236 replies to this topic
Mr. Jago
  • Mr. Jago

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:35 AM

Esperanto.png

damn espantoso is like one of my favorite stations in the entire series

I have to say there's no station that I really hate (haven't played V yet so take that as you will) except maybe sf-ur, the host isn't really that funny or interesting and the music's plain repetitive, just can't get with it

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 19 March 2015 - 02:22 AM

Every station, except Channel X, in GTA V...The only songs I liked that are in other stations are, Only Girl n the World, and Everything She Wants on Non Stop FM...Basically because I already adored those songs before they were on GTA V...

poley23
  • poley23

Foreigner

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:33 AM

i was glad that Wildstyle wasn't featured in VCS. However thats not to say that Fresh 105 FM or Paradise FM were any better. Total waste of space IMO. Would have preferred more Power Ballads, New Wave, 80s Pop, Metal and Power Ballads. Foreigner all the way ;)

dognuts
  • dognuts

I look like a lick

• Victim of The Pit™
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

I actually like the Spanish stations lol. East Los has some catchy tunes, too. I'd say the worst is either Worldwide FM (sue me) or IF99 (Zombie was fun, though).

• Payne Killer likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Poster in Vehicles 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

I actually like the Spanish stations lol. East Los has some catchy tunes, too. I'd say the worst is either Worldwide FM (sue me) or IF99 (Zombie was fun, though).

I think this is the only song on East Los that I liked. It's pretty catchy.

• dognuts, Testarossa, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

dognuts
  • dognuts

I look like a lick

• Victim of The Pit™
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 March 2015 - 04:56 PM Edited by TheKillerDonuts, 19 March 2015 - 04:56 PM.

FANDANGO -- Autos, Moda Y Rock And Roll

Yep, that's my favorite. I also like Maldito, La Granja, Radio Capital and the infamous El Sonidito.

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Poster in Vehicles 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

Yep, that's my favorite. I also like Maldito, La Granja, Radio Capital and the infamous El Sonidito.

Criminal Sound ain't that bad either.

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

What's wrong with you guys? That music sh*t!! Try living in a country where they almost literally shove it down your throat, then you'll wanna shove a pencil in your ears...

Off-topic: Do you guys even understand the lyrics?
  • Ss4gogeta0, Testarossa, Niko Montana and 1 other like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

These boots are 100% wolverine hide

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:14 PM Edited by B Dawg, 19 March 2015 - 06:14 PM.

On GTA EFLC San Juan Sounds and Electro Choc. Removed them from EFLC completely, far better off with static noise.

dognuts
  • dognuts

I look like a lick

• Victim of The Pit™
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:23 PM

off-topic

Spoiler
  • Kevert, Pavle, Lowi and 3 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:23 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 23 March 2015 - 06:09 PM.

I'll list all for all games (most).

GTA2: Rockstar Radio, Rebel Radio

GTA3: Head Radio, Lips, Chatterbox

GTA VC: K-CHAT, VCPR, V-Rock

GTA SA: K-DST, K-Rose, WCTR

GTA LCS: Head Radio, Lips, LCFR

GTA VCS: V-Rock... can't remember others

GTA IV: Liberty Rock Radio, LCHC, PLR, WKTT, Integrity

GTA CTW: Anvil

GTA V: Non-Stop-Pop (I like only one song, others are just killing me), WorldWide FM (first radio to have Dubstep), Vinewood BLVD Radio, Channel X, Rebel Radio, LSRR, BCTR, WCTR

Concluding it all - I dislike most rock-ish things (I do like some classic rock, but REALLY old rock) and Dubstep. On the other hand, Techno, House, Drum and Bass, Rap... those are my jams. I'm not a hipster, but an oldschool guy. These are ofc only my opinions, get over it, I'm not hating on anyone :p

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

These boots are 100% wolverine hide

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:30 PM Edited by B Dawg, 19 March 2015 - 09:34 PM.

I hated updated Radio Broker. Seriously, they chose some of the worst songs possible. It's especially bad since the original was one of my favorite stations.

Updated Radio Broker kicked ass for the most part! Hell On Wheels, Get Ready To Die were pretty bad-ass, not to mention Nouveau Americain, Borderline, I Walk Alone, Shake It Loose, while the other 6 songs were okay-ish. Original Radio Broker had 2 flat-out sh*tty and annoying songs like Take It With a Kiss and No Sex For Ben but was a pretty solid station overall.

• The_Anti-tragedy, dognuts, Testarossa and 1 other like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:58 PM

I hated updated Radio Broker. Seriously, they chose some of the worst songs possible. It's especially bad since the original was one of my favorite stations.

