[WIP|Rag4] Infusions - Going wild with 3dsmax. [Continued]

115 replies to this topic
nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:07 AM

I'm not sure about that. I think the forum administrators don't want people converting maps directly. I don't think they care if you use any models or textures from other games. The reason why is the fact that in recent years, I've seen mods released on here that use models from non Rockstar games, and they even say what game the models are from.

Evidently, conversions from anything before 2005 are fine, anything after can consist only of props, which buildings are not.

What if you were to convert from The Crew Beta? That was technically free and the content isn't considered to be from the final game. On the other hand, I could of swore I saw things from 2005 and after. For one, VCS is 2006.

Also if anything were to be converted from The Crew, there are fences around many things that prevent you from going to certain parts of the map. Especially in cities. Removing those would change the model. I thought you could do it if you altered the model. But you would think that they wouldn't care about buildings, as long as they are being used on a map that is different from the original.

Say for example, you use Driver 2's Chicago for Midway, Driver 3's Miami for VC, SA's San Fierro for SF, SA's Las Venturas for LV, along with GTA IV's map and GTA V's map. Then for Midway, VC, SF, and LV, you replace landmarks with the corresponding higher quality ones from The Crew. Then you remodel stuff that isn't HD. You could also alter the maps as well. On Driver 2's map, I think there are a lot of areas where streets could be added in. For example, if you look along the river on the map, there are a lot of bridges that don't have roads beyond them.

The reason why I recommend that X-Seti should use stuff from other games would include:

1. Making all of this is a lot of work for one person. However, I don't see him quitting anytime soon. This is probably the only mod that I know of that is around today, and was around back when I first started modding GTA, and was around before that as well.

2. The Crew has very good, detailed, and accurate models (with the exception of names being changed). If they are used, he will be able to focus his effort onto another part of the map which would need work. That is, remodeling things that aren't in The Crew, but are in Driver. For example, I think both Watch Dogs, and The Crew don't have the Daily Center, where as Driver 2's map does. He could also put work into the country side between the cities. Also, in the country side, he could have land marks from The Crew, like Mt Rushmore, Kennedy Space Center, etc...

3. If X-Seti didn't use anything from The Crew, he would model the same land mark. He would have took time to make the same exact building, when he could of been working on another part of the map. This means that X-Seti would have more time to make a more detailed, and possibly larger map. It also means that he would progress in creating the map faster. It also means that he would have more time to focus on optimizing the map as well.

Anyways, the rules on here have gotten more flexible. I remember my EFLC Map Updates in GTA IV mod got shut down. Now, we got mods converting GTA IV's map to SA, GTA V's map to IV and SA, etc... (But PS: I sure hope that The Crew's map on GTA V will happen. I don't care what anyone says, because that would be practically an open world orgasm on a hard drive, and if it were to be put on a custom MP server with like a 100+ players, it would probably be one of the most fun multiplyer experiences ever.)

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

On the other hand, I could of swore I saw things from 2005 and after. For one, VCS is 2006.

Conversions from one R* game to a GTA - Old or new this is allowed on any scale. You can convert models/textures from a game like Max Payne 3 to GTA V, Red Dead Redemption to IV, V to SA, VC to V, etc..

It's been like that for as far as I can remember...

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:01 AM Edited by nkjellman, 06 February 2015 - 06:02 AM.

On the other hand, I could of swore I saw things from 2005 and after. For one, VCS is 2006.

Conversions from one R* game to a GTA - Old or new this is allowed on any scale. You can convert models/textures from a game like Max Payne 3 to GTA V, Red Dead Redemption to IV, V to SA, VC to V, etc..

It's been like that for as far as I can remember...

What is debatable is the word "conversions". When they say that you can't convert stuff from other games, I wonder what they may mean. They could mean that total conversions are not allowed of non Rockstar games. That would mean converting The Crew's entire map. But converting buildings, they may not care about. There are plenty of cars on the forums that were converted from other games. If it has original work along with it, and perhaps the models are modified even, they could allow it. I could understand the rule if it was an exact conversion, which could give people a reason not to play the original game. But I don't even think they care about that anymore. I remember a mod that was converting Mafia 1 and Mafia 2's map to GTA IV, about a year or two ago. But anyways, in this case, I'm recommending that it is just buildings. Other than that, it wouldn't be the map from The Crew. It would still mostly be original work. It should be mentioned that some of the models are from The Crew though.

Speaking of that, I'm a little mad that my EFLC Map Updates mod topic was locked, and I was told that I was not allowed to convert the map updates to IV. Now the mod is berried in Moddb somewhere. But the topic was locked way back in 2010, when the GTA IV to SA conversion wasn't allowed to be posted on the forums.

