10,427 replies to this topic
whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think I might have found some rare ones, but I am not sure exactly.  But before I post any pics, is this thread only for online-mode-found NPC vehicles, or can you post story-mode NPC vehicles here?

Well a lot of us have story mode npc vehicles in online, so I guess it's ok. Check the OP and Joonas's lists though, or you might be posting stuff already known about.

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think I might have found some rare ones, but I am not sure exactly.  But before I post any pics, is this thread only for online-mode-found NPC vehicles, or can you post story-mode NPC vehicles here?

Well a lot of us have story mode npc vehicles in online, so I guess it's ok. Check the OP and Joonas's lists though, or you might be posting stuff already known about.

I checked them. To my knowledge it's nothing that's been posted before, either in color or mods. I will double check to make sure. I didn't go through all 348 pages though obviously, as I am only but a husky and not a robot.

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Discovered the Kalahari while loading into online from storymode this week. Npc was driving this in the regular traffic, I had no clue they implented Giantsgiants in the game. :lol:

Zk6XLGXoIEOgGHxYO2xNuQ_0_0.jpg

• Perez84 and Arms Dealer like this

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Npc was driving this in the regular traffic, I had no clue they implented Giantsgiants in the game. :lol:

Secretly Giantsgiants works for Rockstar Games coding the NPC-modified special vehicle spawns.

• mrgstrings likes this

Arms Dealer
  • Arms Dealer

(68)

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Arms Dealer, A week ago.

So yeah, when the transform races start with your custom car, every vehicle afterwards shares the same colour/texture. I've had Worn Dark Red Besras, Blazer Aquas, you name it. Really hope a glitch comes out of this...

I went through all the races last night and not once did any vehicle after starting the race share the same color or texture as my original car. Were the vehicles that did this for you something you didn't own?

I tried some of the race, not all changed as selected custom car. Some like Vinewood Thrills, Mixed-up do change.

Just wanted to resurrect this because I found the same thing in several races (Mixed Up, Slam Dunk, Home Run etc). I found that subsequent vehicles will adopt your chosen custom vehicle's color and texture as long as you do not already own the subsequent vehicle. Further, it seems that crew colors and modded colors act a bit differently, since subsequent non-owned vehicles will adopt the base color/paint of the initial custom vehicle, so for crew colors it will show metallic black(?) and for a modded color like RGB+gold it would show the base gold. This will be highly relevant once there are simultaneously custom transform races and a race glitch to save the cars.

Back on the more recent topic, did you modify that Kalahari at all? I don't remember seeing Kalahari's in traffic either, so that's a pretty cool find!

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago Edited by mrgstrings, A week ago.

No, it looked exactly like that when I hijacked it. Should have tried to take it to LSC maybe. :miranda:

Ekgulati6
  • Ekgulati6

Ekgulati6

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

No, it looked exactly like that when I hijacked it.

This Kalahari and at least 1 or 2 other NPC ones are listed in Joonas' Spreadsheets under NPC Modified

• Arms Dealer and mrgstrings like this

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

This Kalahari and at least 1 or 2 other NPC ones are listed in Joonas' Spreadsheets under NPC Modified

Oh, can you link me to this sheet?  I found a stickerbombed Panto in traffic in story mode and it seriously looks like the Mystery Machine for real, all unique colors that are unknown to the LSC mechanic.

• mrgstrings likes this

Ekgulati6
  • Ekgulati6

Ekgulati6

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Oh, can you link me to this sheet?  I found a stickerbombed Panto in traffic in story mode and it seriously looks like the Mystery Machine for real, all unique colors that are unknown to the LSC mechanic.

Here you go:
https://joonasprkl.github.io
  • Arms Dealer, SeberHusky, mrgstrings and 1 other like this

SeberHusky
  • SeberHusky

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Here you go:
https://joonasprkl.github.io

Had no idea this existed, thank you!

Ekgulati6
  • Ekgulati6

Ekgulati6

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

So I was about to take off with a plane in FZ and npc in a Dubsta 2 drove up to me. Weirdest thing ever...

• Arms Dealer and kovaandr like this

SILENCOM
  • SILENCOM

Car Meet Aficionado

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Is there currently any way to store mission vehicles? The blue circle method doesnt seem to work anymore.

Ekgulati6
  • Ekgulati6

Ekgulati6

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Is there currently any way to store mission vehicles? The blue circle method doesnt seem to work anymore.

Only the ones that are chasing you in the missions

REV4T300Racing
  • REV4T300Racing

GTAO Mega Collector - Playing Legit... Owning Everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago Edited by REV4T300Racing, 3 days ago.

I'm pretty certain I still have a screenshot of the stickerbomb Panto with the luggage on the roof with a light blue base color that randomly spawned at the Burton LSC in online, it didn't spawn at the usual location were all the regular NPC modified vehicles spawn against the brick wall adjacent to the laneway, it was near the LSC door in front of the landing were vehicles also spawn at times. Never seen another since

JoonasPRKL
  • JoonasPRKL

No More Drank

• Facade
  • Finland
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 days ago Edited by JoonasPRKL, 3 days ago.

Some of the spawn points are bit different in singleplayer than in online, also SP has a lot more spawn points around the map.
In SP the Burton LSC npc modified cars spawn near the LSC door.

REV4T300Racing
  • REV4T300Racing

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago

I just found it, I stand corrected, its a snapmatic not a screenshot so unfortunately doesn't clearly that it was in MP

It was from a couple of years ago so I couldn't be certain but was likely back in PS3 days.

It was definitely in MP though, taken by my online character (I've never actually played SP :miranda:  only ever played MP,  in excessive quantities  :karmaeater: )

https://prod.hosted....yOYFRIQ_0_0.jpg

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 3 days ago

I just found it, I stand corrected, its a snapmatic not a screenshot so unfortunately doesn't clearly that it was in MP

It was from a couple of years ago so I couldn't be certain but was likely back in PS3 days.

It was definitely in MP though, taken by my online character (I've never actually played SP :miranda:  only ever played MP,  in excessive quantities  :karmaeater: )

https://prod.hosted....yOYFRIQ_0_0.jpg

You need to play some SP to get into MP. Everyone's driven around in SP at some point, even if it's just because the servers are f*cking up. I can pretty much guarantee that's a shot from SP from the spawn location, plus the fact that there's the arse-end of a Huntley in shot; the only place you'll see them in MP is "DLC drive" (between the Arena and the docks), or rarely around Vespucci canals.

REV4T300Racing
  • REV4T300Racing

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 days ago Edited by REV4T300Racing, 2 days ago.

Yep, I accept a margin of doubt given I have no irrefutable proof, I have no investment in being right.

Honestly, I could have sworn this was in MP tho, however no proof = no reality, I'm totally fine with that  :colgate:

Also true, right at the beginning I did the the minimum Franklin Lamar mission just to unlock MP but that was it. And yep, you're totally right, there has been an extremely rare occasion I drove around a little in SP waiting for the servers to come online. Typically I would just go back to playing GT6 till the servers came back

I thought it might have been some weird SP bleed thru or something and wondered if anyone else had seen anything like it

Edit:

The more I think about it now, the more I think you guys may well be correct (evidenced by the Huntly etc). My profound apologies that being the case. I will remember not to post on the spur of the moment late at night before fully engaging adequate grey matter  :miranda: :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users