Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:45 AM

Naw. He was just an impetuous cokehead.

The Ghost 206
  • The Ghost 206

H.N.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:24 AM

I always asked myself what's off with lance to. Then i found out he likes his yayo explains everything

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:45 AM

No doubt his Drug Habits would have exacerbated his illness. :)

housedeep
  • housedeep

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

I think he has low self-esteem, his betraying everyone and using his brother explains that.

Wouldn't mess with him though, he knows kung-fu.

hot-temper27
  • hot-temper27

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:04 AM

Lance is just a typical idiot addicted to coke. I wouldn't say he's mentally ill though. When Vic said his brother was "sick in a different way", it's his was of saying that Lance needs help from his coke addiction.

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:37 PM

I hate how they made him so overly stupid and annoying. I kinda wanted to like him in this game since he's related to the protagonist but I actually disliked him more even though he betrays Tommy in VC.

nickvick197
  • nickvick197

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

He really only acted that way because he was sniffing that coke. He's more of a cokehead than a mentally ill person.

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

🔺

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 16 October 2015 - 05:19 AM Edited by Mr. Fartenhate, 30 December 2016 - 07:43 AM.

can you LANCE VAN CE DANNNCEEE

GreenOnions
  • GreenOnions

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 October 2015 - 08:02 PM

That's an interesting question, though kind of tough to answer since everyone has a different "threshold" for what constitutes mental illness. Generally speaking, this sort of question is posed when assessing someone's behavior, and trying to decide what can be blamed on a legitimate sickness versus what is the result of just bad decisions and character flaws.

It's clear that Lance was a very insecure guy, who resented living in the shadows of Vic and later Tommy. At the same time, he certainty enjoyed the "perks" that came with that sort of lifestyle. He may have had potential, but he never really applied himself enough to be the leader he believed he should be. He spent more time obsessing over perceived slights than he did with actually doing the work that could have earned him more respect & authority.

Personally, I don't think you can really cut Lance a whole lot of slack, much less pardon him. Everyone deals with insecurity and resentment at one point or another, but most of us don't go around biting and eventually betraying the hands that feed us. In the end, how is he any better than Diaz, the man he despised and vowed to hunt down and kill for betraying him?
  • Niko the awesome and Marcus497 like this

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:17 PM

It doesn't matter as he is a complete snake in the grass. Would've been cool to kill him in VCS too (though it wouldn't fit the story for VC).

Marcus497
  • Marcus497

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:28 PM

I wouldn't say mentally ill. Just plain dumb and impulsive.

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:16 AM

I think Lance tried too hard at times (especially in the VCS game) without thinking things through, while remaining paranoid and insecure, but I don't think he was any more mentally ill than those who surrounded him. Like some other posters said, I think he had some good ideas too, but the problem was that he didn't always think. With the kind of lifestyle Lance was living, he had to constantly be on his toes, but a lot of times he took his eye off the ball (happened to quite a few of GTA characters, such as Diaz, who I think Lance shares some character traits with,  and Mikhail Faustin from GTA IV).

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

I'm done. It's over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:18 AM Edited by Still Madd, 30 December 2016 - 05:34 AM.

He's a cokehead - plain stupid and ungrown. I sometimes act like this and some people see me as a junkie or like I'm sick or something.

• DragonpokeZ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users