Life is Strange

266 replies to this topic
Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

"Caveira's coming for you!"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Brazil

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

First episode of this is free on Xbox One. I've played about an hour or two and am really enjoying it so far. Also as a photographer I got one of the answers right, which was fun moment for me! :p

It's a fantastic game, dude. My coworker and I were just taking about it yesterday, and we both admitted that we shed some tears along the way. I still need to get around to replaying it one day and making the different choices and such.
  • Mister Pink and MiamiViceCity like this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

Hey, do you know what you've just sudden-revived a thread that was supposed to be put into an eternal state of rest over a year ago? :whistle:

Eternal rest? Umad bro? This is like saying the Mona Lisa or the Sistine Chapel don't need to be discussed anymore :sigh:

Anyway, yea. One might say I like the game quite a bit...

x3mJnwo.jpg

:sigh:

• Mister Pink, trip, MiamiViceCity and 4 others like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

First episode of this is free on Xbox One. I've played about an hour or two and am really enjoying it so far. Also as a photographer I got one of the answers right, which was fun moment for me! :p

Awesome you're playing this bro. IMO it's one of the most emotionally gripping games I've played. There are genuine tear jerkers and moments that make your jaw drop. Happy to see you're enjoying it. :^:

• Mister Pink, Wu-Tang Forever and PoeticWhisper like this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:16 AM

It was one of my best gaming expierences of 2016, hopefully it can be yours for 2017. I never played Heavy Rain, but I've played plenty of TellTale games, but this is the best narrative video game I've ever played.
  • PoeticWhisper and RogerWho like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Ah.. so good to see so many homies I really respect on this forum that have great things to say about this game. I'll play some more over the weekend now :D

• MiamiViceCity, PoeticWhisper, The7thOne and 1 other like this

Buy EMOTION on iTunes

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

I wish I could rewind and experience playing this for the first time again.

:(

• Mister Pink, trip, MiamiViceCity and 1 other like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:46 PM

Ah.. so good to see so many homies I really respect on this forum that have great things to say about this game. I'll play some more over the weekend now :D

It seriously was one of the best games I ever played. In a year with releases like Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3 it still managed to stick out because of it's incredible narrative and characters. Not to mention the great voice acting, beautifully dark game world, and amazing soundtrack. This thread deserves to live forever!

• Mister Pink, MiamiViceCity and RogerWho like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

The game is on sale in europe PSN store for those that want to jump in. Awesome game can't be recomended enough.

• Mister Pink and RogerWho like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Everybody lies. No exceptions.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:12 AM

Loved it, adored it. It's just such an endearing, emotionally gripping experience from beginning to end, and I loved the characters, especially Chloe Price (duh). IMO most of the final episode was kind of weak and the ending felt rushed, but the ride there more than made up for it. It's probably the most emotionally involved I've felt with a game since... Mother 3?

Spoiler

I loved it so much I bought it twice (first on Xbox Live Arcade, then after finishing it I HAD to get a physical copy). Easily my favorite game of 2015.

• MiamiViceCity, ClaudeSpeed1911 and The7thOne like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:47 AM

Loved it, adored it. It's just such an endearing, emotionally gripping experience from beginning to end, and I loved the characters, especially Chloe Price (duh). IMO most of the final episode was kind of weak and the ending felt rushed, but the ride there more than made up for it. It's probably the most emotionally involved I've felt with a game since... Mother 3?

Spoiler

I loved it so much I bought it twice (first on Xbox Live Arcade, then after finishing it I HAD to get a physical copy). Easily my favorite game of 2015.

The hardest decision for me was...

Spoiler
  • Wu-Tang Forever likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 24 January 2017 - 01:18 PM

I sadly finished the first episode. I love snooping around people's rooms and just reading stuff and basically being Snoop Snooperson. I'll have to buy the rest of the episodes. 20 yoyos. I reckon that's definitely worth it. 

• trip, Wu-Tang Forever, 2281 and 1 other like this

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:59 PM

When the first episode got free on PSN, I grabbed it but didn't get around to play it it until the whole season was on sale again. Then I finally played it and after finishing it I realized I don't have the rest.

