Quantcast

» «
Photo

Life is Strange

370 replies to this topic
Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

There's some wild but amazing theories at /r/lifeisstrange that some of you should check out as well.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

Finally got episode 1 trail and finished it as soon as I can. Couldn't wait and bought my first ever season pass! Episode 2s done downloading so I'll play that when I wake up later today. Aand, episode 3 is on download right now.

This game is so beautiful on PS4 BTW. Recommend anyone to get it ASAP!!
  • PoeticWhisper likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:43 PM

I just finished episode 3. I am shocked. 

The anticipation and hype for episode 4 is sky high.

MRW I finished episode 3:

We-have-to-go-back-GIF-from-Lost.gif

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:17 PM Edited by Terrato137, 02 June 2015 - 10:21 PM.

I just finished episode 3. I am shocked. 

The anticipation and hype for episode 4 is sky high.

MRW I finished episode 3:

We-have-to-go-back-GIF-from-Lost.gif

My excitement for episode 4 actually ruined my sleep the night I finished episode 3. I must have my punk Chloe.

My reaction:
11304059_985302331481896_1282836335_n.jp

• Audiophile likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 02 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

Checking out some LiS theories, found this video.

Man. True Detective season 1 was great. It's interesting to hear this quote be tied in with LiS. But now that I think of it, a lot of the concepts of TD's season 1 could be. 

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:36 AM Edited by GetWoody, 03 June 2015 - 02:37 AM.

I love this type of game where every decision you make leads to a different ending

Like Catherine or The Walking Dead by Telltale Games.

Except the ending of Episode 3 pretty much undid every decision you've made up until this point. I wouldn't expect much in the way of choices & consequences.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, as ep 3 pretty much completely reinvested me in the story.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:50 AM Edited by Audiophile, 03 June 2015 - 02:50 AM.

Spoiler

I just can't see the choices we made in 1, 2, and most of 3 not mattering. 

Spoiler

I don't know, but I've a feeling we will try to go back in some way. 

We have to go back.....

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:58 AM

I love this type of game where every decision you make leads to a different ending

Except the ending of Episode 3 pretty much undid every decision you've made up until this point. I wouldn't expect much in the way of choices & consequences.

Not to say I didn't enjoy it, as ep 3 pretty much completely reinvested me in the story.

Nah, i'm quite positive the choices will make a difference, otherwise, there'd be no point in putting them in.

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:42 AM

Nah, i'm quite positive the choices will make a difference, otherwise, there'd be no point in putting them in.

You mean like Mass Effect, or any Telltale game in the last few years? There'll be a choice at the very end of the 5th episode that dictates the ending, everything else is irrelevant.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

You mean like Mass Effect, or any Telltale game in the last few years? There'll be a choice at the very end of the 5th episode that dictates the ending, everything else is irrelevant.

I...wouldn't say everything else is irrelevant. This isn't ME or Telltale.

ME though was a completely different breed.

Vendetta ™
  • Vendetta ™

You'll need a warrant, officer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

This analogy doesn't quite work.

Your choice in Mass Effect DO matter, it's only ME3's ending that disregards them, really.

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

Your choice in Mass Effect DO matter, it's only ME3's ending that disregards them, really.

Well I guess we have a different idea of what it means for your choices to matter. A few different lines of dialogue isn't really much of a consequence to me, especially with how much these games like to play them up.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Noh....nowy tendz

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

Lel I f*cked up and posted this in the Witcher 3 thread. Only just now noticed.

Really need episode 4. I was actually thinking about how much this game reminds me of Donny Darko after hearing this song off a Spotify playlist of mine.

Great song from a great movie. I can see this song fitting into LiS, haha. 
  • Fallcreek likes this

Vendetta ™
  • Vendetta ™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:16 AM Edited by Klicksend, 05 June 2015 - 01:16 AM.

Well I guess we have a different idea of what it means for your choices to matter. A few different lines of dialogue isn't really much of a consequence to me, especially with how much these games like to play them up.

A bit of a late reply, my apologies.

There's far more than a "few different lines of dialogue", like the choice of

Spoiler

Either way, I fully expect us to revert to the original timeline where our choices DO matter, LiS has been pretty good with choices so far, why would they intentionally drop the ball now?

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:30 AM

A bit of a late reply, my apologies.

There's far more than a "few different lines of dialogue", like the choice of
Spoiler

Either way, I fully expect us to revert to the original timeline where our choices DO matter, LiS has been pretty good with choices so far, why would they intentionally drop the ball now?

Well, can you give me an example of what choices have genuinely impacted the story or the game world?. Not trying to be petty, I am actually curious.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:57 AM

Never heard of this game before stumbling into this thread. Sounds like an interesting concept.

Downloading the three episodes. Will get back to let you know what I think.:)

Vendetta ™
  • Vendetta ™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:03 PM Edited by Klicksend, 06 June 2015 - 12:04 PM.

Well, can you give me an example of what choices have genuinely impacted the story or the game world?. Not trying to be petty, I am actually curious.

I didn't see it as petty at all, but since you asked about choices....(Needless to say, massive spoilers ahead.)

Spoiler

Those are just a few of the big ones I can think of off the top of my head. 

