Many people see the GTA:LC files and think of all the cool ways they could mod GTA III in VC's engine. Hey, we all want to have fun, right? Well just like with GTA III and GTA:VC, anybody with GTA:LC installed can mod their game to their liking however they want.
In the past, we have pushed aside all such talk because we only had the one thread to work with and that was our only way to get work done. But we want you to have fun and to be able to enjoy our work any way you like. So now you can have this thread to release your mods for GTA:LC, offer ideas, suggestions, and requests for such mods.
So what's the difference between an official mod and unofficial mod? For the most part, it's just going to be the difference between what's actually in GTA III and what isn't. If it's in GTA III, then it belongs in GTA:LC. If it's not in GTA III, then it could be an unofficial mod and belongs here.
See this post for a full list of suggestions for unofficial mods that came about as a result of a not-so-recent poll about what should be added to the official version of LC.
If your mod isn't listed here, post in this thread to make us aware of its existence.
File | Author(s) | Latest Update | File Size | Tested on Beta 3.1
- X-Box Textures | [4D]Outback | Feb 9 2004 | 360 KB
- Modded Vice City BF Injection | [4D]Outback | Mar 19 2004 | 67 KB
- GTA3 Beta Police Vehicle | Monitor57 | May 24 2004 | 638 KB
- Hi-Res HUD Weapon Icons | Commando Funebrero | May 26 2004 | 1.62 MB
- LC Arsenal | Commando Funebrero / PsychoFreak | Jul 30 2004 | 1.82 MB
- GPS Radar Pack | Hammer83 | Jan 25, 2005 | 654.7 KB
- GTA3 FBI Cheetah | silver007 | Jan 15 2006 | 112 KB
- SA Vehicles For LC | silver007 | Aug 12 2005 | 314 KB
- LC Style Weapons Icons | Main_Salvadore | Aug 29 2005 | 31.5 KB
- LC Premier | scalliano | Sep 20 2005 | 39 KB
- Snow Mod for LC | NathanHenry | Oct 5 2005 | 2.02 MB
- VC Cars In LC (Alpha 0.1) | --Cole-- | Nov 5 2005 | 1.116 MB
- Non-hostile Gangs | Konstantinos | Nov 10 2005 | 1.4 KB
- VC Weapons In LC | Konstantinos | Dec 17 2005 | 722 KB
- SA Claude for LC | silver007 | Dec 27 2005 | 111 KB
- "Hello Again" LCS Sign for LC | silver007 | Dec 27 2005 | 24.7 KB
- Shoreside Bridge for LC | Created for GTAIII by Mr Milti. Released for GTA:LC by Ben | Jan 5 2006 | 185 KB
- X-box GTA3 Wheels | Run Down That Guy | Feb 5 2006 | 159.8 KB
- Bike Missions | bloodyskies | Feb 19 2006 | 759.5 KB
- SA Claude Skin Pack (Tree-Boy and Beavis!) | marr0w | Mar 19 2006 | 116.6 KB
- Liberty Studios | ceedj | Mar 29 2006 | 240.6 KB
- New Train Model/Interior | Nach_Scratch | Apr 10 2006 | 269 KB
- LCS Police Bike | Nach_Scratch | Apr 11 2006 | 68 KB
- Improved Road Textures | Diamond Joe Quimby | Jul 5 2006 | 4.48 MB
- ID Cheat Fix | Konstantinos | Aug 27 2006 | 981.3 KB
- "Clean" LC Cars - LCS Style | Sinful | Sep 1 2006 | 1.36 MB
- LC To LCS (DEAD LINK) | Nach_scratch, NathanHenry, TripleAs |Oct 13 2006 | 65.08 MB
- Empty Liberty City | spaceeinstein | Dec 28 2006 | 54.7 KB
- Northern Lights mod | spaceeinstein | Mar 1 2007 | 8 KB
- LC Stripped Complete SCM | spaceeinstein | Jul 22 2011 | 88.8 KB | YES
- GTA New New York Beta 1 | New New York Team | May 11 2007 | 66 MB
- Blue Radar (Beta-like) | [CTD]LaBan | Sep 2 2007 | 196 KB
- Frozen Liberty City v1.1 | TheDude5000 | Dec 9 2007 | 8.45 MB
- Billboards of Revolution 1.0 | Cowboy 666 | Dec 25 2007 | 15.8 MB
- "The Ultimate Stunt-Park" for GTA:LC | Created for GTAIII by ODIE, Converted to LC by jcab42, Provided byWhat!? | Jan 11 2009 | 706 KB
- Intercity Highway for GTA:LC | Created for GTAIII by ODIE and Illspirit, Converted to LC by jcab42, Provided by What!? | Jan 31 2009 | 1.54 MB
- Access To The Staunton Island Stadium | jcab42 | Dec 14 2010 | 205 KB | YES
- Ultimate Liberty City Map for GTA:LC 3.1 | jcab42, C.U.N.T.eyes, Diamond Joe Quimby, Illspirit, ODIE, Rowell Ray Shih, Skizot, What!? | Jan 09 2011 | 6.3 MB | YES
- Natural HD Textures|Niko Belic 605|Aug 13 2017|53.96 MB
Below is a list of some of the most common tools you'll need when it comes to installing the mods listed above. However, I also recommend you check out the Tools forum for a more complete list.
Tool | Author | Description
- IMG Tool 2.0 | Spooky | For modifying your gta3.img file (adding, deleting, etc., files from the archive).
- Sanny Builder | Seemann | For modifying your main.scm (customised for Liberty City).
- Collision File Editor II | steve-m | For editing files with .col extension, which control collision data.
- (Magic) TXD Builder | DK22Pac | Builds texture dictionaries with various settings.
- For information on how to install a mod, please contact the author via PM if a readme is not included.
- The mods are not guaranteed to work with all versions of GTA:LC, although most should work.
- This is a restoration topic. I'm terrible with tables, so if someone could teach me on how to restore them, please let me know.
- Is a link dead? Let me know. If you have the mod and can reupload it, please contact me.
- Want your mod added? Contact me.