356 replies to this topic
Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:02 AM

"What is this?"

Life Is Strange is an episodic interactive drama graphic adventure video game developed by Dontnod Entertainment (Another game of theirs was "Remember Me"), and published by Square Enix. The game's plot focuses on Maxine Caulfield, a photography student who discovers that she has the ability to rewind time at any moment, leading her every choice to enact the butterfly effect. The game will consist of five episodes. With six weeks between each episode, it released its first on 30 January 2015 (Ahem, today). Life Is Strange is available for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 via digital distribution.

Gameplay

Life Is Strange is a graphic adventure, played from a third-person view. Introducing the mechanic of rewinding time allows the player to go back and redo any action other than what is done past a checkpoint (however long a checkpoint lasts). The choices made will alter and affect the story through short, mid or long-term consequences (think Telltale's "The Walking Dead" or "Wolf Among Us") Dontnod creative director Jean-Maxime Moris added however that "for each one of your choices that you make there's no definite answer. Something good in the short-term might turn out worse later". Whenever a course of action poses an influence to the story, a butterfly symbol comes into view. Accessible possibilities are itemised at the end of each episode. Dialogue exchanges can be rewound while branching options are used for conversation. Once an event is reset, the details provided earlier are permitted to avail themselves in the future. Items that are collected before time traveling will be kept in the inventory after the fact. The player can also examine and interact with objects indicated by a system of hand drawn icons, which enables puzzle solving. As a large part of the gameplay relates to exploration, easter eggs have been implemented accordingly

Story

After five years of absence, senior photography student Maxine Caulfield (voiced by Hannah Telle) returns to her hometown of Arcadia Bay, Oregon. As she reunites with her estranged best friend Chloe Price (voiced by Ashley Burch), she discovers that Chloe's father had died the year Maxine left town. While Chloe was grieving her father, she found support in a girl named Rachel Amber, who later went missing under suspicious circumstances. Max and Chloe decide to investigate Rachel's disappearance, and as a result of which make their way to unravel the city's hidden secrets.

http://en.wikipedia....Life_Is_Strange

Personal Comment: This game is super beautiful, with the art direction, lighting and OST. The story can be cliche at times, but I think it's definitely worth a look since it's out on all platforms for only 5 bucks.

• Tyler and Onett like this

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Just started downloading the demo for this on PSN. I personally think the premise for this game looks really, really cool. Might get the season pass too if I like it.

utack
  • utack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:30 AM Edited by utack, 31 January 2015 - 02:31 AM.

First thing I noticed: Unreal Engine 3 and MSAA. 6 ears too late, but glad to have it in this game at least.

Second thing I noticed: It is getting really interesting and looking really good.

Third thing I noticed:

58655393.jpg

First Episode is pretty short, have not yet decided if the other 4 are worth the 16.99€, but I am definitly tempted.

reiniat
  • reiniat

May science shine your way.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 31 January 2015 - 05:22 AM Edited by reiniat, 31 January 2015 - 05:23 AM.

This look like the videogame David Cage could never do.

Im interested, but ill get it when at least half episodes are done i hate to wait.

utack
  • utack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:25 PM

Episode 2 will be released next tuesday (24. March):

Screenshots and concept art:

Spoiler

High quality trailer download:

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:14 PM

Man, I don't want to watch the trailer for that fresh experience, but I'm hyped as hell for episode 2. EP 1 was amazing. I need more Max & Chloe!

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

the middle of nowhere, the centre of everywhere.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:04 AM

I played the demo on psn and damn its intriguing! The only thing that pissed me off was the occult symbols dotted around the game, every game seems to have it for some weird reason. Other than that it looks like a fresh experience.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:28 AM

Ep 2 releases on the same day like bloodborne

hype

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 24 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

GOD this game is great. Episode 2 was solid as hell, and one hell of an emotional roller coaster. I feel I f*cked up a few times on the way, but that's life right? I gotta go back and get all those photo op's I missed out on. The wait for Episode 3 is gonna blow. If you're reading this and haven't gotten the game yet, GET IT.

