Max Payne Series

567 replies to this topic
straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

Anyone else feel like Victor Branco was Rockstar's least memorable antagonist? I personally find him to not be very interesting.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:31 PM Edited by Arrow, 19 January 2017 - 12:32 PM.

Anyone else feel like Victor Branco was Rockstar's least memorable antagonist? I personally find him to not be very interesting.

He wasn't a bad antagonist TBH. He lacked in a few ways, unlike Vladamir who had everything planned. He moonlighted as a nice politician though. His cover story was really convincing in the first part where he hires Max. He had a nice plan to hire Max and him take the fall for everything he had been doing. That's a commendable and wasn't an easy guess for anyone to figure him as the bad guy. I wouldn't consider him least memorable. Nicole Horne would be the least memorable. I always felt that her story behind hiring Vinnie and the cleaners wasn't well knit.
  • UltraGizmo64, Payne Killer and Wingate167 like this

misho339
  • misho339

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

She didn't hire any of them.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:06 PM

Anyone here a fan of Half-Life mods? The popilar 'Half-Payne' mod for Half-Life has been released. It brings elements from Max Payne to Half-Life, bullet time, shootdodges, dual pistols, Max' commentaries, painkillers and all that. It's pretty faithful to the original Max Payne and you should totally check it out.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/half-payne

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:02 PM Edited by toxluv, 16 May 2017 - 07:57 PM.

Don't y'all hate the fact that there wasn't "Dead Man Walking" in Max payne 3?

Talking about single player, by the way.

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:33 AM

Don't y'all hate the fact that there wasn't "Dead Man Walking" in Max payne 3?

Talking about single player, by the way.

Dead Man Walking would've been cool.

Personally, I would love the option to play the game in Noir Mode without having to play it in Arcade Mode.

• Payne Killer likes this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:48 PM

Will there ever be a new MP?

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

Probably not, Max's story is finished. No need to bring him back into the dark, give the man some breathing room, he's earned it.
  • Wingate167 likes this

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:49 AM

I would love more Max Payne! Maybe a prequel/ spin-off/ sequel?

• confederatestatesgta likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:50 PM Edited by Niobium, 02 June 2017 - 04:51 PM.

max payne's story may be finished, but i would still like a cinematic, third-person shooter on the level of MP3

• Sunrise Driver, Journey_95, Tigereyesxx and 1 other like this

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

Probably not, Max's story is finished. No need to bring him back into the dark, give the man some breathing room, he's earned it.

He's skipped an entire gen, that's enough breathing room. I'd like some sort of reboot or prequel game on PS5

• BurnettVice likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:17 AM

Max's story is over IMO but I'd love to see a spin off with a new character and the bullet time mechanics. They are too good to not be used by Rockstar again.
  • confederatestatesgta likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:06 AM

yes max payne 3 was amazing. I would love to see a sequel of some sort. maybe we could follow passos. I liked him and would like to see more of his story or backstory. maybe things didn't work out with his new life and got involved in bad things. and it could be the same type of gameplay using 3s mechanics. even if not passos they could do a whole new story with a new character but same mechanics. they could have it set in a new country. either way I do hope we get another addition to the max payne series.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

Pretty much how I felt with the ending to Max Payne 3, he gets peace for once in his life and moves on from the deaths of those he loved.

• Payne Killer likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Gutted

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:53 PM Edited by Fallcreek, 13 July 2017 - 03:53 PM.

Yeah, Max's story is dunions. 

If they were to make a new Max Payne game though, I think I'd like to see Remedy's renedition of Max Payne 3. Like how there's a Deadrising 2, then Deadrising 2: Off the Record kind of dealio. 

They could also just make a spin-off on Mona Sax's exploits, whether's it's a prequel, or going off the Dead on Arrival ending.

• Payne Killer and Wingate167 like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:08 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 13 July 2017 - 04:08 PM.

Remedy's plans for Max Payne 3 were in Alan Wake.

• SchizNitz, UltraGizmo64, Fallcreek and 2 others like this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:34 AM

Nice find, didn't know that, although I have 100%'d Alan Wake.

So is the Max Payne 4 coming in the future or not?

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Max Payne's narrative has concluded IMO what can he do next? go back to NYC & fight the DeMarco family, maybe? I think he should stay retired. 

I'm not always one for remasters, but in the case of Max Payne 3, I would make an exception. I heard a more than likely bullsh*t rumour that L.A Noire was getting remastered with a first person option (boring if true) but give me Max Payne 3 with a first person option and I will be a very happy man! 

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:25 AM

You could probably do a prequel set it in between 1 and 2. Max goes back to America, he decides to go to L.A or some other city.  The Demarcos find out he's back in the states and put a hit out on him. A spin off about Mona Sax could be interesting. Maybe have it set in alternate reality where she didn't die. I had an idea where she and Max become private investigators but that would only work if R* didn't kill her off. Does anyone still play MP3 on PS3? If so do you have dead men walking the co-op mode where one guy plays as Max and the other as Passos?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:31 AM

Well, theoretically Remedy killed her off, not R*. :p She was only alive in Max Payne 2's Dead on Arrival (iirc) ending.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:42 AM

I never played Max Payne 1 or 2.

