuruma , only wield pistol , so on ) , don't read this and just ignore this tip , because there's nothing i can do for you

• NeoLedah and Absolut like this

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:35 PM

2. After 1 person collects all the money, the other 3 clear out the cops in front of the bank.  When it's safe, the money guy runs out of the bank to trigger the next waypoint, then runs back in. 

They'd have to be pretty fast though. If even one person stays in the bank long enough, you'd get a heist failed trigger

• StangOne50 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

2. After 1 person collects all the money, the other 3 clear out the cops in front of the bank.  When it's safe, the money guy runs out of the bank to trigger the next waypoint, then runs back in. 

They'd have to be pretty fast though. If even one person stays in the bank long enough, you'd get a heist failed trigger

Yea and cmm is not about making the most money in the pac finale. Its about staying alive and achieving the 10 million. Probably better to stick together. Its almost impossible to die in vests with the short route anyway.

• NeoLedah likes this

ShockmasterGTA
  • ShockmasterGTA

Ruling

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:24 AM

then whichever route you usually take to the boat. I prefer driving up the west side highway.

If you take the route Lester tells you to take you will lose the cops. I'll drive up to the cliff just to trigger the last check point and then carefully drive down the mountain.

ThePlake0815
  • ThePlake0815

Vice City Visitors [VCVS]

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:52 AM Edited by ThePlake0815, 24 August 2016 - 06:34 AM.

This triggers only when the runner reaches the bikes checkpoint. By then the street should be clear.

By the way: since a month or so, the PS finale is patched... When more than one person reaches the bikes, a sh*tload of cops will spawn, including a chopper in the air, that makes it near impossible to enter the appartment (especially if they come guns blazing!). We found out that now the best strat is to have both crowd control people stay outside the bank and attract the cops with loud(!) guns. This lets the runner (usually Hacker) easily run to the bikes, destroy them with a sticky (no need to sit on it anymore) and then go to the appartment door.
Since the door is on higher grounds than the garage, it usually doesn't let you enter (the newly added chopper has line of sight), but just hop down to the garage and ur good to go.

grenad20e
  • grenad20e

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:52 AM

I found what I believe is the safest way to complete Humane Labs Finale:

Ground Team: it is possible to bring the armored Kuruma inside the Humane Labs building. One ground team member should start with an armored Kuruma on normal (non-lowered) suspension with no body skirt and no GT wing. The other member will start with a Turismo or a Cheetah on competition suspension. When the mission starts, both members should drive to the front gate of Humane Labs, by the sign. Driving too close will trigger an out-of-bound warning. Wait for the pilot to land on the road leading to Humane Labs and be picked up there. After parachuting, aim for your vehicles at the gate and take them. Blow open the Humane Labs gate and the Kuruma driver should clear out the enemies at the front. When cleared, it's time for the mobile ramp trick. The turismo/cheetah will back up against the 3 ft step, while the Kuruma driver will reverse into the ramp-like front end of that vehicle. Keep trying until the Kuruma successfully ramps off the turismo/cheetah and over the 3 ft step. Now both players get in and use the Kuruma to safely clear the enemies! Some of the corners in the building will be tight, but it's possible to drive the Kuruma all the way to the elevator. After resurfacing, make your way to the hidden Valkyrie using the car that will be left for you. Get in the Valkyrie to spawn the last group of Buzzards, then get out and use homing launcher/minigun to clear them.

Valkyrie Team: The gunner should go separate from the pilot, and leave a personal vehicle on top of the beach where the ground team will resurface after swimming. Make sure to set vehicle access to everyone. The pilot will pick up both the ground team members at the gate, and the gunner on top of the beach, then go to the yellow checkpoint in the sky. After the ground team parachutes, fly along the east coast to a cave east of the windmills, where the Coveted mission is located. Carefully enter this cave and land the Valkyrie parallel to the shoreline on the little stretch of beach on the left side. Get out and use homing launchers/minigun to down the Buzzards. When the ground team resurfaces, they will drive to the Valkyrie. Everyone get in to spawn the Buzzards, then ground team get out. The pilot cannot get out, and should fly deep inside the cave behind the 1 vertical rock in the center. Hover there safely while the ground team finishes off the remaining Buzzards. Since you are in the cave, the Buzzards' missiles cannot reach you. Fly outside the cave and pick up the ground team when they finish.

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 26 August 2016 - 10:27 AM

Why go through all that trouble lol. There's barely up to 3 enemies at once in each of the shootout points inside the building, the heavy vest should protect you enough.

fougani
  • fougani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

During heists when it tells me to put on masks , am I going to loose that helmet protection? Because i take off the helmet for it.

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A week ago

Yes you will.

• Darth Absentis likes this

fougani
  • fougani

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by fougani, A week ago.

Yes you will.

It might be worth to mention in the guide that we should ignore the prompt "Press x to put on mask"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users