Max Payne Series

561 replies to this topic
mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Does anyone know how to unlock Old School from the start, without having to finish the game twice to do so?. I have completed the game several times in the past (in oldschool) and I am definitely not in the mood to finish the game 3 times in a row now.

I thought Social Club was a bit useful and that at least saved you this trouble but it seems its not the case. Any suggestions?

I'm almost done playing the game on hard and after that i can play the game on old school maybe I can send h my save or something?

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

All Max Payne games are on sale @ Steam, Max Payne 3 Complete is on sale @ 70% off from $34.99 to $10.49 right 

• SaeedPCM likes this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homie

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

I never played Max Payne 3 and I oftenly lay the 2 others.

What are your favorite mods for the first 2 episodes?

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

For Max Payne 2: Payne Evolution mod, which makes the game more like the superior 3rd game.

Payne Effects 3 for the second game is also really good.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by rollschuh2282, 3 weeks ago.

ok, i don´t think there is a max payne 3 beta thread, so i will post this here, i think this is a beta screenshot with a part of the debugger tools

YuIQi3z.png
  • Spider-Vice, WildBrick142 and spitfire 26 rus like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is that a reflection map? 

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Is that a reflection map?

here the path: pc\data\cdimages\gtxd\s_office_parent01.rpf\s_office_parent01.wtd

i don´t know what these textures are for and why there not in the level files
  • Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 3 weeks ago.

Yeah files with the suffix _em are Environment Maps. That's interesting, they also did something similar in GTA IV where they left debug stuff on the screenshot. That looks so early, with the first person view and stuff... Shame that a lot of the textures in MP3 are blocky.

Also looks like the file was compiled in 2011. Inside the txt file in the RPF:

s_office_parent01.wtd|2011-10-25 12:07:54

Also a much more detailed Panama (s_pana_vcfoyer_parent.wtd):

VWM44b8.png

• UltraGizmo64, WildBrick142 and spitfire 26 rus like this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah files with the suffix _em are Environment Maps. That's interesting, they also did something similar in GTA IV where they left debug stuff on the screenshot. That looks so early, with the first person view and stuff... Shame that a lot of the textures in MP3 are blocky.

VWM44b8.png

i don´t think it was a first person view, it looks like it´s the left hand.

i think max used his weapons at some point with the left hand, and they just used freecam to move the camera to the left for the screenshot

• Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 3 weeks ago.

Yeah I guess that could've been it which explains the size of the hand. Meanwhile, looks like there's real life placeholder ads too:

https://i.imgur.com/pRi5pVa.png

https://i.imgur.com/SZRJS9I.png

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Noclue_42, 3 weeks ago.

All Max Payne games are on sale @ Steam, Max Payne 3 Complete is on sale @ 70% off from $34.99 to $10.49 right 

fuuuuuuck...that was MY deal cobra, MY DEAL!

no srsly, I would have so bought that! sheeeeeeeeeit!

for Max Payne 1 there was some matrix/kung fu mod. from what I recall it contained cool skins on pistols, new outfits for max but more importantly the whole movement was changed. your shootdodge was gone iirc, but you could lean in all 4 directions. and you could somewhat roundhousekick your enemies. I had a blast with that

something like that

OH, MY, GOD, I just found this.....I gotta get this running on my PC somehow

Vrock_wave
  • Vrock_wave

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Vrock_wave, 3 weeks ago.

VWM44b8.png

there in the textures there are some beta views such as this( Max Payne 3\pc\levels\s_air\ap_ext_depart.rpf\ap_ext_depart.wtd------ofc_atr_lbby_em )here the Branco office is mostly in green colors when the release is red

ofc_atr_lbby_em.png

just an old find--> I also compared some things and realized that on one of the levels of a single player (s_nyc) planned a courier train or a trip on it,since there are train paths that are not used but clearly belong to the levels (s_nyc) Also there are models of the station of paths of lanterns and  of signs of the direction of the fork.

Spoiler

• Spider-Vice, UltraGizmo64, WildBrick142 and 3 others like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Are there any weapon spawners/trainers for single player? Trying to test out all the weapons for something.

Vrock_wave
  • Vrock_wave

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Are there any weapon spawners/trainers for single player? Trying to test out all the weapons for something.

Probably no. Without editing sco scenario, we can not get control over things in mp3.
Аnyone knows where to get this tool to spawn things like helicopters and cars ?

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

quxxo
  • quxxo

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Probably no. Without editing sco scenario, we can not get control over things in mp3.
Аnyone knows where to get this tool to spawn things like helicopters and cars ?

What in the world... They made vehicle psychics for this game? Why?

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

I'm looking for something like this as well. It'll be cool to have a SNT type trainer for Max Payne 3.

What in the world... They made vehicle psychics for this game? Why?

It is the same engine used for GTA IV/V. So it's no surprise that they probably used the helicopter code from GTA for this.

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by D T, A week ago.

Someone needs to make a FOV slider for MP3. The default settings are nauseating at 4K.

