17 replies to this topic
TheDamnTrainCJ
  • TheDamnTrainCJ

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

Hey guys,

so im a huge FAN of the GTA series, i completed every GTA game at least 2 times ( Vicecity 10 times and with SanAndreas i forgot counting...)

But i never played GTA, GTA 2 , London and GTA Advance.

I started GTA 2, but only walked drove around.

I know for a 1996 game this game was amazing, but i don't know, i just don't feel comfortable playing it...  ( I love Chinatown wars, but it is totally different)

Should i give this game a try? I don't think the story and the missions will be that amazing after i played all the ,,advanced'' ones.

• CRAZYGTASAINT likes this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

Give it a try. After all this game is where the series started. :)

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Yes. You should complete GTA (and 2) at least once, but I'm only saying that because it was my favourite game back in those days. Ah man the memories... Good times!
  • spoonman039 likes this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:35 PM

Don't touch Advance, it's a waste of time.

GTA 1 is ok, decent game and a ok time waster, but you'll probably spend more time trying to get it working properly than actually playing the game

As for GTA2....This game....IT'S ONE OF THE BEST, this game isn't story focused (in fact it's the only GTA without a story), but the amount of fun here is endless, I recommend getting V.11.44 Version, it's free and it fixes all the annoying bugs from the R* Classics version.

• Vice City criminal, Rejeckted and MikePhilips like this

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Partially honest.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

If you Really don't feel like enjoying Top-Down view games try GTA 2 and GTA Advance First.

CRAZYGTASAINT
  • CRAZYGTASAINT

The Crazy GTA Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:49 PM Edited by CRAZYGTASAINT, 16 February 2015 - 11:50 PM.

Such a coincidence,

I, like yourself, have completed all of the GTA games apart from the top down ones. I am an avid fan so last year I brought the collectors edition with 1, 2 and London included together. I played them all for around 5 mins each and didn't look at them again.

But...

Recently I started building my collection again and brought the original GTA2 and the limited edition of GTA 1. It got me thinking, so tonight I started playing GTA 1. I must say that I haven't had this much fun since I first completed the 3D era games for the first time.

So yes, you definitely should give them a try.

P.S. GTA1 was released in 1999

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

GTA 1 was released in 1997, while GTA2 was released in 1999 :)

CRAZYGTASAINT
  • CRAZYGTASAINT

The Crazy GTA Saint

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

GTA 1 was released in 1997, while GTA2 was released in 1999 :)

Ah, I see that I misread  :bored:

KeWiS
  • KeWiS

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:45 AM

My very first played GTA back in childhood days! Dispite the top-down view I learnt steering cars quite quickly, as all of my friends, who played this, were always cursing the driving  xD But the best in this game is that the missions are really enjoyable and the game itself had a very nice climate (certainly putting 3 maps separately could affect). 

But I'll never forget how difficult were missions in Vice City part 2 - my keyboard had some very hard times xD

And answering the top question: YES! The game is still worth playing, but I've noticed that getting this game work properly on newer OS (Windows 7 and higher) is quite a challenge. But nonetheless, GIVE IT A TRY! It will definitely pay off ;)

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:47 AM

I have yet to find a top down game as good as the first 2 GTA games. Just something about them, the aesthetic. Especially the first one.

Keano
  • Keano

Follow The Train

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 27 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

Definitely give them a go. They are all awesome. Be prepared for using a GBA emulator for Advance should you try it. It's rare and costs a lot online.

MrAssClap
  • MrAssClap

In it to win it - Zac Efron

• Members

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:56 PM

Heck to the no

retr0fruit
  • retr0fruit

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

Sure. Give it a try. It would be cool to look back at the old ones, considering that's where the series started. :)

DimitriFaustin
  • DimitriFaustin

Carjacked in Hilltown

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:22 AM

To anyone who wants to see where Grand Theft Auto all began, no one is stopping you. I certainly am not stopping you.

That said (all bias aside), I highly recommend GTA 2, though.

• Cluckin' Bell likes this

DERGaming
  • DERGaming

Dagger

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:08 AM

Hey man it's your choice if you want to check it out it's a 2D game and fells
A little retro for obvious reasons but go ahead and give it
A try

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:17 AM

Well imo every GTA-fan should experience all of the games in the series at least once, even if they think they wont enjoy the game cause they might be surprised. This certainly was the case for me cause back in the day I thought GTA 1 looked absolutely horrible and I couldn't get myself to play it at all, but now that I gave it a chance I found it's actually real fun and challenging game. Pretty much the same could be said for Londons, I'm on 1969 atm and the missions are fun and memorable (especially the one with ICBM that can blow up the whole city).

Mr_Human_Guy
  • Mr_Human_Guy

Gringo with Chainsaw

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

I'd say give it a try on the pc atleast I didn't like the ps1 port tbh but if you are truely curious about Grand Theft Autos origins than they are totally free to download man

Azurex
  • Azurex

✓ Certified trash

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:39 AM

Try it, but don't expect to enjoy it

It's a clunky mess that has aged absolutely horribly, imo.

If you haven't already, play GTA 2 - It's the perfection of the 2D Grand Theft Auto game; the definitive top-down open-world experience. Totally untouchable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users