Quantcast

» «
Photo

Starter/Master Save Discussion (PS2 and PSP)

49 replies to this topic
MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:50 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 07 June 2017 - 08:10 PM.

Listed below is every possible thing you can do in VCS after the Mission Soldier before any other Story Missions.  I have finished everything listed below and am 49.20% Completion on PS2.  Also if you don't fail a single thing, you will have 10 Mission Attempts when all is said and done.

Soldier
99 Red Balloons
36 Stunt Jumps
35 Rampages
Fire Truck Level 15
Paramedics Level 15
Vigilante Level 15
50 Taxi Fares/$5,000
Rush!
Playground on the Town
Playground on the Park
Playground on the Dock
Playground on the Point
Caddy Daddy
12 Sanchez Time Trials
8 BMX Time Trials
4 Quad Time Trials

If you are on PSP, this is what can be done:

Soldier

Vigilante

Taxi Driver
Firefighter
Paramedic
Playground on the Town
Playground on the Point
Sanchez Time Trials
BMX Time Trials
Quad Bike Time Trials
99 Red Balloons
30 Rampages
30 Unique Stunt Jumps

If you do it all on PSP, you will have 46.20% Completion.  Without failing any of these tasks, you will have 7 Mission Attempts.

• NOskillx likes this

Pastry
  • Pastry

im fed up with this worl

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

You can do Crash! too im pretty sure.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

It says on the GTA Wiki that it's not unlocked until after From Zero to Hero, which is the mission that unlocks the East Island...It's on Prawn Island, which is locked in the beginning, I believe, since it connects to the East Island...The Coach does NOT spawn until after From Zero to Hero...

• Pauloso likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:57 PM Edited by Militia, 14 March 2015 - 08:28 PM.

I started the Starter Save and I am 41.30% Completion already in just 4 days.

EVERYTHING possible is done early from the list I posted in the OP, except 17 more Rampages on the East Island.  I am debating on whether to do them early or not.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 March 2015 - 05:50 PM Edited by Militia, 14 March 2015 - 08:29 PM.

OP EDITED

Pastry
  • Pastry

im fed up with this worl

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:53 AM

Do we have everything now? Not that I really contributed here. If we do have everything than thanks for the guide. I was planning on making a starter save myself and then I remembered this thread existed.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:07 AM Edited by Militia, 18 March 2015 - 11:11 AM.

Yeah, just read the OP.  Everything is found, I believe.  I went to other things to check if they can be done early and they couldn't be done until after From Zero to Hero.

So what you see in the OP is all you can do early.  I mentioned you CAN do ALL 35/35 Rampages but for my personal Starter Save I only did 18.  The 18 on the West Island.  I also did NOT do Vigilante Level 15 early, as I suck at it and use a Tank after "Land Stand" is complete since in Fort Baxter the Tank is unlocked then.  But other than the remaining 17 Rampages and Vigilante Level 15, I did EVERYTHING else that could possibly be done and I got 41.30%, which is a good amount for a Starter Save, imo...

I've got a lot farther since I finished my Starter Save.  I am already on the East Island (unlocked) and doing all the remaining Side Missions before continuing with the Story.  Currently 66.30% Completion.  After today, I hope to be into the 70%'s...Probably in a week, VCS will be done with.

The reason I did a Starter Save is so I always have it.  I plan on doing even another playthrough shortly after I finish this one I am doing now.  I am doing this all because of the Special Vehicles found in this game.  There is SO many.  Granted LCS has way more and better ones.  But I finished all 6 of my LCS Save Files.  So now I am doing them for VCS until I am satisfied...

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:37 AM

If you park a coach at the place where Crash! starts, will it start the mission?
  • Pastry likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:26 AM

It's possible.  Cuz I know in VC, if you park a Sparrow on one of the Sparrow Checkpoint Mission Locations, it works.  Also the PS2 Version of VC doesn't spawn one of the Top Fun RC Vans on Ocean Beach, which you must drive a Top Fun from another RC Mission and park it there to initiate the Mission.

About VCS and the Coach, I am not sure...I doubt it, cuz the Coach is Heavy...

The Linerunner used in Rush! is Heavy and so is the Coach in Crash!  However, the Coach physically can't be stored.  However, the Linerunner can, but it's useless, since you can do Rush! or Crash! as many times as you like.  Just activate the Mission, cancel it, and there you have it a Heavy Linerunner or Coach which infinitely spawns for you to use.

I did have an idea, that I scrapped, though.  I was thinking of taking a Heavy Linerunner and converting it to EC Black with In the Air Tonight Trick, but I didn't bother.  I have a Save File with 12 Special Vehicles and all 12 are converted already to EC Black.  Looks sweet as Black is my favorite EC in GTA Games...

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:45 AM

I have been trying to get all this stuff done before the 2nd mission, I had some progress but I accidentally hit to format my PS3 and I lost the save without making backups.

Here is what I had done.
Firefighter.
All 99 balloons.
Some rampage and jumps.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

Lol....That sucks...

The entire Starter Save only took me 5 days or so to complete to 41.30%.  If you have dedication you do it.  If not, you never do it...

