Non-Contact Missions Guide

111 replies to this topic
Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:14 PM

I tried to do Potshot from freeroam a week or so ago and I definitely went to the right location in the correct time frame but it wasn't there for me either.  Luckily I had a playlist for it anyway so was still able to play it but I was a bit disappointed as I normally do some of the other missions like Coasting and Coveted from the voting screen afterwards.  

Right, I will do a thorough check on this over the next few hours and update if there has been any changes.

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:36 PM

In an update on this I tried again today to do Potshot and Crystal Clear Out 2 but neither appeared for me on the map.  I went to the correct locations at the correct times but nothing.  I was a VIP at the time so perhaps that blocked them somehow but I wouldn't have thought that would have any bearing on them showing up.  Looks like they may have been removed from the game :(  

• unc13bud likes this

kringled
  • kringled

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:52 AM

Just played both in the last half hour (PC). I don't know about the effects of VIP on them though. I can't directly test any other platform but it would be unusual to have them not be available on all 3 platforms.
  • unc13bud likes this

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

Just played both in the last half hour (PC). I don't know about the effects of VIP on them though. I can't directly test any other platform but it would be unusual to have them not be available on all 3 platforms.

Hopefully they are still all in the game then.  Weird that they didn't show up for me on PS4.  I do pretty much always play invite only while in freemode so maybe that effected it somehow but I've never had a problem with them showing up for me in invite only sessions before so probably not.  

• unc13bud likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2015 - 10:10 AM

Okay, I've managed to finish checking all of these missions in game myself now and can report they all still

seem present as per my times at the top of the guide so not sure why they are not appearing for some.

I also checked while working as VIP/Bodyguard and again all 8 map marker icons appeared on the map

as normal.

• unc13bud likes this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:51 AM

I am still able to access the bookmark I have for CCO3 from the map at any time of day (which carried over when I transferred from 360). Doing the same process again (i.e. bookmarking while in a playlist) though doesn't seem to work on the One though, as I've tried it for Potshot and Coveted within playlists that include those two.

• unc13bud likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

I can't find any of these job coronas at the time's they're shown.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:16 AM

I can't find any of these job coronas at the time's they're shown.

Second report I have had of this so I need to gather some more information fellow forum members!

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I spent a great deal of time checking this over the Xmas holiday even recording videos of all the Non Contact Missions which I will be uploading this weekend

but it seems that Rockstar have changed something about them following Executives and Other Criminals update so I need to find out what.

My suspicion is that they have removed the corona's from the world map to new players who have not done these missions before but left them in to anyone

who has played/bookmarked them previously which would explain why I am able to still see them as normal.

So any new info please post to the topic, I will be doing some more checking myself this weekend.

Thank you in advance!

• unc13bud likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 08 January 2016 - 01:24 PM

Just a thought, if you haven't got the corona have you made sure you're showing *everything* on your map? As they're not quite normal contact missions they may be hidden by one of the other categories.

• unc13bud and Tails Prower like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

Gridl0k you are a genius! That could be the exact reason.

I know for a fact that Non Contact Missions comes under the mission option in Hide section of the Interaction Menu.

• unc13bud likes this

MrWabeet
  • MrWabeet

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

When I transfer my character from ps3 to xb1 I still have coveted pot. And cc3 on my favorite... After low rider I lost this bookmarks. I try to go on the coveted spot on the right (ingame) time but not show the spot to me anymore :(
I gonna try the other missions later
  • unc13bud likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

When I transfer my character from ps3 to xb1 I still have coveted pot. And cc3 on my favorite... After low rider I lost this bookmarks. I try to go on the coveted spot on the right (ingame) time but not show the spot to me anymore :(

Please check Interaction Menu and your Show/Hide Options.

Make sure you have Missions set to show and please report if the missions appear, I sense this may be the source problem and will

update the opening guide soon once I have confirmation.

• unc13bud likes this

MrWabeet
  • MrWabeet

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:45 PM

Make sure you have Missions set to show and please report if the missions appear, I sense this may be the source problem and will

I gonna try later.. I give you feedback results...

I know the missions still there because after that I run a random mission (from menu.. Not from phone) and I enter on coveted and after finish I can see all the noncontact missions on the vote screen
  • unc13bud and Tails Prower like this

Arkseven
  • Arkseven

If doubt, Flat Out!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:18 AM

We cant make playlists of them anymore, right?

MrWabeet
  • MrWabeet

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 January 2016 - 02:55 AM

I can confirm now this fix work... My bookmark missions are back and I can also open others noncontact missions (that I don't have bookmarked)

Thx guys
  • unc13bud likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 January 2016 - 01:33 PM

We cant make playlists of them anymore, right?

Correct!

I can confirm now this fix work... My bookmark missions are back and I can also open others noncontact missions (that I don't have bookmarked)

Thx guys

I am about to update OP but glad this sorted the problem for you!

• unc13bud likes this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

I've still got a few playlists that I bookmarked with these missions in from ages ago, and i tried them last night they still work.

You can probably find them with a google search - one of them is named "Coveted 5x Mission" and another is named something like "CCO2COASTINGCCO3POTSHOTCOVETED"

I also have a 16x Coveted playlist !