But when R* released the Max Payne 3 on PC I got interested and it was a very good game, finished it twice on medium and hard difficulty.

Wingate167
  • Wingate167

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

Max Payne's narrative has concluded IMO what can he do next? go back to NYC & fight the DeMarco family, maybe? I think he should stay retired. 

I'm not always one for remasters, but in the case of Max Payne 3, I would make an exception. I heard a more than likely bullsh*t rumour that L.A Noire was getting remastered with a first person option (boring if true) but give me Max Payne 3 with a first person option and I will be a very happy man! 

Fighting the DeMarco family is the only way I could see part 4 happening. However, on the Panama flashback, Max finds a newspaper in which there's an article that talks about the DeMarco family fighting the Pulinchiellos.in a gang war. I think Anthony DeMarco would learn Max is still alive and comes down to Brazil to kill him in a stand off. I'd just think he got killed in the war eventually.

But still, the one thing I had an issue with the story of Max Payne 3 is couldn't Max have wounded Tony instead of flat out killing him?

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

Max is free to go anywhere and do anything "he" wants. His story is over when he's dead, which he isn't. To the contrary, he's better than he's ever been since his wife and baby girl got killed.

• Wingate167 likes this

Tigereyesxx
  • Tigereyesxx

Hand of Friendship or Fist of Enmity?.....

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

But when R* released the Max Payne 3 on PC I got interested and it was a very good game, finished it twice on medium and hard difficulty.

You missed a landmark in gaming, you totally have to play those games, even if the mechanics seem awful, there is a special fairydust that made Rockstar great...
  • Spider-Vice, Journey_95 and Payne Killer like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:24 AM Edited by Noclue_42, 24 July 2017 - 11:24 AM.

You missed a landmark in gaming, you totally have to play those games, even if the mechanics seem awful, there is a special fairydust that made Rockstar great...

I might slightly misinterpret what you say here, so no offense, but you make it sound like the Max Payne series was invented by R* when really it was REMEDY who created the franchise.

Rockstar got involved right after Max Payne 1 iirc, they were involved in the 2nd, for the 3rd they were on their own, had Remedy consulting though. Back then Sam knew Max Payne 1 was the sh*t so he packed a big bag of cash and flew to finland and made friends there! In Retrospective a really cool/good move I suppose. Seeing what he does these days...sigh. ANYHOW, At that time R* had GTA 3 killing it, revolutionizing the industry and so was REMEDY when they brought bullet time (in incredible style) to the gaming table. 2001! it was the year that changed soooo much in the gaming world. and yes this franchise is one of, if not THE best in the ThirdPersonShooter genre. The last, Max Payne 3 was incredible in terms of gunplay, online was so intense it reminded me of unreal tournament back in the days- MP3 is unreached to this day: incrediblly fluent fast-paced action-jammed gunplay man....just peng peng peng, the adrenaline rush, and you get to do it in slow mo and shootdodge through windows and when on the ground you just keep at it, left and right, crawling on the floor. the most underrated game of all time if you ask me!

it is my favorit franchise I guess. and it was born in finland, by REMEDY games! just sayin ;)

• Tigereyesxx and icecoldkilla1467 like this

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Who said we can't have a story before Max Payne 1 or between 2 and 3?

I demand Max Payne 4

• Noclue_42 and Tigereyesxx like this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

ok, does someone still have the maxpayne3.exe from steam with the debug menu?

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:39 PM Edited by Journey_95, 04 August 2017 - 07:01 PM. please don't double post

I think they were even better than MP3. MP3 was fantastic as well but the whole Branco drama wasn't very engaging (why should I care for them) and Sam Lake's writing was definitely missed overall.

Eh. Practically everything about that game is inferior to the other two IMO, aside from the graphics/physics compared to the first. The love story is literally worse than Twilight and the characters/enemies were boring as f*ck.

The only thing I like about it is how moddable it is, there's some amazing sh*t out there for MP2.

Disagree completely, the Max and Mona relationship was executed very well in my opinion. Probably one of the better one's in gaming even. She is a far better character than anyone in MP3 (the Branco family is one cliche after another especially, the only memorable character is Passos. Antagonist wise Vladimir sh*ts over Victor as well).

In MP3 Max also felt dumbed down, dialogue wise. Gameplay wise its obviously superior but I think I prefer the first two games in terms of story and characters (with the second one being the best)

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:21 PM

Does anyone know how to unlock Old School from the start, without having to finish the game twice to do so?. I have completed the game several times in the past (in oldschool) and I am definitely not in the mood to finish the game 3 times in a row now.

I thought Social Club was a bit useful and that at least saved you this trouble but it seems its not the case. Any suggestions?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users