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:43 AM

Just started a new one hours ago, the only thing I have done at the moment is paramedic.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:53 AM

Will you be doing it to 41.30% like I did?  Or are you going for the FULL Starter Save, with the other 17 Rampages from the East Island and Vigilante Level 15?  If you do that stuff, you will be 49.??%.  Very close to 50%...

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:00 AM

I haven't decided yet, if I can I will.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

I could do it myself (except Vigilante Level 15 - I always save this for LAST, right after I pass "Last Stand" and use a Rhino Tank), but the reason why I didn't is cuz of Total Playing Time Stat.  For me, I like saving after each Rampage I pass.  I also like to refuel up on Health and Armor, but since I can't SAVE the game in the East Island early, it's a pain going back and forth 17 times, and especially reloading a handful of other times if I do not pass the Rampage on my first attempt.  So I figured I should leave them until after "From Zero to Hero" is passed and the East Island is officially unlocked, which I did.  But if I really wanted to, I could complete the Starter Save to it's absolutely fullest EXCEPT Vigilante Level 15.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

You know what?  I might actually do the other 17 Rampages and update my Starter Save, just because.  I finished all my other GTA Projects, anyways, so I might as well do this.  I still will NOT do Vigilante Level 15 early, though.  If I do, I may use the Checkpoint System and save after every 5 Levels, however this adds +1 to Missions Attempted Stat each time you do it.

I should also continue and better my LCS Starter Save, too.  I have a 25% one with everything done in Portland early, but nothing done in SI and SSV early.  I could probably get it closer to 50% instead of 25%...

We'll see, though.  I am pretty burned out at this point.  III, VC, SA, LCS (6 Save Files + Starter Save), VCS (3 Save Files + Starter Save), IV, TLaD, TBoGT, CW, and V all at 100%, Perfect Stats, and a Special Vehicle Collection in each...I need a break :p

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2015 - 12:05 PM

Actually, I lie.  I didn't do anything more for LCS and VCS Starter Saves.

I bought SA Mobile and been doing a playthrough on that platform now.  Gathering up ALL Special Vehicles which I currently do NOT have on my PS2/3 Version.  So across both Save Files, I should have ALL of the existing obtainable Special Vehicles that SA has to offer, except the AP Fire Truck.  Still a bitch to get, and probably always will be a bitch to get...On any Version of SA other than PC.

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

Fire Truck Level 15
Paramedics Level 15
30 fares

What I have done. Idk why, but when I finished the taxi, it said I passed when I completed 30 fares and got the reward.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:10 AM Edited by Militia, 15 May 2015 - 12:04 PM.

.....In VCS, Taxi Fares are either/or.  You either get 50 Taxi Fares for the percentage.  Or you get $5,000 from Taxi Fares.  Whatever comes first is what passes it for you...

Chindose
  • Chindose

Player Hater

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

Can someone help me get pass Crims On Water Wings. I have tried many times but i can't get through

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:06 PM

This isn't a topic to discuss Crims on Water Wings.  This topic is for discussion of a Starter/Master Save only.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 May 2015 - 01:25 PM

Since today or tomorrow, I will be finishing my SA Mobile Save, I am gonna continue working on the Starter Save for this Game.

I will do the remaining 17 Rampages more than likely.  Not sure about Vigilante Level 15, though.  I can't stand doing that as I get a 5-6 star wanted level and the FBI tear you to shreds in VCS.  III and VCS has the most aggressive FBI.  They are even worse still in VCS.  Those f*cking roadblocks they put up totally annihilate you, even in an AP Sentinel XS.  Those f*ckers shoot out all 4 tires and ram the sh*t out of you and spin you all around.  Furthermore, in VCS they have the ability to shoot out the windshield and actually hit and kill Vic, even in the AP Sentinel XS.  So yeah, I am not sure if I will do Vigilante Level 15 in the Starter Save, but I will finish the remaining 17 Rampages.

Besides, the Rampages is what adds a lot to the percentage.  Vigilante Level 15, will probably add .53% or so, which is nothing, basically.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

About time...I have updated the OP since I finished the remaining 17 Rampages I had to do.  OP is fully updated now.  The only thing I didn't do early is Vigilante Level 15 and probably never will do it in a Starter Save.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2015 - 03:11 PM

Low and behold, the hardest Vigilante in the entire 3D Era is done!  I used a VCPD Wintergreen to get this done, but it was NOT easy by any means.  It took 6-7 tries.  If you get a 2 star wanted level you are basically 80% f*cked and only 20% chance you will recover and if you get all your armor down, once again, you're basically f*cked.  You need to know the Police Bribes and Armor Pickups.  This is a serious Vigilante.  Anyways, I finally did it in the Starter Save and now have EVERY possible task done.  Nothing else can be done early, so it's complete and am 49.20% Completion.  OP updated, and for the last time.

Now I will start the Story and work to 100% and do my 3 Saves (over).

Oh, and if you want PERFECT Mission Attempts Stats, you should have 10 Mission Attempts upon reaching 49.20%.  I have 11 cuz I used 2 Attempts for the stupid pain in the ass, boring as f*ck Taxi Missions.

