Heist failure stories

1,624 replies to this topic
AllNighter1
  • AllNighter1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

On the Fleeca Heist Set Up, my friend and I kept having stupid sh*t happen.

First, we shot the cars surrounding the Kuruma a few too many times and they caught fire and exploded. Boom went the Kuruma. A few more times, lol.

I tried shooting through the window of a parked SUV and it blew up with me using it as cover.

We both drove up in Sandking PV and started shooting, yet the NPC thugs were literally bulletproof (pretty sure this was a glitch).

Last time we played, the NPCs were alerted before we even arrived at the garage, wtf?

Then, server issues, no more online play :/

I'll try again this upcoming weekend with my friend to see if these issues have been smoothed out.

Anyone else blow up the Kuruma?

J00700
  • J00700

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

Me and my friends were playing the Prison Break finale. After rescuing the prisoner me and the other ground team member delivered the prisoner to the plane after he landed right past a big pile of cop cars, which the both of us had to shoot our way through. However we didn't know that I also had to enter the plane, since we didn't hear anything about it or see an objective telling me to do so. So the plane pilot took off with the real and fake prisoners without me and we didn't realize I had to be on until they were already in the air. 

We had a solid three or four minutes of the plane trying to find a safe landing zone to pick me up while I fended off hoards of cops and the helicopter blew the police choppers out of the sky. In the end we failed, but we were all too busy laughing to care. It was probably the most cinematic and movie-worthy moment I have ever seen in a GTA game. I have never seen such carnage. 

N_Thomas74
  • N_Thomas74

Oh Yeah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:43 PM

When waiting for my crew mate to land the hydra at Sandy shores, i decided to land my lazer jet, so did my other crew mate. We crashed head on. Ooooooooooh.

Jahgee
  • Jahgee

Jeff Gordon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:54 PM

Only done the 1st Heist, so far I've failed once when my partner didn't shoot out the camera.  However I did manage to fail the first prep mission, when I got the Granger wedged somewhere and revved the engine until it lit on fire and eventually exploded :lol:

jtate724
  • jtate724

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:17 AM

This morning I was doing the prison break heist with three random people. First try i was the pilot and after everyone made it onto the plane i started down the runway to gain speed. As soon as i lifted off the buzzard pilot decided to try and fly over me ending in all four of us dying.

33d
  • 33d

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:21 AM Edited by GERM!, 12 March 2015 - 12:21 AM.

hosting the first setup mission for the fourth heist with a friend, which is to attack a boat off the coast for some drugs
the 2 randoms who joined were pretty low level but I thought I would give them a chance, they were assigned to the heli team me and my friend were ground team
literally the first thing they did was crash the helicopter into the boat. twice 

gravis
  • gravis

I'm a peace-loving decoy, ready for retaliation

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:34 AM

OMFG

Delivering the EMP to the Humane Labs. Only instruction, do not let the f*cking guards discover you. Random teammate: let's hop into the LAPV and drive in the middle of the f*cking laboratory, just because..

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:42 AM

Super pissed Fleece Bank heist.

Did everything. Got to rob the bank. drove awayy. Got to the cargobob and he had no magnet hanging. I did this 3 times and then decided to exit and try again. WRONG MOVE. But nothing else to try n do.

Lester called me saying w/e basically meaning I completed the heist but I didnt. No option to try it again, no money, and Kuruma not unlocked. Then got a call from Lester for next heist.

Really. F u [email protected] Sent a ticket in. saw others had same problem. Stupid sh*t

MONKEYbusinezz5
  • MONKEYbusinezz5

what's a madrazo?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:50 AM

Trying to do the car-stealing setup mission for Prison Break. I climb the thing that grabs the crates in an effort to snipe the enemies before they can kill us. My teammate had the same idea. We bump into each other trying to climb up the thing. I fall to my doom. Jesus Christ that was bad.

Wesyeed
  • Wesyeed

Internet brat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:09 AM

Yours are good mine is better. We were JUST bout to finish friggin prison break. Just finished my part as pilot. We're ready to go, everything's cool, landed the plane, ready to pick everybody up. Numb nut walks into the propeller of the plane.

All our effort wasted. This game has got to be the dumbest but most awesome update I've ever played in my entire life....

