Your First Vehicle?

154 replies to this topic
Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

Like the self-explanatory title says, what was your first vehicle?

Mine was a 1997 GMC Sonoma. It was ugly as hell and completely base, but it ran like a champion. I ended up trading it because I needed a vehicle that could hold more than three people.

Spoiler

• Android and LightningLord like this

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

ok

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:39 PM Edited by LightningLord411, 05 February 2015 - 10:41 PM.

2000 Honda Civic.
nZsHTIR.jpg
Got it as a birthday present when I turned 15. Someone ran into me last week and the car is ruined.
IZ8iAgY.jpg
uSoWT1P.jpg
  • Gutslab, Android, DarkSavageDeathlyCloud and 1 other like this

mr quick
  • mr quick

MR QUICK - PRICKLIEST CACTUS 2017

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Kenny G Enthusiast [All Time]
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:20 PM Edited by Marwin Moody, 05 February 2015 - 11:20 PM.

A 1989 Saab 900 Turbo 16v which I bought with my own f*cking money, for which I worked very f*cking hard.

557138_477067165648901_1230998035_n.jpg?

I had to sell it when it needed a complete restoration and was unsafe to run. God, I miss that car. 

LightningLord
  • LightningLord

ok

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:41 PM

A 1989 Saab 900 Turbo 16v which I bought with my own f*cking money, for which I worked very f*cking hard.

-saab-

I had to sell it when it needed a complete restoration and was unsafe to run. God, I miss that car. 

Are they common where you live?

Dottie
  • Dottie

the hell am I still doin here

• Facade
  • NATO

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

Good ole 2010 Ford Fucus Focus
4 gears of fun
/lol

Red lining second gear goes 85mph though :cool:
  • Android likes this

Eurotrash
  • Eurotrash

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:26 AM Edited by Eurotrash, 06 February 2015 - 10:26 AM.

1996 Daewoo Cielo.

Shut up.

• LightningLord and Mukkus like this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

1974 Citroën DS 23.

5Plm1oY.jpg

• mr quick, Plank., AAR and 7 others like this

mr quick
  • mr quick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:16 PM Edited by Marwin Moody, 06 February 2015 - 10:47 PM.

-saab-

Are they common where you live?

No. Especially not the Turbo 16v 5-door variant. 

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

Volvo S70 2.4 Non-Turbo
Manual from 1998

thump_9271294image.jpg

-180,000km

- interior in very bad condition / falling apart

- Suspension with more KM than what it should have.

- The worse handling I have ever seen on a car. Looked like driving a huge ship on bad weather. If I took a curve at high speed, it was like if the car wanted to throw me out from the window and I had to grab my self hard lol.

It had an electrical power since my family and I bought it new and sometimes, for no reason it jerked while shifting gears and we had to stop, turn the engine off, wait for 5 minutes and it was working fine again.

The alternator of the car didn't work properly since it didn't keep the battery charged and some days my car wound't start.
  • Android, LightningLord and Mukkus like this

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

GHMC President

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:49 AM

First car was a 1993 Nissan Maxima GLE which i bought from my mother for $500 when she purchased a newer vehicle. Interior was mint and the VQ30 powerplant was phenominal. Seriously one of the best engines ive encountered. It enticed me to buy two more Maxima's later on.

Unfortunately i dont have any pics of the old girl :(
  • Android, LightningLord and Mukkus like this

-Silence*
  • -Silence*

Eh?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:22 AM

Mine was a 1984 Bmw 325e (e30). Learned how to drive manual in it, then did a bunch of work to it before I got my license.I worked at a BMW dealership at the time so was a easy choice for me. Crashed it 2 weeks after I got it on the road, fixed it for $400 and then decided I hated it and sold it to buy a 1995 325i. God I miss the E36 still. I had the chance to buy it back but it got wrecked before I could. Crazy thing is the E30 is alive and kicking as I saw it at my friend shop a few months ago when I brought my current e46 there... Hard to believe that was 8 years ago I owned the e30/e36 already.

