Criminal Mastermind: In-depth guide

183 replies to this topic
Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:51 AM

You can't use Sticky Bombs or Grenades in the Kuruma and if you are all using mics everyone should be aware off what the other people are doing,

• gooby and jupiterjack900 like this

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:54 AM

You can't use Sticky Bombs or Grenades in the Kuruma and if you are all using mics everyone should be aware off what the other people are doing,

Read the rest of my post

Freddy1Krueger
  • Freddy1Krueger

K2 Crew Lieutenant

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:10 AM

I have used both and have never been killed in the Kuruma in any set up mission but have been killed in the Insurgent  because it has little protection against bullets. 

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:24 AM Edited by NeoLedah, 29 March 2015 - 01:30 AM.

Then there's got to be another problem, maybe you didn't have the Battle Armor combo, you were not healing, or the Insurgent driver wasn't driving properly.

That means maybe he was leaving the front of the vehicle facing directly at the enemies. The driver has to face the side of the vehicle aiming at the enemies, since it's harder for them to hit you that way.

Grooveyghost
  • Grooveyghost

Badman Ting

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:29 PM

I'm doing the criminal mastermind challenge and nothing has gone wrong we just did prison heist finale, all my teammates are on 8/26 progression and I'm on 0/26 anyone know why this happened?

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:04 PM

You must've had a connection problem when ending a mission

gooby
  • gooby

┐(´ー`)┌

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:23 PM Edited by gooby, 29 March 2015 - 04:36 PM.

So Criminal Mastermind can still be finished if it resets for one person, by continuing through the last finale and starting over until 26 heist missions overall are done? Won't it reset when there's only one from the team with them during the Fleeca job?

Edit: Thinking this further, wouldn't it be possible for the whole crew to start from the hardest heist, say, the Pacific Standard, to get the most risky one out of the way? I played through to the 4th heist doing the All In Order challenge so far so I'm unfamiliar with the replay options.

Also, what about pulling the Ethernet cable rather than cutting all power, won't it prevent the game from saving too?

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 29 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hey OP, when you were doing this, did your team run into any technical issues? Things such as error messages, disconnects, etc?

I tried doing this challenge last night, and my team was plagued by them. It got so bad that we didn't even get through the second heist after 3 hours of playing. I'm hoping to try again tonight with another team.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:19 PM Edited by StangOne50, 29 March 2015 - 08:25 PM.

Hey OP, when you were doing this, did your team run into any technical issues? Things such as error messages, disconnects, etc?

I tried doing this challenge last night, and my team was plagued by them. It got so bad that we didn't even get through the second heist after 3 hours of playing. I'm hoping to try again tonight with another team.

We ran into a few yes. I think everyone is now. The servers are just a mess. It probably took me about 5 hours to get through the pacific jobs the other day with the same team lol 

@gooby...The Mastermind stat is seperate from the loyalty and all in order so for this challenge I believe you must do them all in order from start to finish.

Disconnecting in anyway can possibly cause the loss of data.

If you are having issues with your loyalty and are trying to redo the fleeca job to fix it, you must do it with the same player you started it with.

russler97
  • russler97

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:06 AM Edited by russler97, 30 March 2015 - 09:09 AM.

is we fail a mission do we just back out as in pressing "O" the "X"? and not pressing restart? (ps4) 

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

So Criminal Mastermind can still be finished if it resets for one person, by continuing through the last finale and starting over until 26 heist missions overall are done? Won't it reset when there's only one from the team with them during the Fleeca job?

Edit: Thinking this further, wouldn't it be possible for the whole crew to start from the hardest heist, say, the Pacific Standard, to get the most risky one out of the way? I played through to the 4th heist doing the All In Order challenge so far so I'm unfamiliar with the replay options.

Also, what about pulling the Ethernet cable rather than cutting all power, won't it prevent the game from saving too?

Actually, and to tell you the truth, I do not fully know if resetting from Fleeca Job with one person will reset the Mastermind run or not.
However, on my own account, my Loyalty award was bugged, so I continued till the Pacific Job and got the Mastermind, then reset Fleeca with the same person I did it with, then my Loyalty award popped. I can only assume it will be the same with Mastermind, because it also has the requirement of completing them in order.