SaeedPCM
  • SaeedPCM

RDR2 = GOTY 2018

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 5 days ago

ok my topic got locked :D ( i wanted to see what people think next max payne should be but no pb we can do it here :D )

ok guys IF max payne 4 or a reboot is on the way, what you want from next one?! ( it doesn't matter when game comes  2019 or 2025 or even if there will be no max payne 4 ever!!! just say what u want from next max payne )

my wish for next max payne ( max payne: maximum pain :lol: )

I wish max payne return and he needs another dark life ( like max payne 2 ) and needs to fall in love again!!! max payne 3 was good but max was like he is lost! ( and not even dark life like max 1 ,2 )

if i could make max payne 4 i would make max fall in love with mona sax's sister and fight for new life!!!

you agree with me? :/ :rol:

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

XMD5A

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Mister Pink, 3 days ago.

I would like to see it return to some gritty New York again. But this time, semi-open world. I think the linear 3rd person shooter model is dated. I think a mixture of levels like the old-style with some semi-open world where there are sections of map you can explore, investigate would be nice. A bit like The Warriors, where you have a few blocks. Within those few blocks you can have a lot of interiors, alleyways, ladders to climb, apartments, abandoned houses etc. Similar to Deus Ex where the map parts you explore are detailed.The map sections are small but you can do a lot in them like go in to the sewers, climb ladders and find alternative ways in to apartments and buildings. You can climb through air-ducts and much more.  

Revamp the game, almost completely but keeping the fundamental things that makes the story and the atmosphere and the gun-play great.

I would like to see a some stealth brought in to it. Hiding in shadows, climbing fire escape ladders in the night, breaking in to an enemies apartment to steal some evidence or planting drugs on them so you can arrest them.

Mix this with some linear Max Payne gameplay, like have a huge throwback mission where you are must reach the top of a building to take out a boss, going each floor at a time, wiping out a gang using close-combat action. Diving out from corners, rolling down stairs, climbing on the outside ledges like in the old game or like Splinter Cell: Conviction. Climb up drain-pipes, peer in windows, avoiding enemies. Silently take down enemies or go classic Max Payne style. 

All set at night, sometimes in the rain. Maybe in the winter too. 

Story could be before Max Payne 3 and after Max Payne 2. Max trying to find some sort of redemption, some sort of closure, befriends a man in need a man in danger accidentally when he Max see's him being threatened by thugs as he stumbles home from a bar. Max intervenes but ends up getting beat up because he's drunk and on painkillers. The man ends up actually saving Max.. The man has a young family and he reminds him of Max's own family. Max feels obliged, lonely. It's not obvious why but Max feels compelled to help him. He get's embroiled in this man's life's troubles but does so to protect the mans family, just like Max couldn't protect his own. You can take the Max out of the NYPD but you can't take the NYPD out of Max. His detective instincts kick in. 

We follow Max through the underbelly of New York's crime gangs, uncovering, corruption, deception, murder, drugs and vice. Max is angry. Max takes is taking revenge on any drug-dealing criminal, even if they had nothing to do with his family's deaths.

• SaeedPCM likes this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 days ago

Another Max Payne title in New York could work if set before Max Payne 3. It could be about Max's rooke days before Max Payne 1. Max Payne trying to solve a gritty conspiracy murders somewhere between 1-2. If it's a sequel of Max Payne 3 it can be about the DeMarco's trying to hunt down Max, perhaps Winterson's blind son trying to avenge her too. Even though it's not a dark, gritty New York setting, I'd like to see a desert type setting for Max Payne, like Blaine County from V with Max trying to hunt down meth labs and redneck gangsters.

• SaeedPCM likes this

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Lift thine eyes up

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

literally there is no reason for there to be a direct sequel to max payne 3 - the demarcos don't know where max is and he probably won't go back to New Jersey, and Max is finally at peace.

and as for the max payne 4 between 2 and 3 thing, all max did was get hammered at a bar or sit around watching tv at home, which was shown in the comics

Vrock_wave
  • Vrock_wave

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

ok my topic got locked :D ( i wanted to see what people think next max payne should be but no pb we can do it here :D )

ok guys IF max payne 4 or a reboot is on the way, what you want from next one?! ( it doesn't matter when game comes  2019 or 2025 or even if there will be no max payne 4 ever!!! just say what u want from next max payne )

my wish for next max payne ( max payne: maximum pain :lol: )

I wish max payne return and he needs another dark life ( like max payne 2 ) and needs to fall in love again!!! max payne 3 was good but max was like he is lost! ( and not even dark life like max 1 ,2 )

if i could make max payne 4 i would make max fall in love with mona sax's sister and fight for new life!!!

you agree with me? :/ :rol:

I'm craving for Max Payne 4  :lol: I would like more freedom in the movement of a freer world for example like LA_noire. Аs it would be possible to do the work of detective slaughter department something in this spirit is not only a strong lazy story. 

a little fun :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users