Photo

GTAWikia essay

473 replies to this topic
(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by (Ambient), 3 weeks ago.

B76GjLP.png

>using the "images" section as your personal art gallery
What do you think of this practice as shown with the an old edit of Franklin's page? I mean technically it's still pictures of Franklin but then again they're all from the same dude sooooo

LMAO, Franklin doing yoga
Feel the power of mods. ;)

EDIT: New page, new rants on GTAWiki.
  • CGFforLife likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

In SA beta releases: Big Bear was supposed to be GSF traitor along with big smoke, but his role was replaced with ryder

Can anyone confirm this?

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

In SA beta releases: Big Bear was supposed to be GSF traitor along with big smoke, but his role was replaced with ryder
Can anyone confirm this?

That moment when you find this topic and you can finally take out all of your anger and frustration of their 'beta releases' or gta wikia in general and then i see a question like this...

No, there is no evidence of this, this isn't even a rumour but a straight up lie that someone came up with.

GTAWikia is pure cancer when it comes to beta related information and was the case with many other info
  • universetwisters and CGFforLife like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Can anyone confirm this?

That moment when you find this topic and you can finally take out all of your anger and frustration of their 'beta releases' or gta wikia in general and then i see a question like this...
No, there is no evidence of this, this isn't even a rumour but a straight up lie that someone came up with.
GTAWikia is pure cancer when it comes to beta related information and was the case with many other info
Indeed, and this thread makes me hates GTAWikia because all their bullsh*t (and I fall for it before knowing this thread lol).

Also

Like Grand Theft Auto 1 and GTA 2, the player could originally rename Claude. From GTA III beta releases

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

Straight outta Pluton's Ass

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I wanted to write "The Declasse Tornado was originally going to be named Declasse Prince in alpha and Declasse Freshprince in beta" and "The Imponte Dukes and Bravado Buffalo were originally to be named Bravado Battery" :pp jk Of course R* didn't want a reference to Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and who would drive a car that reminds one of a battery charger. This is how i'd mock wikia and rebel cause it seems many or most of the beta stuff is just fake news and fanfiction.

Irrational
  • Irrational

Federação das Américas

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago

Also

Like Grand Theft Auto 1 and GTA 2, the player could originally rename Claude. From GTA III beta releases

This is actually true, though.

• universetwisters, (Ambient) and CGFforLife like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

why nobody has called out those assholes who run that wiki, they've denied my corrections to some cars that had misnamed engine sounds.

Wildbrick told his story about a similar situation to yours, only with gears instead of sounds.

But since I made this thread, some moderators of that site joined here the jist of their side of the story was like HEYEYYY ITS NOT OUR FAULT THERES SO MANY EDITS A DAY AND SO LITTLE OF US and IF YOURE SO CONCERNED WHY DONT YOU FIX THE MISINFORMATION even though whenever I did they'd get changed back by a moderator who would yell at me for edit warring. Granted they have gotten better a bit but misinformation is still a problem.

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Saw this today: http://gta.wikia.com...t&oldid=1014966

But yeah, while agree GTA Wiki has its bullsh*t, it's honestly from past users. The admin team was much, much less active back then, and so all the sh*t that got through the gaps remains till this day. I have 32k contributions, but I doubt I've visited even half the pages that the wiki has, so it's difficult to find everything. I've been working on something lately, going through some of the oldest articles, and some of the oldest articles that haven't been edited/reviewed in years, and working on cleaning those up. With the admin team a little more "trained" to check the wiki every hour, much less sh*t gets through. If you're looking at old content, take it with a grain of salt, but if you're looking at something from the past couple of years, it's more than likely the best source, much better than all the nonsense these unofficial websites post anyway. 

I've seen a lot of comments about how they'd rather trust Grand Theft Wiki than GTA Wiki - I'm practically screaming, GTWiki HAS THE SAME CONTENT. Literally, I proved this a few pages back with comparisons; when they split, they took half the stuff we already had at GTA Wiki and put it over at their end, I can't even see any sort of review process going on at their end either, and they certainly don't keep their articles up to date, let alone the content of the GTA series. 