Woody112
  • Woody112

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 June 2015 - 06:46 PM

I didn't see it as petty at all, but since you asked about choices....(Needless to say, massive spoilers ahead.)

Spoiler

I was talking about LiS, my bad.

And a lot of those choices you listed don't actually have any consequence. (Spoilers ahead, hard to tag on mobile)
The Rachni Queen shouldn't even BE in the 3rd game if you wiped her out in the first, "they found another egg" is incredibly stupid and contrived.
The collector base is irrelevant in 3, and all those suicide mission characters appear in small pointless cameos, all easily replaceable (like Mordin is) some even just send you an email.
A lot of those things you listed don't happen until the third act of the trilogy, which means the writer doesn't have to take into account any actual consequences for said actions. I said earlier this was likely to be the case with LiS as well, all serious choices will be indepently decided in the 5th episode.

Maybe I'm just cynical though? I have yet to see an episodic story like these that have become so popular recently do the whole choices thing well, it's generally more for standalone titles, like Planescape: Torment or KOTOR.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:33 AM

Spoiler

And a lot of those choices you listed don't actually have any consequence. (Spoilers ahead, hard to tag on mobile)
The Rachni Queen shouldn't even BE in the 3rd game if you wiped her out in the first, "they found another egg" is incredibly stupid and contrived.
The collector base is irrelevant in 3, and all those suicide mission characters appear in small pointless cameos, all easily replaceable (like Mordin is) some even just send you an email.
A lot of those things you listed don't happen until the third act of the trilogy, which means the writer doesn't have to take into account any actual consequences for said actions. I said earlier this was likely to be the case with LiS as well, all serious choices will be indepently decided in the 5th episode.

Maybe I'm just cynical though? I have yet to see an episodic story like these that have become so popular recently do the whole choices thing well, it's generally more for standalone titles, like Planescape: Torment or KOTOR.

EP.2 spoiler

Spoiler

Vendetta ™
  • Vendetta ™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 June 2015 - 01:59 AM

Spoiler

Apologies, since ME was mentioned, I blindly assumed that was the topic of reference in the conversation.

I retain my point, but at the same time, I see exactly what you're saying, these choices don't completely change the story and are sometimes resolved cheaply, however, they still have some impact on the game world and aren't TOTALLY pointless.

While it'd be nice to have every choice end up shaping your game in some way, I think it'll be a LONG, LONG time before we start seeing developers doing that, LiS took some baby steps, but not full-blown, I think it'd take a very long time if they had to account for every choice and such, plus it's just impractical with an episodic system, the episodes would take forever to release.

Cynical? Nah, I think we just have a different view on the illusion of choice and actual choice..and that's okay.

Cheers.

• Woody112 likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:25 AM

Finished the first two episodes. Can't wait to play Chaos Theory. :)

My only criticism so far is the lip syncing is a bit cheap. but that's the only thing I can think of.

Also Max's voice actress sounds so much like Clementine's from The Walking Dead.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:10 AM

My only criticism so far is the lip syncing is a bit cheap. but that's the only thing I can think of.

Also Max's voice actress sounds so much like Clementine's from The Walking Dead.

Glad you're enjoying it! Episode 3 is very very good, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

• GerryM likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:00 PM

Glad you're enjoying it! Episode 3 is very very good, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Not at all. Just finished it.:)

Spoiler
  • GerryM and PoeticWhisper like this

Vendetta ™
  • Vendetta ™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 June 2015 - 03:14 AM

Not at all. Just finished it. :)

Spoiler

Wow, you really breezed through it, mate.

It takes me around 2 days just to finish an episode, mostly because I really want to take my time with this game.

Pretty stoked for the next episode myself,

Spoiler
, hopefully we don't have to wait too long.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:35 AM

I probably should've taken some more time, but it's one of those games that I just have to see what happens next. I pretty much done each episode in one sitting each.

Maybe in the wait for the next episode I could replay the others to get all the photo ops and try different decisions.
  • Vendetta ™ likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:33 AM

I probably should've taken some more time, but it's one of those games that I just have to see what happens next. I pretty much done each episode in one sitting each.

Maybe in the wait for the next episode I could replay the others to get all the photo ops and try different decisions.

If you want to go for photo's, they have a wonderful collectible mode which lets you get the photos and then quit to the next chapter. Nothing you do or say is cannon, it's literally just for taking photo's. It's great.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:18 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 08 June 2015 - 12:18 PM.

So they have an official Spotify playlist with songs that haven't been used yet. We have 3 songs so far they didn't use:

This in the... (Episode 3/4? spoilers)

Spoiler

Those two I don't know. I have a feeling the one by Mud Flow may be the ending song for some reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRigKyQ5FuM

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:07 AM

I noticed that too^

I love the music in this game. <3

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:28 AM

If you want to go for photo's, they have a wonderful collectible mode which lets you get the photos and then quit to the next chapter. Nothing you do or say is cannon, it's literally just for taking photo's. It's great.

Didn't know about that. Thanks buddy. Will take a look.;)
  • PoeticWhisper likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:11 AM

Apologies for the double post, but has anything been said about episode 4 yet? I'm dying to continue the saga.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users