Johnny Klebitz, 2015

100 replies to this topic
PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:55 AM

Interesting topic, though all seems a little redundant. As much as I hate it, there's no way I can ignore the events of V.

And that's one reason I hate Trevor. He's not a well developed character; he's a badass because rockstar and all other characters say so. Because he murders innocent defenceless people needlessly. Because through him rockstar decimated TLAD. This is why I chose option A. Trevor needs his comeuppance. He should have been the antagonist in v.

Where is Johnny in 2015? Well to me he left town. He left LC, the lost, and everyone. So to me he wouldn't be in Blaine county, because he wouldn't rejoin the lost.

But for those of you that read my fanfics (in my sig), he kind of rebuilds the lost. So maybe if you counted my stories as canon, that would explain WHY he got back with the MC.

Been playing V again to refamiliarise myself with the story, becaus I'm writing a gta V fanfic. I looked into making Johnny survive, with intense injuries and permanent brain damage, or that he pulled an Ethan Hawk and arranged someone to replace him with cosmetic disguises, so Johnny terry and clay all survived, but even then, it's a bit of a stretch. I just can't see why they couldn't have made ur AOD the 'bitch' gang that Trevor fights, the Lost was always a smaller outfit so it'd make sense for Trevor to use them as allies, against the AOD. JK is only in V because rockstar were too lazy to write Trevor as a better character - like Marston for example. He's a badass but not just because we're told he is. Trevor is always referred to as crazy and as this beast, and I'm like 'why?' Johnny was a beast but never were we 'told'
We were shown.

I just wish re lost, jk, terry and clay were friends with Trevor - he has no friends. He manipulates people and he's a horrid character. Having JK Etc as pals would at least show him to have some loyalty and whathaveyou, so that's where I wish Johnny ended up, at least.

My biggest question is, Why the fu*k were the Lost MC in San An to begin with? It was established in TLAD's canon that the AOD were every where throughout the States, and elsewhere in the world, whilst the Lost MC were largely contained to New Alderney, and had a smaller Chapter in Broker. Why did Rockstar forget about The AOD in all of this?

SuperGTFan
  • SuperGTFan

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

Al least Klebitz lived and died as a true Lost and Damned member, that's for sure.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

Interesting topic, though all seems a little redundant. As much as I hate it, there's no way I can ignore the events of V.
And that's one reason I hate Trevor. He's not a well developed character; he's a badass because rockstar and all other characters say so. Because he murders innocent defenceless people needlessly. Because through him rockstar decimated TLAD. This is why I chose option A. Trevor needs his comeuppance. He should have been the antagonist in v.
Where is Johnny in 2015? Well to me he left town. He left LC, the lost, and everyone. So to me he wouldn't be in Blaine county, because he wouldn't rejoin the lost.
But for those of you that read my fanfics (in my sig), he kind of rebuilds the lost. So maybe if you counted my stories as canon, that would explain WHY he got back with the MC.
Been playing V again to refamiliarise myself with the story, becaus I'm writing a gta V fanfic. I looked into making Johnny survive, with intense injuries and permanent brain damage, or that he pulled an Ethan Hawk and arranged someone to replace him with cosmetic disguises, so Johnny terry and clay all survived, but even then, it's a bit of a stretch. I just can't see why they couldn't have made ur AOD the 'bitch' gang that Trevor fights, the Lost was always a smaller outfit so it'd make sense for Trevor to use them as allies, against the AOD. JK is only in V because rockstar were too lazy to write Trevor as a better character - like Marston for example. He's a badass but not just because we're told he is. Trevor is always referred to as crazy and as this beast, and I'm like 'why?' Johnny was a beast but never were we 'told'
We were shown.
I just wish re lost, jk, terry and clay were friends with Trevor - he has no friends. He manipulates people and he's a horrid character. Having JK Etc as pals would at least show him to have some loyalty and whathaveyou, so that's where I wish Johnny ended up, at least.