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

@engine sounds, well this is a sore point. While over the years we've had a hit and miss attempt at adding engine sound, most of which speculation, I made a post on the noticeboard, probably about a year ago now, basically saying, "let's just cut it out", i.e, remove all the "sounds like a V6" nonsense, and stick with what we've got. Lets face it, even the audio files names can't be trusted - some of them are badly named, or some just named for the sake of what vehicle its going in, rather than what they recorded. So with that, we basically stuck with "what we're told or shown, we'll write", so website descriptions (the performance section has sections dedicated to website, in-game, and rsc), and then in-game engine models. So if you see any "sounds like a...[engine]", it's something that hasn't been filtered out. I remember starting going through all the vehicle articles and removing the sound speculation, but I didn't get round to actually completing that - it took a while to actually filter the ones I did do out.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think GTW has even less content than GTA Wiki, like no Online DLC cars or just a few have their articles there. It is most likely abandoned, at least for the most part

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think GTW has even less content than GTA Wiki, like no Online DLC cars or just a few have their articles there. It is most likely abandoned, at least for the most part

They have literally nothing more past what was released in original GTA V. They also had a massive server issue which deleted contributions of something like 2 years, but even still, it barely affected their content articles, since there were hardly any edits in those years, it massively affected all the users who had created accounts their and done literally nothing, though. I can't see much administration activity either. The most contributions I saw were this one guy adding modification vehicles to the modification article, lol, so not even any official content.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I remember the reason for the split was the then new "Oasis" theme. Am i right or were there more reasons?

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Monkeypolice188, 2 weeks ago.

I remember the reason for the split was the then new "Oasis" theme. Am i right or were there more reasons?

Yeah, Wikia's Fandom's (rather sh*tty) Oasis theme was introduced back then and they split. That's the main reason, but the rest of it is documented here: http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/GTA_Wiki%3ACommunity_split 

Either we, we have an agreement basically not to copy each other, which was (sadly) put in place a while after we initially split, so half of our very early content was moved over to theirs (which is a shame, as that means outsourced information is essentially duplicated). 

In all honesty though, as much as Fandom suck ass in a lot of areas, they've presented massive opportunity with the whole CSS and style stuff, so we can concentrate more on content and not SOO much on how things look (since they basically provide the overall appearance). I never really agreed with the boring old Wikipedia white appearance, as much as its simple, I feel creativity in a site is important, as it makes it more interesting to read. To note, though, there's a thin line between what is creativity and what it is impractical. I'd like to think that, in terms of navigation and layout, nothing is very impractical on the wiki. 

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

According to the LRR article, Release the Beast was meant to be appear on that station. But I'm pretty sure it was going to be on either K109, or IF99. Unless the game's files says otherwise.

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

I thought people stopped posting fake cut GTA V songs circa 2015, I was wrong.

http://gta.wikia.com...0&oldid=1013105

As far as I remember, "Insane in the Brain" was released much earlier than 2006.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago Edited by CGFforLife, A week ago.

Can anyone confirm that GTA SA highway were numbered? In this article it say that LS freeway was I-25, SF highway was I-27, and so on.....

Edit:or they stole it from this mod? Who know?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A week ago Edited by universetwisters, A week ago.

Can anyone confirm that GTA SA highway were numbered? In this article it say that LS freeway was I-25, SF highway was I-27, and so on.....

It's fanon. I'd change it back but I don't feel like going through an edit war with some of the higher-ups so I made a note of it on it's talk page and bitch about it until one of them does something about it so they don't blame me like HEY BITCH HOW DARE YOU REVERT FALSE INFO

This is the dude who made those changes and according to his contributions, he's no stranger to fanon, like mentioning that Ferdinand Kerimov is an IAA agent.

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago Edited by CGFforLife, A week ago.

