Photo

Can I Run It?

2,331 replies to this topic
MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Your graphics card is the problem, i doubt it would be able to run it.

Processor is fine ive run GTA5 on a dual core pentium.

You need more system memory, 4GB is not enough.

Well, my RAM meets the minimum requirements, so i guess it is playable?

you only meet two of the minimum requirements (cpu and ram)

Ram it's just peanuts, thats why its so cheap this days.

when it comes to gaming Gpu will be your most important part (for visual details) and CPU (for gaming performance / frames per second)

you dont have any Gpu at all by your system description

If you using on board graphics the RAM is also being used for graphics reducing the usable RAM you have for anything else. 4Gb is the minimum you can have if you have the Memory for the graphics coming from somewhere else which you do not have.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 4 weeks ago.

On top of that by not having a dedicated graphics card, it will be your CPU (intel HD ) that will have to do the job, most likelly it will stutters as hell even at low graphics. If you have a desktop, just buy a 50 old Gpu and it will do teh job

Andreivana
  • Andreivana

Stay on drugs and don't do school

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 4 weeks ago

I purchased a new PC a few months ago. Handpicked all the parts and put it together myself just for the fun of it. First game on it was ofc GTAV. Specs are:

CPU - Intel i5 6500
Motherboard - MSi Mortar B150M
GPU - MSi GTX 1060 3GB Armor
RAM - 16GB 2133mhz
PSU - Seasonic 430w
Storage - 1TB HDD & 250 GB SSD
Case - Phanteks P400 Eclipse

The cost was less than a 1000 euros for a machine that can handle basically everything. The GTX 1060 is a wonderful card. As for how it runs GTA 5 than the answer is excellent. I run it at high and very high settings, as maxed out as the 3GB of VRAM can handle. Benchamarking showed FPS of 40-65 depending on various things, but overall it runs smooth as butter. Even online. Definetally recommend such a setup.

• HaRdSTyLe_83 likes this

ViceBoy69
  • ViceBoy69

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

He has Intel Graphics HD4000 i wouldnt think they will run it

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by StormBreaker, 4 weeks ago.

Is there any way to upgrade the RAM on my notebook?

Here are my pc specs: http://support.hp.co...ument/c03587882

Do you think I should just give up and buy a better pc?

executive_heists
  • executive_heists

The Pilot

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

is there any 4K build at 60 FPS for GTA V below $1400? my PC only can run it at 10 FPS even at low setting it only met the CPU and RAM.sorry if my english is bad

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

The link you posted shows that it has got a dedicated GPU a Radion HD 7670 with 1 gig dedicated memory which might be able to deal with low settings.

but it also says you only have 2 gig RAM, RAM is something that can be upgraded on most laptop's and if the linked specs are correct you will definitely need to I am afraid. 

I think it will play once you have more RAM but it will be at min levels because both the CPU and GPU are both only just capable and will be pushing there limits.

• TheHumanIsland likes this

TheHumanIsland
  • TheHumanIsland

See The Eye

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

is there any 4K build at 60 FPS for GTA V below $1400? my PC only can run it at 10 FPS even at low setting it only met the CPU and RAM.sorry if my english is bad

Are you sure you can 4k 60fps budget if your laptop only does 10fps? I mean, I can promise you 60fps reasonably @1080p on "nearly maxed, but no AA" settings, but seriously, if you are looking to maintain a laptop 60fps @ 4k, yet what you have right now is 10fps, I don't think your market is this. It just isn't.

Desktop I can give you some information, but you need to be ready to spend 800 dollars (including windows and accepting used hardware...)

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by StormBreaker, 4 weeks ago.

The link you posted shows that it has got a dedicated GPU a Radion HD 7670 with 1 gig dedicated memory which might be able to deal with low settings.

but it also says you only have 2 gig RAM, RAM is something that can be upgraded on most laptop's and if the linked specs are correct you will definitely need to I am afraid. 

I think it will play once you have more RAM but it will be at min levels because both the CPU and GPU are both only just capable and will be pushing there limits.

MechanicMammal,

probably you did not notice that in my earlier posts, I mentioned that I have 4 GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 4000. Please Note.

P.S. Can someone tell me if the RAM size for all laptops is the same so that I can buy two 4 GB RAMs. Also, my laptop can handle max 8 GB RAM apparently

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by MechanicMammal, 4 weeks ago.

MechanicMammal,

probably you did not notice that in my earlier posts, I mentioned that I have 4 GB RAM and Intel HD Graphics 4000. Please Note.

