★ Looking for GTASnP.com Feedback

21 replies to this topic
Samutz
  • Samutz

Undefined index: member_title in user_profile.php on line 1012

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Contribution Award [SnP Site Design]

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:13 PM Edited by Samutz, 30 March 2015 - 07:14 PM.

30 March 2015 - 2:13 PM:

New site is live. http://gtasnp.com/

Use this topic if you want to leave feedback, bug reports, etc.

24 March 2015 - 4:19 PM:

Spoiler

23 March 2015 - 11:15 AM:

Spoiler

10 February 2015 - 06:13 PM:
Spoiler

• Spuds725, MorsPrincipiumEst, GTAGuy1995 and 1 other like this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

Current is fine. Although I liked the old layout. but, as you said it works for the new devices, so not much more to say as long as it gets the job doen.
I can now use Firefox to access it, which I could not a few months ago. I used to have to go to IE to post from it.

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:57 AM

Current is fine. Although I liked the old layout. but, as you said it works for the new devices, so not much more to say as long as it gets the job doen.
I can now use Firefox to access it, which I could not a few months ago. I used to have to go to IE to post from it.

That's odd considering I primarily test and debug in Firefox before other browsers.

I don't have any plans to change the layout (other than tweaks to accommodate new features). I used Bootstrap to redo the layout mainly for improved device and browser compatibility.

Is there any specific differences in the layouts that you preferred?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:07 AM Edited by OrionSR, 11 February 2015 - 01:15 AM.

In general, I prefer the old-school philosophy of no logins required, but I appreciate your willingness to re-evaluate the decision in the light of the current technologies and trends.

Other than a complex color scheme for a CG BBCode link, the preferences I set are quickly configured as needed. Any login or lost password process would seem more complicated. So if it's only a matter of preferences then I would prefer to avoid logging in.

If other features could be tied to a login I might reconsider. For example, consistent preferences across different PCs or devices, access to mu upload/download history or other usage statistics, or a few... well, I guess this isn't the appropriate place to speculate.

BTW,  can the Copied Content to Clipboard popup message be told to go away on it's own right away? A preference to skip it all together might make a login worth the trouble. ;)

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:16 AM Edited by Samutz, 11 February 2015 - 01:50 AM.

In general, I prefer the old-school philosophy of no logins required, but I appreciate your willingness to re-evaluate the decision in the light of the current technologies and trends.

Other than a complex color scheme for a CG BBCode link, the preferences I set are quickly configured as needed. Any login or lost password process would seem more complicated. So if it's only a matter of preferences then I would prefer to avoid logging in.

If other features could be tied to a login I might reconsider. For example, consistent preferences across different PCs or devices, access to mu upload/download history or other usage statistics, or a few... well, I guess this isn't the appropriate place to speculate.

BTW,  can the Copied Content to Clipboard popup message be told to go away on it's own right away? A preference to skip it all together might make a login worth the trouble. ;)

I should have clarified in the first post that having an account would mean preferences would be saved to that account so that you can login and access them in any browser/device. Upload history is a given since it's already part of the current preferences. Other account features could be added if requested.

The copy to clipboard popups will probably be replaced with smaller tooltip/toast-like notification that appears for a second and then fades out/disappears. Edit: Went ahead and changed this on the current site.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:19 AM

Is there any specific differences in the layouts that you preferred?

Nothing really, just that the Original layout seemed more compact/precise than the trend for "fingerpainting" of the Windows 8 "Tiles". Main thing is it works now for me without the need to use IE.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:33 PM Edited by lil weasel, 06 March 2015 - 12:44 PM.

Since all current links are apparently dead. Wondering if it is possible to include the Script Files Access for the V1 and V2 PC games?
  • MrMateczko likes this

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:52 PM Edited by Samutz, 06 March 2015 - 04:14 PM.

Since all current links are apparently dead. Wondering if it is possible to include the Script Files Access for the V1 and V2 PC games?

That's something I was considering in the past, but was worried I might catch trouble for redistributing original, copyrighted game files. I'll look in to it.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:12 PM Edited by lil weasel, 06 March 2015 - 07:14 PM.

An interest puzzle, that. How to perpetuate the various versions of the game, yet not violate a basic sharing rule of the forum.
Would also apply to those wanting to mission help too.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

ThinkPad is love

• Members
  • Poland
  • Helpfulness Award [Chain Game]

Posted 07 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

IMO, as long as it's not a crack (a .exe), or a file with a copyright from a different company (EAX .dll) it should be fine.

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

The new features are almost ready to go live. I'd like some users to check it out and leave feedback here (if any). I've done some testing but I don't have have every single game for every single platform. In a few days, if every looks good, I'll make the changes live.

http://beta.gtasnp.com/

• GTAKid667 and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [Chain Game]
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

I've checked out some of the features of the website using various save files on my computer for the various GTA Games and platforms and everything seems to be working very well. You've done a very good job :^:

• Samutz likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:22 PM Edited by thehambone, 26 March 2015 - 04:24 PM.

Great work Samutz! The new site looks very promising!

I did come across an error, however. I get a database error when I try to upload III or VC PC files (I haven't tried any other game or platform). Here's a screenshot of the error message:
Spoiler

If it helps, I'm using Firefox 36 on Windows 7.

P.S thanks for mentioning me in the credits! ;)
  • Samutz and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:29 PM Edited by Samutz, 26 March 2015 - 04:33 PM.

Thanks. It should be fixed now.

Also disabled database debugging. It's not supposed to show users the full database error. I can view the errors server-side if I need to.

• MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

thehambone
  • thehambone

Don't remind me of home Or I might notice where I am

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

I've confirmed that it works. It looks great!
  • Samutz likes this

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

MIssing in Action

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:30 PM

Wow-- Haven't been to the site in a while-- Looks fantastic-- and nice features with the "checklist" showing up on the page.

• Samutz likes this

khsh97
  • khsh97

Thug

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [SA Mission Help]

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

wow... well done...!!! There is now checklist, collectables map and glitch detection for mobile v1.5+ saves. Thanks for the great work!!!
  • Samutz likes this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Insert Title Here

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:34 PM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 21 May 2017 - 05:09 PM.

edit

• Samutz likes this

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

The site looks excellent now. I like all of the new features.

Found a minor bug in my 100% SA save game from my signature: Paramedic mission appears as "not available", even though it is completed. Everything else works fine.

It should be working correctly now. Thanks.

• MorsPrincipiumEst and GTAGuy1995 like this

GTAGuy1995
  • GTAGuy1995

Insert Title Here

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:47 PM Edited by GTAGuy1995, 21 May 2017 - 05:09 PM.

edit

Samutz
  • Samutz

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

No problem. Glad you fixed it.

Found a couple more things: I remember months ago, there was a check for "Beat the Cock!" events for SA page but looks like now it's gone. Can't find Unique Jumps either. Bulgrary is still here, however. These aren't required for 100% completion but it's still nice to have them.
Also on GTA 3 checklist, only Vigilante has 20 for each island check but I think Firefighter should have a similar check too.

BTW don't forget to credit me for reporting these bugs and giving suggestions, as a couple of months ago I suggested to show the amount of health and armor. ;)

I removed them temporarily because they aren't required for 100%. I plan on moving them to their own section with other optional objectives in the future. I was told Burglary was required for 100%, but I'll look in to it again. Stunt jumps can be checked on the collectible map. I'll look in to the Firefighter one for III when I get home from work.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

Burglary is not required for 100% in SA. Completing the mission unlocks infinite sprint, so it's something we like to see up front.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users