I don't expect to see a complete map conversion of The Crew's map in GTA V, but I could see it on a different website that doesn't care.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

.Retro mod developer. (Xenon Brothers)

• Feroci
  • Mars
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:00 PM

CitizenFX has already expanded the car path bounds, uses streaming IDE files to expand the ID limit (equivalent to SA's binary IPL system), expanded the CWorld sector list in a reliable manner, has partial code to enhance the extent of navigation meshes and I also have an advanced ped navigation mesh generator that combines a map's collision meshes with III-style peds paths to make the entire map walkable in around 1.5 minutes of calculations for the entire Vice City map.

I am aware of the issues I have caused with my badly-timed announcement of bypassing the limits related to former SOL SA maintainer nWo, so this time I'm announcing such before any actual work gets done on the limits.

In addition, I have an OpenIV-independent writer for RAGE resources that currently has been proven to write a simple subdivided plane with a texture to a .wdr cleanly loadable by the game.

This does not only stop at IV - the base framework is easily portable across any GTA/RAGE title, and I'm intending to maintain compatibility for model formats, converting where possible on the fly.

...... blah

I've been looking at CitizenFX since you have posted this and I can safely say that this may be the better option for SOL Rage on the near future.

• Blackbird88 and Ss4gogeta0 like this

dkluin
  • dkluin

GTA:Underground Developer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

Can't wait for the RAGE version! Would be great if it had Empire Building or other special 3D era features.

• Uzzi_G4L likes this

Inked_666
  • Inked_666

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

So just to reiterate.  There's going to be 2 versions (Renderware & Rage) both identical etc with the same plot / maps / cars etc?  Or am I getting overly confused now since there's like 7 variations of the mod already?

• Ss4gogeta0 and Neddo like this

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 10 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

There may have been many versions in the past as I have tried a lot of map configurations out to what works best.

I have settled with map versions from 1 - 6 for Renderware and map version 7 for Rage.

2012 onwards
Map version 5 for Trilogy on RW.
Map version 6 for Infusions on RW.

2015 onwards
Map version 7 for Infusions on Rage.

There was only meant to be 2 versions on Renderware but I found that I could do so much more on Rage where the map is more detailed, so this became map version 7.

It may be possible to port the new map from Rage to the SA engine in time but I have to find a way to do this without the use of Kams scripts and being able to convert the Rage texture materials back to GTA texture materials.
  • undertaker fan, Ss4gogeta0 and Neddo like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:09 PM

Oh great Yeti, please bestow upon us that you have fought back your illness and are in tip top health 

• dkluin likes this

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:03 AM

Oh great Yeti, please bestow upon us that you have fought back your illness and are in tip top health 

He'll return in April.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:32 AM

Update 31/Mar/2015; this fixes several bugs with the loader and removed a nasty message that someone unnamed left in.

http://www.ukscifi.n...ons_Trilogy.rar

Replace those old files in either infusions VC or Trilogy VC.
  • Ss4gogeta0 likes this

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

Welcome to GTA:SOL
GTA: SOL beta 69.9.5.3 (StrongAsBull) Plan to release. (Summer 3014!)

and to the first ever SOL Rage engine version. (Coming soon)

So do people have to wait 999 years for that release? :lol:

• undertaker fan likes this

IgorX
  • IgorX

3D

• Members
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Welcome to GTA:SOL
GTA: SOL beta 69.9.5.3 (StrongAsBull) Plan to release. (Summer 3014!)

and to the first ever SOL Rage engine version. (Coming soon)

So do people have to wait 999 years for that release? :lol:

Yes, they do :|

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

• Feroci
  • Mars

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

I'm trying to have one up on Rockstar delaying GTA V. 999 years sounds pretty good don't you.

• Ss4gogeta0 and Inked_666 like this

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

cant be any more worse than this...

b4gD33P.png

• undertaker fan and Neddo like this

undertaker fan
  • undertaker fan

Hustler

• Members
  • Pakistan

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:35 PM

^Lulwat?
  • Ss4gogeta0 likes this

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

LMAO

lol jk, that's infact a terrible joke.

• Uzzi_G4L likes this

Uzzi_G4L
  • Uzzi_G4L

Owner of GTA SA: Uzzi's Overhaul™

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:28 PM

How to install corectly SOL on GTA VC? Cause my game crash!!! Please help.
  • ILOVEFOOTBALL95 likes this

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:17 PM

How to install corectly SOL on GTA VC? Cause my game crash!!! Please help.

Send a log.

ILOVEFOOTBALL95
  • ILOVEFOOTBALL95

Proud To Be A Geordie

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:51 AM Edited by ILOVEFOOTBALL95, 09 June 2015 - 11:05 AM.