My biggest question is, Why the fu*k were the Lost MC in San An to begin with? It was established in TLAD's canon that the AOD were every where throughout the States, and elsewhere in the world, whilst the Lost MC were largely contained to New Alderney, and had a smaller Chapter in Broker. Why did Rockstar forget about The AOD in all of this?

Rockstar trying to be shocking. The shock factor didn't work for me, just created a dislike for Trevor that I can't come back from. He's seriously one of the worst characters in any GTA I've played. His morals are contradicted, the narrative tries too hard to tell us he's crazy; there is so much dialogue about him it's stupid.

What I've always loved about gta was seeing characters again and having them part of the story. The lost serve no purpose that the AOD couldn't - the AOD would make more sense but no, rockstar had to play the dumb shock tactic. I honestly feel it'd work better for the lost and Trevor to be ALLIES. Having friendly characters as Trevor would help his story and character devil end

Unfortunately rockstar (they said this) deemed it wise to create w main character based wholly on the way kids play the game. Niko was a well built character - from a writers perspective. He had depth as did most iv characters. That people badmouth that game is another reason why Trevor exists and I fear that like Marston, Johnny is representing of something.

Johnny is the iv era, the story driven game (iv was story driven, perhaps why people found it boring - people can't appreciate good writing, instead needing explosions and insanity). Trevor is the modern childish gamer and this era. While v has some good aspects of the story, it's too short and too shallow to actually be 'good'. Trevor moaning about Michael gets old real quick. Franklin is underused, to the point I wonder why he's even there. Michael has problems and I feel is the best developed character. Johnny was a well developed character, but rockstar f*cked that up. I can't believe for a moment JK went back to drugs and even with Ashley was too much a stretch. The lost was disbanded, gone. That they somehow restarted it and wiped out the AOD (a nation wide club; a handful of guys took ou hundreds of thousands of bikers? Yeah right) is just stupid IMO

The lost should have appeared as big characters trying to survive against the overpowering AOD. Trevor could then have been written to have at least one human trait - being able to relate. He'd set up a business agreement with the lost and help them. The AOD would never not be the bigger club IMO but Johnny could have been a really well used character. Blaine county is perfect for bikers, and having the lost as friends would be a nice thing I think. They would distribute his drugs. They would steal his guns. Making Johnny and Trevor FRIENDS would have opened the door to more story options and more insight into Trevor's personality, anchoring him to the ground.

He is far too OTT in my eyes. It's like rockstar tried too hard.

I know the fan base is split as always but imagine if Tommy v was killed. Or niko. Some might like it but it'd be stupid. It's even implied that niko is likely dead. Romans apparently buried under the sea (nothing more than a reference to be fair). Luis will probably be dead, too. I suspect gta vi will likely reveal Franklin to be dead. Why the need? Instead of going for cheap shock value to lazily show a character as 'bad ass' which only works on idiots and children, why not create something more complex? Antagonism doesn't always have to mean death in the end.
  • B Dawg, gunziness, Majestic81 and 5 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

We were shown.

Rockstar trying to be shocking. The shock factor didn't work for me, just created a dislike for Trevor that I can't come back from. He's seriously one of the worst characters in any GTA I've played. His morals are contradicted, the narrative tries too hard to tell us he's crazy; there is so much dialogue about him it's stupid.

What I've always loved about gta was seeing characters again and having them part of the story. The lost serve no purpose that the AOD couldn't - the AOD would make more sense but no, rockstar had to play the dumb shock tactic. I honestly feel it'd work better for the lost and Trevor to be ALLIES. Having friendly characters as Trevor would help his story and character devil end

Unfortunately rockstar (they said this) deemed it wise to create w main character based wholly on the way kids play the game. Niko was a well built character - from a writers perspective. He had depth as did most iv characters. That people badmouth that game is another reason why Trevor exists and I fear that like Marston, Johnny is representing of something.