And it might be very possible to start from the hardest heists, Series A and/or Pacific, and continuing all over from Fleeca. I dunno, I wanna test it sometime.

And you're absolutely right about the Ethernet cable! I will add that to the guide.

• gooby likes this

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:10 AM Edited by zecanelao, 01 April 2015 - 12:12 AM.

Is there any way to avoid the infinite enemy spawning in the Insurgent set up? I've been wondering if a player reaches the checkpoint with an armored Kuruma, the game will order you to eliminate the remaining enemies. Then the way would be free for the Insurgents to be delivered, once they don't provide too much protection against bullets. Thus we wouldn't be taking any risks.

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:42 AM

Is there any way to avoid the infinite enemy spawning in the Insurgent set up? I've been wondering if a player reaches the checkpoint with an armored Kuruma, the game will order you to eliminate the remaining enemies. Then the way would be free for the Insurgents to be delivered, once they don't provide too much protection against bullets. Thus we wouldn't be taking any risks.

That is correct, I do not think there's a way to prevent the infinite enemy spawning, unless you stay off roads all the time, like on the Pacific Finale's bike chase.

But that'd mean you'd have to go through the hills, on the outskirts of Mt Chiliad.

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

I can confirm that turning off the console as soon as somebody dies will almost fully guarantee that the award progress will not get reset.

• thornberry1138 likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:13 AM

Neo, my team is all together in an invite only lobby, but we're still having connection issues and disconnects. Is there anything else that the affected player(s) can do to fix this? 

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

No, probably there's nothing you can do. I guess, if there's somebody in your home downloading something or viewing heavy videos, tell them to stop. Do whatever you can to alleviate your internet connections. Nothing else I can say

Traywags
  • Traywags

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

I can confirm and received my $10,000,000 through switching off our consoles right after dying. Our team died only once on our last run through and it saved us. Here is the link to my original post if you don't know what the death glitch is: http://gtaforums.com...ath-workaround/

It is very simple and should pretty much guarantee your success. I tried this method at least ten times and every one was successful with no character save issues.
  • NeoLedah likes this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:25 PM

On the 'Deliver the EMP' mission, when I go to take out the two guys fixing the truck, the scientists behind them are alerted. Do you have to take out all four as quickly as possible or was I just having bad luck?
The first time they heard my bullet hit the truck they are working on (so be careful of that), but the second time was clean and the scientists were still alerted.

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:38 PM

Yes it's true and it happened to me a lot of times aswell.

Best way I've found of not alerting the scientists behind would be hitting the guy on the left one time on the head, then hitting the guy on the right that's bending down, about 3-4 times, all this with a suppressed special carbine.

Then don't go immediately for the scientists. Kill the soldier that's posted below the stairs on the middle of the area, to the right, with a sniper rifle.

THEN you can take on the scientists to the right.

• XJpostman likes this

cannonk414
  • cannonk414

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:59 PM

completed mastermind challenge .. my suggestions .. keep snack menu up when driving and big gun fights .. don't run over motorcycles... don't use explosives ... keep team together .. and final part DONT RIDE BIKES as getaway use car !.. hardest part getting us all online same days/ times.. took two nights 5 hours each night.. good luck ya guys stay on the Mic and tell your crew/friends NOT TO GO AHEAD ALONE stay together keep your snacks up and stay alive lol

• NeoLedah likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:02 AM Edited by Giantsgiants, 03 April 2015 - 09:02 AM.

completed mastermind challenge .. my suggestions .. keep snack menu up when driving and big gun fights .. don't run over motorcycles... don't use explosives ... keep team together .. and final part DONT RIDE BIKES as getaway use car !.. hardest part getting us all online same days/ times.. took two nights 5 hours each night.. good luck ya guys stay on the Mic and tell your crew/friends NOT TO GO AHEAD ALONE stay together keep your snacks up and stay alive lol

I don't suppose you got any tips for finding a fourth player. The leader of my crew ditched our previous fourth since he kept not showing up when it was game time, so we're back to square one.