2482_133493990721_7414336_n.jpg?oh=21084

2482_133493970721_1186148_n.jpg?oh=9d0c9

• Plank., Android and LightningLord like this

MLB
  • MLB

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

Still got it lol but..

My 97 S420 Mercedes.

ijPrvBz.jpgI love it lol, yes there are things wrong with it, fuel injectors needs cleaning, parking sensors don't work, self closing door pump is going, aircon and radio don't work lol but it drives like a dream and i would still choose it i think if i had to choose again.

• Plank., Android, LightningLord and 1 other like this

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:34 AM Edited by CjLosSantos, 12 February 2015 - 01:35 AM.

my first car was a 1997 Eclipse GSX with a engine swap.(made 450hp after swap). in black lowered suspension, brembo brakes

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

I doubt it. What engine swap? What modifications for 450hp? How was it lowered? What Brembo brakes were fitted?
  • mr quick likes this

mr quick
  • mr quick

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
    Contribution [Music]

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

Bro chill, he had black lowered suspension. 

• Outcast, epoxi, Plank. and 2 others like this

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

#YardOn

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:04 PM

My first car isn't something I really like to talk about.

It was a 2008 Citröen C3.

393237_10200353431982361_148239598_n.jpg

It sucked major ass. It was slow, its suspension was completely f*cked up, its brakes weren't working properly... Bought the car for ~USD 4,500 at the time, and it needed some good ~USD 2,000 in repairs (which the dealership - a Citröen dealership, mind you - didn't tell me). The car seemed alright when I drove it, but it fell apart in the following weeks.

After a good year with it, I gave it as part of my 2013 Ford Fiesta payment. Ford payed out USD 6,000 for it :p

ChrissDaMan
  • ChrissDaMan

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

My first vehicle, or motoriced vehicle was a Pitpro dirt bike, 125cc with 10hp (i belive it was) I got it in 2008 in the summer time.

It was so much, I use to ride it to school every day, even though it's is illegal to use on the public road and there is no kind of license to take for these in Sweden

You can get moped license when you are 15, anyway the drit bike was so much fun to ride in the forest and the older kids that had scooters and moped always got so mad at me for that my bike sounded more then theirs, once got beaten up cause of it hehe :D

It's not the one in the picture, mine was metallic grey with black trim

1224823953.jpg

My first car though was this -95 Saab 900SE, that my grandpa baught brand new in 1995, then he passed away and my grandma was to old to drive so she gave it to me, who later gave it to me, sadly though I rolled it after a year... But as my mom keep telling me, atleast now my grandma, grandpa and the Saab is up in heaven together! :)

841294_202860713231446_1712398420_o.jpg

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:24 AM Edited by CjLosSantos, 13 February 2015 - 12:30 AM.

I doubt it. What engine swap? What modifications for 450hp? How was it lowered? What Brembo brakes were fitted?

put a new evo engine it and upgraded the specs,(Ecu, radiator, turbo manfold)the brembo brakes where street (gt brembo) and the car was black not the supension. (the evo engine was from 2000.)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:27 PM

How did you "upgrade" the "ECU"? By "turbo manifold", do you mean turbo and manifold or just the manifold, and if so, with what? Which turbo? Off-the-shelf kit? You say you put a "new Evo engine" in it- the engine in an Eclipse GSX, the 4G63, is fundamentally the same as that in the Evolution I-IX, so why swap out the whole engine rather than just the nice, shiny forged internals that would permit it to hold the boost required for ~450bhp? There are at least two variants of the Brembo GT kit for the Eclipse, which one did you fit? What good did upgrading the "radiator" do you? How do you know it was "450bhp"? Was that at the wheels, hubs or flywheel? Did you make any modifications to the drivetrain? How was it lowered? What about all the ancillaries?

-

You've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and it's really funny watching you make a total tit of yourself trying to pretend you do.
  • Plank. likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:44 PM

My first ride technically isn't mine (its my dad's) but I drive it daily. 2003 Dodge Durango SXT, with third row seating and packing a V8 under the hood. And it just hit the 150K mark :3

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:14 PM Edited by CjLosSantos, 13 February 2015 - 05:15 PM.

