Photo

Non-Contact Missions Guide

111 replies to this topic
Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:22 PM Edited by tails_prower_2040, 11 January 2016 - 01:39 PM.

This guide is for anyone who has played GTA Online Non Contact Missions and also for those of you

who may not have played them at all or been aware of their existence in the game.

Originally you played these missions by accessing Jobs - Missions and the 9 would be listed

but since update 1.17 (I think?) they have been removed from the jobs menu and are no longer

listed.

However it is still possible to play them and this guide will explain how you start these missions now.

*IMPORTANT*

Since Lowriders Update it is necessary to add some new info to ensure these missions appear on the map:

These missions will only show on the map if you have them enabled in the Hide section of the Interaction Menu.

So open Interaction Menu > Hide Menu and select Custom then go down to Missions and click Show and they will be on the

map along with the Versus Missions.

To summarize the 9 Non Contact Missions are:

Close Action

Coasting

Coveted

Crystal Clear Out II

Crystal Clear Out III

Dirt Road

Factory Closure

Potshot

Truck Together

Now onto the guide!

Close Action

No of Players: 4

Level: 35

Available: 12:00 (Noon) to 20:00

3q1RCji.jpg

YRtpA36.jpg

Coasting

No of Players: 1-4

Level: 25

Available: 20:00 to 06:00

udygwWz.jpg

2yrALfc.jpg

Coveted

No of Players; 1-4

Level: 36

Available: 00:00 (Midnight) to 08:00

1UtMh0j.jpg

vT8Rk3O.jpg

Crystal Clear Out II

Level: 16

Available: 15:00 to 23:00

ztxbYp3.jpg

YNMXJO0.jpg

Crystal Clear Out III

Level: 40

Available: 07:00 to 15:00

KCmvyUY.jpg

v4PfJfa.jpg

Dirt Road

No of Players: 1-2

Level: 19

Available: 14:00 to 22:00

DNGGyXi.jpg

95YG9Si.jpg

Factory Closure:

No of Players: 3-4

Level: 18

Available: 07:00 to 17:00

613wUO6.jpg

95fFVyv.jpg

Potshot:

Level: 25

Available: 04:00 to 12:00

YjfzP2z.jpg

PxlBuV8.jpg

Appreciate that was a long read but I hope its useful for those of you who still want to play these missions but now to answer a

few questions:

These missions CANNOT be bookmarked or make playlists of them any longer. They will show as grey dead links in your

recent jobs played list.

After completion they will randomly appear from time to time on the voting screen after completing a mission allowing you another

way to play them.

Lastly you will note that there is only 8 missions listed here, the last is called Truck Together and was a Level 23 mission for

4-8 players and listed as Grand Senora Desert for the location but I have checked this area and cannot locate a blue mission

cone for this mission so I believe this one was taken out of the game completely but if anyone knows otherwise please

inform me so I can add it to this guide..

*REMINDER*

These missions will only show on the map if you have them enabled in the Hide section of the Interaction Menu.

So open Interaction Menu > Hide Menu and select Custom then go down to Missions and click Show and they will be on the

map along with the Versus Missions.

• Lc gta, DJS, Dan Dark and 42 others like this

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:37 AM

Interesting....why were they changed? What did i miss?

KoBo_043
  • KoBo_043

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

Didn't know this. Definitely gonna try and find 'm. Thnx!

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:47 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 21 January 2015 - 05:54 PM.

still cant bookmark or playlist. damn you rockstar.

Havent played factory closure or close action in forever, gonna try it again tonight.

Something about these missions make me think they were the first R* ever created and thus why their special. They hadn't created contacts yet but had started making missions with map markers.

• PandaLambpaws likes this

fiebru787
  • fiebru787

Soldier

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:05 PM

Do you know if chopper trail still avalible?

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:26 PM

I see truck together come up quite a bit in voting. No one ever tries it though because it's 2-8 players and everyone thinks it is actually a vs mission.

Chopper tail was removed with Effin Lazers. It should come back next patch hopefully.

MrTroubleMaker
  • MrTroubleMaker

Vice City

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:44 PM

Thanks! this help out a lot :)

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

I see truck together come up quite a bit in voting. No one ever tries it though because it's 2-8 players and everyone thinks it is actually a vs mission.

Chopper tail was removed with Effin Lazers. It should come back next patch hopefully.