Johnny is the iv era, the story driven game (iv was story driven, perhaps why people found it boring - people can't appreciate good writing, instead needing explosions and insanity). Trevor is the modern childish gamer and this era. While v has some good aspects of the story, it's too short and too shallow to actually be 'good'. Trevor moaning about Michael gets old real quick. Franklin is underused, to the point I wonder why he's even there. Michael has problems and I feel is the best developed character. Johnny was a well developed character, but rockstar f*cked that up. I can't believe for a moment JK went back to drugs and even with Ashley was too much a stretch. The lost was disbanded, gone. That they somehow restarted it and wiped out the AOD (a nation wide club; a handful of guys took ou hundreds of thousands of bikers? Yeah right) is just stupid IMO

The lost should have appeared as big characters trying to survive against the overpowering AOD. Trevor could then have been written to have at least one human trait - being able to relate. He'd set up a business agreement with the lost and help them. The AOD would never not be the bigger club IMO but Johnny could have been a really well used character. Blaine county is perfect for bikers, and having the lost as friends would be a nice thing I think. They would distribute his drugs. They would steal his guns. Making Johnny and Trevor FRIENDS would have opened the door to more story options and more insight into Trevor's personality, anchoring him to the ground.

He is far too OTT in my eyes. It's like rockstar tried too hard.

I know the fan base is split as always but imagine if Tommy v was killed. Or niko. Some might like it but it'd be stupid. It's even implied that niko is likely dead. Romans apparently buried under the sea (nothing more than a reference to be fair). Luis will probably be dead, too. I suspect gta vi will likely reveal Franklin to be dead. Why the need? Instead of going for cheap shock value to lazily show a character as 'bad ass' which only works on idiots and children, why not create something more complex? Antagonism doesn't always have to mean death in the end.

Do you have a TL;DR version? ;)

On topic, if what you have stated was actually developed into the game, I would have had a better opinion of it. :)

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:05 PM Edited by B Dawg, 30 May 2015 - 09:07 PM.

Before the game was released, there were some leaked screenshot of Trevor and Johnny together (I didn't see them all though at the time). There I was thinking 'Oh, Johnny's in GTA V? Cool. Is he friends with Trevor? Does he need Trevor's help with something?' Of course that dream was crushed the next day after reading what it was truely about. The game turned out to be a major dissapointment in every department.

So yea, when they fix the Switchable Graphics thing for AMD, and people make some Lost MC mods/redone driving mechanics, I'm going to download the game and avoid playing it in it's sh*tty vanilla state.

• Niko Montana and Payne Killer like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

While planning my story, I considered having Johnny survive the attack, but although it's theoretical that he could survive (researched severe injuries and survivals - like getting a railroad spike through your brain), I'm not sure I could pull it off...

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:56 AM

While planning my story, I considered having Johnny survive the attack, but although it's theoretical that he could survive (researched severe injuries and survivals - like getting a railroad spike through your brain), I'm not sure I could pull it off...

There have been people who have had large construction drills go through their heads. They survived with no major injuries because the drill piece pushed their brain aside. :)

• Payne Killer likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

There have been people who have had large construction drills go through their heads. They survived with no major injuries because the drill piece pushed their brain aside. :)

I'm pretty sure part of his brain being on Johnny's shoe is probably pushing it for survivability.... But hey, I'm still thinking about it...

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:30 AM

Guys he's currently coaching the Milwaukee Bucks of the NBA so I guess everything's ok for him

Timcatgt5
  • Timcatgt5

Special Vehicle Collector and Law Abiding Citizen

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

Ignoring GTA V's story, he's dead. Apparently suicide was the cause. Trevor died before he did, but he just couldn't handle the fact that he missed the good times such as running guns, cooking meth and rolling with the crew.

In all seriousness, he is alive and well. He retired early and is living the high life in Las Venturas. He is the proud owner of a black HVY Insurgent with a mounted gun and Lost MC livery, rolling with his buddies Terry and Clay, who ride shotgun as they cause chaos in the city of sin.