• D3ADSH0T likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 25 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

Episode 2 was definitely really tense but i'm satisfied with my decisions lol. I just feel it in my gut.

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:26 AM

The ending to episode 2 was nothing short of beautiful.

• PoeticWhisper likes this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:26 AM

Can someone tell me how big this is on PSN please?

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Episode 2 contain one of the best gaming moments of all time for me.
Gave me quite a shock, even though i knew what was going to happened that time. Just awesome and beautiful.

Spoiler

Thank god episodic story-based game like this managed to be popular. I absolutely loved 'em.

• PoeticWhisper and Fallcreek like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:48 PM

Gave me quite a shock, even though i knew what was going to happened that time. Just awesome and beautiful.

Spoiler

Thank god episodic story-based game like this managed to be popular. I absolutely loved 'em.

Spoiler

• 69_black_69 likes this

utack
  • utack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:25 PM

Still keeping me from playing Episode 2 until I am back from a crappy notebook to my decent display.

From what you tell i can expect a lot :)

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:04 AM

This game seems to be very interesting, and brings a lot of freshness to the gaming industry. The trailers posted above are amazing, they actually gave me goosebumps - honestly. I'll definitely keep an eye on this game.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:47 AM

This game seems to be very interesting, and brings a lot of freshness to the gaming industry. The trailers posted above are amazing, they actually gave me goosebumps - honestly. I'll definitely keep an eye on this game.

I highly recommend you to do so. It's only 20$ for all 5 episodes, which is honestly a steal.

toxluv
  • toxluv

男の子は泣かない

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Italy

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:50 AM

I highly recommend you to do so. It's only 20$ for all 5 episodes, which is honestly a steal.

Thanks for letting me know the price of this game. I currently don't own a PlayStation 3 (because of the YLoD), nor a PlayStation 4, but I'll definitely buy it once I'll have one of these consoles.

69_black_69
  • 69_black_69

Just Beacuase

• Feroci
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:49 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes, that would be the wisest choice. Even when playing Telltale games myself, i won't redo the choices i've made because of the same reason as yours. 

Spoiler

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes, that would be the wisest choice. Even when playing Telltale games myself, i won't redo the choices i've made because of the same reason as yours. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:03 PM

Spoiler

utack
  • utack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:05 PM

Episode 1 was in the Square Enix easter surprise. And a coupon for 20% off the season pass.

So if you want to test Episode 1: Annoy your friends if they have the key left over.

If you want to buy the season pass: Annoy your friends if they have the 20% coupon left over.

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Episode 3 comes out on May 19th. 

Same day as The Witcher 3 :(

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 14 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

Indeed it does, and I can't wait to see the trailer if there is one. This next episode is going to be "tense" as hell. :p

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Indeed it does, and I can't wait to see the trailer if there is one. This next episode is going to be "tense" as hell. :p

dont_nod sure do know how to throw curve balls. 

• Spider-Vice likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

The teaser picture is already great enough, coupled with the teaser at the end of the Episode 2.

Trademark
  • Trademark

Endure and Survive

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:44 AM

Playing episode 3 right before I dive into The Witcher 3 makes me believe my Tuesday can't possibly get any better.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:10 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 18 May 2015 - 08:13 PM.

Oh man, oh man, this is exciting.

If any of you roam around the LiS subreddit, there are some wild theories. It is quite interesting how Max is wearing Rachel's clothes in the trailer, apparently. May confirm one of those wild theories.

• Fallcreek likes this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:40 AM

Episode 3 was utterly amazing. Powerful and long. I loved it. Episode 4 PLEASEEEEE

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:18 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 19 May 2015 - 04:19 PM.

I'm... equally flabbergasted at Episode 3, oh my f*cking God. Honestly I was expecting much less from Dontnod, these guys are geniuses! Bring Episode 4 on!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users