How did you "upgrade" the "ECU"? By "turbo manifold", do you mean turbo and manifold or just the manifold, and if so, with what? Which turbo? Off-the-shelf kit? You say you put a "new Evo engine" in it- the engine in an Eclipse GSX, the 4G63, is fundamentally the same as that in the Evolution I-IX, so why swap out the whole engine rather than just the nice, shiny forged internals that would permit it to hold the boost required for ~450bhp? There are at least two variants of the Brembo GT kit for the Eclipse, which one did you fit? What good did upgrading the "radiator" do you? How do you know it was "450bhp"? Was that at the wheels, hubs or flywheel? Did you make any modifications to the drivetrain? How was it lowered? What about all the ancillaries?

-

You've got absolutely no idea what you're talking about, and it's really funny watching you make a total tit of yourself trying to pretend you do.

like I said i really don't care if you believe me or not Im not going to prove myself to Anyone on here,50 trim turbo (agp) 2-216 race fmic bov, 3''turbo back dslink 720cc injectors 255 hp fp does that answer your questions

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

-

like I said i really don't care if you believe me or not Im not going to prove myself to Anyone on here,50 trim turbo (agp) 2-216 race fmic bov, 3''turbo back dslink 720cc injectors 255 hp fp does that answer your questions
Given that you copied it verbatim from the first Google result of searching "Eclipse 450hp" yes it does answer my question.

first off who cares what hp your making. what e/t do you want thats what matters now how much number you could show. now you should make sure you compression is good and if it is do this and you will be at 400whp like that.

50 trim turbo (agp)
2-216 race fmic
bov,
3''turbo back
dslink
720cc injectors
255 hp fp

and for more help magnus intake manifold and ported head

also make sure you get some cams this will help out alot with the 50 trim

Idiot.
  • epoxi, mr quick and Plank. like this

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

Given that you copied it verbatim from the first Google result of searching "Eclipse 450hp" yes it does answer my question.

Idiot.

Haha, I was just about to post this!
  • sivispacem likes this

Vaulttec
  • Vaulttec

Vault Dweller

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

it was the same set up I had there where from all my records on the car but like I said I don't give a sh*t on what you guys think. I know many people that have That set up. are you going to call them a lier?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Näkyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

like I said I don't give a sh*t on what you guys think.

You clearly give enough of a sh*t to lie, and continue to lie, about it. I mean you didn't actually answer most of the questions I asked, which you'd have known if you had the first f*cking clue what you were talking about.

If you read the post you'd stolen your list from, you'd see that it's supposed to be a rough baseline for ~400whp. If you knew anything about cars, modification, the basic principles of how dynos work, etc, you know that wheel horsepower figures take into account drivetrain losses and therefore for an estimated flywheel (standard HP) figure they need to worked back in. Given average drivetrains losses of between 20% and 30%, probably much more in your case given that you made no mention of uprating the clutch, flywheel or any differentials, that would suggest an actual output of somewhere north of 500hp. But, of course, because you're clueless and ignorant, you chose to cherry-pick a list you thought matched my question without reading it.

I know many people that have That set up. are you going to call them a lier?

Firstly, I doubt you do, given your complete lack of knowledge, inability to construct a vaguely believable lie, and the fact you still continue to argue the toss even though it's blatantly obvious to everyone you're talking sh*t suggest you're actually in your early teens.

But the "spec list" you copied, complete with errors, from DSMTalk doesn't actually tell us what modifications were fitted to your "car". It gives a fairly rough list of the specifications of those parts, but not the parts themselves. It's also not everything you'd need to build an actually drivable 450hp Eclipse. Which, again, you'd know if you had any idea what you were talking about.