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

It's hard to ignore what's happened in the GTA universe as we've seen it, but I agree with the lot of you who say it's bullsh*t - indeed it is. It makes no sense that Johnny K would turn into a meth-head. Through all of The Lost and Damed we see how Johnny determindedly rejects Ashley over and over because of her drug addiction, even letting go of her at the very end of the game/DLC's story. He's very clear and determind about not going through that sh*t with her again. He's also a very smart character, despite that his hygiene and biker lifestyle could possibly suggest otherwise, who mostly thinks (a lot of things through) before he takes action. He's cautious and aware.

Now these personality traits just seem to be completely gone in GTA V, and that makes me question the whole incident a whole lot. It just doesn't add up that he would let go of everything like that - to become a meth addict. If he truly was capable of that and truly loved Ashley, who layed around with everybody behind his back, I think Johnny would've been a meth head in IV's story line already. He was nowhere near a weak character/person, but in V, that's exactly what he's become.

I personally hated to see that sh*t between Johnny and Trevor go down. Johnny's my favorite GTA protagonist along with Niko, and I think Rockstar should've just left it all out. Like most of the things in GTA V's story line, the whole Lost MC addition added very little to nothing in the game. It was totally unnecessary to include the Lost MC altogether.

And as a side-note. How much can Johnny really love Ashley back in Liberty City 2008? I mean, not only did he continously reject her and her junkie habits, but I can personally confirm that Johnny K picked up a lotta prostitutes and layed with them, without giving a damn :)

• gunziness, PhillBellic, Journey_95 and 5 others like this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 July 2015 - 11:35 PM

200_s.gif
Every single word of that post man

I keep telling myself that it was all in Trevor's head or that JK survived but I never succeed in convincing myself

I wrote a chapter were JK woke up from a coma after this and uploaded it on fanfiction.net. The reception was actually good so I might pick that up.
Still, rockstar have committed a cardinal sin in my eyes. You do not undermine previous established characters, especially protagonists. They should have put more effort into the story instead
  • PhillBellic and Payne Killer like this

Niko Montana
  • Niko Montana

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 September 2015 - 10:48 PM

I think Johnny would have probably given up his life of crime, and would still be residing in Brian's house. Maybe he would have set up his own bike garage with Clay and Terry. He wouldn't have got back with Ashley and moved to Blaine County, that's for sure.

• B Dawg, Majestic81 and slimeball supreme like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

borger

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 05 September 2015 - 01:21 AM Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit, 12 June 2016 - 05:54 AM.

Spoiler
Pretty much all of that if you disregard his 100% canon death.

Johnny moves in with Michael, who either lives up in Alderney or in another city, I have one particular nearby unnamed East Coast city he'd move to. It's hard to imagine him leaving, but it's very easy for me to picture him wearing a beige sweater for some reason. he doesn't do that because he's dead

The Lost are no small gang though, they're all over the country. All the coasts (Outlaws MC aren't on all coasts), just like the gang they're based off of. I don't know where people get their 'small club' bullsh*t, Grey was only head of one chapter. Everything else about everyone else is spot on, though. Saturday nights, yeah? I like to think that CTW was noncanon too, so let's ignore the events of that.

But finally, I prefer to abide by my theories on the Universes, and this probably all happens in the head canon I've put forward in my brain.

2016 Edit: he's dead lol

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:29 AM

He moved to BC for the view.

Johnny the Balcony guy: Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

The Lost are no small gang though, they're all over the country. All the coasts, just like the gang they're based off of. I don't know where people get their 'small club' bullsh*t, Grey was only head of one chapter. Everything else about everyone else is spot on, though. Saturday nights, yeah? I like to think that CTW was noncanon too, so let's ignore the events of that.

According to in-game conversations with Angus and Jim/Terry/Clay during hangouts, they're not all over the country.