Glad this is helping!

@stonedpimpso, the next time you have Truck Together come up on the voting screen can you let me know what

you had played previously?

This sounds as though its still in the game but does not have a map marker like the other missions.

• Soran Is On likes this

zkroll
  • zkroll

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

Completely forgot about a lot of these.

Cheers.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:18 AM

Just a quick update from the other Jobs Guide and Crystal Clear Out III topic but it appears from the

info received so far Truck Together has been removed altogether from the game since update 1.15

yet R* seem to think it can be accessed from the job corona since at least 1.17 Update.

If it is returned to the game I will update this guide with the  information on how to play this mission.

• Soran Is On likes this

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

UK Dark Knights Crew Commissioner

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

I don't remember ever seeing it on the voting screen, by as stonedpimpso say - people wouldn't vote for it as it looks like a Vs. mission.

I was playing a few missions with crew friends last night and Weed Killer came up, this guy asked what that was so I said it's a Vs. mission and we ended up doing a race or quitting to free-roam  :lol:

The voting screen seems to have maybe one contact (or non-contact) mission on the first 2 screens, there is rarely a mission on the 3rd.

I think R* should change it so there are more missions and fewer parachuting jobs as nobody ever votes for them (unless it is on the 3rd screen so we can do a quick one and get another round of jobs from the next lot of voting screens.

I will keep an eye out for Truck Together and will send you an invite if you are online if it comes up  :santa:

• Jobbo and Tails Prower like this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:01 PM

I think it depends on what you play as I often get missions coming up on all three voting screens but very rare

there is one that I want to play.

I always have to explain those vs missions and usually they are avoided.

Actually find the parachuting quite theraputic so will always go for one of those if the vote swings that way but personally I'd

like to see fewer death matches/captures on the voting screen for again same reasons as they could replace those with

missions as only ever get the votes for those if in a group of DM/Capture players.

Will keep an eye in case an invite comes up from you for Truck Together.

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:08 AM Edited by stonedpimpso, 24 January 2015 - 03:10 AM.

Just want to give a thumbs up prower for this, I got to play Factory Closure yesterday. That mission requires 3 people because it has 3 teams/roles to play.

I really think this plays into my theory that these were the first missions ever created. Especially since they experimented with roles in this mission specifically. I know others like parking garage have 2 teams but factory closure is really cool because it goes so far as to place the two snipers with their own location markers.

Really makes me anxious for hists...

*and I'll keep a look out for truck together. 

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

I'm pretty positive that I saw Truck Together in the voting screen a few days ago....I will try to see if I can confirm it still exists.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:46 PM

Does *anyone* have a playlist with all of these missions in? Really bugs me that I never created one when I had the chance, I just did some playing around with Coveted that R* broke when they stopped Pegasus vehicles spawning where you left them and built some Potshot and CCO3 grind lists. 

Does anyone have a playlist with anything other than CCO3, Potshot and Coveted in, for that matter?

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:10 PM

No there appears to be nothing that was created except for these particular missions.

This was the most recently compiled list:

http://gtaforums.com...ed-active-ones/

• Gridl0k likes this

EKGene
  • EKGene

Invite Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Wondering if the Non Contact missions were removed because of their abysmal user ratings.  Also, players grinding certain ones ad nauseam probably didn't help their cause.

Oh, and I had Truck Together show up on the voting screen yesterday after completing the missions, Holed Up - Burton and Lost My Mind with one other player.

• Tails Prower likes this

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:16 PM

Wondering if the Non Contact missions were removed because of their abysmal user ratings.  Also, players grinding certain ones ad nauseam probably didn't help their cause.

Oh, and I had Truck Together show up on the voting screen yesterday after completing the missions, Holed Up - Burton and Lost My Mind with one other player.

Thank you! Any info of this sort is helpful.

EKGene
  • EKGene

Invite Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:07 PM Edited by EKGene, 26 January 2015 - 09:18 PM.

You're welcome.

And, just had Truck Together listed on the voting screen again after completing Pier Pressure with one other player.  This leads me to believe the following:

This likelihood of this particular mission showing up increases when there is at least one other player available to vote.