So I went to game.co.uk to grab a PSN top-up card - they usually send the codes within seconds but that day, their system was laggy and I had to wait for HOURS to get the rest of the season. Golly that waiting was horrible! :*( I can't imagine waiting months for a new episode to come out. I'd need to go to cryostasis or something otherwise I'd go mad :sui:

BTW who else has noticed two trophies (and presumably also achievements) have swapped images? 'Macro eyes' trophy has an icon of a 14mm lens, while 'Wide Angles' has an icon of a flower, generally used as a symbol for macro :p

• Mister Pink likes this

marco6158
  • marco6158

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:17 PM

Oh there's a topic about this masterpiece here, cool.

I bought it during Christmas Steam sales and I absolutely loved it, a beautiful game with an awesome story. It's the game with the best story I've ever played, I'm pretty sure about that.

• Mister Pink, Wu-Tang Forever and RogerWho like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago Edited by Spider-Vice, A week ago.

A Life is Strange season 2 has just been confirmed by Dontnod.

https://www.gamespot...d/1100-6450157/

http://lifeisstrange...d-entertainment

• Mister Pink, trip, MiamiViceCity and 7 others like this

Buy EMOTION on iTunes

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Literally screaming.
  • Spider-Vice likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Creatively Constipated

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I can't even listen to the OST without being overwhelmed. Holy sh*t.

• Spider-Vice likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

● ← Hole to another universe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I'll second that literal screaming, thanks. But really I'm screaming. I want to hug DONTNOD right now.

• Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted A week ago

https://twitter.com/...242584897257472

Christian Divine is also coming back as a writer!

• The7thOne likes this

dot.Error
  • dot.Error

Antagonist

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by dot.Error, A week ago.

Hopefully Life is Strange 2 will explain supernatural abilities. I was really dissapointed after I completed the first game. False marketing plays role in that:  I remember Nathan in the trailer saying "the storm is coming, you are all gonna die" this wasn't in the final game, he didn't even knew about the storm. And what's up with the dark room food supplies? I think this game was supposed to be more about supernatural stuff and end of the world, but they scrapped it. Shame, would be way more interesting.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Dark room food supplies? It was built as a storm shelter, so I don't know why you'd be confused as to why there is food supplies in that.

Gremlin Sombra
  • Gremlin Sombra

Life's good when you're Caveria main.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Gremlin Sombra, A week ago.

Extremely excited for this. I wonder how they are gonna take off from the first season. As both ending are very well different. So it hard to see them making it a save carry over. Can't wait to get some details on it. Whatever they do, I'm sure they'll make it interesting.

Hopefully details come at E3

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

They are said they won't be at E3, or atleast not presenting any LIS material there. I have a feeling they will go in a different direction and a new story, which if it's on point with the first season the I'll be fine.

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

I wonder what that ends up being. I loved the game of course, it's the best game of all time, probably for all eternity. I'm not looking for continuation of this story. It was a small personal piece, an allegory for life, its challenges and how we people cope with them. I am however very curious to see anything more that comes out of those awesome minds that made the first game.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

It has big shoes to fill. Fingers crossed.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted A week ago

So excited for this. Can't wait.:)

Dr. Robotnik
  • Dr. Robotnik

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by Dr. Robotnik, A week ago.

I need to play through the first season again some time. It's definitely a game I play more for the characters than the plot (because hoo boy, does the plot take a tumble in the last episode), but the characters more than make up for it. Max is one of the most unflinchingly heroic characters I've ever played as (seriously, the fandom really tends to gloss over how badass she is) and Chloe is...Chloe. It's just impossible not to fall in love with those two the way they fall in love with each other. This is one of the very few fictional romances where I can look at the characters involved and say that I get what they see in each other. None of it feels forced, rushed, or hackneyed. As a thriller/sci-fi/adventure story, it has a lot of problems. But as a love story, you don't get much better.

Zombified Andy
  • Zombified Andy

Master of procrastination

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

I can't wait for the new game, I loved the first title so much and I never even considered the possibility of a sequel.

I'm curious to know how they'll take the story now on. I hope it doesn't affect the last choice of the previous one by taking the course of action trough only one of them (but I highly doubt so as it would break the choice-consequence of the first title completely), and I don't know if they'll even continue the story of the same main characters.

Anyways, it's the same story writer and whatever publisher is with them this time, they'll surely be aware by now not interfering with the devs is the best thing to do to ensure it's success! Well, for once a game I'm truly excited about and can say for sure I'll buy it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users