38 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

It usually is the Side Missions which are the harder things to do in the 3D Era GTA's.  Usually the Story is the easiest part.

Air Rescue is so boring.  Horrible Helicopter Physics.  They fly so damn slow, just like how slow the Boats drive when you need them for Import/Export, etc...

I just do Air Rescue Level 1 through 15 consecutively.  It's ultra easy, anyways.  Just boring.  Every single Level 15 Side Mission in VCS, I do them all in one go.  Like I said above, my Stats for the Mission Attempts are perfect other than +1 extra for the stupid Taxi Fares.

RIGHT as I was dropping a passenger off, the time ran out and I then activated Taxi again to finish it, but it added an extra Mission Attempt to my Stats and there was no way I was doing those again.  I hate Taxi Missions in VCS and they take forever.

FrostShard
  • FrostShard

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2016 - 06:04 AM Edited by FrostShard, 13 January 2016 - 09:40 AM.

*Deleted comment*

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

Yup, it's around 30-40 Fares for me.  I believe I did 36 Fares or something.  What sucks I was at like $4,689 or something when I ran out of time.  When I reactivated it, I did 2 more Fares and I had the percentage.  Thus why it annoys me that I have +1 in my Mission Attempts Stat all cuz of 2 Fares I did AFTER doing 35 in a row or something.  VCS Side Missions just suck and that is why VCS is my least favorite of III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS.  I'm glad I got the 49.20% Starter Save, but it's not enough.  I should be able to get like 65% done in the beginning lol

Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

Seems like I do indeed have everything done. 49.2% on my game.

VCS is actually my favorite of the PS2 GTAs, barely edging out SA. But SA feels so different than the others it's in its own class. I definitely prefer VCS to VC, although I agree some of the side missions are fairly annoying. Especially the helicopter Ambulance and Fire missions. Even with the checkpoints (and assuming you don't care about missions attempted stat, which I don't) they're a major pain. But doing them all in one is even worse.

I still think the safehouse weapon spawns suck, though.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2016 - 12:40 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 14 December 2016 - 03:48 PM.

Yeah, for me VCS is my LEAST favorite of the five 3D Era GTA's.  I am about to re-do my Starter Save and am starting it in two days.  I am re-doing it all because it has 11 Attempts and not 10, which is the lowest.  It also has too many Safehouse Visits and Pay and Spray Visits, as well.  All of these things will be lower on my next time through it.

About SA, I like it the most of the 3D Era since it's clearly the most challenging for a Starter Save AND Special Vehicles.  Not to mention EP/FP Conversion, EC/EM Conversion, and AP Conversion.  III, VC, LCS, and VCS are great, but SA is just so much more for me in ALL aspects...

I don't like VCS much due to too many Side Missions, Level 15 R3 Missions and a lot of them, slow Helicopter Physics (rain sucks when flying, too), slow Boat Physics, etc, etc.  Like the Import/Export List 4 for Boats is absolutely horrendous and takes so long just to drive a Boat from a Location to the Dock.  Flying blows and takes so long for Level 15, as well.  I don't f*ck around and stop after every 5 Levels and do it all in one go so it doesn't add extra Attempts.  I also don't like that I can't do about 15% more within the Starter Save.  Like Mashing Up the Mall, those Vortex Time Trials, Jetski Time Trials, Beach Patrol, Air Rescue, Vice Sights, etc, etc.  If all that could be done at the beginning, you'd get closer to 60% or more done in the beginning which would make the game much more enjoyable in my case.  Every time I do a Save for VCS, despite having 49.20% done already, it still takes ages due to the abundance of Side Missions and everything taking so slow and being boring.  I mean, Level 12 is long enough so I don't get why they went with Level 15 in VCS, on the final 3D Era GTA Game.  It's simple, but just time consuming and boring.  Rockstar loved their beloved R3 Missions in the 3D Era, didn't they?

73 Attempts is the lowest in III without failing ANYTHING.  88 in VC.  161 in SA.  113 in LCS.  113 in VCS.  I always thrive to reach the lowest Attempts in my Starter Saves AND 100% Saves WHILE obtaining all the Special Vehicles.  The ONLY time I fail a Mission and save over it is when I get a Special Vehicle and the Special Vehicle REQUIRES you to fail.  If there is a Method to pass the Mission, I will do that instead, though, even if it's much harder or time consuming.  I need the "perfect" Save and too many Attempts would render it not good enough in my case.  I am not sure what I was thinking to save the game after taking TWO Attempts for the damn Taxi Side Mission in VCS.  It's the only reason I am re-doing my Starter Save, actually.  All due to 1 extra Attempt in the Stats which is rendering the Starter Save not good enough.  But since I played the HD Era for a while since the beginning of September and am not as used to the 3D Era anymore, doing my VCS Starter Save over with will give me good practice since once I finish my new VCS Starter Save, I plan to re-do both my 1st and 2nd Save Files for SA on PS2 as well as my SA Mobile Save.  My 1st SA Save File on PS2 will be incredible once it's done since I am going for 68 Special Vehicles all in the SAME Save, with only using the EP/FP Conversion with Gray Imports for a handful of Rare Vehicles I got within my Starter Save.  I won't use any OM0 Methods like EC/EM Conversion and AP Conversion.  I also won't obtain any Special Vehicles from the Story that are otherwise unobtainable since they need OM0 to get them.  I save all that OM0 Methods and things for my 2nd Save File and do the 1st Save File like the good ol' classic way of playing and obtaining all the Special Vehicles through hard work and dedication, unlike the piss easy AP Conversion which is taking the easy way out of "obtaining" a Special Vehicle.  Not to mention, the AP Conversion as well as EC/EM Conversion can be done AFTER 100%, which renders most of the entire lot of Special Vehicles in SA useless, but that is why I don't see a point in using it and using OM0.  It's bordering on the lines of cheating and makes obtaining Special Vehicles rather pointless in SA so I prefer doing traditional Saves for SA, like it's always been about since 2004.  I save all the other Conversion, easy stuff for a 2nd Save File while maintaining Minimum Stats, etc...

