Criminal Mastermind: In-depth guide

183 replies to this topic
mattyscfc
  • mattyscfc

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:44 AM

Great thread, thanks for taking the time to publish your tips. We started the challenge yesterday, no mics and the first time we had played together as a full team. We completed it first time, in the same day, with some hilarious moments and a worthy reward. 

• NeoLedah likes this

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

"I do what I do best, I take scores"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:20 AM Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17, 05 April 2015 - 11:21 AM.

finished this yesterday so I thought I would add a few random tips to this impressive useful guide, that I just found D'oh!

Plan, plan then plan some more

Communicate

Keep it simple

Do not trip skip or quick restart

Use an armoured car where ever possible 

Keep your armour menu open where ever possible

We also did a few experimentation / practice sessions before starting 

The prisoner can buy a gun on the way to the prison

The valkeryie gunner has a bar on the top right of his screen showing the angle he is looking

For the yacht snipe from the boat / pier / beach and put a man in the back of the chopper with an mg and make a slow fly by then land on the helipad with the gunner facing inwards

Move the bin van (trash truck) round the back during pickups

Use the train tracks during series a weed and H

Have 1 man pick up all the cash in the pac H

Jump over the fences in the alley during pac H

Escape on jet skis that eventually spawn near the pier during the pac H 

I can see R* patching a lot of these

The most important thing is keep your cool and have fun!

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:23 PM Edited by Giantsgiants, 05 April 2015 - 08:23 PM.

For the Series A Trash Truck setup, anyone know if you're allowed to destroy the gas pumps before you arrive and pick up the bags? Will that trigger mission failure? Or the Vagos?

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:09 AM Edited by Ezekeil2Ofive17, 06 April 2015 - 12:11 AM.

For the Series A Trash Truck setup, anyone know if you're allowed to destroy the gas pumps before you arrive and pick up the bags? Will that trigger mission failure? Or the Vagos?

just drive the truck round the back through the alley next to ammu nation and park in between the pillars, its quicker, easier and you don't need to worry about the pumps

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:12 AM

How do you use the insurgent in this mission? I cant find it, only the kuruma.

BBQ_Menace
  • BBQ_Menace

Rat

• Members
  • Monaco

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

Just completed Criminal Mastermind with help from this excellent guide. Worth a bump.

Also- having one person carry the cash on Pacific Finale and taking the SeaSharks that are parked at the Vespucci pier up the coast to the dinghy is the easiest escape route, and will result in losing only a small amount of money.
  • NeoLedah and Ezekeil2Ofive17 like this

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2015 - 11:52 PM

Just completed Criminal Mastermind with help from this excellent guide. Worth a bump.

Also- having one person carry the cash on Pacific Finale and taking the SeaSharks that are parked at the Vespucci pier up the coast to the dinghy is the easiest escape route, and will result in losing only a small amount of money.

Did you do this today?

I figured R* might have patched the jet skis

BBQ_Menace
  • BBQ_Menace

Rat

• Members
  • Monaco

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:28 AM

Did you do this today?

I figured R* might have patched the jet skis

Yep, just did it this afternoon. We made it to the dinghy with just over 1.1 million and a few minutes to spare. Confirmed as working.

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

Posted in another thread, but copied to save time - 

Finished the Criminal Mastermind challenge last night with my crew - v happy with that!

zBrzwxL.png

The heavy combat heist clothing is a huge benefit - used it on every mission that we were able to. Sacrificing sprinting for protection on the final heist was a no brainer.

Our plan for the finale was to each get their armoured Kuruma from their garage right next to the bikes. 3 of us got it with no problem, one person was not able to for some reason. He decided to then go on the bike. He came off his bike once, but was able to get back on and carry on without any issues - am sure the combat gear helped here. 

We decided that we were going to go to the top of the mountain as we wanted to lose the cops on the way down, rather than risk getting killed as we got into the dinghy. On a previous play through we had used the NOOSE armoured truck and completed it without any issues, but didn't want to take any chances. From the top of the mountain, the guy on the bike drove off and parachuted down, while the 3 of us in Kurumas just drove off the cliff and stayed in our cars. We had already tested that the cars would survive the fall, so wanted to avoid any potential parachute glitch. We lost our wanted level as soon as we landed, then just continued to drive/fall down the cliff to the river.

Only slight issue was that we ended up ditching out cars in the river, rather than driving alongside it to the dinghy. We made it to the dinghy with 14 seconds to spare...which was a bit too close for comfort!