Updated Radio Broker kicked ass for the most part! Hell On Wheels, Get Ready To Die were pretty bad-ass, not to mention Nouveau Americain, Borderline, I Walk Alone, Shake It Loose, while the other 6 songs were okay-ish. Original Radio Broker had 2 flat-out sh*tty and annoying songs like Take It With a Kiss and No Sex For Ben but was a pretty solid station overall.
Ditto...The best one was Command by Foxylane...

helpplease
  • helpplease

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:02 PM

GTA 3 has a monopoly on awful radiostations. Its like they had no budget whatsoever and so filled it up with cheap hip hop and rap.

GTA 4 also really annoyed me especially the Weasel news. Yeah I get it; its fox news. Its boring just like real life and then there is that black radio host. God damn is he annoying. Even more annoying that Trish from VC, 

Nico
  • Nico

Meet the new boss

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:07 PM

I guess it's hard to appreciate Radio Espantoso if your mother language isn't spanish. I quite like it, it has some interesting tunes (the VC rendition, I barely know the VCS one).

But the worst station of the series IMO is San Juan Sounds. Not because I dislike reggaeton and derivates -I really do- but due to the very few amount of songs, less than 10, you can easily see how they just put it to add realism to the game. They knew not many people from the game's target (US people mostly) would like it. It's basically a filler station.

This comes from someone who hasn't heard a single second of East Los FM yet, so probably I can be wrong.

dognuts
  • dognuts

I look like a lick

• Victim of The Pit™
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

But the worst station of the series IMO is San Juan Sounds. Not because I dislike reggaeton and derivates -I really do- but due to the very few amount of songs, less than 10, you can easily see how they just put it to add realism to the game. They knew not many people from the game's target (US people mostly) would like it. It's basically a filler station.

I personally loved San Juan Sounds, it's my favorite Spanish station lol. And TBoGT added a bunch of new songs, i think it doubled in size, so it broke out of the filler definition. But yeah, it did seem filler in original IV. I still liked it, though. Ven Bailalo, Virtual Diva, Suavemente and Maldades comes to mind first, those were damn catchy. Still, i didn't understand a thing of what i was hearing lol.

• airforcedude11 likes this

Nico
  • Nico

Meet the new boss

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

^ I forgot to say I was talking about the IV rendition, not the EFLC one. With a latin protagoinst on TBOGT they had the perfect chance to make SJS a decent station.

• The Deadite likes this

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

I'm guessing I'm the only one here who liked IV's San Juan Sounds?

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

I'm guessing I'm the only one here who liked IV's San Juan Sounds?

You are not the only one. :)

• (Ambient), Niko Montana and The Deadite like this

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:35 AM Edited by s2n vaniish, 28 March 2015 - 05:08 AM.

I'll list all for all games (most).

GTA2: Rockstar Radio, Rebel Radio
GTA3: Head Radio, Lips, Chatterbox
GTA VC: K-CHAT, VCPR, V-Rock
GTA SA: K-DST, K-Rose, WCTR
GTA LCS: Head Radio, Lips, LCFR
GTA VCS: V-Rock... can't remember others
GTA IV: Liberty Rock Radio, LCHC, PLR, WKTT, Integrity
GTA CTW: Anvil
GTA V: Non-Stop-Pop (I like only one song, others are just killing me), WorldWide FM (first radio to have Dubstep), Vinewood BLVD Radio, Channel X, Rebel Radio, LSRR, BCTR, WCTR

Concluding it all - I dislike most rock-ish things (I do like some classic rock, but REALLY old rock) and Dubstep. On the other hand, Techno, House, Drum and Bass, Rap... those are my jams. I'm not a hipster, but an oldschool guy. These are ofc only my opinions, get over it, I'm not hating on anyone :p

V-Rock is technically a metal radio station too, but not like Channel X, but you can include it in rock too.

Since you did that I think I will put mine least radio station in each game from III and up (Excluding CTW).
III: MSX FM (Sorry Jeansowaty)
Vice City: None Really
San Andreas: K-DST, K-DST, and K-DST (If it weren't for this radio station, SA would have the best soundtrack)
Liberty City Stories: MSX FM (Again, sorry)
Vice City Stories: If chosen, Paradise
IV and EFLC: All of them, if specific, Liberty Rock 
V: Non-Stop Pop, East Los FM, and Radio Los Santos

Apart from all the chat stations that are only really funny or interesting the first time you listen to them, I hate MSX (III), K-Rose (SA) and Fusion (IV)

Usually people who hate on K-Rose, are a bunch of 8 year olds saying "I'm cool because I listen to rap music".