P.S. Can someone tell me if the RAM size for all laptops is the same so that I can buy two 4 GB RAMs. Also, my laptop can handle max 8 GB RAM apparently

I'm saying that according to the Support page you linked it has both HD4000 and a AMD option as GPU's

I was going by the spec shown using the link you provided is it a different laptop than that one?

Because the linked one has got HD4000 which comes on the CPU I also have the same on my i7 CPU but it also says it has a Dedicated AMD chip,

The Ram size is normally a option at purchase on a lot of laptops so I can see why that would/could be different to the linked HP support page.

To clear up exactly what you do have could you look at  "device manager" in settings and then expand the "Display adapters" you will see the intel 4000 and possibly a 2nd thing listed under it if there is a 2nd device please tell us what it is.

As far as RAM goes 2 x 4gig DDR3 should fit fine and are inexpensive and will be enough to play the game.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah, it shows two graphics properties options when I right click on the desktop. One of them shows AMD catalyst or something and the other is Intel. Also, are all DDR3 RAMs the same size?

• MechanicMammal likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 3 weeks ago.

MechanicMammal,

lol, he did noticed, you are the one that dont understand,  intel HD "graphics" it's YOUR CPU, not the graphics card. with just that you probably cant play it even on the lowest settings.

AMD is your dedicated GPU and with 1GB you already meet the minimum requirements. :^: if you had mentioned that, someone would say that Yes, you can run the game, but being the minimum requiered it wont be that mutch good, maybe on low or medium

• MechanicMammal likes this

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by MechanicMammal, 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, it shows two graphics properties options when I right click on the desktop. One of them shows AMD catalyst or something and the other is Intel. Also, are all DDR3 RAMs the same size?

Good you have a dedicated GPU, I expect after a RAM upgrade it will possibly play at Last gen PS3, Xbox360 sort of levels of performance, I would In your position consult a local shop/expert when it comes to adding more RAM and get them to install it.

If you have 4GB already then you should be able to play, but more RAM definitely will make the experience better.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Alright, I'll get the guys from hp service centre to install the ram and maybe even win10. Last question: What is the total size of updates that needs to be downloaded? My internet connection gives about 2 mbps till 6 fb and then drops to 1. How long will it take to download?

TWIST_OF_HATE
  • TWIST_OF_HATE

Street Cat

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by TWIST_OF_HATE, 2 weeks ago.

I'm HAPPY !

So, my specs:

ASUS P5K

Intel Core2Quad Q8400 @3.2 Ghz

AMD Radeon HD7770 2gb

6gb DDR2 1066mhz RAM

Windows 7 SP1 x64

1280*1024 screen

Today I installed V, set the high-very high settings, just without stuff like MSAA and stuff from advanced graphics settings. Run it, complete a couple of missions and MY GOD, the lowest fps I see in FRAPS is 29 !!! When walking on foot I already have like 45+ fps, in heavy situations sometimes have drops to 30, but I satisfied with that. Outside the city, in country area I have 50 fps all the time !

AND GRAPHICS IS ABSOLUTELY STUNNING !

P.S. Sorry for my bad English. Just happy ))

P.S.2. Great optimization, IV is a piece of sh**t in comparison with V in optimization terms.

V just needs videocard with 2gb of vram, and that is it.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can anyone tell me what is the total size of updates to be downloaded? I posted the same question in this forum a week ago and still there have been no replies.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★☆★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

^^probably bcuz there were already so many updates that no one keeps track of that

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago Edited by B7R, A week ago.

Okay so now that I've upped my "GPU" to something more modern but not the latest, would anyone be able to tell me if possible if my PC can handle GTAV? 

I'm looking at playing GTAV in 1920x1080 Res if possible. If I can get a Stable 30 FPS then I'm happy but it'll be a big bonus if I can reach 60FPS. Another site told me I can reach Medium or High with this game with my Specs but I want to hear what you guys think. 

My Specs

• Geforce Asus PH 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 - Graphics CardAs far as I'm aware of my GPU wasn't Overclocked when I purchased it from our Craiglist Clone in Australia. 
  • 8GB DDR3 - Ram (Made up of x2 4GB sticks) 
  • 6 Core  AMD Phenom ll X6 1100t Processor @ 3.30 GHz - Processor (Don't know if this can be overclocked but from what I read it's not possible on this CPU) 
  • Windows 10 Home 64 Bit. 

EvoBeardy
  • EvoBeardy

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by EvoBeardy, A week ago.

