• United-States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:23 AM

Great info! Thanks!

jazzbone
  • jazzbone

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

All of this jumping through hoops to play the contact mission we want to play and when we want to play it would not be needed if R* would allow contact missions in playlists. Contact playlists could be 6 max instead of 16 and most would still be happy.
  • robban likes this

wehweh01
  • wehweh01

Crates 4 Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

Considering I do missions almost everyday I've NEVER seen "Truck Together." I have seen "Truck Off" a lot though. That's probably what he saw.

TheGame1083
  • TheGame1083

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:02 PM Edited by TheGame1083, 04 June 2017 - 05:30 PM.

ignore post

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Orbital Cannon Target

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

I'm slowly going through the missions getting the green checks next to them, I only need 4 more

3 of those 4 are currently unavailable to everyone through bugs or whatnot - the only one that you could play is Truck Together, which you can launch from the corona:

http://gta.wikia.com/Truck_Together

TheGame1083
  • TheGame1083

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:58 PM Edited by TheGame1083, 04 June 2017 - 05:31 PM.

ignore post

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Orbital Cannon Target

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:02 AM

^ It might be between certain times only. 

TheGame1083
  • TheGame1083

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:02 PM Edited by ~Tiger~, 13 April 2017 - 01:50 PM.

This guide

just to be exact, tails you gotta edit your OP..for Close Action info, it's 4 players total not 3 CHEERS!!

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

I have made the edit! Good spot!

Hopefully we may not need to use the Corona's following the heist update tomorroiw as these missions may return to the jobs

menu, if that is the case I will leave the guide up but update to say the issue has been resolved.

TheGame1083
  • TheGame1083

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:16 PM Edited by TheGame1083, 12 March 2015 - 04:24 PM.

Hopefully we may not need to use the Corona's following the heist update tomorroiw as these missions may return to the jobs
menu, if that is the case I will leave the guide up but update to say the issue has been resolved.

I have checked the missions list and there are still not there, one thing I did notice though was I had Chopper Tail & Effin' Lazers in my list, still don't know about Chemical Extraction

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

I have checked the missions list and there are still not there, one thing I did notice though was I had Chopper Tail in my list, still don't know about Chemical Extraction or Effin' Lasers

Yeah you will still all have to use the corona's to play these missions but with the new voting screen showing mission choices

on the first page (if you've played) one you are more likely to get a shot at these.

Chopper Tail, Effin Lazers are both back in game, forgot to check for Chemical Extraction.

I believe American Exports and another mission were mentioned elsewhere as removed though?

dwestos
  • dwestos

Prankster

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:47 PM

I see truck together come up quite a bit in voting. No one ever tries it though because it's 2-8 players and everyone thinks it is actually a vs mission.

Chopper tail was removed with Effin Lazers. It should come back next patch hopefully.

I Played Chopper Tail today, Trevor called me and offered me this job. On PS4, around 6am ingame. Now its in the list.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

I see truck together come up quite a bit in voting. No one ever tries it though because it's 2-8 players and everyone thinks it is actually a vs mission.

Chopper tail was removed with Effin Lazers. It should come back next patch hopefully.

I Played Chopper Tail today, Trevor called me and offered me this job. On PS4, around 6am ingame. Now its in the list.

Thanks, yes they repaired Chopper Tail and Effin Lazers with The Heists Update.

Missions removed at present though are American Exporrts and Docks to Stock II, not quite sure what was broken in them.

• Soran Is On likes this

Quebra Regra
  • Quebra Regra

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:29 AM Edited by Quebra Regra, 01 April 2015 - 02:43 AM.

Help!  Help!

Please tell me there's a corona start for CHOPPER TAIL?  Can anyone post a start location/time?  I got Efin Lazers but no lick with Chopper Tail.

It's killing me, I never get a call for this one.  Thanx.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:20 PM

Help!  Help!

Please tell me there's a corona start for CHOPPER TAIL?  Can anyone post a start location/time?  I got Efin Lazers but no lick with Chopper Tail.

It's killing me, I never get a call for this one.  Thanx.

Sadly there is not one for Chopper Tail. I am not online at the moment (work) but if you can't get anyone to

invite you to Chopper Tail I'd be happy to send you an invite but I won't be online until tomorrow.

Quebra Regra
  • Quebra Regra

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

Thanks for the information.  Ah, so it's only triggered by the call, and there's no corona start point... :(

I guess I need to try and determine why the call is not occuring... on other forums some have suggested lurking around SANDY SHORES in FREEROAM to trigger the call (it could be that I spend too much time mission jumping, and downtown in freemode).  I'll try to investigate this.

An invite is always appreciated of course.  XBOX360  GT:  Quebra Regra

Thanks again.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:56 PM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 01 April 2015 - 04:57 PM.

Unfortunately I don't have an Xbox360 :cry:

Only Ps3 and Ps4 in my house. I assume you're the required level for Chopper Tail and completed it before?

If not then follow your suggestions and lurk around Sandy Shores as you may get the call to do the job, failing that

if you are in missions with others and complete one check the jobs voting screen at the end Chopper Tails has come

up quite a few times on that for me or try your luck with Random Job it might pick Chopper Tail.

An update at the moment but the current missions removed seem to be

American Exports

Docks to Stocks II

Pickup Sticks

Truck Together.

I am including Truck Together because I have not seen it at all on voting screens so if anyone knows otherwise

please let me know and if any other missions have been removed that I've missed.