Felzuma
  • Felzuma

Only takes one bullet.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

"UNO DOS TRES QUATRO! *BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPBEEPBEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*
  • theGTAking101 and Kafonix like this

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:20 AM

not to mention Nouveau Americain, Borderline, I Walk Alone, Shake It Loose, while the other 6 songs were okay-ish. Original Radio Broker had 2 flat-out sh*tty and annoying songs like Take It With a Kiss and No Sex For Ben but was a pretty solid station overall.

Those were some of the worst songs! Also, I liked those two songs on original Radio Broker. There's only one song on the original Radio Broker I disliked, but its name escapes me (it's just very obnoxious).

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Built a taqueria on the moon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

Heh, I loved Borderline. Across both variants of Radio Broker I only had one song I hated. I think it was LCD Soundsystem's "Get Innocuous!"

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:39 AM Edited by G.S.T, 31 March 2015 - 12:44 AM.

Normally for me, it's stations that I almost never LISTEN to. GTA III and LCS had Double Clef, K-JAH and Radio Del Mundo that while I didn't hate, were alot less listened to compared to others. I almost always ignored Espantoso (ironically "horrible" in Spanish) in VC and VCS, nothing against Latin music, it just never appealed to me. San Andreas didn't have alot of stations I disliked, even K-Rose and K-JAH West had some guilty pleasures for me (you notice that, 3 stations in SA with a "K" at the beginning???).

GTA IV was filled with stations I never cared for like International Funk, Vladivostok FM (except the EFLC version, obviously), The Beat 102.7, JNR, Massive B Soundsystem and especially San Juan Sounds. Not that these stations had bad music, just alot of it never did it for me. I do think GTA V's soundtrack is slighty better in this regard, but even then there's stations I just avoid like Radio Los Santos, Blue Ark FM, East Los FM 106.2 and WorldWide FM. I especially dislike Vinewood Boulevard Radio because I was hoping for a Radio X-successor (no, Channel X doesn't count) but instead got some annoying garage/surf rock station which as far I'm concerned, just serves as a secondary hipster station like Radio Mirror Park (which I actually really like some songs on).

Overall, I think it's generally agreed that East Los FM is the worst radio station in GTA history.

• lastmanonearth and icecoldkilla1467 like this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

universally appealing

• Facade Corporation
  • Mexico
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:49 AM

Heh, I loved Borderline. Across both variants of Radio Broker I only had one song I hated. I think it was LCD Soundsystem's "Get Innocuous!"

That was my favorite of the lot. :(

Borderline was my sh*t as well, mainly because it was in Forza 3.
  • The_Anti-tragedy, dognuts and Jeansowaty like this

lastmanonearth
  • lastmanonearth

Je suis Drunken Cowboy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:58 AM

I`m just replaying VC which I`ve beaten 5 times, just for the soundtrack. That and VCS, it`s insane how good the music is, it`s pretty much, "To devil with the game, I just wanna listen to this music!" LOL It`s funny and sad that they`ve stonafied the all new GTA music to the point the game is unrecognizable to those two, if you close your eyes and just listen that is. Maybe it`s my fault because I never play while stoned, am I missing out on something?

The_Anti-tragedy
  • The_Anti-tragedy

Built a taqueria on the moon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:52 AM

That was my favorite of the lot. :(

Borderline was my sh*t as well, mainly because it was in Forza 3.

:( Too bad, but at least we can both love Borderline. ;)

• Testarossa likes this

Arran B
  • Arran B

The '80s enthusiast.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:39 AM

East Los FM as it gives me a migraine after about five seconds of listening to it. WCTR on GTA V sucks too, the humour is completely off..

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Melodrama

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:44 AM Edited by NightSpectre, 01 April 2015 - 02:45 AM.

There might be some good tracks, but too many of them were awful. The worst part is when I downloaded TLAD, they carried over to the main game and seemed to get play far, far more than the originals. This made some hearing some of my favorite songs such as "Sleep Is Impossible", "Yadnus", and "Get Even" so rare it almost never happened. When I lost my account and had to start from scratch with no DLC I was bummed, but I was a bit happy I got to hear all the original tracks again with nothing interrupting them. 

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Usually people who hate on K-Rose, are a bunch of 8 year olds saying "I'm cool because I listen to rap music".

I'm always 100% a rap guy but I can't hate on K-Rose. Enjoy it so much when driving around the countryside and occasionally the desert. "Well I looooove a rainy night!" :lol:

• Osric likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users