I'm looking at playing GTAV in 1920x1080 Res if possible. If I can get a Stable 30 FPS then I'm happy but it'll be a big bonus if I can reach 60FPS. Another site told me I can reach Medium or High with this game with my Specs but I want to hear what you guys think. 

Playable? Most definitely. 1080p/30FPS is 100% doable, I imagine 60FPS is also attainable, it's just a matter of settings.
My daughter had a GTX 460 and a G3258 at first, she was playing GTAV on medium settings @1080p (though of course it wasn't 100% smooth due to the dual core), she went up to a 4790k with the 460 and still very playable on medium, unsure if she cranked it up. Then I plonked in a 780 (will get her something else this year).
For a better comparison, I used to run it on a GTX 570 (not overly indifferent from yours with an OC) with an X6 like yours at 3.8Ghz, and it was very playable on high (can't recall my exact settings, but I know I had distance on max, shadows on medium-high, texture and water maxed and grass on medium @1080p and got 40+FPS).
Just play around with your visual settings to refine performance/graphical ratio to your liking.
Turning down grass, shadows and distance scaling will help immensely, and keep MSAA on 2x-4x. Textures etc can all be cranked to high+, and use the in-game benchmark along with an FPS overlay (I use FRAPS, but MSI Afterburner/EVGA Precision's one is free) and go through trial and error until you find what you're after.

I'm currently on a single 980Ti with a 5820k, both overclocked and with everything set to the max (except the AA's), I still hit 30's when over grassy areas 'cos I have it maxed. I love that foliage man.
It's very friendly for low end systems, once you turn down grass etc though, so you shouldn't worry at all.

Geforce Asus PH 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 - Graphics Card
As far as I'm aware of my GPU wasn't Overclocked when I purchased it from our Craiglist Clone in Australia.

Although it might not be the latest and greatest, that GPU overclocks like a champ due to having Maxwell (900 series) architecture.

6 Core  AMD Phenom ll X6 1100t Processor @ 3.30 GHz - Processor (Don't know if this can be overclocked but from what I read it's not possible on this CPU)

Do you mean it's not possible with your motherboard? Because that CPU is most certainly overclockable.
I wouldn't until we know what motherboard and PSU you have though.
If your motherboard VRMs are weak and worst case scenario cheap and weak, they won't hold out under the Thuban being overclocked, so let's see what you have before jumping aboard that ship.
On a good, solid motherboard and decent cooling though, that CPU can easily hit 3.8-4.2GHz core and a healthy 2.8Ghz+ CPU-NB.

Hope that helps any.

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

Your father's your brother

• Members
  • Wales

Posted A week ago Edited by Ribsey, A week ago.

Okay so now that I've upped my "GPU" to something more modern but not the latest, would anyone be able to tell me if possible if my PC can handle GTAV? 

My Specs

• Geforce Asus PH 750Ti 2GB GDDR5 - Graphics CardAs far as I'm aware of my GPU wasn't Overclocked when I purchased it from our Craiglist Clone in Australia. 
  • 6 Core  AMD Phenom ll X6 1100t Processor @ 3.30 GHz - Processor (Don't know if this can be overclocked but from what I read it's not possible on this CPU) 

Had the exact same CPU on my old computer and I can tell you it will run. Make sure your cooling is up to par as the CPU is going to be running 70% + at almost all times. The 750ti should be fine, my 550ti was...well it was okay for GTA V at its lowest anyway. 

Anybody wondering about their integrated graphics should be made aware even Broadwell (5th gen Intel processors from 2014) struggle to run modern games. People with these CPUs have graphics cards to stand up to the demanding games.

Skylake, 6th gen from 2015-16 and their integrated graphics chips, the Intel HD 530 just about runs the game. Hope this clears any questions people have about their own integrated chips.

Arrow
  • Arrow

Homie

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted A week ago

My Specs

I used to have AMD Phenom ll X6 on my old build. I can tell you, it handles the game really well. It's a decent processor. 750ti is a nice choice as well. Get a decent cooler and you should be fine. I personally used GTX 760 and played on Medium Settings. I had some FPS issues on Windows 10 though. It was because of the resource management on the OS itself. AMD processors are not the best for overclocking. Most are not even supported. I've been suggested to use i5 and i7s for oc'ing purposes.

StifMeisterr
  • StifMeisterr

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago

hey guys i have 

AMD A8- 7600

8GB Ram

and integrated AMD R7

Can i run it? and if i can on what settings i can run it thanks guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users