Here is my entire Pause Menu Stats for my OLD VCS Starter Save with 11 Attempts:

Spoiler

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:46 PM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 20 December 2016 - 08:46 PM.

Hell yeah!  Totally destroyed my old "records" for the VCS Starter Save.  I just finished it today for the second time now, but much better.

49.20% Completion, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Cheats, 0 Missions Failed, 0 Pay and Spray Visits, 15 Safehouse Visits, and 8:30 Total Playing Time.

My old one had 11 Attempts, whereas now I have 10 and it's the lowest you should have in the Starter Save.  My old one had 12 Pay and Spray Visits whereas now I have 0.  My old one had 45 Safehouse Visits whereas now I have 15.  My old one had 10:55 Total Playing Time whereas now I beat it by 2:25.

Theoretically, I could of done it with only 9 Safehouse Visits considering I could of saved 6 less times by simply doing all 35 Rampages in a row and without saving until all of them were done, but I chose to save after every 5 Rampages passed.  The crazy thing is, though, I didn't fail a single one or die, so I technically could of did all 35 in a row and without saving.

Overall, a total improvement from my old one...

• GTAKid667 likes this

Pauloso
  • Pauloso

The Guy Who Lives Close There

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 December 2016 - 08:07 PM Edited by Pauloso, 28 December 2016 - 08:09 PM.

It says on the GTA Wiki that it's not unlocked until after From Zero to Hero, which is the mission that unlocks the East Island...It's on Prawn Island, which is locked in the beginning, I believe, since it connects to the East Island...The Coach does NOT spawn until after From Zero to Hero...

That´s cool to know.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 4 days ago.

So, this is the topic where we discuss everything that can be done before "Cleaning House", right?

IT'S POSSIBLE TO TRANSPORT VEHICLES FROM EAST TO WEST! Use a BMX or something to get to the east island, drive your desired vehicle down to the southwest pier, where boats spawn, ditch it in the water, and use a boat to push the vehicle all the way to the docks Tommy purchases in Vice City. It's not exactly easy, but it isn't hard, either. Just make sure you don't fall in the water, or else you'll get swept away by the current.

I used the nearby Stinger as a sample, and the Tropic to push it to the other side. I thought of the Tropic because it is big and heavy, but it's way too f*cking slow for its weight to be of any use, so I dumped it, and replaced it with the Jetmax, which is much better, but damages your vehicle more. Thankfully, when the car started smoking, I had already reached the west island, and used Vic's body alone to push it ashore. I doubt it took me more than thirty minutes, and if I can do it, you can, too.

Here is a nice challenge for collectors: EP Gang Rancher. I've never seen any Sharks spawning on the west island, and engage in wars with the Bikers or Cholos before "From Zero to Hero", so it's a good candidate for the EP conversion in "Got Protection?".

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago Edited by MetalMilitia89, 4 days ago.

Yeah, BEFORE Cleaning House, and AFTER Soldier.  Soldier is the ONLY Story Mission done...

You use the BMX to get to the East Island?  I just use a Yankee and drive it to Starfish Island, in Diaz' Property and then line it up a certain way and jump over the invisible barrier after getting on top of the Yankee.  There is another Method I see shown by 4emp2008 on Youtube using a BMX.  I never knew the Method until about 6 months ago, however, it just seems slower to me, so I don't use it.  There is also another Method that you can jump into something on West Island and game teleports you to East Island, in Leaf Links Golf Club...

Nice!  Isn't a Sandking 4 doors?  Would be nice to get an EP Sandking converted with Got Protection?  It's cool since it's from the East Island.  Converted Vehicles, I like doing the harder ones, where you need to get back to a locked Island, etc...However, jam8tone converted a Patriot to EP, which would also be pretty cool even though it's from the West Island where you start, but it's from Fort Baxter and you're kicked out of there after Conduct Unbecoming, so sort of like keeping the EC Streetfighter, you can keep the Patriot to convert to EP with Got Protection?

Yeah, EP Gang Rancher is another one I was thinking about.  Maybe a Sandking is 2 door and the Gang Rancher is 4 door.  I may have mixed those up, but you know what I mean.  Surely a good candidate for EP Conversion with Got Protection?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users