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

All Directions

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:15 AM Edited by Lunas1172, 03 January 2016 - 04:18 AM.

I dont think parking a Coach in the film studio will trigger the side mission.

1. Coach never spawns in the traffic in this game.

Well, I made that post about parking the Coach before it starts spawning where Crash! starts before I found out it never spawns anywhere else other than there (Which that post was made 9 months ago I later found that out like in July).

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

Vigilante in this game isnt that hard. Since there's the checkpoint for every 5 levels. Just spam the laser scope on the vehicle in distance. 6 sniper bullets should do it. Unlike the regular sniper, it can continuously shoot. It doesnt reload for every shot.

Since you said you like to save after every rampage, just to let you know that you dont have to wait until unlocking the east island to save your game. You can purchase empire sites after "To Victor, The Spoils" (Rememeber to save enough empire sites to takeover later in the game so you can start the illegal businesses). The only rampages i found hard were the sniper ones, destroy 20 vehicles with grenades and kill 70 sharks in vice point mall.

And btw. "Crash!" is unlocked after completing "Accidents Will Happen", not "From Zero to Hero". I dont think parking a Coach in the film studio will trigger the side mission.

1. Coach never spawns in the traffic in this game.

2. I tried parking a Sanchez near the lighthouse to start "Land, Sea and Air Ace" before unlocking the east island and the side mission didnt activate. So it must be the same results for "Crash!"

Though most people already know this,I fell like posting this if any new players are reading this. The BMX in vice point mall is always there from the beginning of the game, the side mission cant be triggered until the mission "From Zero to Hero" is completed. Same goes for the JetSki in the film studio in which you cant activate Watersports side mission until you beaten the mission "Say Cheese".

Vigilante IS hard if you DON'T want to use Checkpoints.  If you cancel the Mission at lets say Level 5 and next time start at Level 6, it will add +1 to Missions Attempted Stat.  My playstyle is perfect.  I don't want any added Mission Attempts for no reason, so I do Vigilante Level 1 through 15 all in one sitting without canceling.  I also do it after Soldier, the first Story Mission in the game.

All the Rampages are done with, and you must not understand the Topic.  This is a Starter Save Topic.  You only do Soldier and then stop with the Story and do all remaining Side Missions and Collectibles, possible.  To Victor, the Spoils means you are not working in the Starter Save anymore.  During the Starter Save, the only place you can save is at Fort Baxter.  101 Bayshore Avenue isn't unlocked yet for the Safehouse...

I knew Crash! couldn't be activated.  It's not listed in the OP.

That is why I don't like VCS so much and HAD to do this Starter Save to 49.20%.  VCS is so boring with tons of Side Missions that are run-of-the-mill copy/paste, basically.  You can get done with 49.20% with only Soldier passed, yet, there is TONS of other Side Missions which can't be done until after From Zero to Hero as well as even later than that, as you mentioned.  I don't like how the game is dragged on like that...The Story itself counts as like 20% of the game and the Side Missions and Empire Sites count for the other 80%.  That's just insane...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

It's only a chore if you have to reload EVERY Mission cuz you fail....I pass 95% of everything on first try, so it's not like I am reloading every 5 seconds or something...

All this stuff is easy...

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

It usually is the Side Missions which are the harder things to do in the 3D Era GTA's.  Usually the Story is the easiest part.

Air Rescue is so boring.  Horrible Helicopter Physics.  They fly so damn slow, just like how slow the Boats drive when you need them for Import/Export, etc...

I just do Air Rescue Level 1 through 15 consecutively.  It's ultra easy, anyways.  Just boring.  Every single Level 15 Side Mission in VCS, I do them all in one go.  Like I said above, my Stats for the Mission Attempts are perfect other than +1 extra for the stupid Taxi Fares.

RIGHT as I was dropping a passenger off, the time ran out and I then activated Taxi again to finish it, but it added an extra Mission Attempt to my Stats and there was no way I was doing those again.  I hate Taxi Missions in VCS and they take forever.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:11 PM

Yup, it's around 30-40 Fares for me.  I believe I did 36 Fares or something.  What sucks I was at like $4,689 or something when I ran out of time.  When I reactivated it, I did 2 more Fares and I had the percentage.  Thus why it annoys me that I have +1 in my Mission Attempts Stat all cuz of 2 Fares I did AFTER doing 35 in a row or something.  VCS Side Missions just suck and that is why VCS is my least favorite of III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS.  I'm glad I got the 49.20% Starter Save, but it's not enough.  I should be able to get like 65% done in the beginning lol

Lancet
  • Lancet

The Shining Knight

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

Seems like I do indeed have everything done. 49.2% on my game.

VCS is actually my favorite of the PS2 GTAs, barely edging out SA. But SA feels so different than the others it's in its own class. I definitely prefer VCS to VC, although I agree some of the side missions are fairly annoying. Especially the helicopter Ambulance and Fire missions. Even with the checkpoints (and assuming you don't care about missions attempted stat, which I don't) they're a major pain. But doing them all in one is even worse.

I still think the safehouse weapon spawns suck, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users