We already have a thread in the Find a Lobby & Meetups section, but there doesn't seem to be that much activity. No one seems to read the criminal mastermind recruitment threads.

We're on Xbox One btw.

Tofana
  • Tofana

Can you dig it?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

On the 'Deliver the EMP' mission, when I go to take out the two guys fixing the truck, the scientists behind them are alerted. Do you have to take out all four as quickly as possible or was I just having bad luck?
The first time they heard my bullet hit the truck they are working on (so be careful of that), but the second time was clean and the scientists were still alerted.

Seems like bad luck. If you take out the two guards first, 99% of the time they don't move.

For the mission where you steal the Hydra, you can use the hover function on the Hydra to go into the aircraft carrier while your team shoots down the jets. Guaranteed win.

NeoLedah
  • NeoLedah

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

Seems like bad luck. If you take out the two guards first, 99% of the time they don't move.

For the mission where you steal the Hydra, you can use the hover function on the Hydra to go into the aircraft carrier while your team shoots down the jets. Guaranteed win.

If you can manage that, it means you've got some very good piloting skills. Why not destroy the jets yourself then? They're not even hard.

Tofana
  • Tofana

Can you dig it?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

If you can manage that, it means you've got some very good piloting skills. Why not destroy the jets yourself then? They're not even hard.

If your team aren't the best pilots it's easy to be overwhelmed. Making the Hydra safe gives the other pilots more time to take down the other jets, and keeps you safe from 'over zealous' pilots crashing in to you. Plus, at this stage of the criminal mastermind challenge, it's a pain to start over again.

The Hydra is pretty easy to park in the carrier. If you go into it from the side facing the airport you'll likely take a hit trying to get it in there and there are a few obstacles to avoid. Instead, lift off and drop down on the opposite side and go in there, it's much easier.

Tofana
  • Tofana

Can you dig it?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:58 AM

I forgot to mention, you don't need to headshot any of the enemies on the Humane Labs stealth mission with the sniper rifle (unless you want to). One in the chest puts them down for good, and makes it easier to take out two guys at once.

Tofana
  • Tofana

Can you dig it?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Also found, thanks to the advice of my good lady, an easier way to do the cargo ship on the prison break heist.

As soon as you board the ship, take the next set of stairs up and jump up on the containers there. You can run and jump across the top and only have to worry about four enemies tops.

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

Also found, thanks to the advice of my good lady, an easier way to do the cargo ship on the prison break heist.

As soon as you board the ship, take the next set of stairs up and jump up on the containers there. You can run and jump across the top and only have to worry about four enemies tops.

You can edit your posts so you dont have to double or triple post.

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:51 AM Edited by zecanelao, 04 April 2015 - 06:18 PM.

There is an apartment just behind where the bikes are located. I wonder if we will be able to get in without worrying about the cops.
Edit:I had to wait a few seconds until the game allowed me to get inside the garage. The good news is I didn't have to drive around, just sat there and waited, if some cops show up, kill them and you are good to go. I think it's a very good and safe way to use your Pv.The apartment costs 126000.

jaystonepk
  • jaystonepk

RRR1

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:14 PM

Our team started this strictly for a Order/Loyalty bonus but they're currently off by 3. We paired into 2 teams for Fleeca but as soon as we finished prison plane setup our awards were at 4//1. Now after completing Humane Finale they're at 15/12. Did we loose our loyalty bonus?

Note about humane stealth mission. We finished this way. After sniping the guy in the truck we took out the 2 scientists to the right, then the single guard in the middle of the map, and finally the 2 guards fixing the truck. These were all with suppressed snipers as well. The rest was the same as the original write-up. We failed at least 10 times because the single guard kept being alerted after shooting the guards fixing the truck, with suppressed snipers.

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:22 AM

I doesn't work. Seems we have to go to the drop off location with the Insurgent to trigger the checkpoint.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users