• Quebra Regra likes this

MrMunchs
  • MrMunchs

Thug

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:44 PM

I don't know if these missions are still available on next gen through playlist, but I have them all at 360.
I love play them for chilling, but thanks for the info.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:38 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 06 April 2015 - 03:40 PM.

Yah I'm back to cranking out chopper tail like a boss. I think I know why I enjoyed it so much. I treat it as a mini hiest where the team is completing different aspect of the mission. I call for a cargobob and and deliver the SUV while the rest of my team defends the meth house.

If I'm soloing it, I'll cargobob the SUV to Trevors then double back and parachute out of the cargobob, call for a savage while still in the air, land and get my savage. Blow the high holy hell out of the cops at the meth house and fly back to Trevors for the short parking job with the SUV.

Absolute favorite mission.

• Tails Prower and MikeDeKay2695 like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:47 PM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 02 June 2015 - 02:48 PM.

Given we have an update coming next week I will be posting an update on this topic if there

is any change with Non Contact Missions and will also report if any missions are removed/

returned to the game.

I expect Chopper Tail may be removed again as the old bug of Follow The Chopper has

happened a few times for me, in case you've not experienced it this is where you go to

the mission location and start sniping the enemies before the chopper has landed or you

kill the pilot before he lands it.

The game continues but you cannot complete the mission or deliver the equipment

because it hasn't registered the chopper landing at the site.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Orbital Cannon Target

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:05 AM

^ No Hay Bronca & Trash Talk (and one I forget?) might also be pulled, as the old "mission failed because you blew up the crew boss with an aircraft" bug just seems to keep on coming back.

size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:19 AM Edited by size_m, 29 September 2015 - 10:20 AM.

a lot of people still don't know the difference between the usual contact missions and these non contact missions.

during the last days when the mission list bug appeared (where alot of missions were missing from th job list) several threads about this bug have been started.

in almost every of these threads someone mentioned that coveted or cco2+3 etc. were missing from their job list in the start menu.

i had to refer to this thread pretty often.

but there are always more people who don't know this and ask the same questions.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

Yes that's true, hence why I made this guide to point out the non contact missions to everyone and how

to play them.

I have not actually had a look to see which missions I am missing but on the PS3 I seem to be missing most of Lamar and Trevor's

missions which will take me a while to get back I guess.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:42 AM

An interesting point to note regarding these missions is that you CAN still bookmark them after playing them as part of a playlist, though not after loading just one mission on its own. This won't add them to your bookmarks bar under Jobs, but it will highlight the job corona on the map and keep it there the entire time while in free roam.

For instance, Crystal Clearout III shows up as a yellow star on my free roam map all the time, so I can launch it whenever I want by going to the mission aura in Sandy Shores. This happened after I hit the bookmark option when playing it as part of an all CCO3 playlist, so presumably it works for other missions too. Of course, to get this to work you first need to track down a mission playlist to bookmark which is still valid, and thus getting this to work on the newer versions of the game means transferring your profile after you've bookmarked said playlists/missions.

I've also noticed that if you load up any of these non-contact missions, the voting screen afterwards always seems to show other non-contact missions. Running CCO3 for instance will afterwards always give me the option to play Crystal Clearout II, Coasting, Factory Closure, Coveted, and Dirt Road, which gives an alternative guaranteed way to play other non-contact missions (especially useful since CCO3 is so common in mission playlists and quite easy to do).

Still, I think it's silly that we have to jump through so many hoops just to play these missions when we want.

• bulldog385 and DentureDynamite like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:04 PM

That's some interesting info, I will do some testing on that and see what happens my end.

I was aware of the bookmarks option for Missions etc but it does not seem to do anything much and certainly does not

show those jobs on the map for me at all aside from my original method of playing them at the top of the guide.

It certainly only seems to work with these non contact missions as I have bookmarked missions before and they do not

show on the map at all.

Makes me wonder if the update was supposed to allow us to bookmark missions from playlists for quick access from

the map but was never fully finished.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

I've also noticed that when I view icon for the bookmark I have for CCO3 on my map, I can also still launch it directly from the map. Now that I have internet again, I will see if I can bookmark other non-contact missions like this too (since I have potshot and coveted playlists still sitting around too). I bookmarked it on 360 and had it carry over to XB1, so I'll have to see whether I can still bookmark from a playlist on the One now.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

I've also noticed that when I view icon for the bookmark I have for CCO3 on my map, I can also still launch it directly from the map. Now that I have internet again, I will see if I can bookmark other non-contact missions like this too (since I have potshot and coveted playlists still sitting around too). I bookmarked it on 360 and had it carry over to XB1, so I'll have to see whether I can still bookmark from a playlist on the One now.

I don't think it's possible now, I tried to follow your post but it ended up not registering the bookmark on the map for me, let me know if

you have any success.

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

No sign of Potshot or Coasting within the times in this thread; have they changed them?

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:54 PM

No sign of Potshot or Coasting within the times in this thread; have they changed them?

I'll check that out for you tonight and report in later and update OP if required.

PondNewt
  • PondNewt

Thug

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:12 PM

I tried to do Potshot from freeroam a week or so ago and I definitely went to the right location in the correct time frame but it wasn't there for me either.  Luckily I had a playlist for it anyway so was still able to play it but I was a bit disappointed as I normally do some of the other missions like Coasting and Coveted from the voting screen afterwards.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users