Also, in a previous post, I mentioned how I saw Truck Together after playing Lost My Mind and Holed Up - Burton with one other player, but what occurred to me, after it showed up most recently after playing Pier Pressure, was the time of day in GTAO.  Exiting to Freemode after each instance, it was early to mid afternoon on the game servers.  I'm thinking that this may have had an effect on Truck Together showing up on the vote screen.

So, maybe, number of players and time of day will affect probabilities of certain jobs showing up on the vote screen.  I mean, it makes sense.

Incidentally, the current rating for Truck Together was listed it at 78%.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

On the road to 601

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

You can't LIKE or UNLIKE these missions so the ratings are irrelevant, they shouldn't even exist tbh.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

You're welcome.

And, just had Truck Together listed on the voting screen again after completing Pier Pressure with one other player.  This leads me to believe the following:

This likelihood of this particular mission showing up increases when there is at least one other player available to vote.

Also, in a previous post, I mentioned how I saw Truck Together after playing Lost My Mind and Holed Up - Burton with one other player, but what occurred to me, after it showed up most recently after playing Pier Pressure, was the time of day in GTAO.  Exiting to Freemode after each instance, it was early to mid afternoon on the game servers.  I'm thinking that this may have had an effect on Truck Together showing up on the vote screen.

So, maybe, number of players and time of day will affect probabilities of certain jobs showing up on the vote screen.  I mean, it makes sense.

Time of day does not affect the voting screen as far as I know, nor does being single or with other players as I have had missions come up

which require 2 or more players when playing Solo.

Yesterdays playing online I had several of these missions come up but interestingly they were always on the last voting screen as played

Dirt Road, Coveted, Crystal Clear Out III.

I think its definetly the case Truck Together does not have a corona which is why we only see it on the Voting Screen.

EKGene
  • EKGene

Invite Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:17 PM Edited by EKGene, 27 January 2015 - 01:41 PM.

You're welcome.

Time of day does not affect the voting screen as far as I know, nor does being single or with other players as I have had missions come up

which require 2 or more players when playing Solo.

Yesterdays playing online I had several of these missions come up but interestingly they were always on the last voting screen as played

Dirt Road, Coveted, Crystal Clear Out III.

I think its definetly the case Truck Together does not have a corona which is why we only see it on the Voting Screen.

Yeah, you are right about the job listings on vote screens.  It just seemed that for Truck Together specifically, I only noticed it those three times on the vote screens when the game servers were mid afternoon and I had just played a mission with another player.

Oh, and that rating for Truck Together I posted previously was incorrect.  My bad.

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:40 PM Edited by hercules1975, 27 January 2015 - 06:42 PM.

Truck Together came up on the voting screen the night before last, I was playing with some randoms.

I was about to go to bed as it was about 1.30 AM, so I didn't suggest we play it.

But it is still there, just hidden somewhere in the voting screen selections :santa:

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:07 AM

Truck Together came up on the voting screen the night before last, I was playing with some randoms.

I was about to go to bed as it was about 1.30 AM, so I didn't suggest we play it.

But it is still there, just hidden somewhere in the voting screen selections :santa:

Yep so definetly voting screens only.

I was falling asleep last night playing so had an early night but if you do get it again then send me an invite to it, the main

reason at present is I am trying to complete my set of videos of playing these missions and currently its the only missing one.

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:24 AM

Yep so definetly voting screens only.

I was falling asleep last night playing so had an early night but if you do get it again then send me an invite to it, the main

reason at present is I am trying to complete my set of videos of playing these missions and currently its the only missing one.

Sure, will do - I haven't seen you online recently have you got my new account in your friends list?

mm-max-power-rr 

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:26 PM

In the meantime, try playing Blow Up I or II and destroy the car you are supposed to save.

Then go through the voting screens until you get Truck Together or if it isn't there replay the mission.

Keep doing this over and over until it appears on the voting screen  :santa:

Moss27
  • Moss27

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:18 AM

Thanks for this. Can any talented fellows make map with all 9 locations/time of day for easier use?

hercules1975
  • hercules1975

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:01 PM Edited by hercules1975, 02 February 2015 - 08:01 PM.

Coveted  (only available from midnight to 8am.. or 00:00 to 08:00)  is over here on the map

Alternatively you can just look for a Coveted playlist

Spoiler

JuZ 75
  • JuZ 75

Salad Dodger

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:42 AM

Cool thanks for that :)

coorslightzombie
  • coorslightzombie

Player Hater