Now it's onto getting the outstanding heist awards...

aOrSR5z.png

• NeoLedah likes this

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

I meant to say thanks to the OP for their guide - certainly helped achieve the challenge!

• NeoLedah likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:32 AM

Finished the challenge on Monday night. Even though we preferred Kurumas over Insurgents and used a different route for the Pacific Standard finale, this is still a great guide.

For the Pacific Standard finale, we followed the GPS route, but there's a dirt road you can take right before the bridge that takes you down to the Dinghy. We rode down that road.

lTBvxUI.jpg 

• StangOne50 and NeoLedah like this

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Trick

• Members

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

Finished the challenge on Monday night. Even though we preferred Kurumas over Insurgents and used a different route for the Pacific Standard finale, this is still a great guide.

For the Pacific Standard finale, we followed the GPS route, but there's a dirt road you can take right before the bridge that takes you down to the Dinghy. We rode down that road.

lTBvxUI.jpg

If you are looking to minimize the chance of dying, then I would suggest following the checkpoints and driving off the mountain, rather than driving to the dinghy as it will clear your wanted level. I know you should be fine going from your car to the dinghy if you have armour etc, but it is still another risk. There are minimal police once you start going up the mountain, so no need to rush - plus the fact that you are in armoured cars helps!

Cracka.Brew
  • Cracka.Brew

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

Cant wait to try this with a good group. Great job
  • NeoLedah likes this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:26 AM

With the Kuruma being armored, if you drive it off the mountain jump, will it explode?  Only asking since the parachutes seem to be glitchy on that part from what I read.

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:35 AM

With the Kuruma being armored, if you drive it off the mountain jump, will it explode?  Only asking since the parachutes seem to be glitchy on that part from what I read.

Yes, for my surprise it's exploded twice during the same heist. So be careful.

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

It didn't for the 3 of us who used it (the other was on a bike).

Also tried it repeatedly in free roam and no explosions (not even really a scratch, to be honest).

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

Just make sure the engine doesn't hit the ground and it shouldn't explode.

TheKingChivas
  • TheKingChivas

The King of Swing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:40 PM

Yes, you can blow up the gas pumps without failing...it's a smart move.

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

If the award for Mastermind challenge shows 7/26 for two players and 0/26 for the other two and we are at the Prison heist. Has the Mastermind challenge been reset?

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:42 PM

Only for those who have it at 0.

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:17 PM

Only for those who have it at 0.

Thanks. How should we go about to get back on track?

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

You can't. They would need to restart all over from Fleeca.

NexZko
  • NexZko

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

DO A RANDOM HEIST MISSION BEFORE STARTING THE CHALLENGE:

i had this problem... nice tip this si good to know

• NeoLedah likes this

dexutd
  • dexutd

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:57 PM

It wont fail the mission if you destroy the gas tanks first.

You can also cut across the storm drains straight to Trevor's drop off after doing the gas station pick up. This will avoid the final AI chasers on the last leg of your journey 

John_Shepard
  • John_Shepard

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:14 AM

You can also cut across the storm drains straight to Trevor's drop off after doing the gas station pick up. This will avoid the final AI chasers on the last leg of your journey 

You can also bring your car to the gas station pick up before triggering the mission and leave it there. The car will provide cover.

swooshboy
  • swooshboy

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:57 AM

Yep - also reversing down the alleyways in the truck really helps. If you are parked right next to the trash bags, then as soon as they are thrown in you can drive to the next checkpoint.

anaalianssi
  • anaalianssi

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

Can you actually wear bulletproof helmet+heavy armour during all heists? It allways suggests you some other outfit :D

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:43 PM

Can you actually wear bulletproof helmet+heavy armour during all heists? It allways suggests you some other outfit :D

Not all heists. For the ones you can wear it there will be a player saved outfit option for the host. And you have to save the outfit in your saved outfits.

anaalianssi
  • anaalianssi

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

Not all heists. For the ones you can wear it there will be a player saved outfit option for the host. And you have to save the outfit in your saved outfits.

Yeh, got it saved :) Gotta try that criminal mastermind challenge once my friends hits higher ranks (Im playing on PC) Migth take a while owell ;P

John_Shepard
  • John_Shepard

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

I would like to find out how to get the helicopter to spawn in the Pacific Standard finale. Anyone know?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users