• GrandReaping likes this

OBeef619
  • OBeef619

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

Dude spent ages hacking the network in Flecca. Got out, hitting the car with the hammer, face palming. Frustrated, started ramming the doors to the bank. Killed a hostage inside from ramming.
  • Oobe likes this

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:16 AM

Prison Breakout - Took about 1 hour to complete the finale.. 95% of the fails were from the team in the Prison dying plenty of times.. finally after 50 minutes, they made it out and drove to my location (the Pilot) which was at Sandy Shores Airfield... you would think that after so many tries this would be it.

Prisoner got on, friend #1 got on... then I noticed friend #2 go to the opposite side of the stairs and right away I knew something was going to go wrong, just in case I yelled in the party chat "Alan, watch out for the blades!" and sure enough he walked right into them and we all groaned but there was also some laughter involved as well. We finally finished it 2 tries later.

Thank god I'm playing with very close friends of mine, otherwise I would have simply destroyed my PS4 in half for wasting so much time on a heist that would probably take no more than 15 minutes if done correctly.

• MarkT likes this

Wesyeed
  • Wesyeed

Internet brat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

Prison Breakout - Took about 1 hour to complete the finale.. 95% of the fails were from the team in the Prison dying plenty of times.. finally after 50 minutes, they made it out and drove to my location (the Pilot) which was at Sandy Shores Airfield... you would think that after so many tries this would be it.

Prisoner got on, friend #1 got on... then I noticed friend #2 go to the opposite side of the stairs and right away I knew something was going to go wrong, just in case I yelled in the party chat "Alan, watch out for the blades!" and sure enough he walked right into them and we all groaned but there was also some laughter involved as well. We finally finished it 2 tries later.

Thank god I'm playing with very close friends of mine, otherwise I would have simply destroyed my PS4 in half for wasting so much time on a heist that would probably take no more than 15 minutes if done correctly.

damn this is more common than I thought. I guarantee we'll get more stories like this...

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:25 AM Edited by D9fred95, 12 March 2015 - 02:27 AM.

I tried to start the Prison Bus setup of the Prison Break heist. Took me 3 hours to get 3 randoms together because all my friends were off doing other things. I had a tough time finding a police car because none spawned. Later, the two guys to steal the car were being chased by gangsters and one of them died, not too far out from the drop off location. Instant fail, then I got stuck in a loading screen trying to restart. Then I rage quitted.

gravis
  • gravis

I'm a peace-loving decoy, ready for retaliation

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

At least you didn't leave the real prisoner behind. We did.. But we still managed to finish it for the first try

Scottyb825
  • Scottyb825

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:29 AM

Doing the final prison heist...everything is going well and the pilot in the plane is attempting to escape to police...dude gets cocky and does a loop and right into a police helicopter. 

We restart.....everything goes well again.  The crew jumps out of the airplane and the release point.  I'm in the buzzard at the beach waiting for the crew.  Everybody gets in the helicopter and the same guy that crashed the plane earlier goes to get in the helicopter and walks right into the tail rotor killing himself.  And before you think it was some dude being a troll I can tell you it was not.  It was just some dorky dude that just plain screwed up.

Joeharness15
  • Joeharness15

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:36 AM

completed the prison heist. i mean literally 99% complete. so we go to regroup on the beach me and 2 other players make it fine but the last guy jumps off the rock cliff to his death. ..... like really bro...?!?!

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:37 AM

Prison Bus Setup:

I was trying to get around the bus to kill the cops before they mess around with a member who's stealing the bus.

Then, LSPD heli fell from the sky f*cking right at the spot where I was going. I took the split second the run back after saying "Holy Sh*t" seeing the heli falling down.

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:38 AM

damn this is more common than I thought. I guarantee we'll get more stories like this...

Looking back, it almost feels like they dragged on that one a bit longer just for someone to mess up like that... they even have you parachute down to the beach to get on the Buzzard (one wrong move and you can land on the blades or bash your head into the rocks)

Once we got on the Buzzard, friend #3 which was the Buzzard guy, ALMOST crashed into the first telephone pole we saw which was about 10 seconds away from the beach. We pretty much saw our lives flash before our eyes while screaming before he ended up turning just in time.

Blackhailer
  • Blackhailer

Bad

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:39 AM

I accidentally got into an NPC police car thinking it was my teammate in one of the setup missions. Let's just say the cops weren't too happy about me hitching along. 

• clevertrev, T.V. Eye and Garni like this

SuzukiRazgriz
  • SuzukiRazgriz

Paleto Bay's Resident Blue Vixen

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2015 - 02:46 AM

Flew the Hydra right into my teammate's jet during Human Labs.