Hey There,

I did the following:

Note: Must Run Vice City First To Get Your Display Settings Right

1) Install Directx11

2)  Install A Fresh Gta Vice City

3) Untick Read-Only On The Gta Vc Archive

4) Download The Solcore.dll Fix (The One Made In 2014)

5)  I don't know If This Matters But I Ran It First With The Game Disc In

6) I Think It Is A Good Sign If The Game Opens Full Screen With The Gta Sol Loading Bar (Blue This Is Achieved With The Solcore Update)

7) Audio Files From Game Disc Must Be Copied And Overwritten Also.

8) I think This Was Quite Important I Had Compatibility Settings As Follows Windows XP SP2, Disable Visual Themes and Run As Admin

9) Must Run The Gta-SOL.Exe Instead Of The Vc.Exe.

Hope This Helps You Gangster4life.

Oh on Setup paths it does take a minute for it to progress but it does. :)

ILOVEFOOTBALL95
  • ILOVEFOOTBALL95

Proud To Be A Geordie

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

Sorry to bump an old thread but to make a map usable in gta sa, do I first extract them from map editor, then use kams gta scripts to export the dff as san andreas usable?

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

Sorry to bump an old thread but to make a map usable in gta sa, do I first extract them from map editor, then use kams gta scripts to export the dff as san andreas usable?

It took me three months to convert LC to SA.

So theres obviously alot more to it.

ILOVEFOOTBALL95
  • ILOVEFOOTBALL95

Proud To Be A Geordie

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

I know, I'm trying to learn for a private release. :/

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

I can say that X-Seti is back I suppose, all I have for InFusions is the news that MLL is being remodelled, as well as Midway.

I think X-Seti spoke about LC already done? Can't remember.

I felt like someone had to tell it ;p

ILOVEFOOTBALL95
  • ILOVEFOOTBALL95

Proud To Be A Geordie

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

Good to hear

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

Good to hear

Yeah and I'm sorry about my past behaviour to you. I can help you on skype if you need to.

I didn't send you a fake tool, it's actually a tool that you may use to shift map IDs.

I'm using it aswell.

ILOVEFOOTBALL95
  • ILOVEFOOTBALL95

Proud To Be A Geordie

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

I'm sorry to, I wasn't just you, the old adage says it takes two, I think a large part of what is wrong, is I've never really done anything on Skype before and the scale of the task I was trying to undertake was just stupid on my part, I didn't want to accept I couldn't do it but oh well such as life, I got back to hex editing need for speed carbon and most wanted 2005 and it something I am quite good at.

Yeah like I said, I'm sorry too, You've probs figured by now, I'm a but stupid, also a little bit slow lol.  oh and whenever I ran the tool, it generated the new folder but nothing was in it, the add to gta.dat, nothing was there, and there were no differences in the ipl or ide folders.  I got sick of wrestling with the odds so just gave in lol.

Nice talking to you. :)

ILOVEFOOTBALL95
  • ILOVEFOOTBALL95

Proud To Be A Geordie

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:16 AM Edited by X-Seti, 03 August 2015 - 11:30 AM.

Deleted

Edit <You can never delete stuff from the web :D

Someone will always have a copy.> X-Seti

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

eagle152
  • eagle152

Visits Glory Hole Theme Park every day

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

I promise, you and your little arse licking friends won't getaway with talking to me the and saying what yous want and me sitting there taking it, I bet little bully's like you hate it when someone won't take because it embarrases you in front of everyone you were trying to convince you were tough.

by the people bombshell, dklueless or whatever his name is is not developing that sh*t called Underground it is X-Seti, they will both deny it though, it is upto you to fall for it or not.

dafuq I just read? In other words you know what they say - pics (proof) or it didn't happen.

dkluin
  • dkluin

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:52 AM Edited by dkluin, 29 July 2015 - 10:00 AM.

I promise, you and your little arse licking friends won't getaway with talking to me the and saying what yous want and me sitting there taking it, I bet little bully's like you hate it when someone won't take because it embarrases you in front of everyone you were trying to convince you were tough.

by the people bombshell, dklueless or whatever his name is is not developing that sh*t called Underground it is X-Seti, they will both deny it though, it is upto you to fall for it or not.

X-Seti isn't developing anything on Underground, he's too busy with InFusions, he's currently porting MLL and I am going to release my mod soon.

You're just butthurt because you tried to mod and failed, that's all. 

If X-Seti was infact doing Underground, I doubt it would have the vehicles we have, or some SA features working ingame.

JPendulum99
  • JPendulum99

Modder

• New Members
  • England

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

He's pissed off because he has had close to none help at all, how would you lot like it if you's spent months trying to learn something and no one gives you any confidence nor guidance. No one can just pick up a modding tool and start modding San Andreas error free.

If you don't wanna help him, don't message him. It's that simple.

And of course, everyone will be on the thread saying "butthurt number 2" and all that sh*t, but I think it's a real shame, he really tried to learn this and no one will help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users