It supports every known Rockstar Games TXD archive.
Visit the GTA Modding wiki page for all the details!
Release page on GTAGarage.
Similar tool by The Hero/aap. I have forked his old codebase and done heavy research on the PlayStation 2 textures so that I could generate working ones from scratch. If everything goes well I will contribute my research back to his codebase. Without his open source work, I would have been set back by some time while trying to develop my own RenderWare toolchain, so give this guy a heads up
Direct download (1.0, 17.10.2016 00:06): OneDrive
Supported is Windows XP SP3 and above. No runtime libraries required anymore.
How to use TxdGen
First, you have to get some TXD files that you want to convert (from the modding scene or official Rockstar discs). Put all of the TXD files into the "txdgen_in/" folder that is located by the tool. Now edit the "txdgen.ini" file that comes with the tool so that it converts the TXDs how you want it to. Then simply double click on "txdgen.exe". A command line window will open and tell you about conversion progress and debug info. By default (in 0.8) your new TXDs should be located in a new "txdgen_out/" folder. Put those TXDs into your custom game and enjoy!
Could you not follow these steps? Visit the wiki or watch the tutorial video below!
'SanAndreas Retextured3' on PlayStation 2
Tutorial on how to use TxdGen
Optimizing GTA3 Textures (PC) (tutorial, HQ download)
Mipmapping San Andreas for PC (tutorial, HQ download)
- Uses a fork of rwtools by aap (https://github.com/aap/rwtools)
- Uses the libimagequant library (http://pngquant.org/lib/)
- Uses the libsquish library (https://code.google.com/p/libsquish/)
- Uses the lzo library (http://www.oberhumer...opensource/lzo/)
- Thanks to aru from GTAForums for XBOX swizzling and unswizzling algorithms (http://gtaforums.com...unswizzle-tool/)
- Some parts are inspired by research from DK22Pac
- Uses the PowerVR SDK (http://www.imgtec.co.../powervr-tools/)
- Uses the Compressonator library (github)
- Uses the libjpeg library (http://libjpeg.sourceforge.net/)
- Uses the libpng library (http://libpng.org/)
- Uses the libtiff library (http://libtiff.org/)