Look, I get the appeal of trying to play Billy big-bollocks and pretending you're awesome to fit in in Vehicle Chat because, let's face it, us regulars are awesome. But you're a sh*t liar who doesn't know when he's beaten, and should probably toddle back off to the V forum, or Online, or wherever else all the other children who pretend to own cars they don't reside.
  • Outcast and Android like this

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Draw Contest Winner 2016
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:15 PM Edited by epoxi, 13 February 2015 - 09:18 PM.

My first car was a 2005 Citroen C2 (1.4). It was all show and no go, not even the VTR model.

29856290030_original.jpg?v=0
29856290033_original.jpg

It had all the Fast and Furious nonsense: 18" wheels with rubber band tyres, tinted windows, Powerflow exhaust, 1000w subwoofer. I bought the car already modified so luckily I didn't put anything into it other than the stereo system (if anything it cost less than an equivalent unmodified example).

I learned the following lessons:

• Loud exhausts are annoying as hell, even if I were to get a custom exhaust for performance now, I'd get the one that's as quiet as possible (I don't care if you're rocking a V12 engine, take it on the motorway for 4 hours and you'll soon be fed up)

• Big wheels come with a big price, I cannot stress enough how annoying they are to live with. The ride is bumpy, the increased noise at high speed is irritating, you are forever scared to death of every pothole and kerb in the universe, the tyres are expensive, the wheels constantly pull to follow the camber of the road, tie rods needed replacing every year and in return for all that suffering all your wheels do is corrode and look miserable.

• Lowered suspension is not for daily drivers, at least not in Europe, you don't want to plan your journeys based on the number of speedbumps and potholes on a route.

• French cars suck, I am very careful with my possessions but things still managed to break, over time bits of trim and interior would warp and/or just fall off for no apparent reason. My new Toyota (which is older than the Citroen) is like a whole new world of build quality.

But after all that, I still don't regret it. This was the ideal time in my life to have such a stupid car: people who don't know much about cars thought it was the coolest thing ever (sometimes people would actually stop me to compliment the car), I always had a desire to own a pimped out car sooner or later, and this was the best stage to do it: when I didn't have anywhere important to go and I didn't have to make a good impression on anyone.

If I hadn't done it then, I would be doing it now, and the regrets would hurt a hell of a lot more today. I am still keen on the idea of modifying my car, but if I do it'll be in a much more practical way.

• sivispacem, Android, LightningLord and 1 other like this

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:31 PM Edited by Svip, 13 February 2015 - 09:31 PM.

I'll correct you there, modern French cars suck. I agree with that, I'm afraid. Citroën has lost its way. While trim hasn't fallen off in my DS, my CX's trim certainly has issues. But the CX makes up for that in so many other ways.

The C2 had a look I liked, but it was made of cardboard and made a 2CV look thick. All things considered, I'd rather have a 2CV than a C2.

Icy J
  • Icy J

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:21 PM

First car is my current car. '14 220i :)

15474466243_dd58078f10_c.jpg

• iTRiP, Affalterbach and LightningLord like this

Daniel4
  • Daniel4

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:10 PM Edited by Daniel4, 15 February 2015 - 07:10 PM.

16246920236_5d57728792_b.jpg

A 2003 Renault Clio, I bought it back in October 2012 for £1000 when I was in year 13 (The last year of school here). I learnt quite a lot from buying her, such as checking whether or not the windows go up and down. Quite a lot of things have had to be fixed over the past two and a few months, but sher did have 104,000 miles when I got her. I bought it because the insurance was cheap, I would look at car ads and put registrations into websites and I got an insurance policy with a black box that I could just about afford on her.

She's got about 128 000 miles on her now, and I've moved to a much much smaller town so the insurance is much much cheaper. As part of my degree, I'm going on my year abroad this summer, and I'm definitely not re-registering her twice, and I might even be going somewhere not in Europe. So I'll have to decide what to do with her. My Dad doesn't have a car at the moment, so I might just give the Renault to him to drive for a year.

• epoxi, Android and LightningLord like this

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

Riding in my '85 tahoma

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

008_0001c.jpg

2000 Crown vic

• Zee_Lolz and LightningLord like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users