The playlists work as normal, the only bad thing if you fail a mission you have to go straight to the next, but these don't take too long anyway.

I'm always looking for more mission playlists that may exist out there so let me know if you find any please ! I will link the ones I have here if I can find them, if anyone shows interest

• unc13bud likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2016 - 02:52 PM

The main purpose of the guide though was to tell people how to find/play them individually but it's a sensible idea as those playlists come in handy

when on the quest for more in game cash! So feel free to add the links.

• unc13bud likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 20 January 2016 - 03:00 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 20 January 2016 - 03:02 PM.

I've still got a few playlists that I bookmarked with these missions in from ages ago, and i tried them last night they still work.

You can probably find them with a google search - one of them is named "Coveted 5x Mission" and another is named something like "CCO2COASTINGCCO3POTSHOTCOVETED"

I also have a 16x Coveted playlist !

The playlists work as normal, the only bad thing if you fail a mission you have to go straight to the next, but these don't take too long anyway.

I'm always looking for more mission playlists that may exist out there so let me know if you find any please ! I will link the ones I have here if I can find them, if anyone shows interest

Social Club > GTAV > GTA Online tab > Playlists

It should be sorted by 'plays', keep scrolling down and you'll see plenty of Mission playlists you can add to game.

ETA

XB1 http://socialclub.ro...xone/playlists/

PS4 http://socialclub.ro.../ps4/playlists/

PS3 http://socialclub.ro.../ps3/playlists/

360 http://socialclub.ro...xbox/playlists/

PC http://socialclub.ro...v/pc/playlists/

• unc13bud likes this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2016 - 11:51 AM Edited by Pressure Drop, 21 January 2016 - 11:52 AM.

Yes, what Gridl0k said.

What I actually did (and I just had a quick look for some more) was go to the social club playlists page, as listed in the post above and then use the text search box.

I searched "Potshot" "Crystal" "Coveted" "Dirt Road" "Factory closure" and a few other terms, and found a lot of new ones i've added now too!

Remember, if it says there is only 1 job in the playlist, this only means that there is 1 mission inside, but doesn't tell you how many times it's repeated, so it could be 16... so check them manually if you want for example, 3 potshots in a row or whatever.

Here's a few good ones I found: (These are on XBOX ONE, I'm unsure if they are on other platforms but have a look)

http://socialclub.ro...AX02PkhTH90uMhw- CCO3, Coveted, Potshot, Factory Closure, Coasting. Found by searching "Contact missions" - bit of variety in this one which is good.

http://socialclub.ro...dZEqVo4AOtzDS6w- Coveted x5

http://socialclub.ro...sF0qjwyHGuvQpsA- Dirt Road x5 - I've never actually done or heard of this mission so I'm looking forward to trying it !

http://socialclub.ro...HpkiacqmWwGZjuQ- Coveted, Coasting, CCO2, CCO3, Dirt Road, Coveted, Coasting, CCO2, CCO3, Dirt Road - found by searching "missions"

there are usually a lot of coveted x16 ones to sift through, they don't really interest me as the chances of getting people to join a 16 job playlist is slim, and then you can't extend the timer between jobs in a playlist if someone leaves, so you end up on your own and have to quit out !

• unc13bud and Gridl0k like this

The Retaliator
  • The Retaliator

Try me and you'll soon regret it.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:13 PM

On ps3 its different.

That's not true because I have all 8 bookmarked on my map as a yellow star. I can start any one of them anytime I want.   Truck Together is removed totally.

I used playlists to find them and during the playlist after each completion of the mission I would bookmark it. As long as I played the mission with another player and did not solo it the bookmark would save and would appear after rebooting GTAO.

Put your psn tag in here I'll send you an invite to the mission of your choice, not a playlist.  PS3

• Tails Prower likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:20 PM

On ps3 its different.

That's not true because I have all 8 bookmarked on my map as a yellow star. I can start any one of them anytime I want.   Truck Together is removed totally.

I used playlists to find them and during the playlist after each completion of the mission I would bookmark it. As long as I played the mission with another player and did not solo it the bookmark would save and would appear after rebooting GTAO.

Put your psn tag in here I'll send you an invite to the mission of your choice, not a playlist.  PS3

Thanks for sharing, I guess the system actual still works on Ps3, just it's a broken mess on the current crop of consoles/PC.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

^ I'll test bookmarking with other players on XB1 later.

Thebestworld
  • Thebestworld

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Armenia

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

A really nice guide!

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

Bookmarking missions does not work on XB1 FYI

• Tails Prower likes this

XI_BLAZE_XI
  • XI_BLAZE_XI

Save The BENZ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 June 2016 - 01:00 PM

What ever happend to Chemical Extraction? Have fond memories of that mission and wish it's return. Surely it doesn't clash with the Humane Labs heist?

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:40 AM

^ That's about the best theory really, AFAIK there was no bug.

xmx900
  • xmx900

Xbl: xmx900

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:57 AM

I think I have a playlist for all of these non-contact missions except for truck together.

• Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

Do share.

Truck Together is removed.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

I think I have a playlist for all of these non-contact missions except for truck together.

I wish I had kept my original PS4 playlist of all the missions, my biggest regret ever in game.

If someone does have a full playlist for PS4 please share!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users