It's fanon. I'd change it back but I don't feel like going through an edit war with some of the higher-ups so I made a note of it on it's talk page and bitch about it until one of them does something about it so they don't blame me like HEY BITCH HOW DARE YOU REVERT FALSE INFO

This is the dude who made those changes and according to his contributions, he's no stranger to fanon, like mentioning that Ferdinand Kerimov is an IAA agent.
This is probably same with Amy fanmade artwork, they took it from fanmades, and make it official. Also surprisingly, your edit didn't reverted

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted A week ago Edited by smurfynz, A week ago.

This is probably same with Amy fanmade artwork, they took it from fanmades, and make it official. Also surprisingly, your edit didn't reverted

Not only that, I thanked UT for giving me more work going back over that user's 296 contributions to check for more nonsense. Because, y'know, that's what some of us actually do when we encounter that sort of thing. 

I'm re-subscribing to this topic now, so I can act on anything alerted here that you guys don't feel "safe' bring up on the wiki itself. :)

• universetwisters and CGFforLife like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 6 days ago

It's not always necessary but I like going through the history to see who throws sh*t like that in because 90% of the time they're a fannon loving schlub and 10% of the time they're just misinformed.

But either way, it's a good habit to get into because nothing's worse than fixing something and then months later coming across something else where you're like WAIT I KNOW THIS GUY

Gokuzbu
  • Gokuzbu

Luis and Niko will not be touched by Trevor.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Vehicles top speeds don't feel right to me.

smurfynz
  • smurfynz

Hayer Plater

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 6 days ago

It's not always necessary but I like going through the history to see who throws sh*t like that in because 90% of the time they're a fannon loving schlub and 10% of the time they're just misinformed.

But either way, it's a good habit to get into because nothing's worse than fixing something and then months later coming across something else where you're like WAIT I KNOW THIS GUY

It doesn't help that the worst culprit for fanon editing hid that crap under 40,000+ edits, most of which were actually legit. :( It really was the ultimate inside-job troll.

Vehicles top speeds don't feel right to me.

No argument from me there! There is some comment on that earlier in this thread (can't remember which page).

But here's a little more background:

http://gta.wikia.com...sts_inaccurate?

http://gta.wikia.com...s/Speed_Testing

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

But here's a little more background:
http://gta.wikia.com...sts_inaccurate?
http://gta.wikia.com...s/Speed_Testing

Ouch, you've reminded me to update some reaaaally old stuff on that second link. Briefing over it makes me cry 'Monk what are you saying'. Some factual errors in there since we developed the statistics sections of vehicles.

Monkeypolice188
  • Monkeypolice188

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

Okay, vehicle speeds 3.0.0.0.0.0.1

Basically, this is the most sensitive topic on the wiki purely because of how controversial it is...and the different methods we've encountered, from Broughys debatable 'measure distant divide by time' (which, as covered in my forum post linked above, doesn't satisfy me, as I have a hard time trusting the in-game distance values, let alone those displayed in the creator or on the GPS, of which he relies on. I also cringe at his averages, calculated on road surfaces that aren't truly flat and constantly give or take speed off you whenever you hit an invisible bump), to the highly infamous first person speedometers.

Truth is, neither of these work. Speedos had the potential to work, however the poor mapping of the textures and needles doesn't satisfy the value displayed, I.e, the needles DO use the real speed as per the file data, but the way the textures are aligned result in inconsistencies. The highly unreliable distances mean D/T isn't great either.

I began a new, long winded method recently. Using the flattest things EVER, the stunt tracks, I created straight test tracks in the sky, as long as the map, and used trainer's speedometer display (the true speed) to reveal speeds. The fact these speeds don't flutter around at maximum revs are already an indication this is the best test method yet. Either way, all the cars survive almost 20 full seconds at a certain 'top' speed before the speed randomly, gradually counts up to a second, slighty higher top speed, at which it will sit at for an eternity.

It's a strange phenomenon. Either way, needless to say, hardly any car's dashboard speed reflect the actual top speed.

I've got a chart going here: http://gta.wikia.com...#Vehicle_Speeds

I haven't begun updating article top speeds. I may begin removing current article speeds soon to suffice the changes to the test and avoid future confusion.
  • thehambone likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users