Guru Fijis
  • Guru Fijis

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

Running a bike theft business, retired and building bigger better spectacles.

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Aruba

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:37 AM Edited by ChickenAndBeer, 13 October 2015 - 02:37 AM.

Johnny, Clay, and Terry, got their coats stuck in a woodchipper and got hacked to bits as blood got sent flying all over the walls while they screamed and cried in agony.

I totally don't need to go to a mental asylum 

• slimeball supreme likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

I didn't know Johnny's been to Los Santos before. 

cb3023b1f40589a7.jpg

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

Before GTA V I always thought that Johnny K would leave Liberty City because it reminded him what happened in the events of TLAD, losing brothers like Jason, Jim and a few other fellow bikers he knew. having to put down his former best and childhood friend Billy Grey, seeing Ashley destroy her life with drugs having to save her life numerous times convincing himself he no longer loved her when deep down he still did. he would try to remain tough the pain of it all would weigh him down as if he had the weight of the world on his shoulders. as much as we hate it how his life came to an end in GTA V being weakened by drug addiction and his love for Ashley got him killed by an unstable sociopath known as Trevor it would of only ended in tragedy anyway as said by The Title " The Lost and Damned" Johnny and the Lost Brotherhood were doomed.

Mr Webby
  • Mr Webby

ZKS Lieutenant

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:01 PM

Johnny and the Lost Brotherhood were doomed.

It was a bad ending for Johnny and the Lost MC. Even for people that didn't like him, they have to admit that it was a bad way to kill a character, especially such a major character like himself. 

I can't remember if the Lost have other chapters in different cities so maybe they will make a presence in other GTA games. Maybe the AOD will make an appearance and I would actually like that. I didn't want to see the Lost appear in GTA V anyway, the AOD are more interesting

• Brian Grey likes this

JosephStalin
  • JosephStalin

Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

• BUSTED!
  • Russia

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:54 AM

Why Would I ignore the events Of V When the writers who created Johnny choose  to kill him off?   :dozing:

• Pastry likes this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

Why Would I ignore the events Of V When the writers who created Johnny choose  to kill him off?   :dozing:

Because Gta5 Storyline is bullsh*t, focusing on making money and not satisfying the REAL fanbase, not jsut the kids playing the online content. I have had this discussion lot of times. Gta5 aint cannon to me at all. And I havent even played it to know how sh*tty it is.

• B Dawg, PhillBellic, Journey_95 and 4 others like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:07 AM

Because Gta5 Storyline is bullsh*t, focusing on making money and not satisfying the REAL fanbase, not jsut the kids playing the online content. I have had this discussion lot of times. Gta5 aint cannon to me at all. And I havent even played it to know how sh*tty it is.

historic_cannon_01.jpg

:p

Spoiler

Anyhoo, I agree with you. The events of V, particularly surrounding The Lost MC was just fu*king ridiculous. As others have suggested, Wei 'whatever his Name is' should have been replaced with The Lost. There we could have had some proper conflict between Trevor and TLMC.

:^:

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

Or The Angels Of Death. Their presence would have made far more sense.

• Payne Killer likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

That too.

Rockstar have trashed the Canon they established in the IV Saga. I feel that it is to their detriment. Have a read of many of the popular Topics surrounding that Fiasco.

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 June 2016 - 01:42 AM

That too.

Rockstar have trashed the Canon they established in the IV Saga. I feel that it is to their detriment. Have a read of many of the popular Topics surrounding that Fiasco.

English aint my mother tongue. Canon, cannon. You got my point, thats what matters.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:34 PM

It's still canon.
I mean cannon.
  • slimeball supreme and Pastry like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

GTA 5 story can be cannon, but it can't be canon :p

• Piggsy pls and eCola like this

CreepShow
  • CreepShow

My brothers, let's roll!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:58 PM

It's still canon.
I mean cannon.

NOT TO ME I SAID.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:59 AM

k
still cannon tho
  • slimeball supreme and Pastry like this