Got one better, Me and my friends were getting the truck and then we flipped, I was in the gunner seat, got crushed, and failed.

T.V. Eye
  • T.V. Eye

Prankster

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:06 AM

As the prisoner, I took a wrong turn and went up a ladder and was told I was 'out of bounds'. Tried to jump down, GOT CAUGHT __IN__ THE FRAKKIN LADDER. Couldn't get out, mission terminated. .....kay.

The disconnections are the absolute worst.

I've done plenty of stupid stuff, though.
-Killing a hostage in Fleeca
-falling off the ladder after sniping the lawyers
-managed to blow myself and passenger up when landing the heli on the frat boy yacht
-dying as the prisoner
^ not gonna lie, this one is kind of hard without hardly any weapons and the other guy running off somewhere.

CXZAR
  • CXZAR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

On my first try at the flecca bank heist, due to a defective controller, due to many accidental falls to the ground floor... I couldnt manage to get the hacking done in time, the driver, got insane and stepped out of the car, triggered the alarm, failed the mission and then send me a message that only said "noob" .... but yeah, in the end, it was my fault. 

• clevertrev likes this

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:28 AM

Joined the Kuruma prep mission with a random. I already have an armored Kuruma and chose it as a personal vehicle. We parked at the south side of the parking garage and used my car for cover. Then the random used some type of explosive to kill himself, blow up my car, and wound me all at once. I almost died having to run to a parked Baller for cover, and he already used the extra life. But we still managed to clear out the rooftop and steal their Kuruma. 

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:35 AM

Playing with a crew member on the Police Station setup mission for Prison Break. We both called the LSPD by emergency services, and two cars with four cops in them showed up. He took one cop out, I was right next to the second when I tried to draw my Carbine out of habit, but only had a pump shotgun and pistol. That cop near me also had a pump shotgun...

I respawned, and still had a three star wanted level, so I had to run and gun towards a subway station, and almost died in the process. Then after losing the cops and getting a soda, the heist leader drove the cop car to the station I was hiding in, along the tracks. 

Finally. We were instructed to destroy the Police car. So doused with gas and set on fire. The leader was a little two close to the car and got knocked down by a flying chunk of it. I'll have that mishap up on Youtube tomorrow.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:12 AM

Did prison heist perfectly, buddy thought head butting propellers was a good idea. 10/10

Same exact thing happened to me. This after multiple restarts, the 4th slot being randoms who quit or DC'd. Glad I'm not the only knucklehead to do this!

beyondinfinate
  • beyondinfinate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:17 AM Edited by beyondinfinate, 12 March 2015 - 05:18 AM.

Was doing the Prison Heist finale....it had to be our groups 4-5 try. We got everything done! Everyone jumped in the plane. I was flying, got us to the jump out spot. I thought wouldn't it suck if someone died from the jump...We all jump, and I hear my buddy in the mic "OH NO! WTF!? That's a fail!" Somehow his opened parachute disappeared and he fell to the ground. He was the leader and since he had been trying for hours to beat it he rage quit.

BeersInsteadofGears
  • BeersInsteadofGears

Probably drunk

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:25 AM Edited by BeersInsteadofGears, 12 March 2015 - 05:43 AM.

I was a random joining up on the Prison Break Heist finale, and was the driver of the bus (dressed up as a guard). Go and collect the bus, the dude dressed up as the prisoner and the demolition guy jump in and we head off to Bolingbroke Penitentiary.

I drive in all professional like, and before I've even got in the front gates the noob demolition guy hops out of the bus just before the gates open and I drive forward. I sh*t my pants thinking our cover will be instantly blown and the guy hops back in the bus. Phew. Drive to the yellow blip where and the guy jumps out again! Right next to some guards. But nothing happens....far out that was close. 

Then the dude flying the Velum crashes.....FAIL

A glitch not allowing us to loose cops. A whole heist and time wasted. 

I find this happens when you are sharing a ride with someone. If you exit the car and hide you should be able to loose them. For some reason the wanted level hangs around if you have a passenger in the car regardless of whether any cops are around.

Wesyeed
  • Wesyeed

Internet brat

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:29 AM Edited by Wesyeed, 12 March 2015 - 05:29 AM.

OMG SOME dude just commits suicide just as we're about to finish EMP mission. F Heists. I'm so done with this crap. That's all it is replay all day... forget that. Fix it or else Rockstar.

andrewr23
  • andrewr23

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

i can't pass the last setup of humane labs....everytime one of us gets spotted 

• Sir_Anymous likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users