Photo

Incredibly bad luck stories

11 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Homeboy

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:55 PM Edited by OG Viking, 01 April 2015 - 04:07 AM.

Have you had incredibly bad timing with incredibly bad luck? Spent a long time doing things in the game only to have your great efforts wasted by rare or weird incidents? Tell about it here.

I'll start...

My objective was
Move a FP/EP Raindance from LS Impound to SF Impound.

Method
During "High Stakes, Low-Rider", use a Towtruck and tow the helicopter from LS Impound to SF Impound. (The mission removes 90% of traffic and greatly reduces random car spawns that can mess up things in the SF Impound garage. Many random car spawns there on the PS2 version.)
Now before you ask why not fly it there, I chose towing because it saves in-game time. A Raindance is a big slow chopper, and while it can perhaps beat a Towtruck from city to city when flying in a straight line, it saves much time to have a Towtruck available for moving it around inside the impounds.

Why it took me hours upon hours, day after day
1. It's not easy to jump over at Flint Intersection towing a big heavy helicopter. The truck is powerful/fast enough, but at high speed on a bended road this "train" is anything but stable. To keep the vehicles straight and to aim for the small spot on the other side at the same time is difficult. Often both vehicles end up in the water, or one of them.
2. The BIG problem however, was that my Hydra and Rustler that was already stored in the SF Impound wouldn't spawn in spite of four lowriders in the race being destroyed. The impound garage vehicles must spawn before I leave the impound or they may be lost.
3. A number of other random fails, such as running over people (it's not "legitimate" kills), some content in the Los Santos impound failing to spawn, the Raindance blowing up when I use it to open the entrance gate to the SF Impound lots, using too much in-game time, etc etc.

Success!
The airplanes in the SF Impound did spawn, and I got the Raindance stored there. I head back to LS no problems, using a NRG and jumping over at Flint, using Pay 'N' Spray at Santa Maria.

What?!
Before I save, I always want to prepare for the next I'm going to do, and in this case it meant moving a car from SM Beach to El Corona. It's a very low-risk operation, about as safe as it can get.
I drive the NRG across the highway near LS International, CJ get knocked off the bike. Then CJ get hit by a car while on foot, a saloon or coupe, I'm not sure. But I got the car color and it was red.
The red car stopped on top of CJ, and another vehicle in front of it caused it to not move any further. CJ's health and armor was full so it took a long time to lose all hope, it felt like a very long time.

I guess I should be pissed but I'm not. I think I still don't get it. :dontgetit:
It is extremely rare that CJ get trapped under a vehicle, it basically never happens, even on the highways. The odds for this chain of events to NOT happen is staggering. And it had to happen NOW?

I can also mention that on three occasions Hydra missiles wrecked my Towtruck. One time the missile was launched when I entered the Towtruck, a second time it just came as I was driving the Towtruck and came out of the long tunnel under the farm in Flint County, and a third time it came when I was busy buying Sprunk at Cranberry Station. I didn't hear or see the Hydra in any of the three instances, but there must have been one trigger-happy SOB up in the sky somewhere. The Raindance was hooked up with the Towtruck but it was the Towtruck that took direct hits.
I'm still working on this.
  • King Andreas and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:12 PM Edited by lil weasel, 10 June 2016 - 06:57 PM.

For other references:
http://gtaforums.com/topic/200036-wtf-moments/ 

VY C M
  • VY C M

Snitch

• Members
  • Kenya

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:19 PM Edited by 7 day survivor, 28 October 2015 - 10:25 PM.

Deleted Post
  • OG Viking and King Andreas like this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:22 PM Edited by Militia, 19 March 2015 - 04:22 PM.

In my current Save I finished a few months ago, when I was obtaining the AP Boxville I drove it back to the Garage after knocking it away from the cutscene with the Fire Truck.  Upon getting to my Garage, I made a fire so I could catch CJ on fire, get into the Boxville, blow it up and myself.  As I got into the Boxville, a cop pulled me out.  Busted.

Second try, after I reloaded, I again got the Boxville and on the way back to the Garage, game froze. :sui: :sui:

I got it on the next try, though.  But what an ordeal.  Probably not as bad as your ordeal, but it was quite annoying...

• OG Viking and King Andreas like this

Ridd
  • Ridd

One of the Rotten Ones

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

On my last bike on Cop Wheels (you have to steal four police bikes in a certain amt of time) with a 2 star wanted level. I'm making my getaway when I T-Bone a cop car that's come out of a road just ahead of me and stopped in the middle of the road. I fly off the bike and land... right in front of a cop. Busted.

• zombieslayer777 likes this

Kostadinoff
  • Kostadinoff

MAINA TOWN

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

I was doing the mission in LS with the dancing cars. (I forgot the name of the mission, sorry) So, I tuned my car and on my way to the LS Train Station, I hit a police car. So I get wanted level. You know that in this mission when u get close to LST Station the radio stops and the traffic is cut. So right before I hit that point an angry driver hit me and flipped my car. My car just exploded...

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:40 AM Edited by King Andreas, 31 March 2015 - 12:43 AM.

You'd think if you want to acquire or spend money quickly, the million $ blackjack table is your best bet, right? Apparently, not for me. I wanted to increase my money this way only to lose millions upon millions more than I won. On the flip side, the time I wanted debt to accumulate, I kept winning millions upon millions more than I lost. When I tried to win, I usually lost; when I tried to lose, I usually won. Such fascinating luck, huh? The funny thing: I have all horseshoes.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

I usually on a start of a New Game take the $350 that CJ is given and go to Inside Track Betting and turn the 350 Dollars into 5 Million Dollars, or greater.  If you lose, you just reload and try again.  But after a few tries, you will wrack up a lot of money...

I am not sure how much Horseshoes play a role with the luck :D  Even though it says Luck: 1000.

• King Andreas likes this

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Neighborhood Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, 4 weeks ago.

Was just killed by a f*cking plane out of know where. Jesus i forgot how annoying that was. Was driving up Mount Chiliad and this big ass plane came down crashing besides me out of know where :wtf:
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC and j7n like this

zombieslayer777
  • zombieslayer777

my rhino tank's name is gertrude

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by zombieslayer777, 2 days ago.

just driving down the road in mullohound  intersection going away from my safe house into the country when i hear the sound of a descending propeller driven aircraft its smashes into the road near me causing my car to catch fire and blow up without allowing me to get out in time. then another time i was almost killed by another rustler while driving up  the side of mount chilad on a narrow path and a rustler  crashes into the mountain a couple of feet away from me i thought it was gonna kill me since i was in a narrow path i found both my expreinces  funny. 

• ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

This all started with the mission Cesar vialpando. Well you know when you have to drive the Savanna into the garage to pimp it out. Well the known glitch of planes exploding and falling near CJ area to act as the game is alive. Well, after customizing the lowrider as I was pulling out of the garage just out of nowhere the Cutscene shows explosions and suddenly a plane falling down hitting the car, thus killing CJ, Blowing up the lowrider, and killing the mechanic. Mission Failed. I Seriously lol'ed at that. I still remember that till this day.

GeorgeCostanzaTheMovie
  • GeorgeCostanzaTheMovie

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 hours ago

Was just driving on the pc version. Speeding down to Grove Street when a frigging Hunter spawned in front of me, so I crashed into it. It said "cheat activated", so I think I spawned it by accident, but oh my that was the most unexpected ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users